• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Uh. . .it's on NeoGAF. . .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372347&page=50

The Tweet they linked wasn't Aussie's I don't think, but someone in the comment thread for it is already using it as an avatar.

This looks like it's getting out of hand.

*EDIT* And there's a thread. It's already at three pages. . .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1378917
(NSFL)

****ing lol.

And Aussie's tweet got linked.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237810987&postcount=184

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

I heard Overwatch will be free to play, this weekend.

That true?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I will say though.

There are some folks, here especially, who are going to have to eat a whole lot of crow if the Rabbids Kingdom Battle thing is legit.

:p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So here's a question for everyone. Sun and Moon have been out for about half a year now, so what are your thoughts on the game now that the hype has died down?

It's a mixed bag of sorts for me me, though the good outweighs the bad. I'd still place Moon in my top five Pokémon games, alongside Black, Black 2, Omega Ruby, and Platinum, though I'm not sure exactly where in that list it would go. There are some things I really love about it. The music was phenomenal, the region itself was gorgeous. I loved the aesthetic of it all. Some characters, like Lillie, Lusamine, Professor Kukui, and Guzma, were welcome additions to the Pokémon cast. Additionally, I loved what they did with some of the returning characters, with Looker, Anabel, Red, Blue, and Burnet being standouts in this regard. This batch of starters was fantastic, with Decidueye and Primarina being standouts in particular. Z-Moves are a neat addition as well, and the lack of HMs was great. The Tapus were a neat bit of lore and a nice way to incorporate he obligatory smaller "group" legends. Solgaleo and Lunala were some of the best additions to the legendary pantheon in recent years. There were also some nice Quality of Life things for competitive battling, which was nice. I also really liked their attempt at a deeper story with the Ultra Beasts and the Aether/Skull dynamic. Also Alolan Exeggutor.

It's not without its annoyances though. Worst of all are the issues that continue to exist in the series, since it shows that GameFreak didn't listen to certain criticisms. For one, GameFreak followed up the series's 20th anniversary, for which they elaborated that many players have been playing for close to two decades, with a game containing the lengthiest unskippable tutorial in the series's history. That's a huge show of tone deafness. The fact that we still don't have a simple "Have you played Pokémon before?" option at the game's startup is absurd.

Additionally, the Festival Plaza is atrocious. It needlessly complicated the process and took huge steps backwards when they got it perfectly with the PSS in XY and ORAS. The Trial Captains didn't stand out to me at all with the exceptions of Ilima and Acerola, but that's mainly due to Ilima being shown throughout the tutorial and Acerola being part of the Elite Four. Getting rid of HMs was nice, but Poké Ride kind of ruined the immersion. It would have been better if you could call on your OWN Pokémon to clear obstacles, without using move slots. Like, natural built-in abilities. I should be able to ride my own Mudsdale, dammit.

The lack of a lengthy post game really hurts it, since it again shows that GameFreak doesn't listen to complaints that haven't existed since the series's beginning, like HMs. The Ultra Beast side quest was really interesting and did a lot for Looker and especially Anabel as characters, but it could be completed in an hour at most. After that there was literally only the Battle Tree. Additionally, certain major characters like Plumeria, Faba, and Gladion fell really flat for me.

Another gripe that isn't exclusive to Sun and Moon, but I feel like mentioning. I miss when you actually had to catch your mythical Pokémon and work for them. Diancie should have been fought in Anistar City. Volcanion should have been fought at the Kalos Power Plant in XY and Mount Chimney in ORAS. Magearna was at least a step in the right direction, as it made sense for it to be at an old and eerie antique store, and the QR scan was at least SOMETHING you had to do. Having a delivery man hand you a literal god at a Pokémon Center kills immersion.

Finally...I REALLY wish the Ultra Beasts weren't able to be caught. They built them up as something totally alien and eldritch, only for them to be glorified legendaries. It also would have been a neat way to showcase how Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma differ from the UBs, by making them able to be caught due to their somewhat different circumstances. As of now those three are awkwardly "kind of like Ultra Beasts but not really." Non-catchable super bosses would have been awesome, and damn it all, Lusamine should have fought without her team.

But for all my issues with it, I still really liked it. That being said I definitely think those are issues that should be addressed in the future.
Z moves are boring and Megas were better

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Probably best to delete the tweet and provide an explanation.
Honestly, I'd delete the tweet if you don't want this kind of attention anymore and it gets to a certain point where it really is beginning to get out of hand.
You two are right.

It's best to clear this all up and give it to someone who seen the leak first. Not me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I fail to see how people think Aussie is the source.

Her tweet was today but I saw the image here yesterday.

Somebody should clear up this confusion.

AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 deleting the tweet will only look shady as hell.

Just make a point hat you found it on another forum (here) and you have no real information and people will (probably) leave you alone

If anyone asks just point them to me and ill tell them it's a dead end (since it is lol)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, I'd delete the tweet if you don't want this kind of attention anymore and it gets to a certain point where it really is beginning to get out of hand.
Probably best to delete the tweet and provide an explanation.
You guys think deleting it will actually help?

With Nintendo fans?

People will just twist it into her deleting it because she knows it's real and got in trouble with Nintendo or something.

Keeping the explanation she already posted pinned would probably be the best she can do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That'll make it worse.

Just reply to your tweet that you aren't a source.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Z moves are boring and Megas were better
I think Z-Moves were a natural bit of progression for the series. A one use super attack that's type dependent. Hell, ORAS's Super Contests already did something similar.

They weren't trying to fill the same niche as Megas, so I don't think it's a good thing to compare them to.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 deleting the tweet will only look shady as hell.

Just make a point hat you found it on another forum (here) and you have no real information and people will (probably) leave you alone

If anyone asks just point them to me and ill tell them it's a dead end (since it is lol)
Ok, I'll take your advice and make sure to tell anyone else that if they ask me any questions.

And like Swampy said, deleting it would only make me look bad.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think Z-Moves were a natural bit of progression for the series. A one use super attack that's type dependent. Hell, ORAS's Super Contests already did something similar.

They weren't trying to fill the same niche as Megas, so I don't think it's a good thing to compare them to.
We didn't get any new Megas so, it was a replacement

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

With Nintendo fans?

People will just twist it into her deleting it because she knows it's real and got in trouble with Nintendo or something.

Keeping the explanation she already posted pinned would probably be the best she can do.
That'll make it worse.

You guys are right here; I apologize. It honestly would make the situation worse if the tweet was deleted. I suppose my response may of just been a bit rushed due to needing to dash to a train station.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That'll make it worse.

With Nintendo fans?

You're right. It's a stupid idea to take it down.
Sorry, was just trying to help.
Don't lie, you all knew this was coming:

Well, at least they didn't use Aussie as a source.

Though it's interesting that they've apparently seen the full image.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, in the light of the Rabbids leak, I decided to go back to my roots here and reference something I used to do here.
For those that remember, yes, I'm going there :p.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

It'd be my first time playing it.
haha ok. Well, my battle.net is HatNClogs#11243. Which system are you gonna try it out on? I own the PC version. If one owns the PC version, they won't be able to play with players who use the console/xbox version, and vice-versa.

If I'm able to be around during that time, just hit me up and I'll do my best!

But first, some preliminary stuff: do you play a lot of FPS games? Because if you play a lot of FPS games, then there are certain characters you'd probably enjoy more than others.

I can also give you the controls for the PC version and console version:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom