• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You guys get nuts about Daisy too.

Maybe not that bad, but holy ****.
It had more to do with the person bringing her up than Daisy herself, I remember that incident.

Daisy is annoying though, but to be fair, almost every mario character capablr of talking is.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Good lord, Breath of the Wild is still surprising me at every turn. Not just with Sensor+ being a godsend for finding things, but I didn't realize you could also add weapons and shields to your compendium and in turn to your Sensor+. Heck, the best realization that came to me was the fact that I remembered is that:
Step 1: You can first drop stuff
Step 2: Take a picture of them
Step 3: Add them to your compendium
Step 4: Pick them back up.
Meaning that even after you pick them up, you don't need to worry about having to find another to take a picture of since you can just drop the one you picked up and take a picture of that.
I swear, the things you can do in this game without it being an exploit in hindsight is amazing. There actually feels like there is intentional game design behind the things of anything you do.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, let's stop the discussion on Memoryman. Talking about banned users in public is forbidden.

Moving on, I'm watching a LP of BOTW itself. Pretty fun so far. The story is not thrown at you very often, so it's hard to keep up with it, imo. However, the game looks amazingly fun to play, even though it looks like it can be frustrating due to stamina and hard fights.
Last time I talked witha mod about this subject is that discussing banned users is okay, just not argue whether it was justified or not iirc. I think either you or fal said that

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can safely confirm that I am having the weirdest discussion over video game logic right now.

Chrono.

I got VA-11 HALL-A on Steam recently (well actually it was a gift), it's a visual novel/bartending game with a cyberpunk/PC-98 aesthetic.

It's really good so far. Charming characters, catchy OST, super nice visuals and while there's not much of an actual plot (you're just a bartender with bills to pay after all), there's a lot of backstory for the both the main character and others you meet, lots which end up being intertwined with each other. Just a fun game to sit down and relax with (even when it gets heavy out of nowhere).

Oh yeah despite the devs description of it ("waifu bartending game") it's not a dating sim by any means. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Wario/Waluigi stuff in the early 00s Mario sports game intros are pure gold.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last time I talked witha mod about this subject is that discussing banned users is okay, just not argue whether it was justified or not iirc. I think either you or fal said that
I remeber. It was Talking about banned users is ok just not talk about how or why they were banned.... I think. idk :132:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, anyone a fan of both futurama and Doctor Who?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Well I just achieved Ending A of Nier Automata. So far in, I'm very pleased with the game as a fan the first Nier. The cast of characters is great and the musical score impresses like the previous game. This time with Platinum at the helm, the game plays excellently with really gratifying combat and free movement.

Like Yoko Taro's other works (Nier, the Drakengard series), the real meat is in the multiple ending and the subsequent playthroughs. These often add in completely new events and surprises, often flipping things you thought was set in stone. I'm really excited to dive in even more into the game.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And turns out you can also use a Great Flameblade to warm yourself in the cold rather than using armor or food. Wonder if you can do the same in hot areas with a Great Frostblade.
Edit: Well, a Frostblade doesn't work with Death Mountain. On the other hand, it does work with the Gerudo Desert.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New title episodes for the Sun & Moon anime have been posted:

SM20: The Promise Between Ash and Pikachu
Ash hears about a small island known under the name "Treasure Island". He heads to the island to explore it, and the time he and Pikachu spend there alone strengthens his bond with it. And then, when evening falls, they see a shining Pokémon floating in the sky.

SM21: It is Time for Litten to Set Off!
The Litten Ash has met before asks him for help. It appears the old Stoutland that lives with it has grown weaker.

It seems Ash will finally capture Litten, but the possibility of Stoutland dying seems a bit depressing for the anime.
So if SM20's description is anything to go by, we could be seeing Ho-oh appear again. If so, this would be the first time Ash sees Ho-oh again. The last time he saw the Pokemon was after his first battle against Pyramid King Brandon during the Battle Frontier season. It's even worth noting we could be watching this moment twice: one during the episode, the other in the upcoming movie (though the latter is a flashback).

While SM21's description implies Ash will finally catch Litten, I'm ready for the possibility that Ash still doesn't catch it for some reason. I don't know why I'm feeling that though.

And on the note about the idea of Stouland dying being too depressing for the anime, the anime had some really depressing moments in the past. There has even been character deaths in the show outside of the movie: one of which was this particular scene when Clembot died during XY&Z's Team Flare arc:

Clembot's death was one of the saddest moments in the entire series.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So if SM20's description is anything to go by, we could be seeing Ho-oh appear again. If so, this would be the first time Ash sees Ho-oh again. The last time he saw the Pokemon was after his first battle against Pyramid King Brandon during the Battle Frontier season. It's even worth noting we could be watching this moment twice: one during the episode, the other in the upcoming movie (though the latter is a flashback).

While SM21's description implies Ash will finally catch Litten, I'm ready for the possibility that Ash still doesn't catch it for some reason. I don't know why I'm feeling that though.

And on the note about the idea of Stouland dying being too depressing for the anime, the anime had some really depressing moments in the past. There has even been character deaths in the show outside of the movie: one of which was this particular scene when Clembot died during XY&Z's Team Flare arc:

Clembot's death was one of the saddest moments in the entire series.
As emotional as the Clembot thing was (hell, I'll admit I cried)...

I think an actual Pokémon dying would be more of something TPCI would object to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Quick question guys. Would the God of War collection for PS3 be a good birthday present? It's only got the first two but Saga, with 5 games, needs a US PSN account and the guy refuses to utilize online play
If you have to deal with someone that stubborn about it in the first place, you might as well get the collection then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And turns out you can also use a Great Flameblade to warm yourself in the cold rather than using armor or food. Wonder if you can do the same in hot areas with a Great Frostblade.
Edit: Well, a Frostblade doesn't work with Death Mountain. On the other hand, it does work with the Gerudo Desert.
Well Death Mountain isn't hot. The area has the fire aura that the goron made armour is the only thing that protects from it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
As emotional as the Clembot thing was (hell, I'll admit I cried)...

I think an actual Pokémon dying would be more of something TPCI would object to.
That hasn't stopped TPCi when it comes to a few of the movies. Latios and Lucario both died in their respective movies, and they weren't revived for that matter.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Too late for that. :V
That hasn't stopped TPCi when it comes to a few of the movies. Latios and Lucario both died in their respective movies, and they weren't revived for that matter.
Movies are one thing, since they're kind of special cases, but has any Pokémon died in the series proper? Honest question, since I'm probably forgetting something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Movies are one thing, since they're kind of special cases, but has any Pokémon died in the series proper? Honest question, since I'm probably forgetting something.
It's been implied but never with a character we've seen.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu did in Tower of Terror. :^)

But seriously, for permanent deaths that were taken solemnly, I don't think so. There were implied deaths due to the Trainers being killed off, but it was only for people like Hunter J, Cyrus, and Lysandre, so the demise of them and their Pokémon were kinda glanced over.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A Pokémon dying in SM, the most lighthearted looking of the series would be ironic as hell.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
No Pokemon was shown dying during an episode, but there were some close calls. When Ash first encountered Charmander, the Pokemon was on the verge of death, and while it did make it out alive by the end of it, it was quite the nerve-wracking and suspenseful scene when watching it as a kid because of the feeling Charmander could have died at any point.

But like Swamp and Golden said, Pokemon deaths in the episodes are more implied than shown. One example I can think of was when Hunter J and her crew were killed by the Lake Guardians' Future Sight attack in the anime. While we only see the humans dying, it can be assumed the Pokemon on board J's ship died as well.

A Pokémon dying in SM, the most lighthearted looking of the series would be ironic as hell.
The Sun and Moon anime already has the potential to get pretty dark though, especially when Lillie's butler James hinted how Lillie gained her fear of Pokemon:

It's implied Lusamine is responsible for Lillie's fear of Pokemon, and judging by her attitude in the games... yeah, something tells me this background that James discussed has the potential for some interesting and possibly dark plot development later in the anime.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pikachu did in Tower of Terror. :^)

But seriously, for permanent deaths that were taken solemnly, I don't think so. There were implied deaths due to the Trainers being killed off, but it was only for people like Hunter J, Cyrus, and Lysandre, so the demise of them and their Pokémon were kinda glanced over.
I just remember an earlyish XY episode had an Espurr's caretaker die (they even mention it explicitly) but even then it was an old lady, a human, and a character that was never seen alive on-screen. Still sad though.

Also kind of divergent, but I find it funny that Lysandre's death was heavily implied in every format he appeared in (save for Generations since it didn't cover that event, and lol the TCG). Manga, Anime, and Games all either implied his death or explicitly confirmed it. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Today was a cluster****. First it was Ellie that won, then Peri spikes up, and then Serena. Because Serena already technically won in an older Awakening poll as Severa, I might as well go with Peri since she's at least an original character. Sorry Serena fans.

Now we are close to the end of Nohr. Your choices are Nyx, Benny, Keaton, and Charlotte. Afterwards will be the last ever Fates poll, which will be characters relevant to multiple games likes King Garon and Silas.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

If anyone needs me, I'll be on Discord.

Last edited:

Chrono.

lol Pokemon Hunter J... She was pretty ****ed up iirc. Almost forgot they pretty much killed her off with no fanfare and is probably never coming back.

Better than Telltale.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well crap...

Got me a hori screen protector...Application was relatively painless at least in comparison to every other time I ragequit putting a screen protector on my phone...

And of course there still has to be some dust caught in it...welp it's a small price to pay to keep the screen itself safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom