• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
D

Deleted member

That might take 20 to 25 episodes... I don't think that will happen.
I will be disappointed if the second season didn't reach to Stain Arc. I mean they even show Torino in this episode. So they have to get to Stain Arc in this season.
Yeah, I doubt they'll take that long to get to it considering it was teased in the very last scene of S1.
I think the pacing will get better by episode 4-5 when the fighting starts

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bought basically the entire Ratchet & Clank franchise on my PS3. Need to clear some space and man, the PS3 is slow at downloading, deleting, etc.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently this is happening today:

Now I want to see the more serious Steven Universe Episodes this way.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I leave for five minutes, and the whole place is filled with Knuckles everywhere! Y'all better have not touched Afro's cookie dough, or he's gonna be pissed off! - Afro

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh man, AoT season 2 is off to a great start!

Hange was being a badass when she held Pastor Nick over the wall and demanding answers from him regarding the deal with the Wall Titans, and it was an enjoyable scene overall.

I couldn't help but chuckle every time they mentioned Mike "would be fine" since he's humanity's 2nd strongest soldier after Levi, but I guess that was the manga-reader side of me that knew it wasn't going to end well for him.

Very surprising they incorporated that Eren, Mikasa, and Carla flashback there. We first see this flashback in Chapter 50, not around Chapter 34-35 where episode 26 took place. Something tells me the anime writers moved that flashback here as foreshadowing for what's going to happen between Eren and Mikasa later on.

Sasha and Connie's moments were pretty good in developing their characters. Connie has a genuine reason to be afraid, and when that scene comes, oh man will he be in for a shock. Nice to see Reiner being a bro to Connie as well.

Especially nice to see bro!Reiner again after seeing his traitorous self in the manga for quite some time combined with the long gap between seasons 1 and 2.

Beast Titan's voice actor turns out to be Koyasu Takehito, a.k.a. voice of Dio from Jojo. I can already smell all the Jojo jokes coming in for the Beast Titan.

That aside, Beast Titan's performance was great: he sounded just like I imagined when I first read that manga chapter.

And poor Mike! I already knew what was coming for him, but his death seemed a lot more disturbing here than it was in the manga: the screaming and all the chomping noises only made it more chilling to watch. I liked how they played on his words: "The moment you lose is when you stop fighting." That's what eventually leads to Mike's death: because he stopped fighting, and by the time he tried to do so, it was already too late.

Also, holy snap that ending song!

That ending is explaining the history of Eldia, and that was revealed deep into the manga, specifically at Chapter 86!

The first two images shown was when Ymir Fritz made the contract with the "devil", or really "the source of all organic life," to become the first Titan, and then we see Ymir Fritz's Titan fighting some soldiers.

The next image is something we haven't seen in the manga yet. We see a king, his children, and some people behind him grieving the death of a woman who is already decayed. I initially assumed this was showing Ymir Fritz's death, but I've been reading theories that the king in this image might actually be the 145th Fritz King, and that image could be depicting what made him do all the things he is known for (wall creation, keeping Eldians inside them, wiping out the Eldians' memories, etc). That said, perhaps that dead woman could be his wife, and those kids standing beside him are probably his children since they all look alike (not to mention they are grieving, and it could well be over their mother's death). That very image could ultimately be foreshadowing something we'll see in the manga later on.

I also read another theory that speculated this image could be examining when Ymir Fritz's transferred her power to her successors. If you look closely, you can see the children holding something bloody, and that could very well be Ymir Fritz's flesh. In other words, this could be the moment they had to eat Ymir to gain her powers.

The following images show Titans attacking some settlement. It's hard to see who are the victims in these images. I think it's depicting an Eldian attack on some Marleyan village judging by the presence of all the Pure Titans, but then we see a large group of people escaping, which could be referring to the moment when the Eldians lost the Great Titan War and thus had to retreat to Paradise Island, so it could be the moment when the Marleyans took 7 of the Titan powers and used them to their advantage.

Also, we see Titans emerging out of the water. I guess that implies water isn't a problem for Titans, so I think it confirms that it is completely safe for Eren to unleash the Wall Titans on Marley. If that image is anything to go by, those Titans can cross the water just fine.

The image of people migrating is probably depicting when the Eldians retreated to Paradise Island, and the image before that is definitely the Wall Titans that are on their way to creating the wall.

The final image is the same one from the manga that depicts Ymir Fritz as a goddess, with the eight other Titans surrounding her. The only difference is that the manga had those eight Titans face away from her, while here, they face toward her out of reverence.

That ending song was pretty creepy when used in combination with those historic images, especially for the manga readers.

I can't wait to see the theories the anime-only fans will make of this.

Might as well tag @|Ersatz| and @Frostwraith to tag along with this discussion.

What did you think of the episode, and what were your thoughts on the images within the ending song?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Apparently this is happening today:

Now I want to see the more serious Steven Universe Episodes this way.
for then not shutting up about all this past week, I expected more pff

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Why chuckle Knuckle when you can flex your muscles knuckles.

I don't know-ckle if this is great or awful.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh man, AoT season 2 is off to a great start!

Hange was being a badass when she held Pastor Nick over the wall and demanding answers from him regarding the deal with the Wall Titans, and it was an enjoyable scene overall.

I couldn't help but chuckle every time they mentioned Mike "would be fine" since he's humanity's 2nd strongest soldier after Levi, but I guess that was the manga-reader side of me that knew it wasn't going to end well for him.

Very surprising they incorporated that Eren, Mikasa, and Carla flashback there. We first see this flashback in Chapter 50, not around Chapter 34-35 where episode 26 took place. Something tells me the anime writers moved that flashback here as foreshadowing for what's going to happen between Eren and Mikasa later on.

Sasha and Connie's moments were pretty good in developing their characters. Connie has a genuine reason to be afraid, and when that scene comes, oh man will he be in for a shock. Nice to see Reiner being a bro to Connie as well.

Especially nice to see bro!Reiner again after seeing his traitorous self in the manga for quite some time combined with the long gap between seasons 1 and 2.

Beast Titan's voice actor turns out to be Koyasu Takehito, a.k.a. voice of Dio from Jojo. I can already smell all the Jojo jokes coming in for the Beast Titan.

That aside, Beast Titan's performance was great: he sounded just like I imagined when I first read that manga chapter.

And poor Mike! I already knew what was coming for him, but his death seemed a lot more disturbing here than it was in the manga: the screaming and all the chomping noises only made it more chilling to watch. I liked how they played on his words: "The moment you lose is when you stop fighting." That's what eventually leads to Mike's death: because he stopped fighting, and by the time he tried to do so, it was already too late.

Also, holy snap that ending song!

That ending is explaining the history of Eldia, and that was revealed deep into the manga, specifically at Chapter 86!

The first two images shown was when Ymir Fritz made the contract with the "devil", or really "the source of all organic life," to become the first Titan, and then we see Ymir Fritz's Titan fighting some soldiers.

The next image is something we haven't seen in the manga yet. We see a king, his children, and some people behind him grieving the death of a woman who is already decayed. I initially assumed this was showing Ymir Fritz's death, but I've been reading theories that the king in this image might actually be the 145th Fritz King, and that image could be depicting what made him do all the things he is known for (wall creation, keeping Eldians inside them, wiping out the Eldians' memories, etc). That said, perhaps that dead woman could be his wife, and those kids standing beside him are probably his children since they all look alike (not to mention they are grieving, and it could well be over their mother's death). That very image could ultimately be foreshadowing something we'll see in the manga later on.

I also read another theory that speculated this image could be examining when Ymir Fritz's transferred her power to her successors. If you look closely, you can see the children holding something bloody, and that could very well be Ymir Fritz's flesh. In other words, this could be the moment they had to Ymir to gain her powers.

The following images show Titans attacking some settlement. It's hard to see who are the victims in these images. I think it's depicting an Eldian attack on some Marleyan village judging by the presence of all the Pure Titans, but then we see a large group of people escaping, which could be referring to the moment when the Eldians lost the Great Titan War and thus had to retreat to Paradise Island, so it could be the moment when the Marleyans took 7 of the Titan powers and used them to their advantage.

Also, we see Titans emerging out of the water. I guess that implies water isn't a problem for Titans, so I think it confirms that it is completely safe for Eren to unleash the Wall Titans on Marley. If that image is anything to go by, those Titans can cross the water just fine.

The image of people migrating is probably depicting when the Eldians retreated to Paradise Island, and the image before that is definitely the Wall Titans that are on their way to creating the wall.

The final image is the same one from the manga that depicts Ymir Fritz as a goddess, with the eight other Titans surrounding her. The only difference is that the manga had those eight Titans face away from her, while here, they face toward her out of reverence.

That ending song was pretty creepy when used in combination with those historic images, especially for the manga readers.

I can't wait to see the theories the anime-only fans will make of this.

Might as well tag @|Ersatz| and @Frostwraith to tag along with this discussion.

What did you think of the episode, and what were your thoughts on the images within the ending song?
I loved the 1st episode. the ending was good and so was the opening
all in all, I think Ill like season 2

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Using r/place got me in the mood to try making a sprite.

I found a cool tool called Piskel that's designed for making sprites.

Here's a little Luma I made in a few minutes.

New Piskel.png

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
https://fireemblemwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Fire_Emblem_Fates&oldid=116397#Revelation
Faced with the hardest choice of their life, Corrin chickens out and refuses to pick a side. Hoshido and Nohr both randomly decide they are traitor and evil, and they are forced to follow Azura and jump off a cliff. Somehow, they don't die, and land in Valla, and Gunter appears and explains "JK, not dead." Azura then explains that there's a giant dragon named Anankos who wants to destroy humanity because they wouldn't worship him or something. She also says that they can't tell anyone because plot inconvenience, but they have to get the two countries who have hated each other since time immemorial for no adequately explained reason to stop killing each other and go kill the dragon.
I couldn't have explained the plot of Revelation better myself.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Long ago, in a distant forum...

I, Knuckles, the knock knock master of memes, unleashed an unspeakable ****post.

But, a foolish moderator warrior wielding a magic hammer stepped forth to opposed me.

PAW (first warning)

POW (second warning)

PEW (last warning)

Before the final ban was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where my memes is law.

Now, the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Knuckles.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, this Nipples the Enchilada Boards is a nice welcome home from work.

Any interesting jokes news that popped up today?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is the second knuckles getting the most votes in the poll

Friggin' hipsters, that's why

Everyone knows the second knuckles is overrated

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Aka Call of Nostalgia: the game. & Knuckles

Oof, that was rough. Literally the moment the guy started speaking there was cringe on my face. It sounds like when old white people try rapping to teach kids something in a "cool" way.

Then I went back to see if the DK Rap was cringey too, and I had just been a victim of nostalgia... but no, that thing is actually good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the Yooka-Laylee Rap would have sounded better if it wasn't so obviously trying to copy the exact same composition and progression as the DK Rap. If it had a more a original composition.

As it is now, it's basically just the DK Rap slightly remixed with new words. A fan could have easily made that. Maybe they could have done a much more fast-paced rap for Yooka-Laylee since Yooka and Laylee are more nimble characters with a bit more of attitude compared to DK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom