• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of that Kirby game, I played it a bit
Why is it that the Sword Hero is so ****ing useless? It doesn't deal as much damage as Hammer and the shield isn't even worth it because attacks are easy to dodge(unless you're a CPU)
Kedic is only useful if you use Sword Hero because it needs to be in the enemy's face to even deal damage.
Prolly gonna try the all Mage team later.
Just wish this thing had online multiplayer, would make it so much better
Dude, the attacks get pretty damn hectic later which makes the shield pretty useful, and Hammer's slow as hell, so Sword's the second strongest class but pretty damn fast, meaning you can easily grab/share food quickly

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
WE DID IT BOYS AND GIRLS

I finally got an Amber Mosquito in Terraria!

Always wanted the pet dino. These fossil blocks are totally an amazing addition, they're all over the place under there and they triple the chances of getting the best item while also providing unique ore.

. . .*squeeeeee* He's so cute!

Apparently you can equip dye on pets? Wonder how he'd look in Reflective Gold? *equips*

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have a question for like the seven user that are here at the time I am reading this. Is getting Guilty Gear Xrd - REVELATOR on PS3 is good enough? Because I don't have a PS4 and my PC would probably not handle the game well, so, should I get it on the PSN?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I did a spit take when I saw the most recent tier list. Especially because of how high Lucina was
Why?

Lucina is just slightly worse Marth. Many top players put them in the same slot on their tier lists.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I see a lot of players talk about Lucina being the better matchup against some of the Top tier characters than Marth simply because she can more consistently kill instead of relying on perfect spacing...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I have a question for like the seven user that are here at the time I am reading this. Is getting Guilty Gear Xrd - REVELATOR on PS3 is good enough? Because I don't have a PS4 and my PC would probably not handle the game well, so, should I get it on the PSN?
The ps3 version will do the job just fine. You can also play with PS4 players too. If that's your only option, so be it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The ps3 version will do the job just fine. You can also play with PS4 players too. If that's your only option, so be it.
Thanks for the answer, now, all of my doubt are out, I'm coming Guilty Gear!...
...When I will have the PSN card to buy it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
More Marvel Infinite Information kinda sorta leaked from Gamefaqs, confirmed legit by a credible Neogaf user (SaikyoBro):

X-Men possibly not being DLC characters is the biggest takeaway from this, but the game will have to be dealyed at that point...

Other than that, I'm loving the look of the Marvel side of the roster. Songbird, Venom and Ms Marvel are good choices with Strider Hiryu and Captain Commando and Rathalos on the Capcom side. Kind of if-y on the whole generic Monster Hunter thing.

GnG getting a rep is also good news.

Sources:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/202465-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite/75254671?page=1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234369083&postcount=7276
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234370437&postcount=7296
did you just say Hunter and Rathalos? Ok, i dont even play the game and im happy

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Marvel side of the Infinite roster is looking beautiful! So many of my wanted characters were on that list...Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel, Groot being alongside Rocket...

At this point I'm satisfied, though I'd still love to see Scarlet Witch and Star-Lord.

Also it's hilarious to see some people calling it fake because of the fact that "Ms. Marvel was already confirmed," completely ignoring the fact that Carol has been going by Captain Marvel for years now and the fact that Kamala exists.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I woke up just in time to see Mr. Sandman win. Too fitting and not because he's a champion in Punch Out Wii. Von Kauser and Don Flamenco were close, poor Bear Hugger though.

Next are the last couple Wii characters with a few old Super Punch Out favorites. Your choices are Narcis Prince (@Thatkidwiththeafro), Pizza Pasta, Aran Ryan, and Disco Kid.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Placing my bets for the cheating Irish boxer we all love to hate.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still can't believe that there is a boxer named Pizza Pasta.

That's like calling a Chinese boxer Ramen. Oh wait....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I woke up just in time to see Mr. Sandman win. Too fitting and not because he's a champion in Punch Out Wii. Von Kauser and Don Flamenco were close, poor Bear Hugger though.

Next are the last couple Wii characters with a few old Super Punch Out favorites. Your choices are Narcis Prince (@Thatkidwiththeafro), Pizza Pasta, Aran Ryan, and Disco Kid.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Placing my bets for the cheating Irish boxer we all love to hate.
Aran Ryan is going to (fittingly) curb stomp. He's going against two boxers that weren't in the NES or Wii versions (the ones with the more known and liked characters) and one of the two new boxers for Wii, of which his popularity dwarfs.

Although funnily enough, both of the new boxers introduced in the Wii version have DK as their initials.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
going back to(the past) marvel infinite i say we cut zero and put in protoman

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just quickly bringing up Marvel Infinite again, for the sake of organization, this is what the roster looks like so far with the credible leak included. Keep in mind that the leaker doesn't know every character in the game.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commando
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Pretty solid roster imo. No bad choices from either side.
Assuming Hulk/Thor/Chun-Li are all in this would be pretty solid for no X-Men/Doom. Would definitely be curious to see what they could do with Ant-Man if true.

Why?

Lucina is just slightly worse Marth. Many top players put them in the same slot on their tier lists.
Half of those who voted for her placed her within 1-2 characters next to Marth, the other half had her within the Top ~25 (I was in the latter). Looking back at the actual votes, her current spot is literally a 50/50 compromise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, when you begin a drawning that start good but then you end up making it worse and worse as you try your best.
f6eB33u.png

You just ask yourself why you even try.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*insert anime reason of journeying to try find that answer here*
No, not even anime can help my poor drawning skill.
Tough, I haven't drawned since a long time, so maybe I should not be so hard on myself, but who know?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man, when you begin a drawning that start good but then you end up making it worse and worse as you try your best.
View attachment 128279
You just ask yourself why you even try.
Focus less on it looking good and focus more on just drawing...

It helps if you try to take pride out of it as you end up getting too scared of screwing up...

If you screw something up, fix it, keep going until you're satisfied with it...if you really find its not working out, don't be afraid to scrap everything and start over...sometimes your second attempt will end up better because you free yourself from the stress of the first...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've got an issue with one of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe's boss themes. It's a pretty mid-late game boss
Taranza. I'm glad we get to fight him as I feel like we missed out a fun fight, but why did they have to use Dedede's theme for him instead of something original? Hell, even Sectonia's themes would have been better

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Focus less on it looking good and focus more on just drawing...

It helps if you try to take pride out of it as you end up getting too scared of screwing up...

If you screw something up, fix it, keep going until you're satisfied with it...if you really find its not working out, don't be afraid to scrap everything and start over...sometimes your second attempt will end up better because you free yourself from the stress of the first...
Thanks for the advice.
I think I stress so much because I want to show off my character and in that, make them each of them unique and different from each other. But my skill doesn't allow to me to that for most of them. Some of the character are pretty cute, other are pretty intimidating. And my drawning have alot of problem when it come more to the "scary" or intimidating side, since they are pretty simple and can't express much more then what I can do.
But, I will keep your advice in my head, thank you again for the support.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow, the update for Super Bomberman R made the game MUCH more enjoyable! Thanks Konami!

And they aren't even done with adding more content.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thanks for the advice.
I think I stress so much because I want to show off my character and in that, make them each of them unique and different from each other. But my skill doesn't allow to me to that for most of them. Some of the character are pretty cute, other are pretty intimidating. And my drawning have alot of problem when it come more to the "scary" or intimidating side, since they are pretty simple and can't express much more then what I can do.
But, I will keep your advice in my head, thank you again for the support.
If there's a specific 'thing' that you struggle with don't be afraid to look up references for it...

When it comes to concept art and 'design' in general, you want to build a good 'visual library' which is essentially just knowing how things look and interact within the world, which means you want to study what you're drawing...

Ironically I have an easier time drawing scary things than cute things which is mainly due to scary things being uglier in general making any faults in my paintings and drawings harder to notice because it looks intentional...lol

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Today is the one year anniversary of Prince's passing and it's still hard for me to believe he's gone. I remember trying to hold back tears during class when the news broke out that day. If you have not, take the time to listen to an album or two today. My personal recommendation would be Sign O The Times but they're all great. Luckily, a large part of his catalog is now on Spotify, so it's readily available.

A new posthumous single, Deliverance, is out now. It's a great track and I hope the legal mess with his estate gets settled soon enough so the rest of the planned EP gets out there.

EDIT: Looks like a found the full EP leaked online. Time to take a listen then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've got an issue with one of Team Kirby Clash Deluxe's boss themes. It's a pretty mid-late game boss
Taranza. I'm glad we get to fight him as I feel like we missed out a fun fight, but why did they have to use Dedede's theme for him instead of something original? Hell, even Sectonia's themes would have been better
Actually, that's probably a gag of some sort because penguins are actually very closely related to spiders in terms of DNA
Source: http://www.biologynews.net/archives/2016/01/04/spider_and_penguin_dna_similarities.html
Today I learned that my manager has the same birthday as me and my twin (tomorrow).

Small world...
My father, my best friend's younger brother and cousin and a friend of mine all share the same birthday
And I also have another friend whose birthday the day before

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually, that's probably a gag of some sort because penguins are actually very closely related to spiders in terms of DNA
Source: http://www.biologynews.net/archives/2016/01/04/spider_and_penguin_dna_similarities.html

My father, my best friend's younger brother and cousin and a friend of mine all share the same birthday
And I also have another friend whose birthday the day before
Before I was about to click it, I called bull****.
Then I opened the spoiler tag first
Now I'm considering clicking the link because I genuinely enjoy that song

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I spent the last 2 or 3 days playing Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross like a madman. Saved up enough jewels to mercy pull KH1 Illustrated Kairi. And got a number of other good medals along the way and was able to guilt some to increase my Nova level. I'm also really close to being caught up on the story mode.

Now to get back to working on projects since I put that on hold to get iKairi. :V

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
HUH. It looks like US Targets are about to get a ton of Mario Kart theming to tie in with Deluxe. Decorations on the shopping karts, a sheet pulled over the concrete orb outside that looks like a Mario head, a finish line and Mario Kart sound effects at the entrance.

I wonder if my local Target will be one of them. They already had Super Mario drinking cups at the restaurant in there that I remember seeing, so this isn't exactly unprecedented, but it is on a whole new level.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
A bit of an update to my last post: Just finished up the leaked Deliverance EP. It's a great collection of tracks. The title track remains the best one in the EP, in my opinion. Either, new material from Prince's vaults is always welcomed by me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Sonic Boom Fire and Ice worth playing?
If you can get it at a discount (around €20/$20), then yes.

It's actually a very good game but it's a bit on the short and easy side so I don't think it was worth full price (like I paid for it).

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So uh

Anyone else remember the old Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon?

Man, why do made-for-TV cg cartoons look so bland? I know it's probably more efficient to make cartoons this way, but it could stand to look a little less generic.

The Jackie Chan Adventures always felt like a pretty underappreciated show. I definitely enjoyed when it aired, especially the segments where the real Jackie was interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom