• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOLWUT

Apparently Caddicarus gave Uncharted 4 a 9/10 and people attacked him for it

We are in a day and age 9/10 is a bad score

Man Awesome MIx Vol 2 was used so well in Guardians 2

I just got good news for a grade change and the first song that popped into my head was Wam bam shang-a-lang. I remember so many scenes where the music just made everything better

Come a little bit closer is one of my favorite "action" scenes ever btw

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's sad, really. I LOVE those old logos. It's like companies are abandoning creativity, character, and brand attractiveness in all regards to fill a status quo. I personally don't like that. I love seeing rich design in logos...and these new ones I'm personally not a fan of either :(
I honestly feel the new designs are a lot better. Less is more, and that's exactly what these logos are doing. Before they had all these extraneous details that, while charming, were unnecessary. What does Ebay's old logo communicate? Why is the old Pepsi logo racing through hyperspace? I get why people adore the old logos, but the new ones communicate the same thing with less which in the end makes them more versatile.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I honestly feel the new designs are a lot better. Less is more, and that's exactly what these logos are doing. Before they had all these extraneous details that, while charming, were unnecessary. What does Ebay's old logo communicate? Why is the old Pepsi logo racing through hyperspace? I get why people adore the old logos, but the new ones communicate the same thing with less which in the end makes them more versatile.
Hmmm...yeah, I do see where you're coming from. It's more of a personal preference for me in which I like seeing rich, over the top detail, as opposed to "less is more" and such.

I don't like the new designs, but...they do still get the message across, true. Just not in my own favorite way :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
LOLWUT

Apparently Caddicarus gave Uncharted 4 a 9/10 and people attacked him for it

We are in a day and age 9/10 is a bad score
The Australian TV show Good Game did a piece about people attacking reviewers who gave Uncharted 4 anything other than a perfect score, despite the fact the game hadn't even released to the public so all the review hate was mostly based on prerelease hype. Though some comments people made had to do with women reviewing the game.

I know some people go on and on about how reviews don't matter to them but a lot of them still seem to love sending hate filled comments to reviewers who have a different, and in this case more informed, opinion.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Tbh I kinda like the recent logo trend, as they look clean, but I wouldn't mind to return to the classic stuff, even if it looks like WordArt.

btw a small bad word is there, censor it.
Yeah, and most recent has to be Google.
I can't edit it now so I put it as a spoiler.
This is evolution in the process right here.
And I'm pretty sure there are more examples out there.
Another one is Samsung Galaxy series logo.
Why are the Astros overrated in your opinion? Why don't you think they're fit to win the world series, or the most fit team, in other words?
I think Astros will have the chance to enter World Series, they have done it back in 2005.
Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi To continue our baseball talk, I personally don't even think the Astros are the most likely to win the world series, at this point. Their fielding is mediocre iirc. At this point, I think the winner in October will either be the Yankees (cuz they're the Yankees), or the Nationals (balanced and solid all around).
I am a Nationals fan and I want them to win the World Series. However they seems to have problem with even try to enter the NLCS. Hope they can have a breakthrough this year.
I see a censor dodge in your post. Unintentional I'm sure but you might want to edit a certain word out.

The bit about ironing out the Windows logo cracks me up.
I can only set it as spoiler for now... Sorry.
If you look at Windows 8 and 10 logo it is pretty self-explanatory.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I think Astros will have the chance to enter World Series, they have done it back in 2005.

I am a Nationals fan and I want them to win the World Series. However they seems to have problem with even try to enter the NLCS. Hope they can have a breakthrough this year.
They could win. I don't think they're the most likely, but there's a chance. While I don't like their mediocre fielding, their offense on both pitching and batting is solid. They have the 2nd best batting average in the league too.

Yeah, the Nationals seem to choke pretty often...the regular season stats would lead me to believe that they won't choke, because out of the top tier teams, they seem to be the most consistent. They're good at everything, and the best at batting average iirc. But, we'll see. I also threw in the Yankees as one of the teams most likely to win, alongside Washington, because they're so stupid dominant. They've only had a record below .500 in 21 of their 114 seasons. That's insane. With how things are looking now, they'll stay up until the end of the season, and add yet another good season to their history. Besides that, they've been the only team in AL East who's been truly consistent, against all expectations. They just seem to know how to win, and they're doing it again.

I would LOVE to see my own favorite team (the Red Sox) win the World Series, but I don't see it. The team's been too inconsistent so far, and a reason behind that is because of how young they are.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Old logos traditionally were like a distinct, recognisable image that had a concrete meaning but were harder to implement in different forms.

Newer logos tend to be more minimalistic and simple, making them less iconic but they are much more malleable and easy to use on different kinds of products.

Both have their place and I don't really prefer one over the other inherently.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
User was warned for this post
Why are the Astros overrated in your opinion? Why don't you think they're fit to win the world series, or the most fit team, in other words?
Because the ***tros are only winning by offensive measures. Trying to win a world series solely by offense when you have little or no pitching is only a recipie for disaster. You aren't gonna go very far into a postseason with just bats. You have to have PITCHERS! A LOT of pitchers. Not just pitchers, good pitchers, which the ***tros only have one actual good pitcher. I keep forgetting his name, but he's recognizeable because he needs a shave.

Another good example of this was in January when the Dallas Cowboys were one and done in the NFL playoffs despite posting the NFC's best record. They have the worst defense in the league, which cost them any chance at all.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Because the ***tros are only winning by offensive measures. Trying to win a world series solely by offense when you have little or no pitching is only a recipie for disaster. You aren't gonna go very far into a postseason with just bats. You have to have PITCHERS! A LOT of pitchers. Not just pitchers, good pitchers, which the ***tros only have one actual good pitcher. I keep forgetting his name, but he's recognizeable because he needs a shave.

Another good example of this was in January when the Dallas Cowboys were one and done in the NFL playoffs despite posting the NFC's best record. They have the worst defense in the league, which cost them any chance at all.
Um...mixing together a swear and the team name is...a thing. Why do you hate them so much to use such a nickname?

And yeah, it's why I think the Nationals have the best chance of winning the WS at this time. They're much better balanced.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Um...mixing together a swear and the team name is...a thing. Why do you hate them so much to use such a nickname?
I don't. It's just too easy to see the team's name like that sometimes.

My least favorite team is Detroit, and there's no way I can mix it like that with the word "Tigers."

And yeah, it's why I think the Nationals have the best chance of winning the WS at this time. They're much better balanced.
Nationals winning it all would be nice, but their best season was in 94 during the players strike back when they were the Montreal Expos. I imagine they're also super motivated since they're losing Hot-Hot-Harper at the end of this season. The guy's a monster, I tell you.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They could win. I don't think they're the most likely, but there's a chance. While I don't like their mediocre fielding, their offense on both pitching and batting is solid. They have the 2nd best batting average in the league too.

Yeah, the Nationals seem to choke pretty often...the regular season stats would lead me to believe that they won't choke, because out of the top tier teams, they seem to be the most consistent. They're good at everything, and the best at batting average iirc. But, we'll see. I also threw in the Yankees as one of the teams most likely to win, alongside Washington, because they're so stupid dominant. They've only had a record below .500 in 21 of their 114 seasons. That's insane. With how things are looking now, they'll stay up until the end of the season, and add yet another good season to their history. Besides that, they've been the only team in AL East who's been truly consistent, against all expectations. They just seem to know how to win, and they're doing it again.

I would LOVE to see my own favorite team (the Red Sox) win the World Series, but I don't see it. The team's been too inconsistent so far, and a reason behind that is because of how young they are.
Last year's World Series was really a thrill due to the fact Cubs ended their 108 years World Series Champion drought. Same with Red Sox ending their drought. By the way, Red Sox had already won three Worlds Series in this century so I don't think Red Sox has to win lol.
And another team I am a fan of Baltimore Orioles has slipped from AL East 1st to 3rd due to their 7 losing streak a couple of days ago. But I think it will get back with Red Sox and Yankees since ya know AL East is literally a major War Zone in MLB. Whereas the NL central teams are really in the dump recently, that also includes the Cubs...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

My least favorite team is Detroit, and there's no way I can mix it like that with the word "Tigers."
Yeah.

****gers doesn't really work.

[EDIT]: No idea if that's a censor dodge. Probably is. Safe v. sorry.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Nationals winning it all would be nice, but their best season was in 94 during the players strike back when they were the Montreal Expos. I imagine they're also super motivated since they're losing Hot-Hot-Harper at the end of this season. The guy's a monster, I tell you.
Whether you find it funny or not, it's still lacking in class.
and makes sense, since Tigers and Twins are in the same area of the nation.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't edit it now so I put it as a spoiler.
You have to remove it:
7. No censor dodging! Posts that contain profanity that is not fully censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed. Note, as well, that putting this type of content behind a spoiler tag does not make it okay. It is still considered an offense.
EDIT: Got in a PC and I censored it for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The best part of the whole SU special was definitely
Ace Attorney: Zircon Wright
29dc8f0a-de4a-4eab-81c9-04186f59f1cc.png

She ****ing destroyed Yellow D, like, I want an edit of that whooe scene with PW music over it it was glorious
She's one of my favorites but I think I like every gem now except Jasper. **** Jasper
FE has the larger cast, but that doesn't mean HW didn't exclude a lot of fan favorites with its decision either. You still had characters like Groose, King of Red Lions, Tetra, Medii, Yuga, and the like who all missed the initial roster because of the restriction and many fans did lament their lack of inclusion. The fact of the matter is as a crossover game it still couldn't cover all of its bases until DLC and Legends came into the picture, and that's always going to be a reality with crossover games with limited roster slots.

Also, the first entry into Musou crossover games rarely (if ever) have more then 20 and the fact that FE is potentially getting that many is a surprise in and of itself. So unless you expected half the roster to be Awakening characters it's not reasonable to expect that many in a situation where they split their roster across the franchise as a whole.

Perhaps, but not by much. Really, what makes them notable now is the remakes as that's what getting them their current attention. Without that, they'd be in the same boat as Seliph and Lief, classic lords that appeared in Awakening DLC but are otherwise pretty ignored whenever people bring up roster discussions, even in terms of DLC.
I still feel robbed that Linebeck isn't DLC and that's the only reason they'll never have any of my money
Why hate Roy when you can love Roy instead?

:4feroy:
Because when I see his averages on Lv20 it makes me wanna cry to know he'll have those for 90% of the game

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
***tro?

Think you mean ***tro turf.

That's the fake grass in a golf course where everyone's hitting balls. :4villager:

EDIT: Nice, Smashboards.

EDIT: You know.

I think this joke could've been a hole in one, weren't it not for that double bogey. :4mario:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im late, but I knew this would happen lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom