• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but here me out...

Square Enix making their own MOBA with their Role Playing Franchises.

I think they'd probably kill both League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm if they did it well.
I hate you for making me want this.

I hate you a lot

downloading LoL as we speak. This is either going to be great or terrible

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Touché.

But nothing beats corgis.

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things, doesn't belong.
I know, right?

I thought Ey Crue was pretty decent.

We don't need Square to taint their franchises with MOBAs after they've been through FFXIII and Chrono Cross
Hating on Chrono Cross.

Shoe you monster.

Spoiler alert.

It's gonna be terrible.

D

Deleted member

Touché.

But nothing beats corgis.

I know, right?

I thought Ey Crue was pretty decent.

Hating on Chrono Cross.

Shoe you monster.

Spoiler alert.

It's gonna be terrible.
Chrono Cross sucks, it's a scientifically proven fact

I hate you a lot

Here lies Zebei's social life and studies

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I know people that would have some brutal meltdowns is LoL gets axed.

Man I hope it gets axed.

D

Deleted member

Chrono Cross sucks, it's a scientifically proven fact
Never played either of he Chrono games so I wouldn't know a thing anyway, but I must say that you're the one to talk because you can't admit that velociraptors have feathers.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I hate you a lot

Better reason to download and play League of Legends than I did.

I started working at Target and found this dude in the backroom like hella adorable, found out he was gay but like we had zilch in common, found out he plays League of Legends.

Literally on his suggestion started playing it so there'd be more excuses to interact with him outside of work.

It never went anywhere and he later turned out to be a bit of a jack ass anyways.

So in point I sold my soul briefly to LoL for a cute guy.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Killer Instinct says the next character is "coming soon".

Reminder this character is not a remixed character like Kilgore and Shin Hisako.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, but here me out...

I think they'd probably kill both League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm if they did it well.
I will admit. While I have been slowly getting a bit more interested in Heroes of the Storm, one of my main problems comes from having little interest in the characters besides the Overwatch characters. I did play the first Starcraft and Warcraft 3 long ago and I still want to get those games back at some point(hopefully for when the HD Remake of Starcraft comes out), but otherwise, I did not grow up alongside Blizzard and as such, I have very little interest in the majority of the Blizzard characters.

Basically, if you gave me a MOBA with characters I did grow up with or have a major interest in, I'd probably be playing it quite alot. But that's somewhat where the other problem comes in. Despite being willing to play such MOBAs, it also depends on what else they've done or if it would fit. Like while a Nintendo MOBA sounds potentially interesting, I feel like Smash Bros has already set a powerful standard that works well enough for the concept of bringing Nintendo characters/series together. Not to mention the gameplay appeals to me much more than HotS's gameplay. Basically, since Smash Bros. already exists, I feel like a Nintendo-Crossover MOBA would be a waste.

I guess I could say the same for a Square Enix MOBA. While it would be very interesting, Dissidia affects my interests greater and just appeals to me more and I feel it would fit their characters more than a MOBA. I need to think for a while for what other series could interest me in playing a MOBA game involving that series. The closest I can think of is the Fate series.

Last edited:
Ugh I forgot I had this old terrible username. I dont even think that guy doe youtube anymore and I dont think he uses the same name for his followers. blegh. If only they gave out free username changes.

Im surprised how few champions im missing. I wonder if IP gains are still dreadfully low. Only missing like 4 frim before I left, and only like 10 have been added.

2 birds, a lady with Attack on Titan wire movement, a fuzzy tyrant looking fellow riding a chicken, and a few more. Not too much to deal with since most of these guys are never played lol

Making new mastery and rune pages is going to suck though. . .

D

Deleted member

Your opinion is irrelevant. Chrono Cross is great.
"Hey, remember the three people who literally saved the world from the Large Alien Vagina Openly Sexual?
And remember that guy who was so incompetent he got himself sucked into a black hole?
Yeah? Well, that guy killed those three heroes only with the aid of an army rallied up in 5 years from a country who is two towns and a forest.
Because **** you.
Also, the holy sword that can penetrate through the magical barrier given by the evil alien vagina is now cursed, edgy and evil because why not.
Also also, Magus's whole character arc is thrown into the trash.
Also also also, killing the space vagina only made things worse so the whole journey was effectivelly pointless.
ALSO, playable characters resume to main dude, love interest, not!magus and 40+ ****ing characters with no distinct features worth of remembering.
ENJOY"
Never played either of he Chrono games so I wouldn't know a thing anyway, but I must say that you're the one to talk because you can't admit that velociraptors have feathers.
THEY DON'T HAVE FEATHERS DAMNIT
I mean, it's ostensibly a free country.

You're free to be wrong.
If you told me gravity doesn't exist, you'd be wrong
It's the same thing, you can't just say CC is good

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still need to buy Chrono Trigger. I own Chrono Cross, though. I prefer physical games, so I rarely do VC/emulation in general. Hacks aside, anyway.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I will admit. While I have been slowly getting a bit more interested in Heroes of the Storm, one of my main problems comes from having little interest in the characters besides the Overwatch characters. I did play the first Starcraft and Warcraft 3 long ago and I still want to get those games back at some point(hopefully for when the HD Remake of Starcraft comes out), but otherwise, I did not grow up alongside Blizzard and as such, I have very little interest in the majority of the Blizzard characters.

Basically, if you gave me a MOBA with characters I did grow up with or have a major interest in, I'd probably be playing it quite alot. But that's somewhat where the other problem comes in. Despite being willing to play such MOBAs, it also depends on what else they've done or if it would fit. Like while a Nintendo MOBA sounds potentially interesting, I feel like Smash Bros has already set a powerful standard that works well enough for the concept of bringing Nintendo characters/series together. Not to mention the gameplay appeals to me much more than HotS's gameplay. Basically, since Smash Bros. already exists, I feel like a Nintendo-Crossover MOBA would be a waste.

I guess I could say the same for a Square Enix MOBA. While it would be very interesting, Dissidia affects my interests greater and just appeals to me more and I feel it would fit their characters more than a MOBA. I need to think for a while for what other series could interest me in playing a MOBA game involving that series. The closest I can think of is the Fate series.
Still that said a Nintendo MOBA does make for an interesting game design challenge, since we'd possibly see how the different structures of Nintendo's worlds interact.

Also...

Politics

Just wanted to let you know, apparently the whole HSBC fraud thing now might have the UK's Prime Minister and her husband involved in it now. Like I said this seems to be getting more and more intriguing. Honestly if this does blow up I do wonder how this could effect the Tories in the UK, cause if causes them to fall apart the UK would lose its main right wing party, which honestly wouldn't be seen as to bad by the UK, no more pointless cuts or idiots who can't run our economy, sign me up. And also with UKIP, the UK's second largest party seemingly to be falling apart, well the UK would only really have centrist and left wing parties. Only parties that would remain on the right are the extremist parties.

Although the Tories would most likely recover, they'd probably just have a huge purge of all those indict in the party, cause one joke about the Tories that is used, once you cut of one head 2 more come to replace it.

Also I'd like to recommend you guys look up the #weakandwobbly on twitter, alot of good satire of the UK's PM. BTW the hashtag is weak and wobbly cause she keeps saying strong and stable, and seems to work it into nearly every speech and interview she does.

Also if any of you guys want to actually read an get more info about the scandals I suggest looking up the #toryelectoralfraud (This one deals with the election fraud from the 2015 UK election) and #torydirtymoney (This one deals with the HSBC scandal).

And again...

Boo politics :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waiting for LoL to download so Strawpoll based on post above

http://www.strawpoll.me/12890199
and no it isnt about Chrono Cross, but dinosaurs
Well, if you want to get technical most did not have feathers, but I voted yes anyway.

Then prove to me where dinos havs feathers
I don't remember ever seeing a history book saying they have
Checkmate atheists
That's cool and all, but here's the thing: You think that a phallic train is worse than anything I've posted in our convo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
2 people believe internet hoaxes

Checkmate atheists
Well there's your problem, you're only looking at history books, you need history and science books :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Don't have a resize option on my phone's edits. Damn.

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy can I take you up on that offer there? The image is in redfeatherraven redfeatherraven 's post four posts above yours. Appreciate the help guys.

See if that does anything for ya Aurane Aurane . I think 210 is the max pixel height for Premium members so that's what I made it and I kept the dimensions it was at. If looks janky let me know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well there's your problem, you're only looking at history books, you need history and science books :p
Well, technically you wouldn't be able to find that info in any school text books because they don't go in depth into dinosaurs, but yeah, if it were to be mentioned it'd be in a biology book, not a history book.

D

Deleted member

Well, if you want to get technical most did not have feathers, but I voted yes anyway.

That's cool and all, but here's the thing: You think that a phallic train is worse than anything I've posted in our convo.
You said the opposite thing as an argument as to why my statement about a toy's children having a train **** neing suoer weird wasn't to be believed
I looked at those and they told me reptiles don't have feathers
Dinosaurs are reptiles
Raptors are dinosaurs
Raptors are reptiles
As such, raptors have no feathers
Checkmate, christians

Chrono.

I've played Chrono Cross for a bit but after learning there's a bunch of missable party members my OCD couldn't handle that and it's been sitting on my PS3's HDD since circa 2012. I was liking it before that.

I played like an hour of Trigger and I can't remember anything about it. I'm pretty sure I had a couple battles though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Fine. **** you FE Heroes. I just ****ing want Linde. Not Jaqen. Not Robin. Linde.

Where the **** did my luck go??

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"Hey, remember the three people who literally saved the world from the Large Alien Vagina Openly Sexual?
And remember that guy who was so incompetent he got himself sucked into a black hole?
Yeah? Well, that guy killed those three heroes only with the aid of an army rallied up in 5 years from a country who is two towns and a forest.
Because **** you.
Also, the holy sword that can penetrate through the magical barrier given by the evil alien vagina is now cursed, edgy and evil because why not.
Also also, Magus's whole character arc is thrown into the trash.
Also also also, killing the space vagina only made things worse so the whole journey was effectivelly pointless.
ALSO, playable characters resume to main dude, love interest, not!magus and 40+ ****ing characters with no distinct features worth of remembering.
ENJOY"
avi_peeking_post.png
You forgot the part where they killed Robo.

I kind of want to go through point by point but I think it'd be wasted here.

Though I will agree that Magus' character arc being dropped was lame.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm thinking of getting a new Avatar. What do you guys think more Ike? More Snake? Or something else?

D

Deleted member

You said the opposite thing as an argument as to why my statement about a toy's children having a train **** neing suoer weird wasn't to be believed
All I said was that I could send you bigger *****.

I looked at those and they told me reptiles don't have feathers
Dinosaurs are reptiles
Raptors are dinosaurs
Raptors are reptiles
As such, raptors have no feathers
Checkmate, christians
Wrong. Wrong as usual. This is a cinnamon role.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
2 people believe internet hoaxes

Checkmate atheists
My history book said Parasaurolophus breathes fire.

Actual Christian dinosaur books are fun.

D

Deleted member

My history book said Parasaurolophus breathes fire.

Actual Christian dinosaur books are fun.
Are you sure that wasn't a satanist book? Because hat sounds metal as hell.

T-Rex being a herbivore though, not so much, so nevermind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, but hear me out...

Tbh based on my experience on HOTS today, I can't see it being hard to beat.

The system of combat is to chaotic imo, visually it could look a little nicer, but its alright.

MY main issue was this though. I got 5 matches in today to get that genjii. It took 10 minutes to find a match the first 4 times, then an additional 45 minutes to find another the last time for match 6. After that wait everyone left and agreed that that's ridiculous.

No wonder why its not that popular and why they need events to get people to play. It needs a lot of improvement imo.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fine. **** you FE Heroes. I just ****ing want Linde. Not Jaqen. Not Robin. Linde.

Where the **** did my luck go??
If you want Linde, you best bet is NOT to pull the current banner, and instead wait for the Mage Gauntlet banner. You have a higher chance there since she isn't competing with Cordelia for the blue focus unit spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom