• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw Kong, skull island. And I liked it

Though, IMO, it was written more like a game or something

Also I liked the teaser at the end for Godzilla 2

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
m "" ke doesn't work

Wh did that sentence contain so man "'s"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most, if not all of the games included in the NES Classic Edition were already on the Wii and/or Wii U Virtual Console (hence the glaring lack of Contra 1, since only the MSX version of that game has ever had a VC release), so part of me expects the SNES CE to follow suit (no original Star Fox, no SNES version of Yoshi's Island, no SNES Mortal Kombat ports, etc.).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
yoshi's island would be a horrible game to leave out. It was one of my favorite SNES games

D

Deleted member

Official artwork for the new Super Bomberman R costumes inspired by other Konami properties has been revealed.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Official artwork for the new Super Bomberman R costumes inspired by other Konami properties has been revealed.

Pyramid Bomber looks amazing! I gotta update my game right now for this previous parch and try and get the new stages while I wait for this

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Nice that the game is doing well enough for this but i can't help but noticing a certain Metal Gear is absent...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nice that the game is doing well enough for this but i can't help but noticing a certain Metal Gear is absent...
Honestly, given how far expectations from Konami have dropped, just the costumes we got are pretty big of a deal.

It's nice that the company is trying to appease its older fans.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol, tonight I had this girl staring at me while I was at the bookstore and after some time she eventually walked up to me and asked where I got my shirt so she could get one for her husband

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I did it. Dozens of deaths later I completely sequence broke a ton of equipment in Terraria. Magma armor set, Fiery Greatsword, Imp Staff. Still at 100 health, still haven't beaten a boss. . . .Still kind of made of paper. Might partially be the lack of health.

So of course I decide the best place to go exploring now that it's done is in the middle of a giant antlion nest of death.

Me right now:

Ironically that boss and level was probably easier than this is. And I don't even particularly like that dungeon, that was a difficulty spike my first time doing it.

You thought constant death was over? My dear, we have only begun! *bowled over by speeding antlions*

D

Deleted member

Awesome! Double awesome because it's not the bondage Simon Belmont. lol

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Just quickly bringing up Marvel Infinite again, for the sake of organisation, this is what the roster looks like so far with the credible leak included. Keep in mind that the leaker doesn't know every character in the game.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Hunter from Monster Hunter
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Captain Marvel - Confirmed
Captain America - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Pretty solid roster imo. No bad choices from either side.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just quickly bringing up Marvel Infinite again, for the sake of organisation, this is what the roster looks like so far with the credible leak included. Keep in mind that the leaker doesn't know every character in the game.

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

Honestly the most exciting additions are the Hunter, Kamala and Ant-Man. Though Black Panther is hilarious as before MVC3 was released some guy said Ghost Rider, Black Panther and Iron Fist weren't realizable because they're just 'punchy dudes with interesting backstories'

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Isn't that exactly how you create a fighting game character though?
The guy meant they don't do anything special that makes them stick out. It's pretty ****ing clear that's ******** as 2 of the 3 characters got in UMVC3

Also played more Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. Because I only came across 3 Beam adventures today, I used an all Beam Mage team. My god, it's even more effective than all Hammers. Especially because bosses begin their second phase after a certain amount of damage is dealt. This only triggers after time moves again meaning you could theoretically knock them down a lot before they actually begin the second phase. Combine that with an almost guaranteed Time Stop after every Team Meteor....

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Honestly the most exciting additions are the Hunter, Kamala and Ant-Man. Though Black Panther is hilarious as before MVC3 was released some guy said Ghost Rider, Black Panther and Iron Fist weren't realizable because they're just 'punchy dudes with interesting backstories'
I agree, though Captain Commando coming back would be a big plus for me. Loved playing him in MvC1.

Also, I have to wonder (assuming this is legit) how many characters we'll get in total. I'm thinking we'll get at least 32, especially considering that right now, we don't have a big bad for either Capcom (most likely Sigma or Sigma + Ultron fusion) or Marvel (probably Thanos) confirmed; and leaving the list at 26 is really just a weird number.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

As long as the Dante is the real one and not the poser from DmC it's good.
Monster Hunter is probably my least favourite addition there. Marvel side is solid considering the issue with X-Men and F4 characters.

Ghost Rider,
'punchy dudes with interesting backstories'
Something tells me they knew jack**** about Ghost Rider.

D

Deleted member

Capcom
Ryu - Confirmed
Mega Man X - Confirmed
Morrigan - Confirmed
Jedah
Leon Kennedy
Strider
Spencer
Captain Commendo
GnG Rep
Dante
Frank West

Marvel
Iron Man - Confirmed
Rocket Racoon & Groot
Dr. Strange
Spider-Man
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Songbird
Ant-Man

If this turns out to be real, then I'd be pretty satisfied. Though if Chun-Li and Zero don't return, then I'd be shocked, especially for the former.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Maaaan, I just saw NeoGAF of all places get spooked by a review comment section.

. . .

<.<

>.>

*checks*

Looks like the comment section managed to rile ITSELF up, and there's a few posts hidden behind low score thresholds already. That's a, uh. . .good. . .sign.

. . .

Actually on second thought these comments are so utterly out of touch with reality that they completely fly out of orbit and cross the line twice. Some winners include games apparently stopping being good once you've played them, a guy accusing Nintendo fans of being a cult of personality for still buying Mario Kart because all cart games are the same apparently, and one of the biggest genwunners I've ever seen for a franchise I didn't even realize had them.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If this turns out to be real, then I'd be pretty satisfied. Though if Chun-Li and Zero don't return, then I'd be shocked, especially for the former.
The leaker said this is merely all they knew, and the guy wasn't sure if the Hunter was the only Monster Hunter character or if Rathalos is also playable so Chunners and Zero are definitely coming back. Though admittedly I wouldn't mind Zero getting cut. The ultimate nerf for the guy who's been nothing but top tier

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The leaker said this is merely all they knew, and the guy wasn't sure if the Hunter was the only Monster Hunter character or if Rathalos is also playable so Chunners and Zero are definitely coming back. Though admittedly I wouldn't mind Zero getting cut. The ultimate nerf for the guy who's been nothing but top tier
Oh come on, Zero doesn't earn that. He might be a top tier but the dev don't know how to nerf his strength while not making him boring. It's like how Fox is always nerfed in each game but always end up being a good character despise his problem. (Brawl is the exception, but even then, he is still a decent character and the Japanese Tier List place him 7th. So even when he is considered really nerfed, Fox is still a good character in every Smash game. Along with Pikachu)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Lets assume for a second that Sigma and Thanos are in, also assuming that the leak list is true.

That would leave room for at least 3 more characters on both Capcom and Marvel's side each so that the total character count adds up to 32.

I'd personally bet on two of those Capcom slots would go to Chun-Li and Zero, while the third would be left for another character from a dormant franchise such as Jin Satome.

As for Marvel, I'd bet on at least Hulk, Thor and the Winter Soldier/ Black Widow.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos is treated like how Darksied is in Injustice 2
Please no.

As indifferent as I may be about the guy, I find it ludicrous to imagine Infinite WON'T get him back as he's THE main villain for the entire MCU at this point
Yep. I wonder what they're going to when it comes to retooling the character. A few new moves would be nice tbh.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh come on, Zero doesn't earn that. He might be a top tier but the dev don't know how to nerf his strength while not making him boring. It's like how Fox is always nerfed in each game but always end up being a good character despise his problem. (Brawl is the exception, but even then, he is still a decent character and the Japanese Tier List place him 7th. So even when he is considered really nerfed, Fox is still a good character in every Smash game. Along with Pikachu)
Dude. I am the biggest scrub in fighting games and I found an infinite with Zero in TVC, not to mention there are people who go solo Zero in Mahvel and WIN. Granted, if they actually know what the **** they're doing I won't mind (though I'd rather have Vile)

D

Deleted member

Dude. I am the biggest scrub in fighting games and I found an infinite with Zero in TVC, not to mention there are people who go solo Zero in Mahvel and WIN. Granted, if they actually know what the **** they're doing I won't mind (though I'd rather have Vile)
Just saying, but Marvel is always gonna be a busted game by design. It rewards locking people in incredibly long combos until near death or death.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just saying, but Marvel is always gonna be a busted game by design. It rewards locking people in incredibly long combos until near death or death.
Zero's been a special case though. The only way he got nerfed was adding Vergil in UMVC3 lol. Compare that to Sentinel losing a third of his HP.
Though assists are out so that means less lock shenanigans

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4marth: has always been pretty good too

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Again, it's the dev fault for that. Zero doesn't need to be cut, he just need to be balanced by something that isn't, "make his health low but make him good in everything else" kind of way. The Glass Canon trope doesn't work with his tools. He need another weakness that could balance his massive advantage. And maybe remove his infinite. (Tough, a Marvel game without infinite is kinda like seeing Batman costume but in white instead of black, it work, but it's very strange to look at. And it remove what make Batman original outfit great to begin with. And yes, this is a very strange comparison, but I didn't have a good one in my mind on the moment. Plus, as @Kokonoe said, Marvel game always let you make combo that either kill your opponent in 1 combo or let them with a little bit of health. It's broken and that's why peoples love Mahvel. And Zero is no exception, and atleast, he is not a character that let you spam like crazy between 300 Soul Fist while Doom is spamming his missile and Super while Vergil is coming to hit you so fast that you are going to get hit for sure)
:4marth: has always been pretty good too
Yeah, but he was very bad when Smash 4 was first release, he did get better tough. And it make me happy to see him from very low to now seeing as high as before. What a bishonen man.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Again, it's the dev fault for that. Zero doesn't need to be cut, he just need to be balanced by something that isn't, "make his health low but make him good in everything else" kind of way. The Glass Canon trope doesn't work with his tools. He need another weakness that could balance his massive advantage. And maybe remove his infinite. (Tough, a Marvel game without infinite is kinda like seeing Batman costume but in white instead of black, it work, but it's very strange to look at. And it remove what make Batman original outfit great to begin with. And yes, this is a very strange comparison, but I didn't have a good one in my mind on the moment. Plus, as @Kokonoe said, Marvel game always let you make combo that either kill your opponent in 1 combo or let them with a little bit of health. It's broken and that's why peoples love Mahvel. And Zero is no exception, and atleast, he is not a character that let you spam like crazy between 300 Soul Fist while Doom is spamming his missile and Super while Vergil is coming to hit you so fast that you are going to get hit for sure)

Yeah, but was very bad when Smash 4 was first release, he did get better tough. And it make me happy to see him from very low to now seeing as high as before. What a bishonen man.
I did a spit take when I saw the most recent tier list. Especially because of how high Lucina was

D

Deleted member

Zero's been a special case though. The only way he got nerfed was adding Vergil in UMVC3 lol. Compare that to Sentinel losing a third of his HP.
Though assists are out so that means less lock shenanigans
Yeah, he's really good, but no one wants to see one of their favorites leave. I get that you were just saying it cause of your preference, but yeah. It'd be better if they tone down his his worst aspects, but at the same time, Marvel is such a broken game that people actually like all the jank that comes with it.

D

Deleted member

The guy meant they don't do anything special that makes them stick out. It's pretty ****ing clear that's ******** as 2 of the 3 characters got in UMVC3

Also played more Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. Because I only came across 3 Beam adventures today, I used an all Beam Mage team. My god, it's even more effective than all Hammers. Especially because bosses begin their second phase after a certain amount of damage is dealt. This only triggers after time moves again meaning you could theoretically knock them down a lot before they actually begin the second phase. Combine that with an almost guaranteed Time Stop after every Team Meteor....
Speaking of that Kirby game, I played it a bit
Why is it that the Sword Hero is so ****ing useless? It doesn't deal as much damage as Hammer and the shield isn't even worth it because attacks are easy to dodge(unless you're a CPU)
Kedic is only useful if you use Sword Hero because it needs to be in the enemy's face to even deal damage.
Prolly gonna try the all Mage team later.
Just wish this thing had online multiplayer, would make it so much better

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Any Binding of Issac fans in the house?

This may be a thing soon:

Well I did it. Dozens of deaths later I completely sequence broke a ton of equipment in Terraria. Magma armor set, Fiery Greatsword, Imp Staff. Still at 100 health, still haven't beaten a boss. . . .Still kind of made of paper. Might partially be the lack of health.

So of course I decide the best place to go exploring now that it's done is in the middle of a giant antlion nest of death.

Me right now:

Ironically that boss and level was probably easier than this is. And I don't even particularly like that dungeon, that was a difficulty spike my first time doing it.

You thought constant death was over? My dear, we have only begun! *bowled over by speeding antlions*
You poor thing.

Good on you for the equipment though.

I'll update on my run later tonight but primarily it involves dynamiting my way through hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom