• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
praline praline sorry about not seeing that message on my profibe until now, that was really sweet of you~
Hey don't worry about it. :D

If you want Linde, you best bet is NOT to pull the current banner, and instead wait for the Mage Gauntlet banner. You have a higher chance there since she isn't competing with Cordelia for the blue focus unit spot.
Now if only I saw this before spending 100$ trying to get her.

Why is nearly every unit I want a blue one?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You said the opposite thing as an argument as to why my statement about a toy's children having a train **** neing suoer weird wasn't to be believed

I looked at those and they told me reptiles don't have feathers
Dinosaurs are reptiles
Raptors are dinosaurs
Raptors are reptiles
As such, raptors have no feathers
Checkmate, christians
The books you're reading are clearly outdated then....

With dinosaurs like Y. Huali (which is basically a T-Rex with chicken fluff (I also painted a picture of Y Huali)) that have been discovered with preserved feathers in their fossils (this also includes some species of raptors), our perception of dinosaurs is changing...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey don't worry about it. :D

Now if only I saw this before spending 100$ trying to get her.

Why is nearly every unit I want a blue one?
I have the opposite problem, I can't get red mages and really need one.

Trying to get a specific unit in a gacha is like trying to win the lottery.

You won't. Gachas are specifically designed on making you want to do something but not having any reliable way to do it. Just need to play and hope but not care if you dont get it and work with what you get.

Occasionally you get lucky, like me getting both versions of Squall without issue in KHUX
Sometimes you fail to get Lyn or Roy but manage to get every other Red Lord available.

Tis but another day in the world of gacha

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I only started playing Heroes myself for the D.VA skin and her incoming inclusion in the game, but I do have to be honest even though I've played WoW, Diablo and Starcraft at some point in my gaming career.

I have like zero idea who any of the characters save Nova and Diablo are that aren't Overwatch characters.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I only started playing Heroes myself for the D.VA skin and her incoming inclusion in the game, but I do have to be honest even though I've played WoW, Diablo and Starcraft at some point in my gaming career.

I have like zero idea who any of the characters save Nova and Diablo are that aren't Overwatch characters.
I only remember a few because of the Warcraft movie.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I did remember some of the characters just from looking at their name or portrait, like Raynor, Jaina, Thrall, Tassadar, Kerrigan, Illidan, Arthas, Medivh, Artanis and Kael'thas. Some others I remembered after looking at their profile or appearance, like Zeratul, Anub'arak, Malfurion, Tyrande, Rexxar and Sylvanas. Besides the Overwatch characters, the rest I had no clue, except for two:
Nova, because I remembered her being the main lead in the cancelled Starcraft: Ghost game, and Diablo, cause A: It's Diablo, the namesake of his game, and B: Because I did see images of him during my long-ago hunt for portraits for Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So today my buddy and I have basically experienced everything we could while playing Snipperclips as two players...

We completed the World mode (1-2 players), very disappointed that it was only 3 worlds long...though I suppose 3 worlds at 15 puzzles each is a fair number...

Party mode (2-4 players) was alright, I'm not sure if it'll differ depending on the amount of players but it was an additional 21 puzzles....most of which didn't even need 4 players as we both were able to solve some of the puzzles without even using our spare...whatever those dudes are called....Snippers? Yeah I'll call them Snippers...

Blitz mode (2-4 players) is pretty neat as it's sort of a versus mode, one was a basketball match as you try to get the ball in other's hoop, another was frikkin Air Hockey! was pretty fun, and the other was a dojo which is basically snipping the crap out of eachother...lol
Once again I'm not sure if they'll have different games depending on the amount of players...but this seems like it's be a cool alternative to Smash or something if there's a couple other people with another set of Joy-cons...

Overall, the game was pretty fun, we had a few good laughs and some of the puzzles were really fun, I do wish it was a little bit meatier, mainly in the World mode as it's a lot better if you haven't already experienced these puzzles beforehand, and it's fairly short after going through all the puzzles once...but it's still a fair price for what it is...and was a really fun game...

but seriously **** the single joy-cons...For one session I decided we'd switch the left and right joy-con to see if there was a difference but I still had a similar discomfort in my hand as before...there's not enough for my larger than average hands to hold onto with those tiny things, with that said however it's really cool that a single portable unit has the capability to have two players without additional controllers...so I can't be too mad...

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Never played MvC before but it looks neat
Man, you have no idea what you've been missing out on.

In other news I totally missed the news that The Dark Tower got a trailer today...
For those who don't know The Dark Tower has been my favorite comic/Graphic Novel series since it was first released in that way. As I'm a fan of Stephen King, when I heard one of his novels was going to become a Comic published by Marvel my hype skyrocketed. I was super excited about the movie until I found out who uploaded the damn thing... Sony Pictures. Oh god I'm so worried about this movie being bad now. Don't get me wrong Sony CAN make a good movie or two but they usually screw up tremendously with sequels. Especially Comic Book movie sequels. Spider-man and Spider-man 2 were great but as soon as Sony wanted to start making MOAR MONEY we got the disgrace of Spider-man 3, The Amazing Spider-man, and The Amazing Spider-man 2 and yes I hate the 'Amazing' movies I'm sorry. Then you have Men in Black and while the first one is great the second one is the opposite and the third is just rather mediocre.

So, what I'm saying is this one might be good but I have almost no hope for the future of the franchise... And that sucks too because this movie has Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey whom are absolutely stellar actors who I would love to see more of in this role. I guess we'll just wait and see though...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Finished two essay papers in two days. Finished my take home final essay tonight. Take my last final tomorrow. I am pooped. Nothing a little MK8D can't fix.

How is everyone doing?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finished two essay papers in two days. Finished my take home final essay tonight. Take my last final tomorrow. I am pooped. Nothing a little MK8D can't fix.

How is everyone doing?
Hello Cyn! *hugs*
I'm doing well. Just relaxing after watching some basketball on tv.

Good luck on your last final!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

How is everyone doing?
Hello, Lady Cyndane! Long time no chat. I'm doing just well. Glad to see you're, mostly, doing the same.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hello Cyn! *hugs*
I'm doing well. Just relaxing after watching some basketball on tv.

Good luck on your last final!
Thank you, but I shall not need luck. My brain is too powerful.

Hello, Lady Cyndane! Long time no chat. I'm doing just well. Glad to see you're, mostly, doing the same.
Glad to know. I am tired after this semester.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

How is everyone doing?
Just recently got my Switch with Zelda and Mario Kart. Needless to say, it's quite the blackhole of time consumption. I'm enjoying the ride, however.

D

Deleted member

How is everyone doing?
I'm currently Switchless (so no MK8D for me), but I'm fine.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been watching some Arms gameplay for the past hour or so...

It's definitely looking quite promising for a unique fighting game...hopefully there's still a decent amount of content still yet to be announced, we know of at least 10 characters but I wonder if there will be more...

Regardless Helix is looking like a top candidate for a main, mastering his movement could make him a very viable character; Ribbon Girl's another candidate just because I love her black alt, but in addition to that she seems quite fast and the multiple jumps can make for decent mix-ups; Despite my initial criticism of the character during her reveal Minmin's looking pretty cool as well, at first I thought her dragon arm was just part of the weapon she was using (since it was a dragon head) but it turns out to be part of her gimmick...Was also considering Ninjara since he's quite fast and his ninja vanish could be useful but Ribbon Girl's also quite speedy and she has multiple jumps which I feel may be more useful in certain situations...

----

BTW May the fourth be with you!

Edit: Broken the image uploader seems...

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Started Evangelion a while ago in the interim between reading Jojo parts (Just recently finished Stardust Crusaders: I really, really liked it but there were parts that definitely could've been cut for pacing).

I mostly started it because my friend's been bugging me about watching it and I finally caved, and...I really like it so far! I'm so looking forward to when it gets scary though, I'm on Ep 11 and there's not really too much psychological horror yet

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Heroes of the Storm is not a fun game and I do not look forward to playing 10 more games for the rest of the rewards.
upload_2017-5-4_1-25-52.png
This D.Va skin is fire though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Started Evangelion a while ago in the interim between reading Jojo parts (Just recently finished Stardust Crusaders: I really, really liked it but there were parts that definitely could've been cut for pacing).

I mostly started it because my friend's been bugging me about watching it and I finally caved, and...I really like it so far! I'm so looking forward to when it gets scary though, I'm on Ep 11 and there's not really too much psychological horror yet
Now watch W, Drive, Blade or start Ex-Aid

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

How is everyone doing?
Going to set up a proper spreadsheet for my Dungeon Crawler. Only issue is I still don't have a name for the game. D:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All this FE:H talk made me want to play again. So I finally decided to use those 20 orbs and:
100% satisfied :4feroy:
You got Hector. Very nice! He's one of the rarest summons you can pull in the game. I've been trying to get him for a while, and I still haven't been lucky (even in my previous summon when I had 4 green orbs...which ended up being 2 Bartres, an Arthur, and a fourth unit I forgot; all four of which were 3-stars)

It's also worth mentioning you pulled father and daughter as 5-stars in one summoning, and that is some incredible luck!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Psycological wise, **** starts to hit the fan by Ep.14, then a full bag of manure smashes the fan by Ep. 22.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, I've just had a Japanese Test about two hours ago. Hopefully I do well in it for a pass, but for now I'll just take it easy, before getting on with some general stuff during my free day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom