• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I certainly remember those days and those arguments. They always seemed relatively pointless considering it was long after Ike had already made it in and Lyn hadn't, lol. But I really don't know if they were any worse than arguing over who the Awakening rep was bound to be, if anyone. Or if Roy would return. Or if Chrom could be unique. It was all pretty horribly cyclical. xP

As for Lyn, I think she's just the lucky character who, unlike Micaiah or Hector or Sigurd, has had their popularity remain relatively intact. And I do think some of that is Smash, and I do think some of that is her being waifu fodder, and I do think some of that is due to the game she hails from. Overall it's probably a mix of things. Because Project M is a relatively small drop in the pond all things considered. Especially considered she was never even officially released.
In hindsight, 99% of the arguing and debating we all did was pretty pointless overall, haha. It's not like we changed or affected anything. We just spent most of our free time bickering over videogame sales, and "iconicness" and "representation." The sort of stuff that if I were to seriously retell to anyone irl, they'd probably raise a brow and laugh, lol. But I still had fun tbh. They were good times. Plus, it sowed the seeds for greater things to come down the line at least.

Lemme know when Isaac is ready and I'll be there. :p
Haha, I have very serious doubts they'll get anything done. They're just a bunch of rookie kids biting off more than they can chew. I visit their discord chat from time to time to see what they're up to, and encourage them, but that's pretty much it.

I've pretty much formally given up on the idea of a proper competitive Smash game, or a successor to PM to ever get properly made. Instead I look toward what could be done under a new IP. What those Wavedash guys have going on kind of interesting, but they lack the brand recognition, and their art style is.... pretty bad.

If you wanna see Isaac get done however, or rather, someone who'd play like Isaac would in a Smash-like game, there's actually a chance I might be able to get a project done in the future. It all hinges on the success of this Trump comic, but recently, me and my friend were contacted by a big-shot publisher, and they wanna turn our thing into something huge that could sell millions. No promises yet, but fingers crossed, as it's pretty exciting. The plan is to then use that and the fame that comes with it to platform our next projects, the first of which is a comic/manga geared toward gamers, which we feel will be pretty hot as the idea hasn't been done before (no details, sorry). It something really original all around, and has a lot of potential for mass appeal as well, with the right marketing, it definitely can catch on too.

And if THAT catches on, then use that IP to build a game out of it. I know the demand for a competitive Smash-like is out there, no one's been able to properly do it though. The way I see it, if you have a strong brand, and you build a solid game out of it, then you've got something good. So, I'm focusing on building the brand first, as, that's what I can do best as an artist.

We'll see, fingers crossed. Keep your ear on the ground for something called "Tiger Square" a couple years down the line. I think you'll like it. ;)

Either way, I have high hopes for the future, me and Che make an awesome team, so success is bound to happen sooner or later. And I know I totally just went off tangent, and almost sound like I'm bragging, but I'm just really excited, as this literally happened last week. So I'm just really giddy about it all, as all this was more of a pipe dream before. We'll see though, can't count those chickens till they hatch.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
First post on the new social thread!

Really glad the Pokebank Update finally came in today. Definitely going to make use of it when I have time. I still wish you could transfer items though (I want that Galladite and Swampertite in S/M already).

Though I'm surprised the Mew Z-Crystal was released this soon. Guess this means I can rule out the prediction that Mew will star in a Pokemon movie this generation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Chrono.

Something tells me people don't like NRS fighters too much.

31 people have spent money to see Arms be played at Evo

the game like 0 people have played

The game where there is like 0 competitive competition to be had

like real life actual money
:061:
To be fair Pokken was in a similar position, although we didn't have to vote for that one.

ARMS has a lot of potential which is probably why it's a semi popular pick right now.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also we have the new candidate for biggest salt maker

BlazBlue and Smash 4 are on the main arena Sunday stage

Melee and Guilty Gear are on Saturday.

I think somebody,must have pissed off Wizzard for this to happen and Melee tends to have bad history with guys like Wizzard and even Jebailey who has kicked Melee off of CEO once because a player threw a trophy in the garbage years ago

Chrono.

Not gonna lie, if Arms,the game that we know jack out, gets in over games that have been around in the metagame for years.
I'm gonna laugh. And then promptly cry.

And that concludes my post for the month.
Unless a massive spike in donations happen, it's not gonna win.

KI and MVC3 have a healthy lead and Windjammers is also up there as well as Pokken.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Out of the available choices, I'm conflicted between Marvel and KI. And on top of that Skullgirls finally getting a chance would be nice. Though damn dude, MKX only getting 10 bucks.

Again, but this is only because a ***** can't choose T3 and SC2.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hello all. As usual I am fashiionably late to the party. Saw social 4 got finished off, twas very sad indeed, it Bit Za Dusto too soon ;_;
Soooo Fire Emblem stuff??????
Lucina and tharja are the best, which is why Lucina's alt in Sm4sh that reps Tharja is my fave alt!!!!
I don't even understand what's going on with all the FE stuff XD Still, seems fun.

I'd love to see Pokken at Evo. TRhen if I ever went i could have some fun with my man Machamp.....ORAs for dayyys.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
lol no one even bothered to attempt my hint earlier today...guess no one cared...
cordtharlon.jpg

Gaius was pretty hilarious at times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom