• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

So now we have character trailers I guess for heroes.

:061:
I'm surprised Frederick didn't say "Pick a God and Pray" during his moment in the trailer. I mean, that's his best critical quote!

Also, am I the only one that thinks the enemy mage in FE: Heroes resembles Caster from Fate/Stay Night? I mean, look at them:

Both are wearing hoods, have some dark-colored clothing, and have a metallic yellow color on the top of their veils.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nnope this won't be happening lol GF averted this battlespot crisis by giving ALL transfered Pokemon their Hidden Abilities. And can't use Ability capsules on HA Pokemon.
That explains why Nidoking is so boss in Gen I
He always had Sheer Force

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know why ARMS is on the list. It ain't out yet. And it's a new IP, can't even be sure it'll be a good game. Granted Injustice 2 is also a new game that ain't out yet, but you can kind of expect it to play a certain way. It'll likely be unbalanced as hell, seeing as it's early in the games life cycle.

Again, here's to hoping U Marvel 3 or KI3 gets the last slot.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Something tells me people don't like NRS fighters too much.

To be fair Pokken was in a similar position, although we didn't have to vote for that one.

ARMS has a lot of potential which is probably why it's a semi popular pick right now.
I think it's more that the NRS community all jumped to Injustice 2. I had a roommate who was big into NRS fighters and that's basically what happened when MKX came out. Everyone jumped shipped from Injustice.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey, it's Holder!

Hi!
Hey man! Yeah, Nintendo Switch hype has got me crawling out of the backroom for the first time in years lol. I've seen you around as well. Specifically your criticisms of the system, games, etc. We're basically yin and yang with that, hope you reconsider enough to get it so we can go online together.

We can discuss such things after tonight though, I need to crawl into bed in a minute. By the way, saw the video you shared on facebook, showed it to my brother who is rather critical of such views and he found it to be pretty interesting, along with the speaker. His ability to talk quickly, concisely, intelligently, and amusingly all at once while sounding completely off the cuff is amazing.

OH and dude, watch the movie Split. It's by M. Night Shyamalan, but James McAvoy does some of the absolute best acting I've ever seen. It felt rather long, but out of necessity because really it could have been even lengthier since there was a lot left untouched. Also, some rather inexplicable decisions (or rather the lack thereof) with characters occurs every now and then. All the same though, definitely recommend checking it out.

Also be sure to vote on the Fire Emblem Heroes ballot regardless of whether you're downloading it because Tharja. G'night man.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I don't know why ARMS is on the list. It ain't out yet. And it's a new IP, can't even be sure it'll be a good game. Granted Injustice 2 is also a new game that ain't out yet, but you can kind of expect it to play a certain way. It'll likely be unbalanced as hell, seeing as it's early in the games life cycle.

Again, here's to hoping U Marvel 3 or KI3 gets the last slot.
Why not?

Sure it's a brand new game, but it's gotten really good reception so far and it seems to be showing legs in a competitive setting. Yeah the game could come out and turn out to be ass, but if it's got a chance to build a big following, why not start by giving it a shot at the biggest stage?

Plus it's not even getting in by itself like Pokken did last year, it's merely a nominee on a list.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think it's more that the NRS community all jumped to Injustice 2. I had a roommate who was big into NRS fighters and that's basically what happened when MKX came out. Everyone jumped shipped from Injustice.
A lot of games suffer from NRS not focusing on two games at the same time.

For **** sakes, they could easily have both I2 and MKX at EVO but they keep ****ing it up and always have people move to another game every year.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382

So now we have character trailers I guess for heroes.

Gotta say, loving the new artwork for all the old characters like Lillina and George, though I can't help but feel the artist are sexualizing the female characters a bit too much. I don't have too much of a problem with it since other mobile games like BF do it to a far greater extent, but I can't help but feel this will make classic FE fans sour towards this game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Tekken 7 gave us a sexy narcoleptic fighter.
She's been around for 4 years

Look up Tekken Revolution

Poor Arms.

Forever alone behind an "old" Marvel vs Capcom game.
Thing is if they combined ARMS and Pokken votes, then they would be able to catch up to KI because those audiences can crossover.

Plus ARMS is way too new and unfamiliar

However Big Bill Trienan is pushing for ARMS at EVO which will spike it up for a while

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The real question is:

Why not?
I think you mean...

Whynaut?

31 people have spent money to see Arms be played at Evo

the game like 0 people have played

The game where there is like 0 competitive competition to be had

like real life actual money
It's nice to see that there may be a strong following for this, it looks to be a good game, and I'm glad people are noticing it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
*Spends money on Overwatch for the Legendary Mei skin*

*First Loot Box has it*

BOI. Its both good and bad. Good because I got what I wanted, but bad because I spent so much when the RNG was literally on my side and then I had to just collect the leftovers :p

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Smash 4 is getting the big stage on Sunday? Is this what actual respect feels like? This is strange...

Shame Melee couldn't also make it, though. Is the FGC still that hung up on acting like Smash games aren't "real" fighting games?

Featuring Absol from every new region since Hoenn.

Not sorry. :lol:
Fixed.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Smash 4 is getting the big stage on Sunday? Is this what actual respect feels like? This is strange...

Shame Melee couldn't also make it, though. Is the FGC still that hung up on acting like Smash games aren't "real" fighting games?

Fixed.
Not at all. It's an matter of not wanting two similar games have their top 8s on the same day. Blazblue and Guilty Gear are on separate days for this same reason.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
If I'm going to be honest, I'd rather see something like Marvel or KI take the spot over something like ARMS. Not to say ARMS is bad, but Marvel and KI are well established and passionate communities. ARMS, to me at least, still feels like some unknown that people are hedging bets on.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
http://nintendoeverything.com/rocke...e-will-be-on-nintendos-console/#disqus_thread

Thoughts on this article?

I can't tell what they're really thinking.
Like it was said before, they probably want to see how well it does. Or make a different game for the system, if I had to guess.

If I'm going to be honest, I'd rather see something like Marvel or KI take the spot over something like ARMS. Not to say ARMS is bad, but Marvel and KI are well established and passionate communities. ARMS, to me at least, still feels like some unknown that people are hedging bets on.
I share your sentiments. KI's playerbase is really passionate, and Marvel's got a larger legacy to it than most fighters in the hardcore scene, which I think says quite a bit. Seeing as MVCI is likely going to be in next EVO, UMVC3 does deserve one last hurrah. KI can likely get in another year or two if the 4th installment isn't right around the corner.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Time to finally post in the new thread.

http://nintendoeverything.com/rocke...e-will-be-on-nintendos-console/#disqus_thread

Thoughts on this article?

I can't tell what they're really thinking.
If it's true that they've had hype since the NX days, then most likely it's some kind of negotiation hangup with Nintendo.

Not sure why that might be exactly. Online play hangups, maybe? Cross-platform play discussions?

Those would be my first guesses, but they're just guesses at this point.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, here we are in the Fifth incarnation of the NintenZone social Thread - I guess it's time for the N.Sanity to begin once again, with merriment, salt and amazements ahead of us in the crazy year of 2017!

I might also post my updated FE Ballot Choices, and I'm pretty confident in Ike, so I don't feel the need to vote for him again.
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 1.12.37 PM.png

The character I voted for today was Fem!Corrin - mainly for some Fates presence in this list. As I have confessed on the Corrin Social, I haven't played Fates in a long time since I was concerned whether or not I'd find the game to be as fun as Awakening was, but come when I complete Pokémon Moon, I'll be aiming to complete at least Birthright before Fire Emblem Echoes' launch in May.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Something is fishy is going on in Weekly Shonen Jump if they are planning on canceling 6 series this year.

It's as if they were aware most of the new series (barring some like Yuragi and Kimetsu) were failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom