• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:
HELL

****ING

YES

INDIVISIBLE COMING TO THE MOTHER****ING SWITCH

god, ever since they hinted at tbis like a month ago i have been waiting so impatiently.

:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Based on the site, however, I think Anna is an NPC, not a playable character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Inb4 Anna is the NPC shop lady for upgrading your stuff in the base game.

Then they make her playable as paid DLC because it's Anna, of course you have to pay extra for her. :p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just upgraded to physical tier for indivisible for the Switch version

Smashboards is now in the credits of the game ;)
Does this make me eligible for Smash Bros. now?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No one saw anything
You may have erased my memory ala Men in Black but I will remember!!...One day...sort of, maybe, I dunno, don't count on it.:drshrug:

Edit: Also, the picture in my signature are still broken, 'the heck?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HAHAHAHAHA, I FOUND IT! I was just oversearching, all I had to type in was "12".
Now what do you say about that, mister?

I-I... this can't be! The records would have shown it!

I-it could even mean... anything...

!

You think you are smart, don't you?

It is clear that...

THE CONVERSATION WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT!

As others have attested, it could mean anything if taken out of context, after all, only a scale is being presented and not being specified

Ergo, you have no proof that this message is in reference to measuring someone in a perverted scale

So quit making a mockery of this court and present us with hard, unquestionable evidence!
I could of sworn he wasnt 18 at all. All this time I thought he was a tween
and wonderful I just took my sleeping pills and the worst song started on my phone, ****ing Bloody Stream
I'm 17 tho
Nah, @Shishœ is definitely my age. Even if he didn't tell me his age, e's way too thicc to be a tween

Please refrain from calling the prosecution "thicc"
Money waifu confirmed with a little hat
FEW kinda saved
It's my birthday todayyyyyy...
Happy joy-py birthday-py!
Based on the site, however, I think Anna is an NPC, not a playable character.
FEW is dead again

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
An update for the ARMS Global Testpunch release. It adds the Ramen Bowl stage, Hoops, & Skillshot.

It also removes the exploit to play the game at anytime.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I didn't realise this the first time but...

I hope none of you are part of the millions of people who bought an iPhone 7.
On one hand the mangled mess makes me cringe a bit both for being mangled and for the sheer hatred it's setting off from people, but on the other hand I still remember the original Splatoon being specifically designed not to have voice chat because the people making it had awful experiences playing online games with anonymous chat.

A small part of my brain feels like a solution for voice chat too convoluted for anyone to actually use it is the only way those devs would really feel comfortable implementing it.

That said, it's not like they can't make a wireless version of this, right? There might be a concern about interference, but I can see a set of transmitters doing the same job without it being so mangled. Keep in mind this isn't actually Nintendo themselves making this, it's a licensed Hori accessory.

D

Deleted member

I'm on Hard
He's already ready for Baron promotion
Hell, even Cav!Forsyth is doubling stuff, who said the Knights were the worse class in this game?
I'd say Valbar is the worst of the of the bunch hut that's just because he can't double for ****. He has, like, 2 Spd with the Javelin.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Master Higgins was proven to be quite the popular classic in the last poll. Twinbee and Rush'n Attack had gotten no support, presumably being Assist Trophy material. Although Moai-kun have gotten some votes due to its charming design for an enemy.

Next are most classics that both Konami and Hudson had their hands in. Some of these are unique in genre like platfirners, board games, adventure, and fighting games. Your choices are Oolong from Yie Ar Kung Fu, Charlie from Circus Charlie, Momotaro from Momotaru Densetsu, and Antarctic Adventure's Penta.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The sooner Nintendo learn what a mute button is and how to implement it, the better.

How about... EXTRA THICC?

You had to go out of your way to share Friend Codes to use Swapnote and Nintendo got ethered when that service backfired.

It might not just be a matter of implementing it, they're held to a pretty big double standard as far as consoles go. Little Timmy can be exposed to whatever he wants on his Playstation, but if there's anything naughty on his Nintendo then it's Nintendo's fault, available parental control measures be darned. Heck, people jumped on Pictochat and that COULDN'T be used the way Swapnote was.

It wasn't just Swapnote, either. Miiverse was essentially an endless parade of people trying to figure out new and creative ways to get lewd photographs up with lewd drawings and comments as a rule rather than an exception, and we know Nintendo was using that for market research.

At some point Nintendo may have just decided their userbase is simply too trash to deserve nice things. They wouldn't be wrong. . .

Ivander

Smash Legend
D

Deleted member

#VGMThursday

This track plays a significant role on why the boss battle it is used for is part of my Top 5 boss battles.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so an arms stream accidentaly revealed the final boss (it shows up in 1 VS 100)
its name is Headlok and given the fact it showed up on a generic helix from the warmup im guessing it hijacks the finals of the grandprix as opposed to working with final boss man (who the streamer started to say the name of but stopped himself, long story short champ man name starts with an m)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
so an arms stream accidentaly revealed the final boss (it shows up in 1 VS 100)
its name is Headlok and given the fact it showed up on a generic helix from the warmup im guessing it hijacks the finals of the grandprix as opposed to working with final boss man (who the streamer started to say the name of but stopped himself, long story short champ man name starts with an m)
I feel like the M is probably for Major. You just KNOW they'd want to keep rolling with that superhero vibe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On one hand the mangled mess makes me cringe a bit both for being mangled and for the sheer hatred it's setting off from people, but on the other hand I still remember the original Splatoon being specifically designed not to have voice chat because the people making it had awful experiences playing online games with anonymous chat.

A small part of my brain feels like a solution for voice chat too convoluted for anyone to actually use it is the only way those devs would really feel comfortable implementing it.

That said, it's not like they can't make a wireless version of this, right? There might be a concern about interference, but I can see a set of transmitters doing the same job without it being so mangled. Keep in mind this isn't actually Nintendo themselves making this, it's a licensed Hori accessory.
The problem is that this is how voice chat is going to work universally, not just for Splatoon.

This will effect other online games, such as Overwatch, being put on the system or not.

It's not that Nintendo can't make a normal voice chat system, they just refuse to.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Ubisoft did a thing.

Pretty funny but the best part was them taking the piss out of their overuse of the word "Iconic"

New IP confirmed too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ubisoft did a thing.

Pretty funny but the best part was them taking the piss out of their overuse of the word "Iconic"

New IP confirmed too.

The "iconic" part was actually great. If nothing else, they're self-aware. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The problem is that this is how voice chat is going to work universally, not just for Splatoon.

This will effect other online games, such as Overwatch, being put on the system or not.

It's not that Nintendo can't make a normal voice chat system, they just refuse to.
I'd feel that something like Call of Duty might be a better example to use, TBH.

I heard Overwatch gets super neglected on consoles as it is. I doubt even if it did have normal voice chat that they'd bother.

I think Nintendo might have reasons for it. Whether or not they're INTELLIGENT reasons is a matter of debate, but considering the amount of effort that went into designing the console to be appealing to a modern audience I can't see absolutely everyone staying silent on the topic out of them and all the various third parties they actively consulted with to make decisions. Something likely set the weird quirk off.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd feel that something like Call of Duty might be a better example to use, TBH.

I heard Overwatch gets super neglected on consoles as it is. I doubt even if it did have normal voice chat that they'd bother.

I think Nintendo might have reasons for it. Whether or not they're INTELLIGENT reasons is a matter of debate, but considering the amount of effort that went into designing the console to be appealing to a modern audience I can't see absolutely everyone staying silent on the topic out of them and all the various third parties they actively consulted with to make decisions. Something likely set the weird quirk off.
The only reason they don't want to do it is so kids don't have to experience swearing and such in online games.

Except that's literally why you add a mute button. And parental controls.

Or just limit voice chat to people in your friends list. I'd be OK with that since most people only use voice chat if it's with their friends.

Last edited:

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Nintendo had normal voice chat in Wii U in a way with the gamepad sound and the microphone, quality aside. The Switch as no microphone and they don't seem to want to make an attachment for one either, basically giving us no other way for it.

As for the Splatoon headset, why the separated dongles for both the console and app? Didn't someone say at one point that game audio would be streamed to the phone so this issue wouldn't arise? I guess it wasn't true.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only reason they don't want to do it is so kids don't have to experience swearing and such in online games.

Except that's literally why you add a mute button. And parental controls.

Or just limit voice chat to people in your friends list. I'd be OK with that since most people only use voice chat if it's with their friends.
That SHOULD be how it works. . .but it's possible that because many parents are both lazy and idiots they thought they'd get blowtorched for it even with every possible precaution up.

There's certainly precedent for them setting up precautions, kids effortlessly getting around them, and then Nintendo getting in hot water for it. Heck, there's precedent for Nintendo getting yelled at by concerned parents over absolutely nothing.

Whether or not it's even worth it to shelter kids in order to retain that small portion of the userbase that cares is up for debate, but muting, parental controls, and friend lists combined wouldn't be enough to stop what they're trying to prevent because that would imply that the people most likely to rage would actually bother. People don't take responsibility for their kids, as much as it's stupid for them to they seem to expect the video game companies to handle that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That SHOULD be how it works. . .but it's possible that because many parents are both lazy and idiots they thought they'd get blowtorched for it even with every possible precaution up.

There's certainly precedent for them setting up precautions, kids effortlessly getting around them, and then Nintendo getting in hot water for it. Heck, there's precedent for Nintendo getting yelled at by concerned parents over absolutely nothing.

Whether or not it's even worth it to shelter kids in order to retain that small portion of the userbase that cares is up for debate, but muting, parental controls, and friend lists combined wouldn't be enough to stop what they're trying to prevent because that would imply that the people most likely to rage would actually bother. People don't take responsibility for their kids, as much as it's stupid for them to they seem to expect the video game companies to handle that.
Nintendo would not get in hot water if parents messed up and let their kids hear some naughty words online.

It hasn't happened to any other company I can think of that provides communication features with their entertainment system. And there's no reason why it should happen. Even in a court of law, Nintendo would be safe as long as the parental control features are there, which they are.

Besides, it's unwise to build your system features around a minority like that. Most people playing online would be old enough to not be bothered by naughty words or whatever online. Especially given that the Switch will soon be moving to a paid online service, and kids now have to go through their parents to get online because of it.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I played your custom map on Disgaea 5 Complete a couple of times. Was a little worried about the level compared to mine at first but it ended up fine, LOL.

I've tried to pass a couple of things in the assembly that said it would send you gifts. . .? No idea if any of it actually went through.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I played your custom map on Disgaea 5 Complete a couple of times. Was a little worried about the level compared to mine at first but it ended up fine, LOL.

I've tried to pass a couple of things in the assembly that said it would send you gifts. . .? No idea if any of it actually went through.
OH i forgot about that custom map. Idk if it worked tbh, it was meant for lvl grinding but Illl probably have to update it since my main people at lvl 9999 now

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was just playing Renegade Roundup my team lost but I got the "you win" title and vidtory theme.

D

Deleted member

I-I... this can't be! The records would have shown it!

I-it could even mean... anything...

!

You think you are smart, don't you?

It is clear that...

THE CONVERSATION WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT!

As others have attested, it could mean anything if taken out of context, after all, only a scale is being presented and not being specified

Ergo, you have no proof that this message is in reference to measuring someone in a perverted scale

So quit making a mockery of this court and present us with hard, unquestionable evidence!

I'm 17 tho
Screenshot (181).png
You know I don't lie.

And ah, I forgot, your birthday is in the summer. I was just assumed you were 18 because you were still 17 when I was 16. But now, that just proves my point even more.

Please refrain from calling the prosecution "thicc"

I have the evidence for that too though. ; ^ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom