• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm listening to this podcast and this caller in is talking about his previous relationship

He gets a girl pregnant and leaves her without telling her because he'd rather be off having fun with his friends

Then she files for child support and he said "That is the action that broke the trust between us. I was so upset"

...The action that broke the trust in his mind is that she wanted child support. Not him just abandoning them to have fun with his friends

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Like you guys wouldn't eat Peanut Butter and Licorice pizza.

Chrono.

Unexpectedly early.
EDIT: Turns out Marshadow IS in the new movie after all.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, Pokemon just announced Marshadow's existence on Twitter.

. . .

Well now they're out of event Pokemon for this gen, LOL.

I just remembered how few Mythicals there actually are with Gen 7. Considering Pokemon likes to stretch their event Pokemon all the way across a gen, I feel like this might potentially be another sign Gen 8 is happening next year. I can see them milking Marshadow a bit, maybe releasing a third version of Sun and Moon, but after that I'm pretty sure they're going in with the Switch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

. . .

I just remembered how few Mythicals there actually are with Gen 7. Considering Pokemon likes to stretch their event Pokemon all the way across a gen, I feel like this might potentially be another sign Gen 8 is happening next year. I can see them milking Marshadow a bit, maybe releasing a third version of Sun and Moon, but after that I'm pretty sure they're going in with the Switch.
I kind of feel pokemon is going to have less pokemon each gen from now on but fewer years between gen

Chrono.

Ok so this is definitely NOT just a retelling of Indigo League.

I'm guessing it's an AU altogether.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

It's infinite universe theory time wooooooooo

Wonder who the new companions and rival are?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

. . .

Nah, I'm betting they just go straight to Gen 8 next year on the Switch. Or maybe a Diamond/Pearl remake

$20 says this gets a American theaterical release and milks the hell of nostalgia for Pokemon

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Unexpectedly early.
EDIT: Turns out Marshadow IS in the new movie after all.
Ho-Oh: "Finally Im the star in a movie"
Marshadow: "lol"

You interrupted my slumber. This pile of cash is too comfy.
Plz share money so I can use Emburemboards. /s

Im just happy Incineroar is getting some love in the movie.
Ho-Oh: "Finally Im the star in a movie"
Marshadow: "lol"

Plz share money so I can use Emburemboards. /s
Watch, they'll give you Premium but then use their admin powers to make emblemboards inaccessible AND make your avi *insert your least favorite FE character here*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nah, I'm betting they just go straight to Gen 8 next year on the Switch. Or maybe a Diamond/Pearl remake

$20 says this gets a American theaterical release and milks the hell of nostalgia for Pokemon
That's why I said maybe, without anything left to reveal I'm not sure anymore even though there's some spots/unused content in Sun/Moon that look like they were set aside.

Either way it ends in Pokemon next year, though, LOL. Seems like that's how the dominoes are lining up.

Diamond and Pearl are most likely on their minds, but I think they'll test it out with a new Gen first since they ran out of new Mythicals and they'll most likely want to start fresh on a new system. Which I welcome, because that means when my personal bit of nostalgia hits the Switch they'll have had a bit of practice with the system.

Someday I'm gonna relive my first Nintendo experience on the Switch and it's gonna be freakin' sweet.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Piplup included for no reason.

Sinnoh confirmed.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm going to be at this for a while, I fear.
Ooooor.

I could begin the Nicepants run, get a decent amount of sleep, go out with my family for fish, and regret nothing.

Never lose sight of what's important, y'all.

By which I mean Mike Linnig's Seafood Plate. That **** is delicious.

What about shirts? Are shirts okay?
Shirts and headwear are acceptable during the Nicepants run.

But the only thing legal below the belt is those Hyrulean Hanes.

Somewhere in here there's a joke about legal below the belt.

Me during next week:

Me when I get my paycheck next week after all those hours
Tonight I'm finishing up a 73-hour work week.

I know these feels.

Chrono.

So the girl that has Piplup is called Makoto, the boy is called Souji and his main partner is Lucario and the rival kid with Incineroar is called Cross. [Black Tar intensifies]

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man, just been talking with one of my art buddies I haven't spoken with in a while (Dude's a sick creature designer btw) and I just got that rush of nostalgia from back in the day having those sleepless nights just painting things, and reminiscing about how far I've gone over the years...

Then I just stopped...

I really need to get back on track...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly I think most pizzas would ick me out more than a pineapple topping.

Pineapples are probably the one topping not found on my standard preference of pepperoni that I find pretty much inoffensive. I mean, I wouldn't go out of my way for it when I can get the balanced flavor of pepperoni pizza, but it's inoffensive. It's just pineapple with some of the flavor cooked out, it's not veggies or suspiciously non-pepperoni meat or something.

I have so many other problems I could have with a pizza aside from pineapple. There's pizzas that have been charred, pizzas with way too many herbs in the sauce, pizzas with way too much sauce in proportion to the cheese and toppings period, pizzas with blatantly cheap ingredients, pizzas utterly soaked in grease. . .

If you're going to hijack a perfectly good pizza, I'd probably be most OK with pineapples out of anything, LOL. Not even sure what this silly war is all about and why everyone seems to feel a need to take sides.

Heck, here's another idea: dessert pizza. Use sugary dough, some kind of fruit glaze or maybe apple butter or something for sauce, icing or something for cheese, then put the pineapples on top. There you go. Sounds like it might need a bit of refinement to work but then I just thought it up on the spot, LOL. I know fruit pizzas are a thing, though.
well dessert pizza exsists ,so there is that
I mean, Pizza is pizza in the end

Who cares if some british chef tell you what you eatnis wring

If you dont notice, I legit find Hating on pineapple pizza to be a meme everyone does just to do now

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the girl that has Piplup is called Makoto, the boy is called Souji and his main partner is Lucario and the rival kid with Incineroar is called Cross. [Black Tar intensifies]

You get a Lucario and YOU get a Lucario and YOU get a Lucario.

They should just cut out the middleman and give Ash a Lucario as a second consistent party member already. Give him a Lucario he can have character arcs with and let the locals fight it out for the other four party slots.

I feel like a Lucario as a main party star could actually get explored pretty well. Lots of interesting abilities to them. They aren't going to get that perspective time being handed to non-Ash characters, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've had dessert fried shrimp

It was fried shrimp with fruit and a sweet sauce

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

So, guys. how old do you think this character is?
Ohhhhhhh just by you asking that question I already know I'm being asked a trick question, haha.

So somewhere between six days old and the age of the universe. :4megaman:

. . .OK, it's probably not quite that extreme. But probably much older than they look. 20. I dunno.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ash causes horrible things in the future so Red goes back in time to kill Ash and replace him as the protag of the series
I do no such thing.
avi_redshat.png

Yet.

. . .**** man

I had like a 29 hour schedule (well, I have school to deal with too but still) but one day I actually cant work

Damn I DONT know that feel god damn.
I'm on the clock right now.

This would be a good time to remind you that, absent calls and tickets, I get paid to photoshop hats onto a pikachu.

Piplup is a cinnamon roll and the best starter. ^^
That's the weirdest way to spell Froakie I've ever seen.

So, guys. how old do you think this character is?
Twelve.

Since you are asking, I am going to guess that she is older than she looks. Or she is actually an infant.
Heyo Cyn.

How've you been.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Since you are asking, I am going to guess that she is older than she looks. Or she is actually an infant.
She is a he
and yeah, He is a full grown adult. He didnt say an age in the anime but he said "despite my apperence, I am indeed a full grown adult". Tiny lil guy with the... niceset voice, oh man

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Been better, been worse. I'm Goldilocks.

How about yourself?

I am also on the clock right now. 23 more mins to go before freedom.
Had fish, therefore doing phenomenal.

What's this freedom of which you speak.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Cyn Cyn LMAO I WAS JOKING, I PUT THE "/S" IN THAT REPLY

Thank you very much, seriously I didn't expected it, you rock.

Let's see.
camilla.PNG

brb curbstomping Cordelia

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I do no such thing.
View attachment 127737

Yet.

I'm on the clock right now.

This would be a good time to remind you that, absent calls and tickets, I get paid to photoshop hats onto a pikachu.

That's the weirdest way to spell Froakie I've ever seen.

Twelve.

Heyo Cyn.

How've you been.
IMO Froakie starts to look really appealing to me once it evolves. I guess it's kind of a frog prince so to speak, if the prince was also a Sheikah. . .I mean ninja.

Piplup starts out utterly adorable, has a little bit of an awkward teen phase (with the thrill of evolving MY first Pokemon still fresh my mind after all these years, though, so I'll always cherish it) in and then matures out into something awesome. 3D Empoleon model feels a little too skinny ATM, though, IMO, something feels off compared to the sprites. Overall Piplup has some extremely strong nostalgia fuel going but the other starters I pick tend to lean towards elegant during at least one stage most of the time as well.

But I mean, my tastes are a bit of a wildcard. I lean into the Charizard cliche on one hand, but then my favorite Gen 2 starter is Meganium.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
IMO Froakie starts to look really appealing to me once it evolves. I guess it's kind of a frog prince so to speak, if the prince was also a Sheikah. . .I mean ninja.
A good point. But Froakie is, in all fairness, adorable on his own.

Look at that face.

It's precious.

(with the thrill of evolving MY first Pokemon still fresh my mind after all these years, though, so I'll always cherish it)
Absolutely understand that, I feel the same way regarding Charmander.

First starter always holds a special place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom