• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, according to 4chan, Lyn is winning this FE Heroes poll thing, and right behind her is Lucina.

After two years of arguing with you guys about this **** during Smash 4 speculation, I'm suddenly finding myself very confused about this whole ordeal...

HOW??

@Swampasaur
@Diddy Kong
N3ON N3ON
Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel
Opossum Opossum

@everyone who changed their username so now I can't tag them
Moving it to this thread so we can put the old one out to pasture. :p

People just like Lyn, I suppose! Gotta wonder how you feel about it. Didn't you pretty much fully make the moveset Project M gave her?

D

Deleted member

Moving it to this thread so we can put the old one out to pasture. :p

People just like Lyn, I suppose! Gotta wonder how you feel about it. Didn't you pretty much fully make the moveset Project M gave her?
Yes, lol. I pretty much GOT her into PM through connections.

I dunno if I should feel proud or ashamed, as I do feel partially responsible for this sudden surge in popularity for her.

D

Deleted member

Reading more Hunter X Hunter

Im FINALLY at the part where they make their assualt on the Ant's Capitol

All this hype stuff
:186:
New chapters? Or just in the Chimera Ant Arc?

Also, the new anime is defo worth a watch. I own a couple volumes of the CA arc, Togashi's art might not be the best, but man, his paneling and composition is on point. There's a lot to learn from the guy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Odd, my eShop had the Pokémon Transporter update ready but not Pokémon Bank.

I WANT TO USE IT, DANG IT! :glare:

EDIT: Found the update now.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
*wonder trading Pokemon to see if I get any Pokemon from Bank* WHY U FAIL ME WONDERTRADE PEEPS :c
Welcome to your new home, guys. Unpack your bags and get comfey.

In other news, I spread some salt I found on my porch. Should break up that ice.
Ironically I'm working on Comfey lol. Also does anyone know where the bag is that has Nebby in it? No one touch that bag if they find it. Nebby needs to stay in the bag :dazwa:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ManlySpirit
I don't recall ever saying Lyn was unpopular...

I don't recall saying much about Lyn in general. I like her as a character, but she's not one I've ever been too invested in. Nice to see she's doing well. I usually abstained from FE General because the only FE character I cared about and was important enough to be in Smash is Marth.

I'm not quite sure what's being asked. Why is Lyn popular? Because she was the first Lord lots of the demo who would vote on this poll played as, because she's female and attractive and this is the era of the waifus, because she's got connections to Smash which has spread her prevalence, because people want her prominence to raise to the levels of the Smash characters, because people like her character or design... take your pick.

Also I haven't really been paying attention to this poll. Are results so far anecdotal or empirical?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Quick question, what Pokemon not in SuMo do you think will rise up the tiers? And specifically I mean new ones, not Landourus and all that lot.

D

Deleted member

@ManlySpirit
I don't recall ever saying Lyn was unpopular...

I don't recall saying much about Lyn in general. I like her as a character, but she's not one I've ever been too invested in. Nice to see she's doing well. I usually abstained from FE General because the only FE character I cared about and was important enough to be in Smash is Marth.

I'm not quite sure what's being asked. Why is Lyn popular? Because she was the first Lord lots of the demo who would vote on this poll played as, because she's female and attractive and this is the era of the waifus, because she's got connections to Smash which has spread her prevalence, because people want her prominence to raise to the levels of the Smash characters, because people like her character or design... take your pick.

Also I haven't really been paying attention to this poll. Are results so far anecdotal or empirical?
I don't mean you specifically.

You were just there during those days. Holder didn't much disagree with me either. I just tagged you all cause well, we're like the old vets with battle scars and knife wounds, lol. In fact, only person I vividly recall disagreeing with me was Chrono, and I'd rather not bring up those arguments up again, lol.

Idk where 4chan is getting this from either, but it's been on the catalog for the past two days in multiple threads. I'm not following the poll either as I don't plan on playing the game, but seeing that splashed on the site multiple times caught my attention.

D

Deleted member

Wait, were you part of PMDT or just someone who had connections with them?
Connections.

I gave them the moveset and concept for Lyn and they gladly picked it up.

I didn't work in anything PM-related till AFTER they broke apart, and then, due to the lack of order and focus, I pretty much dropped that project and focused on more productive things.

I think a new group of people have picked up my work from when I was doing it, and I managed to convince M2K to playtest for them, but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Duck, we already have a new thread? So, what’s Lady Luck have in store for me today?

PokeBank? What!? Too bad I can't download it nor use it right now but I'll finally be able to make my Nuzlocke run in a week
Gonna use this time to /try/ to play SMTIV but I suck at it
Hopefully this thread is even gayer than the last one. And that's saying a lot considering the last one involved trying to get men pregnant. :p
I was trying to make sure all of my soldiers had holy blood but of course you need to make ot sound weird
View attachment 125324
Here's my ballot so far.
One of these is not like the others,
One of these doesn't belong.
Can you tell which one is not ike the others
By the time we finish our song.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Somehow posting this feels fitting. It has a feeling of new beginnings.

And, well, this is going to be the thread where we all share our first experiences with it! I hope this journey that we're all about to embark on is a good one. In less than six weeks many of us will be playing Breath of the Wild. I wonder how our experiences will be?
Better than the translator's experience during the Nintendo Switch Presentation. I hope.
Despite all the problems I had with the presentation, I remain optimistic that Nintendo can pull through with the Switch, even if it's not monumentally successful. They have my support (as I'd preordered the Master Edition and the Switch that Friday morning) through and through, but I can't bear any more heartbreak.

D

Deleted member

I was trying to make sure all of my soldiers had holy blood but of course you need to make it sound weird
Well, even before that the thread was talking about how scientists are studying ways to get men pregnant. :p Which was brought up on a MGTOW conversation of all things

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't mean you specifically.

You were just there during those days. Holder didn't much disagree with me either. I just tagged you all cause well, we're like the old vets with battle scars and knife wounds, lol. In fact, only person I vividly recall disagreeing with me was Chrono, and I'd rather not bring up those arguments up again, lol.

Idk where 4chan is getting this from either, but it's been on the catalog for the past two days in multiple threads. I'm not following the poll either as I don't plan on playing the game, but seeing that splashed on the site multiple times caught my attention.
I certainly remember those days and those arguments. They always seemed relatively pointless considering it was long after Ike had already made it in and Lyn hadn't, lol. But I really don't know if they were any worse than arguing over who the Awakening rep was bound to be, if anyone. Or if Roy would return. Or if Chrom could be unique. It was all pretty horribly cyclical. xP

As for Lyn, I think she's just the lucky character who, unlike Micaiah or Hector or Sigurd, has had their popularity remain relatively intact. And I do think some of that is Smash, and I do think some of that is her being waifu fodder, and I do think some of that is due to the game she hails from. Overall it's probably a mix of things. Because Project M is a relatively small drop in the pond all things considered. Especially considered she was never even officially released.

Connections.

I gave them the moveset and concept for Lyn and they gladly picked it up.

I didn't work in anything PM-related till AFTER they broke apart, and then, due to the lack of order and focus, I pretty much dropped that project and focused on more productive things.

I think a new group of people have picked up my work from when I was doing it, and I managed to convince M2K to playtest for them, but that's about it.
Lemme know when Isaac is ready and I'll be there. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

RIP missingno, but that mew part is stupid. Does the glitch which has become a world wide legend really have to be stopped?

That's dumb, let people have the mews, they'll just hack them anyway.

Especially since Bank gives Mew's Z move.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not surprised Missingno. isn't transferable considering data for it doesn't exist for at all in any Gen 6/7 game.

Still waiting for it to be canon though.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Woah; I'm a bit late. Either way, here's to 1998 more pages of various NintenZone shenanigans. :p

Also, I am pleased to see that PokeBank for Sun and Moon is finally here. Although I am uncertain whether I'll be able to get it right now due to having left my old 3DS case at home and the fact I'd prefer to do my transfers there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I checked the EOV soundtrack some days ago because the wait was killing me and now MasterEnex posts my favorite new one IN 13 EXTENDED MINUTES
This is the second random battle theme
Only EO to make the normal battle themes this good
reading more Hunter X Hunter and I cant stop

annnnnnd all of a sudden Jojo

:061:
"I REJECT MY HUMANITY, GON!"
Everything's better with Jojo referemces

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
FIRST POST LET'S GO!

The new game mode in Overwatch is cool

edit: DAMN IT!
I just wake up and check the previous thread only to notice it was locked.
I am going to enjoy that event, like I said before, I'm gonna spend my Chinese New Year on Overwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom