• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I dont even think I need to post a reaction gif this time. These discussions we have here sure are weird.
Uhhhh
Kirby's known for having surprisingly dark stuff, we're talking about how Nintendo themselves said Kirby heals his allies. At this point I'm honestly expecting you to go "wow you guys sure talk about weird stuff" when Avengers Infinity War comes out and almost everyone here screams about how excited they are

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Uhhhh
Kirby's known for having surprisingly dark stuff, we're talking about how Nintendo themselves said Kirby heals his allies. At this point I'm honestly expecting you to go "wow you guys sure talk about weird stuff" when Avengers Infinity War comes out and almost everyone here screams about how excited they are
I'm reffering to the discussion about long hair.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I just noticed my bangs irl are as long as the were in the dream. Only difference is that my back hair isn't long
$WAG

Uhhhh
Yeah, they are exaggerating, one of the reasons I like Kirby is because it's cute and "dark"/cool at the same time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kirby confirmed as a heartless monster bent on genocide. :troll:
Wow. It took you this comic and not the plot of Squeak Squad to learn this in which he commits mass genocide, slaughtering countless poor creatures, just because someone stole his slice of cake. That game was also the one he could set grass on fire, freeze water and send electric currents through metal

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's literally been over a year since I last visited the social thread, and Smashboards.

Doubt any of my old pals here remember me, but how's everyone been?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
? That's just a dream, haven't you had nonsensical dreams? I remember being stung to death by an origami scorpion in a dream when I was a kid
Yeah, I've had oddball dreams before.

This one time I dreamt that I was playing a videogame where youre walking around in a shopping mall kinda like Celadon Department Store, only bigger, and theres a guy animated like something from Gmod Idiot Box going around hitting people in the face with sandwiches while yelling out "SANDWICH!!!!!" He eventually hits this guy in the face with a sandwich, runs off, then the guy chases after him saying in the TF2 Demoman's voice "THAT STUPID BUGGER WILL SCRUB ALL THE DEPARTMENTS ON EVERY SINGLE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow. It took you this comic and not the plot of Squeak Squad to learn this in which he commits mass genocide, slaughtering countless poor creatures, just because someone stole his slice of cake. That game was also the one he could set grass on fire, freeze water and send electric currents through metal
I've had the feeling you would say that.

It's like they took his personality from Avalanche and gave him a good reason to be a **** to all those species.

Squeak Squad can be surprisingly dark if you think about ti.

It's literally been over a year since I last visited the social thread, and Smashboards.

All I know is that you would have to start all over with the Jack Frost thread since we have a new Smash Switch speculation subforum.

And it's nice to see you again mate.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
His stomach is another dimension and according to the anime, he HAS no teeth. In that episode he mimicked his friends brushing their teeth, but that's probably because he likes the minty flavour. Though the games had him show teeth when using Crash once iirc
Apparently there was a cancelled game that had him as a baby with a single curly hair when he's both already extremely young as it is and certainly doesn't have any hair (and would honestly look weird with that too). Depending on how early that game was they may have made a few retcons afterwards.

Not that everything the anime says is true for the games, but from what I can tell it seems like any really big stuff that flies in the face of the plot of past games probably isn't in effect but much more comparatively minor stuff like Galaxia carries over. This seems like it would fall into the latter category.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

It's like they took his personality from Avalanche and gave him a good reason to be a **** to all those species.

All I know is that you would have to start all over with the Jack Frost thread since we have a new Smash Switch speculation subforum.

Good to know. I had no idea you guys still remembered that thread. And thank you!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I doubt you consider me a pal, but I do remember you by your username.

Can't see your avatar though because I still see in Knucklesvision.

Welcome back though. The post before yours should provide a comforting welcome!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone ever play Spawn game on SNES? I always wanted to try that one out. The only Spawn game I got to beat was Armageddon on Gamecube.

It was alright. But the last few levels were really annoying. Especially that one space level, since most rooms look the same, it's hard to tell where you are going.

Last edited:
So apparently there's a new English trailer for Echoes...
...and it's full of a bunch of errors.
Some that have been pointed out:
-Silque is a Sage at one point in the trailer, even though that should be impossible. (Clerics promote to Saints and Sages are male-only)
-Mae uses Excalibur, which she shouldn't be able to learn.
-There's an enemy soldier labeled as part of Alm's Army.
I thought this might just be an update from NES gaiden but lol. Women in using Male versions of a model, armies fighting themselves. I lol'd. Hope they have time to fix some of the errors and that the weird stuff here is just someone screwing around in debug mode like someone on serene suggested there.

Luigi The President Luigi The President you would be surprised how good smashers memories can be. How else are supposed to remember what sakurai said on something 7 years ago ;)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I thought this might just be an update from NES gaiden but lol. Women in using Male versions of a model, armies fighting themselves. I lol'd. Hope they have time to fix some of the errors and that the weird stuff here is just someone screwing around in debug mode like someone on serene suggested there.

Luigi The President Luigi The President you would be surprised how good smashers memories can be. How else are supposed to remember what sakurai said on something 7 years ago ;)
I can still remember a fake Bomberman leak, so that's a good point. I also remember you!

I doubt you consider me a pal, but I do remember you by your username.

Can't see your avatar though because I still see in Knucklesvision.

Welcome back though. The post before yours should provide a comforting welcome!
I distinctly recognize your old username, but I don't remember ever getting into any arguments with you. Thanks man.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Of all the Super Punch Out boxers, Mad Clown had won. Either this is a coincidence (because birthday) or people just want to play as a boxing clown. We can agree he's the better Italian rep than Pizza Pasta.

Because Pilotwings NES and 64 have their own separate casts, I'm splitting them both because they have enough options. For now, I'll begin with the most character centric title in the franchise, 64. Your choices are Lark (or Nester if you are a hardcore fan), Hawk (@GoldenYuiitusin), Goose, and Robin (aka Hooter because of her... "talents").

There was a problem fetching the tweet

At least this should should things once and for all who's the best option. I might tag smashkirby smashkirby , but I doubt he can do much because no Twitter account.
Wow, I'm both surprised Lark's THAT far ahead, and that GOOSE of all people doesn't have any votes to speak of...

D

Deleted member

This will most likely mean nothing to everyone here, but wanted to share I just got the strongest weapon for Dark Knight (Anima Weapon) in Final Fantasy XIV (the MMORPG one) after many months of hard work. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Considering he's a kid that's probably too young to understand things beyond a basic concept of good guy and bad guy labels and a cannibalistic eldritch abomination at the same time, it's probably not much wonder that his grasp on morality is a bit. . .shaky. The universe is lucky that he's actually legitimately nice aside from his thing with food. Just don't freaking steal his food and the world is safe. If this were any place other than Popstar it wouldn't be that hard. Unfortunately for them he just happens to live on a planet where everyone else is pretty obsessed with food as well.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow, I'm both surprised Lark's THAT far ahead, and that GOOSE of all people doesn't have any votes to speak of...
Probably because of Robin being cute or Hawk looking badass.

Poor Goose though. He's lanky enough to be the next Waluigi.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This will most likely mean nothing to everyone here, but wanted to share I just got the strongest weapon for Dark Knight (Anima Weapon) in Final Fantasy XIV (the MMORPG one) after many months of hard work. :D

Congrats on getting it. I'm sure it wasn't easy to do.

Aside from that. I know the the term "edgy" is overused now, but it does look pretty edgy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I keep it as regurgitating as Kirby is one of the most surprisingly ****ed up franchises period. Zero having a bloody explosion before ripping it's own eye out in a last ditch effort to kill you, constantly shooting sharp shards into a bleeding eye, Robobot's tragic villain, Drawcia Soul's defeat looked pretty off, etc

Also @Mandela and praline praline halp I'm watching Sailor Moon Crystal and I'm enjoying it
Everything is going according to plan...

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So...Ed Blaylock, the voice of King Bradley from FMA, Jose Porla from Fairy Tail, and Sengoku from One Piece passed away...

Rest in peace, man, rest in peace

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was watching a Kingdom Hearts streamer/YouTuber play some 0.2 BBS and when he finished, he re-hosted the stream to a friend of his or something and she was playing Mahvel, but she also was Irish and had a cute accent.

Damn, where are all the Irish gamers at in my town?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh boy. Well..
Oh hey, I haven't seen you before.

Hopefully you enjoy your time here. This place is a pretty fun ride.

. . .

I feel like this greeting is missing something.

Hopefully that works.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Has anyone else here been watching Samurai Jack?

Because it's been an outstanding return to the journey so far.

New Steven Universe arc trailer got posted:

Source: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe/episode-guide/EP01616432?desc=on

S04, E21: Doug Out 5/16/2017 Steven and Connie join Connie's father on a stake out.

S04, E22: The Good Lars 5/17/2017 Steven, Lars and Sadie get invited to a party with the Cool Kids.

S04, E23: Are You My Dad? 5/18/2017 People disappearing from Beach City, and Steven tries to solve the mystery.

S04, E24: I Am My Mom 5/19/2017 Steven struggles to fix his mistakes.
The two new characters are called Topaz and Aquamarinee and are sent to earth after Navy makes a report to the diamonds.

It looks really interested and I can't wait!
I saw this earlier and got hyped.

I can already tell there's some great incoming Gem Homeworld lore in those last two episodes.

It's also nice to hear Connie's father is finally going to get a spotlight episode, actually. He really hasn't done anything since S1.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Personally I think Moana is just "good tier" as a Disney movie. I'm not a particularly huge fan of it but it's a good movie, I was just disappointed in a few things and thought they missed some good opportunities to make it truly great. I also thought the middle was a bit meh.

I just saw a very obvious reference opportunity and yeah, that's one of the best bits from the entire thing. Dwayne Johnson is the man with the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom