• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Always female
>Gender neutral pronouns

Still, I checked the wiki and yup, she's a Witch
Japan doesn't really have he or she. Happened with Samus too
I just realised the SBG channel is nearly at 100,000 subscribers. I hope they reach it soon.
SGB are simply the best LPers imo, because they all have good chemistry with eachother

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
She was always female, but they used gender neutral pronouns and fan translations decided "Welp, Imma give that a ****"
The Japanese script for Gaiden used かれ to refer to Nuibaba, which is gender-neutral in one sense, but in practice almost always means "he". So it wasn't completely out of nowhere that the fan translation referred to Nuibaba as male. If they had meant to be gender-neutral, they would more likely have used something like あの人 instead, or just referred to them as Nuibaba everywhere and disposed of pronouns entirely (which is more common in Japanese than in English).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Them Koopalings (ESPECIALLY Larry Koopa) better get an Amiibo now.....
Would they have any use for anything outside Smash (where they'd just function like Bowser Jr.'s) like how the female Corrin is speculated to have with Echoes at the very least? No?
Then they don't need one right now.

Practicality first and foremost.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
1) They could retconnect it. It's not like Echoes isn't doing this to most of Gaiden already.

2)Again, retcon, it doesn't seem like Marth or Medeus are involved in it(I mean it as appearing during said chapter, prerty sure Grima is connected to Medeus in some way) though but it's not like they couldn't use the two considering Alm and Celica will be in Akaneia. Also, iirc, the story takes place in Regna Ferox and while I don't have any ****ing idea where Marth's kingdom is, I'm pretty sure it ain't up north.

3)Medeus and Grima ARE already connected, both are Earth Dragons who didn't go insane
Which brings me to a couple issues with those points:
General issue with the retcons: With this change, you're not just retconning Gaiden here though, you're also retconning/adding in events within Awakening's as well as potentially Marth's story, which already had some issues with their connection. Adding more on top of that, especially if haphazardly, can lead to issues when rectifying their stories, and with Grima and Awakening in general they don't need anymore unnecessary baggage then they already have.

3) That is not what I meant at all, when I say I don't want them to be connected, I don't mean by being a part of the same tribe as Loptyr already pulled that and I'm completely aware of that detail. I mean by making Grima's story an offshoot of Medeus' by either making them the same character or the like as Grima already gets complaints for being a discount Medeus/Loptyr, anything that advances his story without making it reliant on either of those dragons would be beneficial for him since then he can stand on his own two feet without being overshadowed by either.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hate those flying ****s.
Ancient Arrows are a pretty quick way through. They don't cost cores to make and if you hit them in the eye with one they die instantly. If you accidentally hit them elsewhere, just unload two more Ancient Arrows into them.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So is today one of those days you shouldn't upload a new avatar, or is it just things acting up on my end?

Tried to change mine and it just goes to nothing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You guys remember that Masked Man that was shown with Celica in one of the recent trailers?

Link to image of the Echoes Masked Man

The Echoes datamining has revealed his true identity:

He is Celica's brother, Conrad.

Here he is without the mask

I really wonder how is he going to tie into the story. I mean, I heard that Celica is supposed to be the only remaining member of the Zofia royal family left.

EDIT: Looks like the image uploader is broken right now, so I have to link the image instead.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So is today one of those days you shouldn't upload a new avatar, or is it just things acting up on my end?

Tried to change mine and it just goes to nothing.
Today is National Image Uploader Downtime Day.

D

Deleted member

Japan doesn't really have he or she. Happened with Samus too

SGB are simply the best LPers imo, because they all have good chemistry with eachother
Doesn't seem to be the case
The Japanese script for Gaiden used かれ to refer to Nuibaba, which is gender-neutral in one sense, but in practice almost always means "he". So it wasn't completely out of nowhere that the fan translation referred to Nuibaba as male. If they had meant to be gender-neutral, they would more likely have used something like あの人 instead, or just referred to them as Nuibaba everywhere and disposed of pronouns entirely (which is more common in Japanese than in English).
Yeah, so I think it's safe to assume she was male in the original
Not like it really matters anymore now that Nuibaba is canonically female and the class change from Sorcerer to Witch kinda proves Gaiden!Nuibaba was male

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wish Mario Kart Arcade GP DX would come on switch. Racing as Taiko would be so fun
this guy knows what's up

Drunk Johnny also knows what's up.

"If South Park can make the joke, why can't you?"

This was one non-sequitur of a post.

I hope that doesn't mean I've caught second-hand drunk from watching that SGB episode.

Chrono.

You guys remember that Masked Man that was shown with Celica in one of the recent trailers?

Link to image of the Echoes Masked Man

The Echoes datamining has revealed his true identity:

He is Celica's brother, Conrad.

Here he is without the mask

I really wonder how is he going to tie into the story. I mean, I heard that Celica is supposed to be the only remaining member of the Zofia royal family left.

EDIT: Looks like the image uploader is broken right now, so I have to link the image instead.
He looks mildly creepy.

Is he supposed to be a good guy?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
dont forget that SMT game that got announced also and there is also SMT on switch
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner brushing up on my Japanese some more. At my current rate of progress, I should be done 32.6 years before EO5 gets localised, and 56.8 years before it gets released over here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, good. Maybe now that it isn't clogging up Atlus' localisation team any more, they can get around to localising games I care about like Etrian Odyssey V.
Remember when they postponed the Untold II localisation because Mystery Dungeon was coming out in the US so they didn't want to release the two too close to each other?
Remember how EMD2 was just announced?
Now put those two together
Oh god, I swear if we get EMD2 first I'll riot
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner brushing up on my Japanese some more. At my current rate of progress, I should be done 32.6 years before EO5 gets localised, and 56.8 years before it gets released over here.
Look at the bright side... at least you aren't European
Or are you? I don't know tbh

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Remember when they postponed the Untold II localisation because Mystery Dungeon was coming out in the US so they didn't want to release the two too close to each other?
Remember how EMD2 was just announced?
Now put those two together
Oh god, I swear if we get EMD2 first I'll riot
Stop reminding me that thing exists, damn it

Look at the bright side... at least you aren't European
Or are you? I don't know tbh
Don't you know, waiting several months for a game that's already in English to get released over here in, er, English, is the best part.

I think I'll just import in future. Not bothered about missing out on any possible DLC, really.

Last edited:
Lol avatars.
I wish they would give me more ingo on the SMT switch game and also Project Octopath. Im very excited to hear about them
I would be shocked if Octopath wasnt at E3, if just as a side thing after showing up at the switch event. SMT will probably be main stage

E3 is where all the magic is going to happen. I guarantee it.
Way too long for me to wait for Octopath

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
makes sense that they are paying more attintion to SMT, it is its 25th anniversary

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wish they would give me more ingo on the SMT switch game and also Project Octopath. Im very excited to hear about them

Did someone say Ingo?

In all seriousness I want to hear more about Project Octopath traveller too. Visually the game is very interesting and I love a good JRPG but we haven't seen much of the game at all.

EDIT: Yaaay more broken images.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Did someone say Ingo?

In all seriousness I want to hear more about Project Octopath traveller too. Visually the game is very interesting and I love a good JRPG but we haven't seen much of the game at all.

EDIT: Yaaay more broken images.
if one of the characters sound like ringabel and act like ringabel, I will commit muder for the game No I wont

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
He looks mildly creepy.

Is he supposed to be a good guy?
Seems like he's a good guy. One of the leaked CGs shows Conrad holding Celica like some kind of hero.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Heard this in the background of StylesX2's newest vid. I think a couple people would like it. It's good background music.

D

Deleted member

Stop reminding me that thing exists, damn it
It's not my fault it haunts my dreams with "lol eov lol"
Don't you know, waiting several months for a game that's already in English to get released over here in, er, English, is the best part.

I think I'll just import in future. Not bothered about missing out on any possible DLC, really.
Oh man, now I feel sorry for you
Like, I get that PAL has more languages to translate to but it seems they only start doing it after the American version is released.

I'm still a bit hopeful we'll get the announcement during E3(emphasis on "during" because EOIIU got its trailer during it but didn't show up in any of Nintendo's streams). I mean, maybe they are spending so much time because they want it to have the same amount of voice options as the original, r-right?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Jesus this is too long to quote
These are all pretty fair points. The warping models IIRC have something in common, the serial number being XAW1 (first four digits anyways) so it may indicate an early batch of shipments and whatnot. No idea. Mine hasn't warped yet but I'm sure if it does I'll get it fixed.

Generally I recommend staying away from console launch unless you enjoy being the beta crew or the launch squad, or whatever you wanna call the launch userbase. Test bed? No idea.

That being said, this is pretty much par for the course as far as consoles go and I'm just REALLY happy nothing related to the actual OS is breaking on a wide scale. Stuff like console updates bricking systems and whatnot is one of those early launch things that can be prevalent and I'm really, REALLY happy it's not.

All that aside, nice room!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
These are all pretty fair points. The warping models IIRC have something in common, the serial number being XAW1 (first four digits anyways) so it may indicate an early batch of shipments and whatnot. No idea. Mine hasn't warped yet but I'm sure if it does I'll get it fixed.

Generally I recommend staying away from console launch unless you enjoy being the beta crew or the launch squad, or whatever you wanna call the launch userbase. Test bed? No idea.

That being said, this is pretty much par for the course as far as consoles go and I'm just REALLY happy nothing related to the actual OS is breaking on a wide scale. Stuff like console updates bricking systems and whatnot is one of those early launch things that can be prevalent and I'm really, REALLY happy it's not.

All that aside, nice room!
funny, mine is XAW1 and I have absolutly no warping. Well Imma not even worry about it

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
When's the uploader getting fixed, I need to switch to Delthea art avi. >:[

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Tomorrow is iZombie season 3. I am excite.

Also in 20 days is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which I also am excited about.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The opening cutscene for Fire Emblem Echoes has been leaked. For those that want to watch it:

It's basically a montage of some of the events in the story.

Yoooo, what's up with Mila's face? She looks rather scary there.

And that clip of Berkut dancing with his girlfriend looks as if he may have the makings to be a tragic villain for this game.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh man, now I feel sorry for you
Like, I get that PAL has more languages to translate to but it seems they only start doing it after the American version is released.

I'm still a bit hopeful we'll get the announcement during E3(emphasis on "during" because EOIIU got its trailer during it but didn't show up in any of Nintendo's streams). I mean, maybe they are spending so much time because they want it to have the same amount of voice options as the original, r-right?
"translate"

On the continent, they get the manual translated, if they're lucky. The actual game is still in English, as far as I'm aware. I could be wrong, but my physical copy of EO2U comes with only English, and switching languages on the digital versions of the others just gets English too (it could be based on eShop regions instead, but I can't find any evidence of that). So basically, I have no idea what the delay is about, except for maybe having to arrange deals with publishers, since Atlus don't have a European branch of their own; a year or so back, their publishing deal here with NIS America broke down, so I have no idea if future games will even get released here, unless they can arrange a deal with a new publisher (hopefully it doesn't go back to being like EO2/3 on DS, where they never got released here at all).

Anyway, hopefully we hear something soon. At this point, even if at E3 it's just a "yeah, we're localising EO5, more later", I'll be happy.

Chrono.

When you find a Shrine and you expect it to be a fun and engaging puzzle but it's just a test of strength shrine. :bomb:

Seriously though, these feel like a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom