• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But spiders and monkeys can.
Monkeys can't walk on walls. They can climb on walls, but not walk on them.

Unless you tilt the wall JUST enough so that can keep their footing.

Its still a wall, right? Just tilted.

Specifics.... >:/

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So here's a talking point. Take the last two games you've played. Now, take the main characters and swap them. How do they fare in their new settings?
Well, that would be FE Awakening and Gaiden....

You could debate who the protagonist of Awakening is, but I'm sure anyone would overshadow most of the Gaiden cast due to growth inflation. Not sure how Alm would fare in Awakening, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The last 2 games I played were pokemon and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Building roller coasters in Pokemon land would be an interesting gimmick. But I'm not exactly sure what pokemon could do in Roller Coaster tycoon land. Ride them I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just figured out why I keep thinking the WWF is a wrestling organization and not a wildlife conservatory

Because it WAS a wrestling organization when I actually watched wrestling

I know we're changing the subject but saying an entire group is bad is always gonna make your argument look bad. Every. Single. Time. IDGAF how much you dislike that group stereotyping is a bad idea
So here's a talking point. Take the last two games you've played. Now, take the main characters and swap them. How do they fare in their new settings?
I feel like Ellis would be too stupid to survive FE Shadow Dragon. Once he runs out of ammo he is probably dead.

Marth on the other hand(assuming he is immune) would probably obliterate the entire zombie horde. It doesn't matter how many of them there are if no one has enough skill to hit him!

And J/S im home right now
The dinner got moved to tomorrow. I get to watch the rumble!
:186:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Clearly that's meant to be Ash, not Red.
Wouldn't that make the flamethrower super effective then?

I would put the Brock "Water Types totally weak against Fire types" vid up but I see that Golden already beat me to itt.... :T

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh **** I just realized its getting close to my next Undertale name change. I promised dome weirdo here it'd be Undyne.

Also I'm gonna start marking my name changes as [UT] so I don't need to fiddle with the names. So its gonna be [UT] Undyne.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also recently realized that Breloom could be an arms character, as it does attack by stretching out it's arms

Breloom and Hitmonlee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also recently realized that Breloom could be an arms character, as it does attack by stretching out it's arms

Breloom and Hitmonlee
As far as ARMS guests go, dual-wielding Link with a Hookshot and Clawshot please. :p

Or Little Mac with Wireframe arm extenders.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just found a hilarious picture featuring Hau and his Malasada obsession!

And this Hau picture has given me a new discussion topic:

What is your opinion of Hau? Do you love/like/dislike/hate him? Where does he stand in your personal Pokemon rival ranking list?

I think's it's worth talking about since Hau fits the bill of the friendly rival, and friendly rivals are usually a divisive deal amongst Pokemon fans: people either love them or hate them.

Personally, I like Hau. I'm one of those people that generally likes the friendly rival archetype (minus the XY Rival trio because they were really forgettable for the most part). He felt like a kid who wanted to become your friend from the get-go, and while he may be too happy at times, he does know when to leave some memorable burning comments (such as to Lillie during the first island travel cutscene, to Gladion at Royal Avenue, and to Faba during the Aether Raid arc). I thought his love for Malasadas was sweet considering it shows much of a sweet tooth he has.

If I had to rank Hau, I'd put him more around the high-middle at the moment. Not as memorable as Wally, N, Hugh, Cheren, and Gladion, but just as enjoyable as Barry for me.

------

Pokemon Sun and Kirby: Planet Robobot for me.

The Pokemon Sun trainer could potentially fare up against all those Haltmann robots depending on the Pokemon at his/ner disposal.

Meanwhile, Kirby would probably stand up to any Pokemon in his way. Just inhale the nearest Pokemon, copy its ability, and he's set.

Last edited:
What is your opinion of Hau? Do you love/like/dislike/hate him? Where does he stand in your personal Pokemon rival ranking list?
he's ok.

I can't even really consider him a rival TBH. He doesnt even pick the pokemon to beat you.
He is more often your ally than a rival.

I did like when he was around though.

:061:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Apparently, there are now Arms original characters.

Never change DeviantArt, never change.
With the kind of game Arms is (Characters with arms based off various different objects as well as well as customization) I guess that sort of thing is to be expected, I don't think its that different from, say, Pokemon fan artists creating fakemons and all....

I think it's pretty neat that the game has already got a few people interested though, Nintendo should certainly announce more playable characters for the game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Breloom and Hitmonlee
Hell yes, Breloom is one of my favorite Gen 3 Grass Types.

He would be an interesting fit.

Hey, one of the artists might be hailed as a prophet. You never know.
True. Better than Sausage Party OC's.

I guess that means Nintendo needs to reveal more characters.
This.

Instead of leaving us in the dark, I don't mind seeing more character reveals in the coming months.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I loved Hau, I loved that boy right when he was announced. Him and Gladio make a good duo and he is one of my fav rivals/friends

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Am I the only one who wants Monkey D. Luffy in Arms? This game was made for a stretchy pistol puncher like him.

Apparently, there are now Arms original characters.

Never change DeviantArt, never change.
This is DeviantArt. The same people who had countless Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE OC's after the game's release. But at least most of them like the Azura and Robin Mirages look good.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think's it's worth talking about since Hau fits the bill of the friendly rival, and friendly rivals are usually a divisive deal amongst Pokemon fans: people either love them or hate them.

Personally, I like Hau. I'm one of those people that generally likes the friendly rival archetype (minus the XY Rival trio because they were really forgettable for the most part). He felt like a kid who wanted to become your friend from the get-go, and while he may be too happy at times, he does know when to leave some memorable burning comments (such as to Lillie during the first island travel cutscene, to Gladion at Royal Avenue, and to Faba during the Aether Raid arc). I thought his love for Malasadas was sweet considering it shows much of a sweet tooth he has.

If I had to rank Hau, I'd put him more around the high-middle at the moment. Not as memorable as Wally, N, Hugh, Cheren, and Gladion, but just as enjoyable as Barry for me.

------

The Pokemon Sun trainer could potentially fare up against all those Haltmann robots depending on the Pokemon at his/ner disposal.

Meanwhile, Kirby would probably stand up to any Pokemon in his way. Just inhale the nearest Pokemon, copy its ability, and he's set.
I don't really care toward Hau as a rival or character

He's a weak trainer everyone pushes as someone that's secretly strong. But even when he's trying his hardest he isn't tough

If you beat the Elite 4 and challenge it again, Hau is the one you fight that's challenging your title. But he's a lot easier than Kukhi was. Or maybe it's just that I had a stronger team. I didn't really think he had much of a character, but I guess he had his moments.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Am I the only one who wants Monkey D. Luffy in Arms? This game was made for a stretchy pistol puncher like him.

This is DeviantArt. The same people who had countless Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE OC's after the game's release. But at least most of them like the Azura and Robin Mirages look good.
Agreed on both accounts. A shame the game will never get a sequel, even if it is mostly likely rumored (or it's possibly a side game by Avex).

Luffy would be dope. Imagine Nintendo animating Gum Gum Red Hawk in that game. Easily the perfect special move for him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

------

I liked Hau, even if my Mudsdale kicked his Alolan Raichu's ass with High Horsepower. :p

He was just a likable guy who made awful jokes. I think we all know someone like him. He's not at Cheren/Bianca level for me, but I'd put him right above Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom