• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, every time someone mentions "Multiplayer Kirby action fighting game" my brain immediately goes to "Kirby Smash bros clone"

Every single time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's worth it for you then.

Not really worth a double dip if you had the Wii U version like myself and still won't really have anyone to play with, but it's totally worth it for someone like you.
I get the feeling the game was ported at least to a large extent to attract people who never bought the original in the first place.

Considering I bought it when I never even considered the original and I've seen at least a few other people on the internet speak of it being their first time buying MK8 if not their first time buying a Mario Kart for several generations, I'd say it's succeeding at least to some extent on that front. It'll be interesting to see how much.

On an unrelated note because Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, some people are baffled that it jumped six Metacritic points from it's original version, but you have to keep in mind that when Mario Kart 8 was first rated 200cc and the DLC packs didn't exist to be factored into the score. One has to keep in mind they probably gave it a rating bump for the included DLC on top of the Battle Mode and new tweaks. As a jump from the original with all DLC packs purchased it's not as much although there's still a fair bit of new content, but it is a pretty big jump from the original vanilla Mario Kart 8 in terms of content.

Mario Kart 8? Nah man. I got Sonic Racing Transformed.
Well I mean, I did too, if for the PS3.

There's no law that says you can't have both, though.

Not like Sumo's making a Switch port of that. Even if there wasn't an uncertainty of SEGA letting them have another go, they only just wrapped up Snake Pass.

Although if they DID announce a sequel for the Switch you'd definitely have my attention. :4sonic:

Honestly, every time someone mentions "Multiplayer Kirby action fighting game" my brain immediately goes to "Kirby Smash bros clone"

Every single time.
So. . .the Kirby Fighters minigame from Triple Deluxe and the eshop game based off of it?

That was basically Smash but with HP instead of KO's, way floatier mechanics, and different copy abilities instead of different characters.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I get the feeling the game was ported at least to a large extent to attract people who never bought the original in the first place.

Considering I bought it when I never even considered the original and I've seen at least a few other people on the internet speak of it being their first time buying MK8 if not their first time buying a Mario Kart for several generations, I'd say it's succeeding at least to some extent on that front. It'll be interesting to see how much.

On an unrelated note because Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, some people are baffled that it jumped six Metacritic points from it's original version, but you have to keep in mind that when Mario Kart 8 was first rated 200cc and the DLC packs didn't exist to be factored into the score. One has to keep in mind they probably gave it a rating bump for the included DLC on top of the Battle Mode and new tweaks. As a jump from the original with all DLC packs purchased it's not as much although there's still a fair bit of new content, but it is a pretty big jump from the original vanilla Mario Kart 8 in terms of content.

Well I mean, I did too, if for the PS3.

There's no law that says you can't have both, though.

Not like Sumo's making a Switch port of that. Even if there wasn't an uncertainty of SEGA letting them have another go, they only just wrapped up Snake Pass.

Although if they DID announce a sequel for the Switch you'd definitely have my attention. :4sonic:

So. . .the Kirby Fighters minigame from Triple Deluxe and the eshop game based off of it?

That was basically Smash but with HP instead of KO's, way floatier mechanics, and different copy abilities instead of different characters.
What? Man, you gotta play the PC version. 5 extra characters, and it looks gorgeous at 4K 60FPS

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Plus there is always online if you dont have people to play with. Take advantage of that free online before you see the prices set in stone
Two problems with that for me personally:

1) I don't have a Switch yet and won't get it until late May at the earliest so I can't really take advantage of the free online that much.

2) MK8 online is garbage unless you play with online friends and I don't have any who would play MK8. The one close friend I have online did get MK8 on Wii U but he barely played it and he's kinda bitter about his late Wii U purchase being invalidated so quickly so he probably ain't touching the Switch anytime soon and probably wouldn't get MK8 on it even if he did.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man, I miss the days when I could just not worry about whether a game will be worth it or not and just spend the money on it...

Not having money sucks...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Two problems with that for me personally:

1) I don't have a Switch yet and won't get it until late May at the earliest so I can't really take advantage of the free online that much.

2) MK8 online is garbage unless you play with online friends and I don't have any who would play MK8. The one close friend I have online did get MK8 on Wii U but he barely played it and he's kinda bitter about his late Wii U purchase being invalidated so quickly so he probably ain't touching the Switch anytime soon and probably wouldn't get MK8 on it even if he did.
Online isnt garbo tho. Its really good and fun. Ive had some good races online.In fact, Its all I did. I didnt have many people to play with so I just played with Randos

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Gamespot uploaded 10 minutes of the English copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. It mainly shows some more dialogue of the battles, but we also get some story dialogue where Alm first walks into the Deliverance Hideout.

Python has a good voice.

And Silque's dubbed voice is not high-pitched compared to the Japanese version, but compared to Felicia's dubbed voice when we first heard it, Silque's dubbed voice leaves a much better first impression.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Online isnt garbo tho. Its really good and fun. Ive had some good races online
It comes down to personal taste. It's garbage in my eyes, in terms of what I view Mario Kart as being about.

To me, Mario Kart isn't a serious competitive game where I want to prove my skill. Ironically, the most competitive aspect of Mario Kart to me is the Time Trial mode, where there's no interference from other players or random items, and it's just pure skill with handling the vehicle.

Otherwise, Mario Kart is not fun in single-player. It's just a luck-based game with the item system and the horrible rubber banding. I still love that the Sonic & SEGA Racing games make rubber banding an actual option you can toggle on and off in the options menu, it's genius, and one of the many reasons I can easily argue those games are just as good, if not better, than Mario Kart.

Online play against randoms removes the rubber banding obviously, but the items are still frustrating (and Mario Kart 8 had an ESPECIALLY frustrating item system). However, I don't find the items frustrating when playing with friends, because I can actually communicate with them and I can laugh and joke around about the game with them. Sometimes my friends wouldn't even race when we played, we'd just mess around on the tracks, like getting in some slick drifting lines.

When you play online with randoms though, you lose that social experience, and you may as well be playing against the CPU. Which gets old fast, and due to the item system, the game begins to legitimately make me feel angry when I'm doing perfectly well in a race, yet the item RNG decides to screw me over right at the last stretch. That's funny with friends when I'm playing casually and can laugh about it, but not when I'm on my own and I'm just trying to put up a good race.

And then you realise...you don't ACTUALLY get anything if you do well online in Mario Kart anyway. An arbitrary number goes up and that's it (people called it your "VR" but I don't even know what that stands for). No unlockables - even icons for a profile picture or something would be enough. Like placing 1st 100 hundred times online with a particular character unlocks a specially drawn/rendered profile icon for that character, or it unlocks a menu theme based on them, or something - nothing to upgrade or level up, and to be quite honest, Mario Kart doesn't have an extremely high skill ceiling outside of Time Trials so your growth as a player stagnates pretty quickly, making every race feel pretty samey. Hell, even popularity contests like the Conquest mode in Smash Bros online would be better than what's here.

I have the same opinion about Smash Bros online, except the online infrastructure of those games is legitimately terrible to the point the game can actually be unplayable and overall it stagnated my growth as a player (which is why I don't play much Smash these days).

I might have been more inclined if MK8 Deluxe had actual new tracks for normal races, but unfortunately it doesn't - I was honestly hoping they would effectively make this game "MK9 except we built it off MK8 so you get all the old stuff too" (even if it were through updates, but it doesn't look like they're doing that), kinda like how Square Enix handled the Dissidia sequel. Proper Battle Mode is a great addition and they have made some nice QoL changes to the game but ultimately, most of my time will still be in the same tracks I can already play on my Wii U.

So unless you have friends to play with or you actually do enjoy trying to "compete" online with randoms, I don't see any reason to double dip on MK8 if you have it on Wii U. It's fine if you want it, but I think Mario Kart is fundamentally flawed as a "play against randoms online" kind of game.

I might consider it at a lower price, and if Nintendo actually makes that video sharing feature a reality on the Switch (I have my doubts they will). Or if it turns out a lot of people I know want to play it with me and want to do so for more than one week before selling the game. As of right now, it's a hard sell for me, personally.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
OMIGOSH so since Karen of Nintendo launched her insta I found out she goes to the same school as me! #ubc

Time to pretend I'll put any effort into stalking her but actually make no effort and hope one day we just run into each other on campus and I have one of the more embarrassing fangirl moments of my life because let's be honest she didn't do much of note but still omg can you imagine

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gamespot uploaded 10 minutes of the English copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. It mainly shows some more dialogue of the battles, but we also get some story dialogue where Alm first walks into the Deliverance Hideout.

Python has a good voice.

And Silque's dubbed voice is not high-pitched compared to the Japanese version, but compared to Felicia's dubbed voice when we first heard it, Silque's dubbed voice leaves a much better first impression.
I feel like I'm one of maybe five people who really liked Felicia's voice. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I'll wait for a price drop on I Am Setsuna...I'm definitely interested in getting the game but spending nearly $50 on a relatively short RPG is a bit too much for me...I also have no idea how good it will be in terms of replay value...

Other stuff I've been considering with the $50 I bought for the Switch is still Snipperclips, Fast RMX and Zelda DLC...Thinking Snipperclips is the ideal choice since Fast RMX I'm only mildly interested in (and I'm also considering Mario Kart since it likely has a lot more to offer in terms of content) and Zelda DLC can wait...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario Kart 8 is incredible. I'm sure Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be incredible too. I just wish that there's a Mario Kart 9 game or even a Nintendo Kart game.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mario Kart 8 is incredible. I'm sure Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be incredible too. I just wish that there's a Mario Kart 9 game or even a Nintendo Kart game.
Mario Kart is slowly turning into Nintendo Kart considering all the guests.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OMIGOSH so since Karen of Nintendo launched her insta I found out she goes to the same school as me! #ubc

Time to pretend I'll put any effort into stalking her but actually make no effort and hope one day we just run into each other on campus and I have one of the more embarrassing fangirl moments of my life because let's be honest she didn't do much of note but still omg can you imagine

Apparently she posted on the NintendoKaren subreddit too, which is hilarious. Basically she's new to the industry and social media in general and then suddenly she was a meme. :p

Kind of funny, really. But hey, at least she's embraced it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel like I'm one of maybe five people who really liked Felicia's voice. :p
You clearly haven't seen the beauty that is r/WeGotTrouble. :V

Also I married Felicia in Conquest.

I don't really like any of the Conquest exclusive female characters and Felicia works hard and sticks by you no matter what, she'd be the canon wife if Azura didn't exist.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Steven Universe arc trailer got posted:

Source: http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe/episode-guide/EP01616432?desc=on

S04, E21: Doug Out 5/16/2017 Steven and Connie join Connie's father on a stake out.

S04, E22: The Good Lars 5/17/2017 Steven, Lars and Sadie get invited to a party with the Cool Kids.

S04, E23: Are You My Dad? 5/18/2017 People disappearing from Beach City, and Steven tries to solve the mystery.

S04, E24: I Am My Mom 5/19/2017 Steven struggles to fix his mistakes.
The two new characters are called Topaz and Aquamarinee and are sent to earth after Navy makes a report to the diamonds.

It looks really interested and I can't wait!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to temporarily work on the Action 52 texture pack I was planning on doing after the Mario 3 while I'm having a creative drought for the Mario 3 texture pack and I've come up with a problem

Should I fix the problems with Action 52's textures to make them more compatible with Minecraft, or should I leave them looking as crappy as the do in game?

Edit:

Example

Version 1.jpg
vs
Version 2.jpg

Edit 2:

Now my "x" and "y" key don't work.

I don't really need the "y" key except when messaging people but I DO need "x" for cutting

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It comes down to personal taste. It's garbage in my eyes, in terms of what I view Mario Kart as being about.

To me, Mario Kart isn't a serious competitive game where I want to prove my skill. Ironically, the most competitive aspect of Mario Kart to me is the Time Trial mode, where there's no interference from other players or random items, and it's just pure skill with handling the vehicle.

Otherwise, Mario Kart is not fun in single-player. It's just a luck-based game with the item system and the horrible rubber banding. I still love that the Sonic & SEGA Racing games make rubber banding an actual option you can toggle on and off in the options menu, it's genius, and one of the many reasons I can easily argue those games are just as good, if not better, than Mario Kart.

Online play against randoms removes the rubber banding obviously, but the items are still frustrating (and Mario Kart 8 had an ESPECIALLY frustrating item system). However, I don't find the items frustrating when playing with friends, because I can actually communicate with them and I can laugh and joke around about the game with them. Sometimes my friends wouldn't even race when we played, we'd just mess around on the tracks, like getting in some slick drifting lines.

When you play online with randoms though, you lose that social experience, and you may as well be playing against the CPU. Which gets old fast, and due to the item system, the game begins to legitimately make me feel angry when I'm doing perfectly well in a race, yet the item RNG decides to screw me over right at the last stretch. That's funny with friends when I'm playing casually and can laugh about it, but not when I'm on my own and I'm just trying to put up a good race.

And then you realise...you don't ACTUALLY get anything if you do well online in Mario Kart anyway. An arbitrary number goes up and that's it (people called it your "VR" but I don't even know what that stands for). No unlockables - even icons for a profile picture or something would be enough. Like placing 1st 100 hundred times online with a particular character unlocks a specially drawn/rendered profile icon for that character, or it unlocks a menu theme based on them, or something - nothing to upgrade or level up, and to be quite honest, Mario Kart doesn't have an extremely high skill ceiling outside of Time Trials so your growth as a player stagnates pretty quickly, making every race feel pretty samey. Hell, even popularity contests like the Conquest mode in Smash Bros online would be better than what's here.

I have the same opinion about Smash Bros online, except the online infrastructure of those games is legitimately terrible to the point the game can actually be unplayable and overall it stagnated my growth as a player (which is why I don't play much Smash these days).

I might have been more inclined if MK8 Deluxe had actual new tracks for normal races, but unfortunately it doesn't - I was honestly hoping they would effectively make this game "MK9 except we built it off MK8 so you get all the old stuff too" (even if it were through updates, but it doesn't look like they're doing that), kinda like how Square Enix handled the Dissidia sequel. Proper Battle Mode is a great addition and they have made some nice QoL changes to the game but ultimately, most of my time will still be in the same tracks I can already play on my Wii U.

So unless you have friends to play with or you actually do enjoy trying to "compete" online with randoms, I don't see any reason to double dip on MK8 if you have it on Wii U. It's fine if you want it, but I think Mario Kart is fundamentally flawed as a "play against randoms online" kind of game.

I might consider it at a lower price, and if Nintendo actually makes that video sharing feature a reality on the Switch (I have my doubts they will). Or if it turns out a lot of people I know want to play it with me and want to do so for more than one week before selling the game. As of right now, it's a hard sell for me, personally.
see the thing is, I dont compete as you assume. I race for fun and I think 200cc fixed that rubberbanding issue because you actually have to get good items now. I just race to race...you know? This aint Turn Left,er, Nascar
When you play online with randoms though, you lose that social experience,
Im not sure I understand because I never had this problem in online mariokart and I couldnt help but laugh at this part, mostly because I dont understand what your saying. My dad would watch me play online and he would start getting all hyped up and its pretty fun to play online so idk, im different then ya

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mario Kart is slowly turning into Nintendo Kart considering all the guests.
This is hardly a bad thing though. It allows for more creativity in locations rather than basing it off of one or two franchise's locations.

There's also the potential for items, but that's hardly been explored in any meaningful way yet.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Has anyone played a game called Xonotic? It's an open source first person shooter game using a heavily modified Quake engine (the open source release of Quake's engine) named DarkPlaces engine. I just gave its recently released new version (latest version is 0.8.2 released early this month) a go and it was pretty good. I am thinking of playing the multiplayer aspects since I don't think I have done so in its previous releases. I played the vanilla release of it.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
So, to those who have played Kirby Triple Deluxe, how did you find the Pyribbit fight?

It's like, easily my least favourite boss in the series. How can you have a such a fun boss like Coily Rattler and immediately follow with such a terrible boss?
I agree with you that it's a frustrating boss fight, even more so than Kracko, and he swoops down during the battle. Not nearly as fun as using Hypernova.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is hardly a bad thing though. It allows for more creativity in locations rather than basing it off of one or two franchise's locations.

There's also the potential for items, but that's hardly been explored in any meaningful way yet.
Indeed it is not. Nintendo has a lot of source material to draw from as far as items and backdrops go.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Basically, part of his theme comes from another track in the Mystery Dungeon series, and the title of that track relates to an important characteristic to Gladion.

Talk about some deep meaning! I was blown away when I first learned this.
Well, it's a pretty interesting thing to know, but I wasn't that mind blown since they adapt it from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, so it's not that for fetched.
Nevertheless, Gladion's Battle is still my favorite soundtrack in Pokemon Sun & Moon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Some people think the hottest Nintendo character is, like, Fire Emblem trash or something

These people are wrong:

Holy Bowser, this look so wrong without Waluigi nose. Please, someone give him a new one or something.:gw:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some people think the hottest Nintendo character is, like, Fire Emblem trash or something

These people are wrong:

I really don't want to know what Waluigi is doing to make those faces

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey, so I'm back in front of my comp proper again.

Time to respond to all the crap I didn't want to type out on my phone.

Over a half-dozen pages to go through. Pack a lunch, we're going on a ride.

I still can't believe that there is a boxer named Pizza Pasta.

That's like calling a Chinese boxer Ramen. Oh wait....
I believe it.

And if I hadn't just eaten, I'd be pretty hungry.

WE DID IT BOYS AND GIRLS

I finally got an Amber Mosquito in Terraria!

Always wanted the pet dino. These fossil blocks are totally an amazing addition, they're all over the place under there and they triple the chances of getting the best item while also providing unique ore.

. . .*squeeeeee* He's so cute!

Apparently you can equip dye on pets? Wonder how he'd look in Reflective Gold? *equips*
...I admit it.

This is adorable.

Now let me get this update out before you sic that dino on me.

Took a bit, but I was successful in getting a Reaver Shark. Had to improvise a floating platform in the middle of the night to keep the zombies off while I did it. And you're familiar with the other perks - been downing plates of sushimi on the regular ever since, and almost got enough platinum to get a Diamond Staff together.

Managed to get my first slime rain, but it got effectively cut short by the blood moon that evening - still had slimes coming after me, but not enough to hit the 150 mark. The blood moon itself was a bit of a fracas, since I'm still lacking in base defenses, but it turns out I was all the defense I technically need. Sadly, no trough, but there's always next time, now that I've proven I can survive it.

Spelunking potions are coming pretty quick now, so there's been a lot of cavern exploration. Eye of Cthulhu decided to pop up in the middle of it, and I went a round with it. Didn't win, but managed to get it down to second phase with basically no arena or prep. With all this newfound confidence I decided to try my luck at Skeletron again. And hey, did better! Got in a whole three shots before being gibbed. I think that's almost enough to just piss him off, which probably explains the subsequent murder.

As such I figured it was time to move on from the gold armor at last. Efforts to raid hell have so far resulted in me losing an exorbitant amount of money - though I've gained a fashionably horrifying obsidian bed and just enough hellstone to make the devil's own paperweight - but choosing between a working hellevator and a tussle with the Brain that I probably won't win for ****tier gear doesn't require much thought.

The biggest problem has been an unsafe drop zone, as my hellevator broke ground just over a lava pit in a wide open area. And since water and the Underworld don't like to mix, and lava gear hasn't turned up through my explorations, I'm taking a third option -

upload_2017-4-22_2-51-10.png

- and installing a drain.

Side note, I also learned a valuable lesson about indoor dynamite safety.

As in, there is no such thing as indoor dynamite safety, and I have to rebuild the Painter's house now.

So even when he is considered really nerfed, Fox is still a good character in every Smash game. Along with Pikachu)
Melee would like to have a word with you.

We ain't all Axe you know.

How To Make People Interested In Nearly Anything 101:
Step 1: Mention porn
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit
Fixed.

Man, when you begin a drawning that start good but then you end up making it worse and worse as you try your best.
View attachment 128279
You just ask yourself why you even try.
The most important lesson I ever learned with all my avi edits is to not give a damn what anyone else thinks of them -

avi_princess.png

- so long as I had fun with it.

At least it could be it's own silly thing if it had it's own name.
Not much new to add to this one from my previous thoughts.

Just a request that it die a swift death and not tarnish the original too badly.

Apart from Jimmy Neutron, the Madagascar spinoffs and that french DK series that originated the Expand Dong meme there's another memorable CGI series?
All been covered by now, just wanted to thank people for reminding me of Reboot, Beast Wars, and Code Lyoko respectively. Good times.

Game History found a bunch screenshots from the original version of Rayman 2, which was 2D like the original. A couple of them we've seen, but there's a lot more new ones.
https://gamehistory.org/gallery/rayman-2-2d-version-preview-art/
See, somehow I always had it in my head that the original Rayman was also 3D, his name was a pun on ray tracing, and he didn't have limbs in order to make animating him easier.

In retrospect, no idea where most of that came from, but with the exception of perhaps the last point it's all clearly incorrect.

My brain is a many-splendored thing. And this is why I try to source my ****.

Bright side, now that I know what the original Rayman entailed, I can find enough motivation to hunt it down and play it.

Go ahead and shower me with all the hate for having an opinion.
Well, since you insist.

Hold still, here comes the salt.

I haven't seen Yoi and don't have a horse in the race, but ask and ye shall receive.

Original doesn't mean better. Look at Star Wars. Yeah, Force Awakens wasn't that original, but if you think the prequel which are original are better, you should be committed to a nuthouse
I will forever wonder how this conversation would be altered if they'd outed Jar Jar as a Dark Side Force user instead of a dunce.

because if you have 3 balls, something very very wrong happend in the womb

that or you are an ayy lmao Alien
Let me lay it on the line, he had two on the vine.

I mean two sets of testicles, so divine.

It's stuck in your head right now, you're welcome.

Not having money sucks...
Preach.

Bright side, credit card just dipped below $1500. This time last year, it was at its cap of $10k. We've come far.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

But Red; you forgot to respond to me after all those other responses! :p

Speaking of which... when I click on your name in here sometimes, you temporarily break the dark background somewhat. Your constantly changing avatars are clearly too much for the website to handle, I imagine. ;)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I believe it.

And if I hadn't just eaten, I'd be pretty hungry.

...I admit it.

This is adorable.

Now let me get this update out before you sic that dino on me.

Took a bit, but I was successful in getting a Reaver Shark. Had to improvise a floating platform in the middle of the night to keep the zombies off while I did it. And you're familiar with the other perks - been downing plates of sushimi on the regular ever since, and almost got enough platinum to get a Diamond Staff together.

Managed to get my first slime rain, but it got effectively cut short by the blood moon that evening - still had slimes coming after me, but not enough to hit the 150 mark. The blood moon itself was a bit of a fracas, since I'm still lacking in base defenses, but it turns out I was all the defense I technically need. Sadly, no trough, but there's always next time, now that I've proven I can survive it.

Spelunking potions are coming pretty quick now, so there's been a lot of cavern exploration. Eye of Cthulhu decided to pop up in the middle of it, and I went a round with it. Didn't win, but managed to get it down to second phase with basically no arena or prep. With all this newfound confidence I decided to try my luck at Skeletron again. And hey, did better! Got in a whole three shots before being gibbed. I think that's almost enough to just piss him off, which probably explains the subsequent murder.

As such I figured it was time to move on from the gold armor at last. Efforts to raid hell have so far resulted in me losing an exorbitant amount of money - though I've gained a fashionably horrifying obsidian bed and just enough hellstone to make the devil's own paperweight - but choosing between a working hellevator and a tussle with the Brain that I probably won't win for ****tier gear doesn't require much thought.

The biggest problem has been an unsafe drop zone, as my hellevator broke ground just over a lava pit in a wide open area. And since water and the Underworld don't like to mix, and lava gear hasn't turned up through my explorations, I'm taking a third option -

View attachment 128291

- and installing a drain.

Side note, I also learned a valuable lesson about indoor dynamite safety.

As in, there is no such thing as indoor dynamite safety, and I have to rebuild the Painter's house now.

Melee would like to have a word with you.

We ain't all Axe you know.

Fixed.

The most important lesson I ever learned with all my avi edits is to not give a damn what anyone else thinks of them -

View attachment 128292

- so long as I had fun with it.

Not much new to add to this one from my previous thoughts.

Just a request that it die a swift death and not tarnish the original too badly.

All been covered by now, just wanted to thank people for reminding me of Reboot, Beast Wars, and Code Lyoko respectively. Good times.

See, somehow I always had it in my head that the original Rayman was also 3D, his name was a pun on ray tracing, and he didn't have limbs in order to make animating him easier.

In retrospect, no idea where most of that came from, but with the exception of perhaps the last point it's all clearly incorrect.

My brain is a many-splendored thing. And this is why I try to source my ****.

Bright side, now that I know what the original Rayman entailed, I can find enough motivation to hunt it down and play it.

Well, since you insist.

Hold still, here comes the salt.

I haven't seen Yoi and don't have a horse in the race, but ask and ye shall receive.

I will forever wonder how this conversation would be altered if they'd outed Jar Jar as a Dark Side Force user instead of a dunce.

Let me lay it on the line, he had two on the vine.

I mean two sets of testicles, so divine.

It's stuck in your head right now, you're welcome.

Preach.

Bright side, credit card just dipped below $1500. This time last year, it was at its cap of $10k. We've come far.
He is 9th on the Tier List. Sure not everyone is Axe but he is considered a good character by the Tier List, so there is that.

And thanks for the advice.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
upload_2017-4-22_4-38-2.png

Yeah.

Yeah it's my time of night alright.

But Red; you forgot to respond to me after all those other responses! :p
Er.

Don't have a quote, did I miss a reference?

Speaking of which... when I click on your name in here sometimes, you temporarily break the dark background somewhat. Your constantly changing avatars are clearly too much for the website to handle, I imagine. ;)
Wouldn't be the first time I was too gorgeous for SB to handle.

He is 9th on the Tier List. Sure not everyone is Axe but he is considered a good character by the Tier List, so there is that.

And thanks for the advice.
That's a lot higher than I thought. Shows how long it's been since I checked the tier lists.

And anytime.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Goddammit
In the Netherlands, there's been a court ruling that dictates fansubbing of media should be illegal. Hey dip****s, wanna know WHY I use fansubs at time? Because there's nothing else available, and I can't exactly support the official release if it's never been brought to my country

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I hope they bring 200cc to an actually good game
200cc is amazing, even if it's unbalanced as heck
Imagine 200cc except tracks are kinda made for it.
That'd be great
200cc is great

D

Deleted member

Goddammit
In the Netherlands, there's been a court ruling that dictates fansubbing of media should be illegal. Hey dip****s, wanna know WHY I use fansubs at time? Because there's nothing else available, and I can't exactly support the official release if it's never been brought to my country
Translator's note: dip****s means Nippon
Translator's note 2: Nippon means Japan
You have a Fire Emblem inspired avi. You have no right to argue against anime
Actually, since he has a Daisy avatar, he has no right to complain about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom