• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Queen Sectonia taught me how bad I'm at Kirby.

I lost so many lives that the Bandana Dee started handing out golden tomatoes (which fully restore health) instead of the normal bottle it gives. >_>
Oh, Sectonia can be tricky, especially in the third phase when she does that teleportation attack.

But it's still one incredibly fun and epic battle. The second phase is when it gets really good. Also helps that Sectonia has the best boss theme of all the Kirby bosses.

Beetle snaps the game in half
Nah, that title goes to Archer Kirby.
  • Has the same invincible shield that Stone and Leaf Kirby have.
  • Dash attack with invincibility frames
  • Arrows that hit for really good damage
  • Takes only about 1-2 seconds for a fully charged arrow
Beetle Kirby is good, but Archer Kirby brings "OP ability" to a whole new level.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, Sectonia can be tricky, especially in the third phase when she does that teleportation attack.

But it's still one incredibly fun and epic battle. The second phase is when it gets really good. Also helps that Sectonia has the best boss theme of all the Kirby bosses.

Nah, that title goes to Archer Kirby.
  • Has the same invincible shield that Stone and Leaf Kirby have.
  • Dash attack with invincibility frames
  • Arrows that hit for really good damage
  • Takes only about 1-2 seconds for a fully charged arrow
Beetle Kirby is good, but Archer Kirby brings "OP ability" to a whole new level.
Dirty & Beauty/ Sullied Grace is amazing but not the best Kirby boss theme

I don't know what it is but Archer always felt pretty awkward to use, Beetle also profits from throws, which tend to be very powerful if you collide with something. Besides, Suplex was my favourite ability to use for the Arena in KSSU. True Arena needed Stone though

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Archer ended up being one of my favorite power-ups in recent Kirby games. Though I don't have Triple Deluxe, so I can't say much on Beetle other than it looking cool.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dirty & Beauty/ Sullied Grace is amazing but not the best Kirby boss theme
Which Kirby boss theme do you think is the best?

I don't know what it is but Archer always felt pretty awkward to use, Beetle also profits from throws, which tend to be very powerful if you collide with something. Besides, Suplex was my favourite ability to use for the Arena in KSSU. True Arena needed Stone though
Guess we seem to have different tastes in abilities then. I remember being hyped to try out Beetle in the days leading up to Triple Deluxe, but when I tried to for myself, it felt awkward and rather complicated for me to use. I was never big on the Suplex ability, so that's probably why I couldn't get used to Beetle Kirby no matter how hard I tried.

Archer Kirby was an ability that I didn't keenly follow leading to TD's release in the States, but when I decided to try it out in Arena mode, I got used to it very quickly. I loved how fast it took to charge a fully-powered arrow that could really pack a punch against bosses. Combined with that invincible shield, the ability made both the Arena and True Arena are much easier and more memorable experience. I fell in love with the ability after a while, and it became my go-to ability since.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, that new Attack on Titan episode made my heart pound so hard during the second half. Like, this is the first time in a while I felt like my heart was going to pop out of chest because of how epic it was!

Nanaba though...

...words cannot describe how horrifying and sad her death was.!

Just like how the anime made Mike's death more brutal than the manga, the anime extends Nanaba's death scene from the manga.

In her final moments, a Titan bites off one of Nanaba's legs, and a few other Titans grab her by the limbs. Nanaba is screaming with tears in her eyes. Her last words as she is about to be devoured: "Father, stop. I'm sorry, I won't do it again!"

It seems like she was getting delirious from blood less, and in that delirium, she remembered her childhood. Those words about her father imply that Nanaba had a very rough childhood. The way she apologizes to her dad implies that he was abusive to her.

Nanaba was a tough, powerful, calm, and collected individual from what we've been seeing in the series, so learning that she was once a helpless and weak child is just heartbreaking, especially when she brings it up in her final moments when she is at her most vulnerable.

Those final words Nanaba speaks were not present in the manga. Something tells me this added dialogue and extended scene might have been suggested on Isayama's part to give more characterization about Nanaba. I think that was a good addition to the anime. Really makes you feel more for Nanaba.

Nanaba, you were a badass until the end, and you're death was heartbreaking and terrifying to watch. RIP Nanaba. You will be missed.:(

As for my other thoughts on this episode.

So the episode began by flashing back to two hours earlier when they arrived in Castle Utgard, and we got the Ymir laughing at Connie and Ymir reading the Herring can scenes. Thank goodness! The anime perfectly adapted those scenes from the manga as well.

Loved those badass shots of Nanaba killing Titans.

Then you had Reiner, Bertolt, Ymir, Krista, and Connie having to fight off one Titan that broke into the castle. Quite the action we got there!

And when Reiner had that flashback just as the Titan's arm was about to swoop on him, I couldn't help but notice something...

This was Ymir Titan's teeth before she ate Reiner's friend:

And here is Ymir's teeth when she turned into a Titan Shifter:

Notice her teeth become sharper and more fang-like. In the manga's, Ymir's initial Titan didn't have those fang-like teeth before eating Reiner's friend, so it seems like this was another change on the anime's part... to indicate what kind of Titan power she received.

I guess this confirms the sharpened teeth and added claws are Ymir's special Titan powers that set her apart from other Titans.

And damn, Beast Titan picking up chunks of the wall and throwing it with perfect accuracy to kill the horses and the two Survey Corps soldiers. This thing really is a beast!

That scene with Ymir and Krista towards the end of the episode was beautiful. Again, it was perfectly true to the manga.

"Live a life that you will be proud on." - Inspirational stuff from Ymir.

And Ymir's Titan transformation!

THAT was so epic! What a way to end the episode! I can't wait to see her wreck havoc on those Titans next week. That flashback will also prove why she's such a great character, and it is there the roots of Krista's character development will begin.

Looking back on Ymir's transformation...

Notice how the bones and muscle tissue travel in a straight line as she descends. I think it is definitely related to those "paths" that connect all the Eldians and can supply everything a Titan Shifter needs when transforming.

This AoT episode gets a perfect rating from me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Guess we seem to have different tastes in abilities then. I remember being hyped to try out Beetle in the days leading up to Triple Deluxe, but when I tried to for myself, it felt awkward and rather complicated for me to use. I was never big on the Suplex ability, so that's probably why I couldn't get used to Beetle Kirby no matter how hard I tried.

Archer Kirby was an ability that I didn't keenly follow leading to TD's release in the States, but when I decided to try it out in Arena mode, I got used to it very quickly. I loved how fast it took to charge a fully-powered arrow that could really pack a punch against bosses. Combined with that invincible shield, the ability made both the Arena and True Arena are much easier and more memorable experience. I fell in love with the ability after a while, and it became my go-to ability since.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, that new Attack on Titan episode made my heart pound so hard during the second half. Like, this is the first time in a while I felt like my heart was going to pop out of chest because of how epic it was!

Nanaba though...

Just like how the anime made Mike's death more brutal than the manga, the anime extends Nanaba's death scene from the manga.

In her final moments, a Titan bites off one of Nanaba's legs, and a few other Titans grab her by the limbs. Nanaba is screaming with tears in her eyes. Her last words as she is about to be devoured: "Father, stop. I'm sorry, I won't do it again!"

It seems like she was getting delirious from blood less, and in that delirium, she remembered her childhood. Those words about her father imply that Nanaba had a very rough childhood. The way she apologizes to her dad implies that he was abusive to her.

Nanaba was a tough, powerful, calm, and collected individual from what we've been seeing in the series, so learning that she was once a helpless and weak child is just heartbreaking, especially when she brings it up in her final moments when she is at her most vulnerable.

Those final words Nanaba speaks were not present in the manga. Something tells me this added dialogue and extended scene might have been suggested on Isayama's part to give more characterization about Nanaba. I think that was a good addition to the anime. Really makes you feel more for Nanaba.

Nanaba, you were a badass until the end, and you're death was heartbreaking and terrifying to watch. RIP Nanaba. You will be missed.:(

So the episode began by flashing back to two hours earlier when they arrived in Castle Utgard, and we got the Ymir laughing at Connie and Ymir reading the Herring can scenes. Thank goodness! The anime perfectly adapted those scenes from the manga as well.

Then you had Reiner, Bertolt, Ymir, Krista, and Connie having to fight off one Titan that broke into the castle. Quite the action we got there!

And when Reiner had that flashback just as the Titan's arm was about to swoop on him, I couldn't help but notice something...

Notice her teeth become sharper and more fang-like. In the manga's, Ymir's initial Titan didn't have those fang-like teeth before eating Reiner's friend, so it seems like this was another change on the anime's part... to indicate what kind of Titan power she received.

I guess this confirms the sharpened teeth and added claws are Ymir's special Titan powers that set her apart from other Titans.

And damn, Beast Titan picking up chunks of the wall and throwing it with perfect accuracy to kill the horses and the two Survey Corps soldiers. This thing really is a beast!

That scene with Ymir and Krista towards the end of the episode was beautiful. Again, it was perfectly true to the manga.

THAT was so epic! What a way to end the episode! I can't wait to see her wreck havoc on those Titans next week. That flashback will also prove why she's such a great character, and it is there the roots of Krista's character development will begin.

Notice how the bones and muscle tissue travel in a straight line as she descends. I think it is definitely related to those "paths" that connect all the Eldians and can supply everything a Titan Shifter needs when transforming.

I can't think which one is the best, though C-R-O-W-N-E-D, literally everything involved with Robobot's final boss, Drawcia's theme, Zero, Zero 2, and many many more are simply better imo. Only time I didn't like a boss theme in Kirby was Mass Attack. Necrodeus' theme's too lackluster, and Drawcia Soul's underwhelming when compared to what was before it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Nanaba though...

I thought nanaba was a dude

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If any of you guys are Sonic fans and are also interested in what goes into the development of 3D models, you might like this. It runs down the main 3D models for Sonic over the years and analyses them and how they're constructed.

He also did a Mario one before. I play around with 3D models of my favourite characters a lot myself (*coughmostlyRosalinacough*) so this series is pretty cool and unique to me.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Most of the Pilotwings cast had tied, but I went with Shirley since an instructor would be unique. You may like this @lady_sky skipper

Next up are Nintendo IP's that debuted on the DS, which is challenge since most happen to be visual novels and casual simulators. Your choices are Professor Kawashima (Brain Age), Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk 315), Ashley Robbins from Trace Memory (tagging @Thatkidwiththeafro), and a Nintendog. I hope no PETA member sees this and calls me a supporter of animal abuse.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now I'm ready to dig in Red Lobster Birthday Meal. Shrimp is love and life.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I can't think which one is the best, though C-R-O-W-N-E-D, literally everything involved with Robobot's final boss, Drawcia's theme, Zero, Zero 2, and many many more are simply better imo. Only time I didn't like a boss theme in Kirby was Mass Attack. Necrodeus' theme's too lackluster, and Drawcia Soul's underwhelming when compared to what was before it
Most of those themes listed are ranked high in my personal favorite Kirby tracks list. CROWNED was pretty good, and so was the Robobot final boss theme (especially the first phase against Star Dream before it merges with Halmann's ship) and Drawcia's theme. Zero and Zero 2's theme are alright, though I like the Brawl remix of the latter a lot more.

CROWNED and the first phase of Robobot's final boss theme are definitely in my top 5, while Drawcia would be around the top 10. Some other Kirby tracks in my top 5 would be Moonlight Blossom and Under my Control, Haltmann's battle theme would be at 6th place, and then the generic boss theme from RtD, the Daroach theme from Squeak Squad, and the boss theme from Amazing Mirror would be the others in the remaining top 10.

My personal reason why I like Sullied Grace the most out of all the Kirby boss themes is the buildup that is present throughout the track, starting with a slow church organ and a few drums that fits the first phase pretty well, and then that epic metal guitar comes in after the minute. Combined with the previous instruments, it just blows me away. I get music chills every time I the remainder of that song, and it flows very well with the part where Sectonia forces you onto the crystal and starts zapping you with her scepters.

I thought nanaba was a dude
That's what I thought too when I first saw in her AoT, but I learned she was a girl when I looker her up on the Wiki back then. Looking at her now, her face does look rather feminine, and the same can be said about her voice, so now I can tell she's a woman.

There's another Survey Corps soldier that also looks like a dude but it is really a girl. You'll be seeing that character a few episodes from now.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Most of the Pilotwings cast had tied, but I went with Shirley since an instructor would be unique. You may like this @lady_sky skipper

Next up are Nintendo IP's that debuted on the DS, which is challenge since most happen to be visual novels and casual simulators. Your choices are Professor Kawashima (Brain Age), Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk 315), Ashley Robbins from Trace Memory (tagging @Thatkidwiththeafro), and a Nintendog. I hope no PETA member sees this and calls me a supporter of animal abuse.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now I'm ready to dig in Red Lobster Birthday Meal. Shrimp is love and life.
The real question is who cares about PETA?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Most of those themes listed are ranked high in my personal favorite Kirby tracks list. CROWNED was pretty good, and so was the Robobot final boss theme (especially the first phase against Star Dream before it merges with Halmann's ship) and Drawcia's theme. Zero and Zero 2's theme are alright, though I like the Brawl remix of the latter a lot more.

CROWNED and the first phase of Robobot's final boss theme are definitely in my top 5, while Drawcia would be around the top 10. Some other Kirby tracks in my top 5 would be Moonlight Blossom and Under my Control, Haltmann's battle theme would be at 6th place, and then the generic boss theme from RtD, the Daroach theme from Squeak Squad, and the boss theme from Amazing Mirror would be the others in the remaining top 10.

My personal reason why I like Sullied Grace the most out of all the Kirby boss themes is the buildup that is present throughout the track, starting with a slow church organ and a few drums that fits the first phase pretty well, and then that epic metal guitar comes in after the minute. Combined with the previous instruments, it just blows me away. I get music chills every time I the remainder of that song, and it flows very well with the part where Sectonia forces you onto the crystal and starts zapping you with her scepters.

That's what I thought too when I first saw in her AoT, but I learned she was a girl when I looker her up on the Wiki back then. Looking at her now, her face does look rather feminine, and the same can be said about her voice, so now I can tell she's a woman.

There's another Survey Corps soldier that also looks like a dude but it is really a girl. You'll be seeing that character a few episodes from now.
Now that I think about it, Sullied Grace REALLY needs the visuals as the fight compliments the boss theme as Sectonia's almost ALWAYS starting Phase 2 when the guitars start coming up. It's really unique, only other boss theme in the franchise I can think of is Under My Control in which Maggy spins some energy orbs around before the fight and the music makes it sound like an ominous sound effect. Though P-R-O-G-R-A-M has a somber feel to it which is fitting of Robobot

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Implying that Smash hasn't already had animal abuse. Anthropomorphic foxes, demonic-looking turtles, and more. :p
The difference is that Nintendogs happen to be realistic and act like real puppies too.

If they flipped out over cow milking, they would definitely be triggered by Bowser Flying Slamming a puppy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hugs make more sense when Meta Knight is involved, as the manuals said that Kirby was sharing food.
Meaning he vomits some out for the others
I know it's officially that he's "sharing his food", but I refuse to accept it because it's less adorable and yeah, regurgitation implications.

Plus it ruins a joke my friend and my brother had when we played co-op in Kirby games.

Whenever one of us was low on health and the other got a health pick up, we'd yell "QUICK, GIMME A KISS".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The difference is that Nintendogs happen to be realistic and act like real puppies too.

If they flipped out over cow milking, they would definitely be triggered by Bowser Flying Slamming a puppy.
Duck Hunt says hi!

Then again, everyone always wanted to beat up that annoying troll.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know it's officially that he's "sharing his food", but I refuse to accept it because it's less adorable and yeah, regurgitation implications.

Plus it ruins a joke my friend and my brother had when we played co-op in Kirby games.

Whenever one of us was low on health and the other got a health pick up, we'd yell "QUICK, GIMME A KISS".
I keep it as regurgitating as Kirby is one of the most surprisingly ****ed up franchises period. Zero having a bloody explosion before ripping it's own eye out in a last ditch effort to kill you, constantly shooting sharp shards into a bleeding eye, Robobot's tragic villain, Drawcia Soul's defeat looked pretty off, etc

Also @Mandela and @praline halp I'm watching Sailor Moon Crystal and I'm enjoying it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just realized the next best Capcom VS whatever game
TOEI. That'd be successful because of Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon alone. Tiger Mask and Cyborg 009 would be popular too along with a **** ton of other stuff they have
alsotheyhavekamenriderwhichmeansgenmandweskerzombieteam

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I keep it as regurgitating as Kirby is one of the most surprisingly ****ed up franchises period. Zero having a bloody explosion before ripping it's own eye out in a last ditch effort to kill you, constantly shooting sharp shards into a bleeding eye, Robobot's tragic villain, Drawcia Soul's defeat looked pretty off, etc

Also @Mandela and @praline halp I'm watching Sailor Moon Crystal and I'm enjoying it
Sakurai has a lot of "fun" with his games in general, and in Kirby's case the people who picked up the job after him happen to be more than happy to keep that going and run with it.

Meteos is about preventing the mass extinction of the universe, Smash 4 slipped in Master Core, and Uprising. . .hah, Uprising. . .wooooooo, that one. Kinda surprised it only got an E10+.

And the next thing he's working on I'm gonna take a guess and say has gun combat from the one thing we know, so from the man who can make a puzzle game hardcore business there's a good chance the world is going to be served yet another round of crazy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream last night that I was a cheerleader with this long, beautiful hair.

I was still a guy though

My hair was tied up in a ponytail in the back but I had long bangs in the front and I had blonde streaks through it

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Kissing is kinda cute, but...

View attachment 128305

This is way more cool and funny.

Deelicious.
I feel wrong every time I see Kirby drawn with teeth. Pushes him into the uncanny valley for me, I guess.

Come to think of it, he can clearly swallow food without chewing it. Does he even biologically need teeth?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I had a dream last night that I was a cheerleader with this long, beautiful hair.

I was still a guy though

My hair was tied up in a ponytail in the back but I had long bangs in the front and I had blonde streaks through it
Does that mean we call you "Psycho-Chan" now?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Trophallaxis is the best part of Kirby games tru fax. ( I hate typing on an iPhone)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel wrong every time I see Kirby drawn with teeth. Pushes him into the uncanny valley for me, I guess.

Come to think of it, he can clearly swallow food without chewing it. Does he even biologically need teeth?
His stomach is another dimension and according to the anime, he HAS no teeth. In that episode he mimicked his friends brushing their teeth, but that's probably because he likes the minty flavour. Though the games had him show teeth when using Crash once iirc

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just noticed my bangs irl are as long as the were in the dream. Only difference is that my back hair isn't long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom