• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just watch one of the Furious movies they make em like bi yearly now.
It's not the same as getting notifications that Morbid "Vin Diesel" Altruism liked your post.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Now that Breath of the Wild has been out for almost a month, I thought I'd start a new Strawpoll related to the game. This one will examine some of the most prominent characters in the game: the Champions. That being said...

Who is your favorite Champion in Breath of the Wild?

Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12641963

I will talk about who I voted for later tonight.
And I might as well talk about who I voted for:

Revali

Yes, I know he's basically Zelda's take on Falco, but I genuinely enjoyed his character. While he is arrogant when it comes to his skills, his relationship with Link was interesting to me. Revali initially does not look favorably on him because he is jealous that Link is the one that will defeat Ganon. To Revali, Link was chosen only because of the Master Sword, while Revali is a talented archer (the best among the Rito, and possibly the best amongst Hyrule as well) and has perfected his flying abilities to the max. In fact, it's because of Link's lack of ability to fly that Revali shrugs off a suggestion of a duel between the two.

By the time Link comes back to reclaim Van Medoh and free Revali's spirit, we see how Revali warms up to Link as he claims each terminal. Once the boss is defeated, Revali finally recognizes Link's ability and admits he is worthy of being the champion. He even becomes receptive of Link's feelings when he initially offers Link to thank him but then retracts when he remembers Link is the silent-type.

It's funny, Revali reminds me of Takumi in several ways. Both are archers and distrust the main characters initially, feeling some kind of jealousy toward that character (Revali toward Link being the chosen one, Takumi toward Corrin when the latter becomes the "second prince"). To me, it seems like the characters that question the main character in some way are the ones that really catch my attention and make me attached to the character. I will admit there is one major difference that sets Revali apart from Takumi: Revali is confident in his skills, while Takumi is insecure about his abilities.

Also helps that Revali has some memorable lines (especially the puns), a nice theme, and a useful power that makes dragon scale hunting a lot easier. The power even makes a helpful shortcut in certain puzzles!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Holy ****, the new Touhou Book by ZUN.

It's basically one gigantic reference to current US politics.

Toyosatomimi no Miko is running for president. Some of her statements
"Youkai immigrants are taking away jobs from humans."
"I will build a great wall around the human village."
"The Youkai coming from outside the village bring drugs, diseases and *that*"

and last but definitely not the least,
"Make humanity great again!"

Bruh.
>Wall to stop Youkai

Something, something Yukari...
Something, something boundaries :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone said a potential plotpoint for Flash Season 3
Savitar is HR. No one else calls Wally Wallace. SAVITAR, GOD OF SPEED is totally something a writer from another universe would come up with too.
I will ****ing DROP this show if they pull that

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Well, I watched the Smash of the Titans tournament stream. I never knew Wario and Cloud was a good combo in doubles. And that double Limit Break in the last match of the stream, and the fact the Fox player was launched faster than Sanic rolling around at the speed of sound.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When a package from Japan comes a month early, but your package from Square Enix Europe containing KH 1.5+2.5 is late.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reading through r/NintendoSwitch while I'm waiting for my Switch to get fixed.

Dozens of people having problems with their Switches cracking apart that are making me wary. . .and then I see ONE GUY with a super quiet topic with the exact problem I was having asking if anyone else was having it, with the responses being a gag post, someone accusing him of blocking the vents, and someone that had a screen blackout once but never had the specific and persistent problem that we did.

So of course I kinda had to post to confirm yes, he's not the only one, and to let him know how I handled it. He commented back asking for a bit of clarification on my region for reference and somehow I feel an odd sense of community over it LOL.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, if I knew Fire Emblem Awakening's supports are such a goldmine of references, I'd have played it a lot sooner.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
glowstone.png

I made the glowstone in my Mario 3 Minecraft based on the "Disco Ball of Doom" enemy

It's flashing of colors gives me a horrible headache though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy ****
Deadpool almost didn't make it in MVC3 due to miscommunications with Capcom, who thought Deadpool was blacklisted for some reason. Marvel found out and had to tell them how he'd be a great character for the game due to his popularity
Glad they got that fixed.

That must have happened fast though. Deadpool was one of the earliest characters shown.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just a word of warning, tomorrow is April Fool's Day, or the day that was doing fake news before it was cool.

With easier access to 3D modeling and photoshop than ever, watch out for Smash 4 Switch "leaks", then keep hold of them so we can laugh at them later.

I wonder if Homestar Runner will return again this year.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just a word of warning, tomorrow is April Fool's Day, or the day that was doing fake news before it was cool.

With easier access to 3D modeling and photoshop than ever, watch out for Smash 4 leaks, then keep hold of them so we can laugh at them later.

I wonder if Homestar Runner will return again this year.

Ah, how I miss Homestar Runner... Well, it's hard to miss something that's accessible on the Internet so easily, but more specifically I miss the old Strong Bad e-mail cartoons. Those were the good old days of the Internet...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah, how I miss Homestar Runner... Well, it's hard to miss something that's accessible on the Internet so easily, but more specifically I miss the old Strong Bad e-mail cartoons. Those were the good old days of the Internet...
Yeah, closest you have these days are Tumblr ask blogs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today we received a letter in our post box that was addressed to a completely different house, but the person who lived there passed away quite recently.

That's a slightly difficult situation right there.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Awakening update:

Married my avatar to Frederick.
Chrom and Sumia.
Virion and Miriel

Lissa is the first unit I promoted. She's a War Cleric now. Though I will have to grind her to use iron weapons. Bronze weapons are terribad.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Holy ****
Deadpool almost didn't make it in MVC3 due to miscommunications with Capcom, who thought Deadpool was blacklisted for some reason. Marvel found out and had to tell them how he'd be a great character for the game due to his popularity
Glad they got that fixed.

That must have happened fast though. Deadpool was one of the earliest characters shown.
But will he be in Infinite? That's my question

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The X-Men issue is still a little iffy. There's still a chance they make it in, but again, likely as DLC instead. I would hope at least, the character choices are still pretty solid. Maybe bring in more characters from Spider-Man. Y'know, aside from Spider-Man and Venom themselves, since it's obvious that they should return if possible. I think Punisher, Black Cat and Green Goblin would all work as fighters. Doc Ock could be a replacement for Omega Red.

Honestly, out of the X-Men characters, the ones I've played in previous titles were Wolverine, Storm and Deadpool. While I occasionally used Magneto and Rogue.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today is also the day when Nintendo of Europe announced Xenoblade to be localized in PAL regions 6 years ago, and to be set on a release date for September 2011 before being reported to release sooner in August 2011.

I remember the reactions in the comments in some French websites being ecstatics and praying this announcement wasn't an early April Fools joke.

Good times, good times...

D

Deleted member

Today is also the day when Nintendo of Europe announced Xenoblade to be localized in PAL regions 6 years ago, and to be set on a release date for September 2011 before being reported to release sooner in August 2011.

I remember the reactions in the comments in some French websites being ecstatics and praying this announcement wasn't an early April Fools joke.

Good times, good times...

I still remember the day when Xenoblade was announced for a North American release. I was browsing the Wii's Nintendo Channel and the first thing I saw was that announcement trailer. I was repeatedly shouting "YES!" I honestly can't think of many games in recent years that got me as excited as I was for that game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Christ, DCEU is more of a mess than I thought.
The Batman, Nightwing, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Suicide Squad 2, Green Lantern, Man of Steel 2, Shazam, Black Adam, The Flash, JL Dark, possible sequels to Wonder Woman and Justice League
These are in the works
MoS2: No director
Flash: Script stage, no director
Shazam: Script stage, no director
Batman: No director (Ben Affleck was kicked off)

This is a disaster.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Christ, DCEU is more of a mess than I thought.
The Batman, Nightwing, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Suicide Squad 2, Green Lantern, Man of Steel 2, Shazam, Black Adam, The Flash, JL Dark, possible sequels to Wonder Woman and Justice League
These are in the works
MoS2: No director
Flash: Script stage, no director
Shazam: Script stage, no director
Batman: No director (Ben Affleck was kicked off)

This is a disaster.
Batman has Matt Reeves and MoS2 has Matthew Vaughn.
I think Shazam has a director too.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
MoS2 was eyeing him, but haven't officially said anything. Matt Reeves is a **** up on my part though. David F. Sandberg for Shazam was only rumoured
Might as well throw Mel Gibson being in talks for Suicide Squad II in there too

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm actually convinced that will happen as it's a ****ing horrible idea and DCEU's track record makes me believe that
This South Park clip describes how I feel about Gibson
I honestly love him as a director and would be ecstatic about him directing Suicide Squad 2

Even if he is an awful human being

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This South Park clip describes how I feel about Gibson
I honestly love him as a director and would be ecstatic about him directing Suicide Squad 2

Even if he is an awful human being
Man, Ghost Stories' cast all agreed that had Mel Gibson ruined his reputation just a week or two earlier, they'd joke about that

Also, I have one thing to say about the Captain Marvel movie (MCU)
GIVE ME A KAMALA KHAN CAMEO AT THE VERY LEAST OR GIVE ME DEATH

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Man, Ghost Stories' cast all agreed that had Mel Gibson ruined his reputation just a week or two earlier, they'd joke about that

Also, I have one thing to say about the Captain Marvel movie (MCU)
GIVE ME A KAMALA KHAN CAMEO AT THE VERY LEAST OR GIVE ME DEATH
I remember hearing that. But have you seen Hacksaw Ridge? Fantastic movie. And one of the producers is a gay Jew so he's totally reformed! /s

But seriously, the DCEU has a pretty good line up of directors, outside of Synder. The aforementioned Gibson, Reeves and Vaughn, James Wan, Patty Jenkins, Liman, Whedon, McKay, and possibly George Miller are all good to amazing directors

And a Kamala cameo would be sick

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I remember hearing that. But have you seen Hacksaw Ridge? Fantastic movie. And one of the producers is a gay Jew so he's totally reformed! /s

But seriously, the DCEU has a pretty good line up of directors, outside of Synder. The aforementioned Gibson, Reeves and Vaughn, James Wan, Patty Jenkins, Liman, Whedon, McKay, and possibly George Miller are all good to amazing directors

And a Kamala cameo would be sick
2 words
Executive. Meddling
Suicide Squad ESPECIALLY had lots of issues in production, even MCU had this a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom