• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can kinda understand the argument of your opinion on something being soured by how much everyone else hypes up it's originality or it's quality when ultimately people only like the thing because of it's gimmick, and the actual thing is either mediocre, or it's good but not by some exceptional margin.

That's what Disney's Frozen was for me, and it's what mainline Pokémon is for me these days.

Also Splatoon manga is getting localised. Same people who are localising the Kingdom Hearts manga so I think it's in good hands.

D

Deleted member

I've spent the last two hours watching ProJared playing this soap opera teen drama that turned into something else completely
Good thing this came out during a day I had literally nothing to do because this was a good watch.
So, if any of you have the time to watch him play it or play it yourselves, please do.
And also, forgive Jared for not looking the month and year numbers
Ewwww, Keijo, yep you have the worst taste.

I'm blocking you everywhere, including existence and alternate existences, except for the ones where you think it's trash.
Well, ya can't block me on the realities where I think it's good but blocking doesn't exist, how about that?
Opinions are fun and I have one that's good.

Yuri on Ice is a subpar anime. It doesn't even know whether it wants to be a drama or a romance while tackling with the ice skating. Hell, it's obviously aiming for a female audience and throws forced fluff everywhere you go. I'm sorry, but I fail to believe this anime won awards for good animation and best couple. Nothing but something that's overhyped by fujoshi and put on a pedestal when better shows exist. I actually agree with the detractors of the show. It's not entertaining and it doesn't even break any boundaries at all when others had done it before (a male on male couple? Soooooo original).

Fact of the matter is I've dropped it after five episodes and will never touch YoI again. There, I've said it. Go ahead and shower me with all the hate for having an opinion.
I'm not gonna deny YoI has many problems: rushed plot to fit 12 episodes, all the skating scenes being animated took screentime that could have been used for developing side characters, the underveloped characters and the fall of JJ feeling forced.
But I still believe the good outweights the bad in it, unlike you, I felt they managed to balance the drama of Yuri's self esteem issues and those actually tied to his feelings for Victor as Yuri felt he'd just leave him afterwards.
Some of the side characters were given just enough characterization to make them likeable(Yurio and JJ, for example) and the music was amazing.

Also, no work is original, YoI just did it better and in a more approachable way. Being original doesn't matter when you can't execute it well and you can copy any work in existence if you manage to do it better than the otiginal

I've heard about No.6 though that doesn't matter when everyone says the anime sucks and who even reads Light Novels? It's not accessible and it sure as hell isn't praised for it either.

Also, the marriage thing, that's not an area most of these anime step into.
Not to mention I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, are you saying that gay couples have been done in fiction before, therefore they can never be done again?
Straight couples confirmed to be a more overused cliche than The Chosen One, I'm Your Father and Miscommunication Kills

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Original doesn't mean better. Look at Star Wars. Yeah, Force Awakens wasn't that original, but if you think the prequel which are original are better, you should be committed to a nuthouse

D

Deleted member

I've spent the last two hours watching ProJared playing this soap opera teen drama that turned into something else completely
Good thing this came out during a day I had literally nothing to do because this was a good watch.
So, if any of you have the time to watch him play it or play it yourselves, please do.
And also, forgive Jared for not looking the month and year numbers

Well, ya can't block me on the realities where I think it's good but blocking doesn't exist, how about that?

I'm not gonna deny YoI has many problems: rushed plot to fit 12 episodes, all the skating scenes being animated took screentime that could have been used for developing side characters, the underveloped characters and the fall of JJ feeling forced.
But I still believe the good outweights the bad in it, unlike you, I felt they managed to balance the drama of Yuri's self esteem issues and those actually tied to his feelings for Victor as Yuri felt he'd just leave him afterwards.
Some of the side characters were given just enough characterization to make them likeable(Yurio and JJ, for example) and the music was amazing.

Also, no work is original, YoI just did it better and in a more approachable way. Being original doesn't matter when you can't execute it well and you can copy any work in existence if you manage to do it better than the otiginal

I've heard about No.6 though that doesn't matter when everyone says the anime sucks and who even reads Light Novels? It's not accessible and it sure as hell isn't praised for it either.

Also, the marriage thing, that's not an area most of these anime step into.

Straight couples confirmed to be a more overused cliche than The Chosen One, I'm Your Father and Miscommunication Kills
Fine, I won't block you on every plane of existence, but only because you watch projared.

Also, this conversation actually makes me want to watch YoI.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I've mostly forgiven Konami at this point. Yes, what happened during Metal Gear Solid V was downright horrible, but I see they're trying hard starting with this Bomberman. Not only did Konami hired former Bomberman staff to work on it but they're now releasing great improvements & free content for it (plus sales are great for that game).

I understand many are still not cool with Konami but I see they want to try.
I see what you're saying. I'm just taking a more cynical approach to the gaming industry, since it seems that, with recent developments, the game industry runs on Murphy's Law, and a hype train is a ridiculously dangerous train to be on where the tracks are made of broken promises.

I think that might be the most poetic way to describe "Hype Train culture kinda sucks"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They recently paved the path near my house around a lake, so I decided to test it out with my longboard.

It was great, the path was like boarding on butter. Except that would probably suck irl.

But for some reason, there are old people around the lake now that boarding really seems to piss them off for some reason.

I think the are jealous of my gyrating hips

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, to those who have played Kirby Triple Deluxe, how did you find the Pyribbit fight?

It's like, easily my least favourite boss in the series. How can you have a such a fun boss like Coily Rattler and immediately follow with such a terrible boss?

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So, to those who have played Kirby Triple Deluxe, how did you find the Pyribbit fight?

It's like, easily my least favourite boss in the series. How can you have a such a fun boss like Coily Rattler and immediately follow with such a terrible boss?
Dude, you're speaking my language. Pyribbit was the WORST. Like, somehow literally the polar opposite of a good time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Puribbit wasn't that hard TBH.
Yeah, once you figure out that you just need to stay on top of the screen to avoid 90% of his attacks, yeah, it becomes easy.

Still, it's a terribly designed boss as he spends so much of his time in the background.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also I lost a nut while longboarding. Which isn't too bad because I have 3 more.

But I should probably get new wheels altogether, the are pretty worn

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FalKoopa FalKoopa

You already basically said it but yeah, Pyribbit is easily the worst Kirby boss ever for me. It's the only boss in the series (granted I haven't played every Kirby game) that has legit stuck out to me as being a bad time.

Like you said, he's not necessarily hard, but it feels like he was designed to slow the game down.

He's even more annoying in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe because some of the bonus objectives on his fights involve beating him as fast as possible, and of course he spends most of the fight in the background and the A.I teammates aren't always smart enough to capitalise when he's in the foreground.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Do you guys want to talk about the Kirby game that will come later this year?

It will be multiplayer and an action fighting game.
I hope it's good. Though, "Action fighting game" seems a bit redundant. My hopes for the game, since this is an anniversary title and a fighting game, there's characters from all over the franchise: Adeline, Bandana Dee, Fluff, Ribbon, Magalor, etc.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope Pyribbit isn't in it.
It will be playable.

Its special move will be jumping to the background.

I hope it's good. Though, "Action fighting game" seems a bit redundant. My hopes for the game, since this is an anniversary title and a fighting game, there's characters from all over the franchise: Adeline, Bandana Dee, Fluff, Ribbon, Magalor, etc.
I hope that too!

Wait a moment...

Triggered.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Do you guys want to talk about the Kirby game that will come later this year?

It will be multiplayer and an action fighting game.
I don't have much to say about it since we still don't really know anything about it.

I hope it still has some kind of traditional platform adventure mode, like how Brawl had Subspace Emissary.

I also hope it's not a full-on traditional fighting game and I hope it doesn't try too hard to jump on the competitive/e-sports bandwagon (I feel like ever since Smash was officially endorsed as an e-sport by Nintendo, Nintendo fans want every other multiplayer game to get the same treatment). Though with it being on the 3DS, I'm not worried about that at all.

I also kinda wonder if Team Kirby Clash Deluxe or Kirby's Blowout Blast might influence it in any way, or if they're "testing the waters" with those games. I actually would be pretty hyped to see it be a 3D arena brawler like Power Stone or Dissidia: Final Fantasy, since we don't get enough of those and it'd be a full-scale 3D Kirby game to some degree. I also wouldn't mind if it was literally just "Smash Bros but everyone is a Kirby character" (I mean that'd please all of the Bandana Dee supporters, surely he's a lock for THIS game's roster :p). I mean Smash, derived much of it's core gameplay from Kirby so that'd work out just fine.

Also I know it's a fighting game but please don't try to make everyone edgy because that's the fighting game trend. I prefer Happy Kirby.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Make Susie a playable character and I'm completely sold.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can picture the Kirby fighting game being like a top-down version of Smash in a way can have up to 4 players...the levels being similar to that of say Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (maybe not nearly as complex)...

I can't see them going for the more typical 2D styled fighting game as that sounds rather boring with just Kirby characters unless its a straight up Smash clone, but I feel like that won't be the case...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

You're not alone. I dislike Pyribbit as well. It's annoying to fight against because of how it stays in the background way too often. When it fights on the stage, the fiery pits it leaves behind only add to the frustration.

Whenever I try to improve my True Arena time with Archer Kirby, that boss always slows me down.

D

Deleted member

GameXplain uploaded a video of Luigi winning a Mario Kart race by doing one of the things he does best.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes please!

I would love to see the return of the 1990s Kirby characters like Rick, Marx, Lololo & Lalala, Nago, and Gooey.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
GameXplain uploaded a video of Luigi winning a Mario Kart race by doing one of the things he does best.

Luigi is my spirit animal.

On an off note, I wonder if MK8 deluxe is worth getting. I haven't played Mario Kart since Double Dash. Or hell, any racing game for that matter, never was too into them. My Switch is feeling really empty, though...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luigi is my spirit animal.

On an off note, I wonder if MK8 deluxe is worth getting. I haven't played Mario Kart since Double Dash. Or hell, any racing game for that matter, never was too into them. My Switch is feeling really empty, though...
It's worth it for you then.

Not really worth a double dip if you had the Wii U version like myself and still won't really have anyone to play with, but it's totally worth it for someone like you.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Of all the Super Punch Out boxers, Mad Clown had won. Either this is a coincidence (because birthday) or people just want to play as a boxing clown. We can agree he's the better Italian rep than Pizza Pasta.

Because Pilotwings NES and 64 have their own separate casts, I'm splitting them both because they have enough options. For now, I'll begin with the most character centric title in the franchise, 64. Your choices are Lark (or Nester if you are a hardcore fan), Hawk (@GoldenYuiitusin), Goose, and Robin (aka Hooter because of her... "talents").

There was a problem fetching the tweet

At least this should should things once and for all who's the best option. I might tag @smashkirby, but I doubt he can do much because no Twitter account.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of all the Super Punch Out boxers, Mad Clown had won. Either this is a coincidence (because birthday) or people just want to play as a boxing clown. We can agree he's the better Italian rep than Pizza Pasta.

Because Pilotwings NES and 64 have their own separate casts, I'm splitting them both because they have enough options. For now, I'll begin with the most character centric title in the franchise, 64. Your choices are Lark (or Nester if you are a hardcore fan), Hawk (@GoldenYuiitusin), Goose, and Robin (aka Hooter because of her... "talents").

There was a problem fetching the tweet

At least this should should things once and for all who's the best option. I might tag @smashkirby, but I doubt he can do much because no Twitter account.
How to spot a Nintendo 64 noob in one poll.

Dis gun b gud.

Inb4 Robin wins because she's THICC.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's worth it for you then.

Not really worth a double dip if you had the Wii U version like myself and still won't really have anyone to play with, but it's totally worth it for someone like you.
i had it on wiiu and you bet your buns im buying the switch game. Considering the hours I put into the wii u game, the switch game will be just the same. Plus there is always online if you dont have people to play with. Take advantage of that free online before you see the prices set in stone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom