• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I finally finished Stardust Crusaders!

So I was wrong about it being an everybody dies ending, I'm just happy my favorite Joestar is still alive! Still doesn't change that all my favorites are dead :(

I think I might take a break before I go on to Diamond Is Unbreakable, might watch some more Yu Yu Hakusho

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Anything lower than 150cc is boring, especially against CPU opponents. At least online there may be someone as skilled or even better than me to make 100cc interesting. But 150cc and above is best for an exciting experience.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone seriously play the low speeds? I thought they were just like "Easy mode", "Super Easy mode", and "Real mode"

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Does anyone seriously play the low speeds? I thought they were just like "Easy mode", "Super Easy mode", and "Real mode"
Just for the 3 staring.

Tho I realised too late that 3 staring a cup in 150cc or 200cc will auto 3 star anything below it in MK8. So many boring hrs wasted. -.-

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There's tons of people who prefer the slower options, generally those newer/less experienced to racing games/mario kart or if you just want an easy ride. Although with the additions of safe steering and auto acceleration, there's less reason not to use the faster settings

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only play the lower speeds in the Grand Prix mode for completion sake. When playing with my sister and younger extended family, I tend to play on 100cc since they think 150cc is a bit too fast (also the CPU is more aggressive).

Other than that it's going fast all day. Usually 150cc since that's what the game was actually designed for, 200cc is just when I'm feeling mad. I generally feel 150cc is more fun though because again, the tracks were designed for it.

Even then, I remember when I got MK7 not too long ago, after doing the first cup in 50cc to get a feel for that game, I immediately looked up how to get Rosalina, found out I have to beat the Star Cup on 150cc, and then went to do that straight away. Then went back to do the other easy stuff.

D

Deleted member

Holy **** fam, I'm looking at some of the FE SoV english footage and, like, these cutscenes, man
The Alm vs. Rudolf fight is just so ****ing great, it makes the Chrom vs. Lucina cutscene from Awakening look like any of the terrible first-person attempts from Fates
I finally finished Stardust Crusaders!

So I was wrong about it being an everybody dies ending, I'm just happy my favorite Joestar is still alive! Still doesn't change that all my favorites are dead :(

I think I might take a break before I go on to Diamond Is Unbreakable, might watch some more Yu Yu Hakusho
Jotaro Kujo(Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders - 1989)
Wait, they aren't just "Easy", "Normal", "Hard" and "Very Hard"?
My whole life has been a lie!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just for the 3 staring.

Tho I realised too late that 3 staring a cup in 150cc or 200cc will auto 3 star anything below it in MK8. So many boring hrs wasted. -.-
WAIT WTF! I NEVER KNEW THIS!

Hours upon hours was lost on those ****ing speeds. :031:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yes. I did it, I found a way max out subclasses in Disgaea..yaay

by Pauline do you typo Praline a la mode Or. did you actually mean Donkey Kongs Pauline?

Nvm, Im dumb, you mean DKs Pauline. Whatever happend to her
lol I don't know. I think she just kinda faded away. She did appear in one of the Mario vs. DK toy thing.

D

Deleted member

I still want Xenoblade Warriors. As for non-Nintendo franchises, I think Castlevania Warriors could work as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
funfact 200CC will not actually auto 3star anything lower (having seen someone with the 200cc shell cup 3 stared and it only showing up on 200CC

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still want Xenoblade Warriors. As for non-Nintendo franchises, I think Castlevania Warriors could work as well.
Xenoblade Warriors: When you chillin by killing hundreds of Bunnias and then SUDDEN LV. 108 DESPOTIC ARSENE.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Normies: "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the definitive Mario Kart experience."

Wii U modding community: "Hold my beer."

600cc with the Golden Mushroom was the piont where I basically has no idea what was going on anymore. :laugh:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So PlayerEssence is fighting me tooth and nail right now on Twitter that the Rabbids X Mario game will have sci-fi arm cannons and lasers. When I asked him what his sources were he said 'doesn't matter' I really don't know what to make of this...

I really don't see Nintendo doing this I really just don't.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
How about Nintendo vs Capcom vs Bandai Namco vs Sega vs Square Enix vs Shounen Jump vs Disney vs Warner Brothers?

For real though, give each company four characters, and we're only up to 32.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I said I wasn't going to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe due to not being enough of a difference to justify a second purchase for me.

Yet after seeing some people play it, not gonna lie, kind of want to get it now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So PlayerEssence is fighting me tooth and nail right now on Twitter that the Rabbids X Mario game will have sci-fi arm cannons and lasers. When I asked him what his sources were he said 'doesn't matter' I really don't know what to make of this...

Wasn't that one of the guys that swore up and down that the Switch would be a super powerful system that blew the PS4 out of the water?

I'll leave this leak to sort itself out in terms of being true or not as judging something's realism simply on how crazy it is isn't always the most reliable measure, but PlayerEssence isn't the person I would go to for facts either way LOL. He's kind of stubborn once he decides on a narrative he likes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

To be fair, Nintendo's doing a lot of things lately that people said they "really don't see them doing". Some good, some bad.

Like I never thought I'd see DK in a biker suit and Bowser clad in armour in Skylanders, but here we are.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To be fair, Nintendo's doing a lot of things lately that people said they "really don't see them doing". Some good, some bad.

Like I never thought I'd see DK in a biker suit and Bowser clad in armour in Skylanders, but here we are.
If we want to bring up Wii U crossover material, there's also Sonic dressing up in Link cosplay and Bayonetta dressing up as quite a few different Nintendo characters. Of course, Sega has a bit better of a relationship with Nintendo and was being paid for those games to be on the Wii U, but it's still interesting.

Then for the 3DS there's the Nintendo costumes in Monster Hunter mixed in with all the other crossover costumes. And Chrom, Lucina, and Fiora in Project X Zone 2, which was already an insane crossover game between three companies to begin with.

None of it's quite as notable as Nintendo characters with odd redesigns in a Western game, but Nintendo crossovers have been happening a lot more frequently than they seem to have in past generations. Might be to a degree Sega wanting a bit more exposure as well since their hand in one way or another is in every pie listed here, but they weren't exactly the only party involved in half of this either.

Honestly I hope it keeps up at this pace if not somehow becomes even more frequent. Crossover material is pretty fun, and even at it's oddest stuff like this is a bigger win than things like car and gas station commercials in Nintendo's own games.

. . .OH, I remember another Western crossover that was unpredictable. That Mario skin pack for Minecraft. That's less work for the devs than the Skylanders, but it's also a bit out there considering Minecraft alone is a bit of an oddity on Nintendo systems due to who bought it out. And AFAIK that's the first crossover material coming to the Switch, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we want to bring up Wii U crossover material, there's also Sonic dressing up in Link cosplay and Bayonetta dressing up as quite a few different Nintendo characters. Of course, Sega has a bit better of a relationship with Nintendo and was being paid for those games to be on the Wii U, but it's still interesting.
There were also Nintendo costumes in Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That was one of my favourites.

It's scary how much some of the Tekken characters actually look like the Nintendo character in their outfit, too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And saying that made me remember there was some Nintendo crossover content for a Dead or Alive game on the 3DS.

Dead or Alive is like, the second oddest game I've seen to have Nintendo stuff in it after Bayo in terms of target audience, LOL.

Last edited:
I got swerveddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Im not sure ho I feel about this. On the one hand, im a jericoholic.
On the other, Owens looked like he was going to be awesome on smackdown.

Do I like seeing someone FINALLY tap to the walls or do I prefer the future of episodes. . .well maybe Owens on Raw and Jericho on smackdown will still be great

Cruiserweights better steal the show as usual

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe most of Nintendo's controversial decisions are about the hardware and player experience.
Not about their games. Nintendo is usually spot-on with what players want in-game.

@Shishœ
upload_2017-5-1_5-53-33.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I believe most of Nintendo's controversial decisions are about the hardware and player experience.
Not about their games. Nintendo is usually spot-on with what players want in-game.
Eeeeehhhhh.

I'd heavily disagree with that.

I actually think they're pretty tone deaf with a lot of their design decisions.

Miyamoto having as much power as he does would do that. You need only look at impressions for a bunch of recent games to see that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How about Nintendo vs Capcom vs Bandai Namco vs Sega vs Square Enix vs Shounen Jump vs Disney vs Warner Brothers?

For real though, give each company four characters, and we're only up to 32.
You know, I have nothing better to do. Roster time.

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Chrom because let me have this at least dammit

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chris Redfield
Hunter from Monster Hunter

Bandai Namco:
Pac-Man
Heihachi
Dig-Dug
Agumon

Sega:
Sonic
Bayonetta
Jack Frost
Akira

Square-Enix:
Cloud Strife
Lara Croft
Slime
Agnès

Shounen Jump (I hope these guys are SJ anyway...) :
Goku
Naruto
Luffy
Ichigo

Disney:
Mickey Mouse
Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain America
Darth Vader

Warner Bros.:
Bugs Bunny
Scooby-Doo
Batman
Scorpion

Otherwise known as Licensing Hell.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

@Shishœ
yeah, I could agree with that. Their games have been solid, at least imo

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Eeeeehhhhh.

I'd heavily disagree with that.

I actually think they're pretty tone deaf with a lot of their design decisions.

Miyamoto having as much power as he does would do that. You need only look at impressions for a bunch of recent games to see that.
I meant Nintendo as a whole, so they are still a minority.

I was referring weird decisions like Switch friend codes and the Switch not having a charging grip by default.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Pikachu

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chris Redfield

Bandai Namco:
Pac-Man
Heihachi
Dig-Dug
Agumon

Sega:
Sonic
Bayonetta
Jack Frost
Akira

Square-Enix:
Cloud Strife
Lara Croft
Slime
Agnès

Shounen Jump (I hope these guys are SJ anyway...) :
Goku
Naruto
Luffy
Ichigo

Disney:
Mickey Mouse
Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain America
Darth Vader

Warner Bros.:
Bugs Bunny
Scooby-Doo
Batman
Scorpion

Otherwise known as Licensing Hell.
Chrom had his shot in Project X Zone 2, so he'll get one another day :p

And yes those are all shouenn jump.

And that warner brothers line up.

3 cartoon characters and then ******* scorpion lol. ( I think this is the MK one but could be wrong)

But are those 4 really warner characters? Bugs is, but scooby is hanna barbara unless warner owns that. Don't know if Batman would work being DC to though.

Why not the Warner brothers from animaniacs though?

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Pikachu

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chris Redfield

Bandai Namco:
Pac-Man