• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
wow I just had a dream that me and some others were in a bus that was out of control and the dream ended with the bus flipping and us all tumbling then it was all quiet.

Reading through r/NintendoSwitch while I'm waiting for my Switch to get fixed.

Dozens of people having problems with their Switches cracking apart that are making me wary. . .and then I see ONE GUY with a super quiet topic with the exact problem I was having asking if anyone else was having it, with the responses being a gag post, someone accusing him of blocking the vents, and someone that had a screen blackout once but never had the specific and persistent problem that we did.

So of course I kinda had to post to confirm yes, he's not the only one, and to let him know how I handled it. He commented back asking for a bit of clarification on my region for reference and somehow I feel an odd sense of community over it LOL.
But what gets me is people accuse the cracks of being caused buy the screw but if it was from the screw, it would of started from the screw and not go around the screw area. I think there is one dude that had a chunk missing from his and blamed the screw when it clearly looked like fall damage.

I find it funny mine is super clean

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Joss Whedon is notorious for being unable to write compelling women. Why are they giving him Batgirl? So he can make it Quipfest 2018?

Also I'm pretty sure we'll get Wolverine and Deadpool at the very least in the base game. The X-Men are pretty prominent in Contest of Champions (which was being developed under Ike Perlmutter, mind you) so I don't see why we wouldn't get them in Infinite at launch.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This fits surprisingly well

Sonic Team seem to have stumbled on the universal intro music.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
"Because he did Buffy and that Marvel thing which is popular for some reason hyuhyuk" WB CEO probably
I suppose that makes sense, seeing as how the Avengers films made billions in revenue- but why would WB want to make second-rate Marvel films (which are becoming more and more derivative as time passes) instead of something memorable and good? I'm no business expert but I think they could afford to get someone a lot better than Joss Whedon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I suppose that makes sense, seeing as how the Avengers films made billions in revenue- but why would WB want to make second-rate Marvel films (which are becoming more and more derivative as time passes) instead of something memorable and good? I'm no business expert but I think they could afford to get someone a lot better than Joss Whedon.
Age of Ultron had a lot of executive meddling iirc though the Widow Hulk thing is absolutely his fault. The first Avengers movie made a **** ton of cash, WB thinks he'll do that again

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rashid is the true hero alright, he ruled that poll the same way he tuled Bison. At least there was some mild interest in Laura and F.A.N.G. Then there's Necali, who a lot of people slept on.

Now this is the last Street Fighter poll before I reach Bayonetta. Half of these are older characters with a certain V newcomer as the only exception. Your choices are Kolin, Gen, Thunder Hawk, and Oro. When I get around to other Capcom characters, I will do Final Fight cast later (Hence no Guy and the others from the last few days).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So much for warm weather on Spring.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today is also the day when Nintendo of Europe announced Xenoblade to be localized in PAL regions 6 years ago, and to be set on a release date for September 2011 before being reported to release sooner in August 2011.

I remember the reactions in the comments in some French websites being ecstatics and praying this announcement wasn't an early April Fools joke.

Good times, good times...

I wasn't really around for the original release hype but it's one of my favourite games.

Happy Xenoblade Day!

This fits surprisingly well

Sonic Team seem to have stumbled on the universal intro music.
Songs that could be opening themes is just a Tomoya Ohtani thing in general.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_in_the_shell_2017

The reviews are in, the Ghost in the Shell adaptation...is a mediocre sci-fi flick. Apart of the obvious miscasting, it appears to be a really generic cyber punk film. Do yourself a favor and rewatch (or watch, if you have not) the original. It still holds up today, with some really great animation and great themes on human identity and artificial intelligence.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The reviews are in, the Ghost in the Shell adaptation...is a mediocre sci-fi flick. Apart of the obvious miscasting, it appears to be a really generic cyber punk film. Do yourself a favor and rewatch (or watch, if you have not) the original. It still holds up today, with some really great animation and great themes on human identity and artificial intelligence.
Calling it now, people are gonna go "Damn SJWs ruining this movie because 'muh whitewashing'" even though the movie itself seems self-aware at doing it. Also Scarlett Johansson
is in it meaning I wouldn't care for here

Also just had a job interview, I'll hear back from it on Tuesday

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because they tried cloning the Dark Knight Trilogy with characters not suited for it and that didn't seem to work.

D

Deleted member

But the real question is, is it better than Boss Baby?
IMG_2661.PNG
Well, it got a higher score than God Hand, so it must be a great movie. :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I caught it last night. I enjoyed it. Great sfx. Scarjo did well enough. Story was meh. I'd say its a 7/10

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"please give me spring chrom. Probably my lsst chance for a limited unit"

This is easily the worst pull I have ever done in any gacha. And ive had some bad ones

I feel a lot better about my recent pulls now. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend

This is easily the worst pull I have ever done in any gacha. And ive had some bad ones

I feel a lot better about my recent pulls now. :p
You got Odin. It's not a bad pull since you can give Blarblade to one of your better Blue Mages. Also, you can give Ardent Sacrifice(to a character you plan on giving Desperation) or Darting Blow from Florina to another character.

D

Deleted member

So, I still have 3 slots left in my EOIIU run(so I can close the Boss Squad).
I need a Protector, a Highlander and another character who can be pretty much any other class
I won't start the run until later today though

I love how everyone but Clarine is part of the "**** squad" of their respective games

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Wow, I'm actually starting to have a nice day today!"

*computer that just spent an entire month being repaired completely bricks itself. . .while my Switch is still out and I have to deal with a ton of stressful things over the next two weeks*

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm not lying. You clicked it and you have to admit I was telling the truth
You said show. That was a movie. :061:
And Marvel continue their disgusting trend of whitewashing characters

also a guy got banned on GAF for pulling this ****

I got IP banned from GAF for calling Bloodborne overrated

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You said show. That was a movie. :061:

Oh. My mistake!

That's GAF flr you.
And Marvel continue their disgusting trend of whitewashing characters

also a guy got banned on GAF for pulling this ****

If this site was anything like GAF I'd be permabanned for smack talking EO

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Y'know, whitewashing controversy aside SJ is perfect for an android as she's ****ing blank. I seriously don't get her popularity
Watch "Under the Skin" and you'll see why.
Plus the fact she's Black Widow gives her draw because people can recognise her as "Oh that woman in the Avengers!"

*gets banned for having an opinion*
Must be NeoGAF.

Also "Bloodborne was robbed even though Witcher 3 was also out that year"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Watch "Under the Skin" and you'll see why.
Plus the fact she's Black Widow gives her draw because people can recognise her as "Oh that woman in the Avengers!"

*gets banned for having an opinion*
Must be NeoGAF.

Also "Bloodborne was robbed even though Witcher 3 was also out that year"

Oh please, Black Widow is boring as hell, and that's just for being an assassin in a group of superheroes with superpowers, SJ made it worse

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

The Pokemon anime was one big April Fool's Joke all along.
They played us like a damn fiddle.

Oh please, Black Widow is boring as hell, and that's just for being an assassin in a group of superheroes with superpowers, SJ made it worse
- Token female
- Black leather suit
- Shot of her in her undies in Iron Man 2
- MCU films are extremely popular

It's not that hard to see why surely.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The Pokemon anime was one big April Fool's Joke all along.
They played us like a damn fiddle.

- Token female
- Black leather suit
- Shot of her in her undies in Iron Man 2
- MCU films are extremely popular

It's not that hard to see why surely.

I was expecting more.
Especially as she's an Avenger
Iron Man, a guy with a mechanical suit which lets him fly, shoot lasers and use his wits with aid of JARVIS!
Cap, an enhanced human with am INDESTRUCTIBLE shield!
Thor, a literal god with his mighty Mjölnir!
Hulk, the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets, capable of pummeling gods!
Black Widow! An assassin

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I was expecting more.
Especially as she's an Avenger
Iron Man, a guy with a mechanical suit which lets him fly, shoot lasers and use his wits with aid of JARVIS!
Cap, an enhanced human with am INDESTRUCTIBLE shield!
Thor, a literal god with his mighty Mjölnir!
Hulk, the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets, capable of pummeling gods!
Black Widow! An assassin
We're talking about why Scarlett Johansson is popular, not about how Black Widow is boring (she needs her own film, a team up with Hawkeye would be nice).

Also:
Hawkeye - MARK NUTT! Pro archer.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

I know this is a April Fool's video from Akira (makers of the Street Fighter EX series), but damn this looks too good. It's cruel even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom