• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally every casual gamer/non-gamer I know knows who Rayman is, but far fewer know who the Rabbids are.

I think the Rabbids are popular in France and that's how they get by, Rayman is more well-known globally though. Most Rabbids games I see are in a bargain bin.
I figured that in Europe in general Rayman would be well known, but from my experience, it's much different in the US, where the Rabbids are over all much more well known among the casual gamers. I pin it on the fact that Rayman is almost the definitive European game star. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Worst leak is any of them that could have been debunked by common sense.

Most controversial leaks/rumors were always these 3

• Gemastu
  • ESRB
  • Shovel Knight

Those three spent weeks and months over speculation and upset users all around. Especially Gemastu and SK because how long they went.

I would put Smash World/Tower of Smash but that's just bandwagoning ESRB and partial delusion because salty punks over :4darkpit::4drmario::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still excited for the M&L Superstar Saga DX rumor. I already have questions for it:

- Is it an enhanced port or a full remake? (I'm fine with either)
- Is Geno still going to appear?
- Will the Mario Bros. game still be included? (probably not)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I read that thread.

I got a headache from reading the sheer stupidity of the thread.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think something's going on with Metroid since Reggie made a comment about "ask me again this time next year." Even if that didn't happen, Samus still showed up in a New 3DS advert a while back and has a couple of Switch user icons, so the IP clearly still carries some shred of weight in the company even if it's not exactly Animal Crossing level. I'd say a new title is inevitable, it skipped the 64 gen even harder than this one and that didn't kill it, and the 64 did a whole lot better than the Wii U did.

I mean, the IP is far from the most neglected of Nintendo's franchises, even in it's own general sales bracket. You're never going to see Metroid fall off the face of the earth for a quarter century under a healthy Nintendo.

That said, whether or not Retro's the one touching Metroid is a whole other matter. Their new project when they wrapped up Tropical Freeze apparently wasn't anything they worked on before (This came from the horse's mouth in an interview, I'm not just parroting old leaks. If anything you have to wonder what inspired those leaks. . .), so while them either canning it or working on multiple projects is definitely possible at the very least Metroid isn't a guarantee from them. I do think SOMEBODY's going to handle Metroid sooner or later, though.
Oh, I don't doubt it...my theory is that well see a Metroid related announcement this year, e3 at the earliest...

As for a Prime 4, based on dev statements I don't think we'll see a release until during the later half of 2018 or in 2019, so I'm leaning towards a 2D Metroid game as a possibility, mainly due to the surge in metroidvania indie games in recent years such as Axiom Verge (which may as well be a Metroid game) as well as a certain fan project Nintendo doesn't want to exist...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Worst leak is any of them that could have been debunked by common sense.

Most controversial leaks/rumors were always these 3

• Gemastu
  • ESRB
  • Shovel Knight

Those three spent weeks and months over speculation and upset users all around. Especially Gemastu and SK because how long they went.

I would put Smash World/Tower of Smash but that's just bandwagoning ESRB and partial delusion because salty punks over :4darkpit::4drmario::4bowserjr::4duckhunt:
The Shovel Knight and ESRB leaks also weren't helped by some of the issues that went on in the background with both. For the Shovel Knight leak, not only did we not have a lot of information to go off of (just a timeframe and the credibility of the leaker as we were told), but we also had the debates over Yacht Club's tweets, Cloud's reveal casting doubt on the timeframe, the amiibo, the conflicts with Tama, along with the usual 'deserving' arguments all made those few months pretty painful. The ESRB leak wouldn't have been as bad as it was if it wasn't for two (or three) users that leaked it acting like children who just learned a cool secret and mixing in false information to make themselves self-important for a time. The fact that said information fed into the idea that there must be more characters then what we got made it worse, particularly since the last four characters revealed were not that popular.

In brighter Smash news, there was a funny Bowser kill in today's tournament:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CharmingBoringPassionfruitImGlitch

Last edited:
The ESRB leak wouldn't have been as bad as it was if it wasn't for two (or three) users that leaked it acting like children who just learned a cool secret and mixing in false information to make themselves self-important for a time. The fact that said information fed into the idea that there must be more characters then what we got made it worse, particularly since the last four characters revealed were not that popular.
Oh god I forgot about the piggyback leaks until I read that thread.

Having to deal with people saying Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus kids etc were confirmed the whole time was infuriating. And then when they were inevitably wrong because they didn't keep their expectations in check it was a second wave of salt. Blegh

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
We talking leaks now?

Unless I missed an early debunking, it's amazing how long this thing stayed alive until @vaanrose (I think it was him) revealed he knew the guy who made this:

Although everybody seemed to forget about it when she got revealed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh god I forgot about the piggyback leaks until I read that thread.

Having to deal with people saying Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus kids etc were confirmed the whole time was infuriating. And then when they were inevitably wrong because they didn't keep their expectations in check it was a second wave of salt. Blegh
The only thing I hated as much as the piggyback leaks was the sheer smugness of some people.

Particularly, the people who got on other's cases for using the words "ballot" and "ballot winner." Any time ANYONE said that, there were at least three people going "Stop calling it a ballot, it's a ****ing suggestion box. There won't be a 'winner'." I had to purposely dance around the words "ballot" and "winner" just to avoid pedantic jerks.

But hey, on the other hand, I certainly felt vindicated when Sakurai specifically called Bayonetta the "ballot winner." :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His voice seems like it's going to get annoying to me. It's like a constant high pitched whine

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We talking leaks now?

Unless I missed an early debunking, it's amazing how long this thing stayed alive until @vaanrose (I think it was him) revealed he knew the guy who made this:

You mean that one leaked screenshot with Palutena and Mario. I always get reminded of it whenever I play any matches as Mario and stumble upon a random match with Palutena, (Which seems to happen quite often actually.)

Speaking of speculation memories, I ironically just rewatched the first Smash Direct again today (The one that was released when Smash 4 was first announced and Sakurai showed off the 3DS and Wii U version with MegaMan, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer) quite the coincidence.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Mario Kart 8 has always looked good, but playing it on a handheld is just really nice.

Anyone with MK8D wanna share friend codes?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think you are all just jeleous you can't get a piece of his luscious lips

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, after Ryu dropped, pretty much everything else was just icing on the cake for me. Sure there were some other characters I really wanted (Isaac, Ridley or even Dark Samus). But I got my main Mega Man and Ike as my backup, so I didn't see the need to complain.

Not saying that you HAVE to be satisfied, just don't knock everyone else's enjoyment. That I can't stand.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
>looks at CPSIA website for Nintendo

>sees that the mystery amiibo was changed to Cloud's Advent Children costume

Yes, I knew this was going to happen eventually, but it took me until now to notice the change. Still hope this is not the end for a Smash port as always. >_<

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh man it's crazy seeing some people go so deep.

People calling things "facts" and being rude. . .and then being wrong about their facts. The one thing I don't mind about leaks haha. People even denying after the gameplay video leaks. Video not being enough haha

srsly tho **** Tower of Smash that was the worst leak ever and the fact it got so much traction is an insult to speculation.
I'd actually love to see posts from certain people who were particularly arrogant after it was confirmed real without a shadow of a doubt.
Seeing people make asses of themselves and having to eat crow is great.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished watching the tournament stream for ARMS (day 1 but only the first half is up on YouTube).

The hammer glove looks really good.

Can't wait for tonight's day 2 to get uploaded on YouTube.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>looks at CPSIA website for Nintendo

>sees that the mystery amiibo was changed to Cloud's Advent Children costume

Yes, I knew this was going to happen eventually, but it took me until now to notice the change. Still hope this is not the end for a Smash port as always. >_<
Hey, at least that one wasn't Female Corrin. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Nintendo: "American Kirby is hardcore"
Namco: "Hold my beer"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Heh, I had the feeling people would Beverly chattering about the Rabbids. But I have have a quick announcement.

I will be staying her to the shock and surprise to some. If only because recent events made me realize what great I have know here and it's too mundane to throw it all away. So yes Yellowlord Yellowlord , I'm speaking the truth and completely serious this time. Because in the end of the day, we are all different and we shouldn't let our differences get the best of us.

Unfortunately however, a certain someone just won't be the same anymore. He's got some amnesia that hit him bad and it will take a bit of answers to help him remember most of of you. So try not to be offended if he says things like "Who are you?" or "I never heard of you in my life." Things had been rough on the big guy and you'll have to give things time. Who knows, just having some dialogue with him will help him break of out that cloud. If only a little.

Now back to your daily scheduled Amiibo speculation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My Friend Code is in my sidebar if you want to put it in.

I think Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo might have been looking for someone to play with yesterday, not sure.
Well I was saying "Hey, MK8 tourny like before" and I think my code is on my sidebar but Im on mobile and cant tell so if anyone wants it, its 5586-2837-4585

Oh man I put in 250 hours in Disgaea, help

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well I was saying "Hey, MK8 tourny like before" and I think my code is on my sidebar but Im on mobile and cant tell so if anyone wants it, its 5586-2837-4585

Oh man I put in 250 hours in Disgaea, help
It's not on the side thing.

A mk8d tourney would be cool.

Edit: congrats on 43000 posts.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Nintendo: "American Kirby is hardcore"
Namco: "Hold my beer"
It's so edgy the pellets became rectangles.

Doesn't look too different from what the Atari Pacman is usually though. Just that he's now chrome for some reason.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
We talking leaks now?

This was the leak that made me join Smashboards.

The huge amount of debate on whether or not this was real fascinating. I hadn't seen any other fake leak like it, at least until the Rayman leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom