• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Wow, at this point I wish I wasn't an infant or not being born yet when those Rare games were around. I might give Yooka-Laylee a shot at some point, and hopefully I might get some of the feelings of the Rare games from it.

Also, that rap though. It's so bad, and at the same time so good.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Why are my cable provider descriptions of Samurai Jack (season 5) still crediting Mako despite his passing?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
While Blinky should be smacked for making that mistake, Chocobo definitely was seen to have more interest out of the others. Though the Red Mage was kind of close.

Next begins the one title that not only introduced said giant chicken birds, but also have known characters. Your Final Fantasy II choices are Firion, Guy, Maria, and Leon (Yes, the Dark Knight).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What in the Knuckles, I just did a ****post that took like 2 minutes to think and 3 to do (because blah blah blah sickness). And I recieve a like from a mod and a admin.
bert.gif

Is being sick actually make you better at making joke?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be cool to have an open world pokemon game where you can go to any town and beat the gym leaders in any order.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
and knuckles.

Pretty nice art :).
xD I think this may be a pretty old meme, but it is the first April Fools joke that Smashboards has done to actually make me laugh! Unlike Smashboards 2001 or how I called it "Eyesoreboards"

Also...can I say that the gif in your signature is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen? O-O

Bananija

Count of Trickery
xD I think this may be a pretty old meme, but it is the first April Fools joke that Smashboards has done to actually make me laugh! Unlike Smashboards 2001 or how I called it "Eyesoreboards"

Also...can I say that the gif in your signature is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen? O-O
Well, it's certainly isn't a sight to behold. So yeah, you can say it's terrifying.:laugh:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
All premiums having the same avy makes it hard to keep track of who's who.

I keep going "I don't remember posting this "

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
you say this as if Jon doesn't 100% deserve it
I remember heatstreet tweeting their article about him being kicked from YL with "Hasn't he been punished enough?" Literally everyone replied "lol no", "What othertimes did he get punished?" and "He got his sub count back up"
I'm not gonna get into a discussion about what Jon does or doesn't deserve.

But seriously...this whole "WE GOT MAKE SURE HE ENDURES X TIME OF PUNISHMENT" mentality is literally the exact reason why the SJW stigma exists and why nobody takes most equality activists seriously these days. This whole outrage culture and chasing people around with pitch-forks even after the main controversial event is said and done is why more legitimate pursuits towards equality get ignored and laughed at. Because a lot of the people claiming to be part of a movement are the same kind of loud and ignorant idiots who are now harassing (yes, that's what it is by dictionary definition, don't try to get around that) JonTron.

If you disagree with or were offended by Jon's statements, that's cool. You can unsubscribe from his channel if you were subscribed and ignore any activity from him. Even boycott A Hat in Time if you want.

But encouraging or participating in this witch hunting of an individual even after they've stopped engaging in controversial topics, is just being absurdly childish.

You're not a court judge of the law, so you have no place sentencing "punishment" on someone.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not gonna get into a discussion about what Jon does or doesn't deserve.

But seriously...this whole "WE GOT MAKE SURE HE ENDURES X TIME OF PUNISHMENT" mentality is literally the exact reason why the SJW stigma exists and why nobody takes most equality activists seriously these days. This whole outrage culture and chasing people around with pitch-forks even after the main controversial event is said and done is why more legitimate pursuits towards equality get ignored and laughed at. Because a lot of the people claiming to be part of a movement are the same kind of loud and ignorant idiots who are now harassing (yes, that's what it is by dictionary definition, don't try to get around that) JonTron.

If you disagree with or were offended by Jon's statements, that's cool. You can unsubscribe from his channel if you were subscribed and ignore any activity from him. Even boycott A Hat in Time if you want.

But encouraging or participating in this witch hunting of an individual even after they've stopped engaging in controversial topics, is just being absurdly childish.

You're not a court judge of the law, so you have no place sentencing "punishment" on someone.
I wasn't encouraging anything. I found it hilarious how easy it's been to mock him after he ruined his reputation. Like Mel Gibson or something. And sure. Laughing at how someone became a punching bag is harassment

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wasn't encouraging anything. I found it hilarious how easy it's been to mock him after he ruined his reputation. Like Mel Gibson or something. And sure. Laughing at how someone became a punching bag is harassment
Your post says nothing about laughing.

I remember heatstreet tweeting their article about him being kicked from YL with "Hasn't he been punished enough?" Literally everyone replied "lol no", "What othertimes did he get punished?" and "He got his sub count back up"
All you did was state that people were OK with rallying this witch hunt against him in response to someone who said they were OK with it too, as if to suggest you too support the notion.

I'm not saying YOU'RE harassing him specifically - that's the media and other big YouTubers who are capitalising on the situation for them page views and YouTube $$$ - but I think encouraging and supporting that kind of behaviour and thinking it's "just" is not a whole lot better.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Your post says nothing about laughing.

All you did was state that people were OK with rallying this witch hunt against him in response to someone who said they were OK with it too, as if to suggest you too support the notion.

I'm not saying YOU'RE harassing him specifically - that's the media and other big YouTubers who are capitalising on the situation for them page views and YouTube $$$ - but I think encouraging and supporting that kind of behaviour and thinking it's "just" is not a whole lot better.
OOOOOOH you meant THAT post. I was talking about the one in which I mentioned he got mocked. The post you meant was moreso meant to mock that stupid site at white knighting claiming Jon had already 'punished' too much. And all reactions I mentioned were facts, he got back all his lost subscribers and was unaffected as such so he didn't get any problems anymore

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not going to comment on SJWs or anything.

But point is, it's over. We have to forgive and forget.

Because it's gotten to the point to where it's not helping anyone.

It's just laughing at someone else's expense.

It's not magically okay cause "he's an asshole."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

It's not magically okay cause "he's an *******."
I've been burned by quite a few people because I 'forgave and forgot'. Sorry if I'm not going to do that, especially if the person never apologized but made excuses

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've been burned by quite a few people because I 'forgave and forgot'. Sorry if I'm not going to do that, especially if the person never apologized but made excuses
If you don't forgive and forget, then why should people forgive you?

I'm not saying to literally forget what John said, but constantly beating him up over it doesn't help anyone.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If you don't forgive and forget, then why should people forgive you?

I'm not saying to literally forget what John said, but constantly beating him up over it doesn't help anyone.
It depends on the situation. I forgave the guy who broke my finger last year because it was a genuine accident, he was genuinely shocked and asked if I was okay. If it was intentional or there are no signs of regret, I'm not forgiving

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Jon did apologise. Quite sincerely too. He even flat out admitted a lot of what he said in the initial debate was wrong and not what he actually thinks, and that he couldn't word things right because he was flustered (which is understandable given the nutcase he was up against).

Honestly he's the only one in this whole mess who's shown any humility, IMO. From his unlisted video to the way he handled being booted from Yooka-Laylee, he's the only one who seems intent in fixing the mess to at least some extent. Everyone else has just proceeded to name call.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
awesome. got every achievement in the 8-bit bayo game.

Wbich rrlly should be called 16bit at the very least

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It depends on the situation. I forgave the guy who broke my finger last year because it was a genuine accident, he was genuinely shocked and asked if I was okay. If it was intentional or there are no signs of regret, I'm not forgiving
How do you know Jon doesn't regret saying that?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jon did apologize. Jon was punished. And we all lived to tell the tale.

There's enough grudge in this world. At least spare it from someone who's tried to clean up his mess.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
/r/place had it going really well with the Lyn and Eliwood sprites.

Now Eliwood's sword has been elongated and is stabbing Squirtle.
Lol poor Squirtle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jon did apologise. Quite sincerely too. He even flat out admitted a lot of what he said in the initial debate was wrong and not what he actually thinks, and that he couldn't word things right because he was flustered (which is understandable given the nutcase he was up against).

Honestly he's the only one in this whole mess who's shown any humility, IMO. From his unlisted video to the way he handled being booted from Yooka-Laylee, he's the only one who seems intent in fixing the mess to at least some extent. Everyone else has just proceeded to name call.
The way he handled Yooka Laylee was amazing, but spouting out stuff like that can't be ignored over "Oh, I was flustered". He KNEW who he was debating with and "didn't fully prepare and got flustered". He also claimed it was taken out of context, right? How does one take "Oppression doesn't exist", "Wealthy blacks commit more crimes than poor whites, look it up" and more out of context? It also fits with his record in ****ty behaviour.
How do you know Jon doesn't regret saying that?
See above
Jon did apologize. Jon was punished. And we all lived to tell the tale.

There's enough grudge in this world. At least spare it from someone who's tried to clean up his mess.
HOW was he punished then? Because he got the lost sub count back

Imagine if this wasn't Jontron but Hugh Jackman. Would the reactions be the same?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
/r/place had it going really well with the Lyn and Eliwood sprites.

Now Eliwood's sword has been elongated and is stabbing Squirtle.
Lol poor Squirtle.
Earlier with Brazil:

And then France had to move because Germany took over.

The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise is currently a mess however. r/prequelmemes need to step it up.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It's not magically okay cause "he's an *******."
That seems an awfully remissive approach to dealing with some pretty inflammatory statements.

Forgive and forget? I'm not saying people should necessarily be taking random, cheap shots at JonTron for the sake of a punchline (I'm not sure if that's what happening - I'm not well informed with the JonTron situation, because I've never cared about him, so I usually try to stay out of the conv), as that does little more than degrades the other side, but turning the other cheek is not the answer when someone goes off with a uproar of rhetoric you disagree with. Should you disagree with it.

People who want to speak out against perspectives they disagree with, let alone abhor, really have every reason and every right to do so. Just like JonTron had every right to say what he said. But, it would almost seem negligent to have JonTron say what he said and then everybody carry on as if nothing was amiss or different.

And this would remain the same if he went off on some far left-leaning tirade. Though the reaction, obviously, would be different.

People should be able to say whatever they want to say, but not with impunity. If we forgive and forget, there are no consequences to saying potentially awful, hateful, discriminatory stuff. And there should be. They shouldn't be violence, or imprisonment, but if people are galvanized into retorting, I don't see why that shouldn't equally be heard. Discourse is what moves us forward; inertia doesn't cultivate critical thought.

So should you forgive and forget or should you remain cognizant and act accordingly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom