• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I do know that you have a love for rabbits (you've mentioned your pet rabbit quite a lot), which I understand. But uh... you're telling me the Rabbids haven't annoyed you at this point in time? I think that's what most people tend to dislike them, with another reason being that they have been taking attention away from Rayman...
OOH I mean Rabbids, Not Rabbits. pfff and yeah,they dont annoy me, why would they annoy me?
Obviusly people like them enough for them to exsist. If I wish they were never made, that would be taking away things othwrs line

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Honestly I kind of find it funny that the Rabbids are so much more well known and iconic than Rayman, considering they started out in his series. Poor guy can't catch a break. :p
The Rayman series has still sold more than the Rabbids series iirc.

The problem is that we rarely ever get a Rayman game.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
OOH I mean Rabbids, Not Rabbits. pfff and yeah,they dont annoy me, why would they annoy me?
Obviusly people like them enough for them to exsist. If I wish they were never made, that would be taking away things othwrs line
Well then, my bad. We all make mistakes every now and then.

I mean... their constant screaming is certainly not a joy for the ears. Then again, I suppose the tolerance levels for their screaming just depends on the person. I haven't actually played a game in the series before (from what I can remember) and I will never do so, but I am well aware that they're annoying.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okuyasu "MILF Hunter Jr." and Gyro "eat ****" have nothing on the MILF Master Hunter, Cherry Licker and BABY STAND true Jojobro
Kakyoin: "And that dream Stand"
Polnareff: "What are you talking about?"
Kakyoing: "Oh, right, you don't remember that. Yeah don't worry about it."
READ THE MANGA TO APPRECIATE OKU
EDIT: I wrote more in this post but even though the site cut most of it off, it got the message across

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly I kind of find it funny that the Rabbids are so much more well known and iconic than Rayman, considering they started out in his series. Poor guy can't catch a break. :p
Is that still the case now? I honestly haven't payed much attention to them. And Rayman got a comeback thanks to the last two games of his.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is that still the case now? I honestly haven't payed much attention to them. And Rayman got a comeback thanks to the last two games of his.
I mean, they have a TV show. I think that says a lot about their appeal, since they clearly tested well enough with focus groups to get one. I guess it helps that they were Minions before the Minions were Minions. I definitely think the Rabbids are generally more well known than Rayman, who is over all obscure outside of the more core gamers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mfw Kissanime doesn't have A Silent Voice yet because it needs stuoid DVD releases
I NEED IT NOW DAMNIT
READ THE MANGA TO APPRECIATE OKU
EDIT: I wrote more in this post but even though the site cut most of it off, it got the message across
I already appreciate Okuyasu
Just not as much as Kakyoin

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't really know what to think of the Mario and Rabbids crossover.

It's a bizarre enough to have me intrigued, but considering I don't really care much for the Rabbids anymore (I still have soft-spot for them and I do think Rabbids Go Home is an underrated gem of a game), I'm not sure if I'll pick it up.

If Rayman is involved, I'll probably be a bit more interested.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit, I miss the fake roster leaks. They were fun. :p
Oh man, remember that roster leak with that monstrous Ridley just before E3 2014? Man, those were good times
Pic of the day, 4chan leaks, Ridley debates...
Except for the Gematsu Inquisition, those were dark days...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Don't forget the most believable and well made leak of all time:

I'm sure the person how did this is incredibly cool and handsome.
Oh my god! Bandanna Dee is finally in Smash Bros! Look at that 1080p model with that 1080p spear! It's incredible!

if only... :(

Last edited:
I miss having a leak every week where all we did was find where the render/artwork came from.

I miss quality leaks in general (AKA not text leaks dammit)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mario x Rabbids is a weird as **** idea.

And I want it because of that. :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

OH GOD I FOUND IT

#ThrowbackSaturday?

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Having absurd fake leaks was pretty cool; doing the photoshop work, transfering the image to a TV and taking the shakey blurry photo was fun.

I wanna to do a Seinfeld one now :v

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man, we had some wild times during Smash 4.

Part of me is hoping we don't get a simple port, just to increase the chances of madness and leaks again.

It was chaos, but it was fun chaos.

Remember that Toucan Sam fake?

https://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/

Here is the thread if you want some laughs and memories.

If you see a stupid post made by me, ignore it.
Oh man it's crazy seeing some people go so deep.

People calling things "facts" and being rude. . .and then being wrong about their facts. The one thing I don't mind about leaks haha. People even denying after the gameplay video leaks. Video not being enough haha

srsly tho **** Tower of Smash that was the worst leak ever and the fact it got so much traction is an insult to speculation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, they have a TV show. I think that says a lot about their appeal, since they clearly tested well enough with focus groups to get one. I guess helps that they were Minions before the Minions were Minions. I definitely think the Rabbids are generally more well known than Rayman, who is over all obscure outside of the more core gamers.
Literally every casual gamer/non-gamer I know knows who Rayman is, but far fewer know who the Rabbids are.

I think the Rabbids are popular in France and that's how they get by, Rayman is more well-known globally though. Most Rabbids games I see are in a bargain bin.

D

Deleted member

lol, look at this piece of crap leak.

"Why is G&W's hand overlapping Wario's icon?"
"Why is Shulk next to the third party characters?"
"Those Duck Hunt Dog and Dr. Mario renders look familiar."
"Shulk is just a Photoshopped Little Mac. FAKE!!!"

This brings back memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
https://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/

Here is the thread if you want some laughs and memories.

If you see a stupid post made by me, ignore it.
People had no idea what they were getting into looking back, did they?

It seems like the biggest sign that a leak is real is if everyone starts calling it fake at once. And considering things like that fake touchscreen NX controller a while back, the opposite is also true.

And well, the biggest sign that a leak has both truth and inaccurate details to it is if people take both extremes and argue over it incessantly, judging by Gematsu.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sooo....the MarioXRabbids rumour is alive again?....well yippee...

I'm not particularly a fan of leaks and rumours in general but with that said I wouldn't really mind some more hints at a possible Metroid title...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I felt that after the Gematsu leak got destroyed people were more focused on debunking leaks passionately.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So there's new footage of Shadows of Valentia in English.

Gray continues to be a meme machine.
Tobin: Woof! She's going to be a handful.
Gray: Yeah, I uh...*cough*. That's what I'm hoping.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sooo....the MarioXRabbids rumour is alive again?....well yippee...

I'm not particularly a fan of leaks and rumours in general but with that said I wouldn't really mind some more hints at a possible Metroid title...
I think something's going on with Metroid since Reggie made a comment about "ask me again this time next year." Even if that didn't happen, Samus still showed up in a New 3DS advert a while back and has a couple of Switch user icons, so the IP clearly still carries some shred of weight in the company even if it's not exactly Animal Crossing level. I'd say a new title is inevitable, it skipped the 64 gen even harder than this one and that didn't kill it, and the 64 did a whole lot better than the Wii U did.

I mean, the IP is far from the most neglected of Nintendo's franchises, even in it's own general sales bracket. You're never going to see Metroid fall off the face of the earth for a quarter century under a healthy Nintendo.

That said, whether or not Retro's the one touching Metroid is a whole other matter. Their new project when they wrapped up Tropical Freeze apparently wasn't anything they worked on before (This came from the horse's mouth in an interview, I'm not just parroting old leaks. If anything you have to wonder what inspired those leaks. . .), so while them either canning it or working on multiple projects is definitely possible at the very least Metroid isn't a guarantee from them. I do think SOMEBODY's going to handle Metroid sooner or later, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom