• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Henry does have morals actually.

They're just twisted.

He doesn't hurt people for fun like Perri does. He just has fun killing people.

Henry knows he's weird and stops when asked.

Perri whines when she doesn't get her way.
I mean, I haven't played the game, but they both sound like assholes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, I haven't played the game, but they both sound like ********.
It also helps that Henry is genuinely hillarious and self capable.

Perri is just whine central nixed with murderous tendencies.

Chrono.

I think Henry balances out the questionable morality with charm/general hilarity. Peri is mostly yandere-waifu bait.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Trying something. Hold on.

✋✌︎︎ ☝✌︎︎❄︎☜︎☼︎.

Did that go through?

EDIT: That doesn't look right actually. Grr.

Trying to get a good sig in Wingdings.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well guys... I have an update on you about the CPSIA listing's of amiibo that are connected to Smash;

4 specific listings (AACK, AACL, AACM, and AACN) have very recently reappeared; each were certified on March 6th, which was 2 days ago. As we all know, the amiibo of Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta are still hiding and have yet to be revealed. In addition, I'm sure many of you know about AACN... a very mysterious amiibo listing that is brand new and may actually end up being a new or returning character. Based off speculation, many have theorized that AACK is Cloud, AACL is Corrin, and AACM is Bayonetta, which makes sense when you think about it as they do go in alphabetical order. I have to say; when AACN appeared back then, it certainly made things very interesting with how it came out of nowhere. With these new reissues of the certificates, its obvious something is being planned.

Regardless, I get the feeling we may finally see confirmation of the three missing amiibo and whatever that last amiibo may be relatively soon or within the next few months leading up to E3. I have a guess that AACN could be Ice Climbers, but that's just me. :p
I dunno, but BotW's datamining says there are 3 other Zelda amiibo, so unless those listings are exclusively used for Smash I doubt it

D

Deleted member

I dunno, but BotW's datamining says there are 3 other Zelda amiibo, so unless those listings are exclusively used for Smash I doubt it
Could it be three Zelda newcomers for Smash? Naaaaahh, I doubt it. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Could it be three Zelda newcomers for Smash? Naaaaahh, I doubt it. :p
We know it's Skyward Sword Link, Majora's Mask link and Twilight Princess Link though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the whole Henry vs. Peri thing, I think it comes down to how the story makes them enjoyable on top of how believable they come across.

With Henry, the thing is in his own twisted way, he does understand there are lines he shouldn't cross. He enjoys blood, but he's not going to go out and kill people for fun, he'll do it within the bounds of society and obey the rules people set for him. The character also benefitted from having good writing around him as the characters react justifiably to his actions, his supports are pretty good, and the character as mentioned before has a charm to his craziness, so it's much easier to tolerate him as he's an amoral character that doesn't stretch your suspension of disbelief too much due to having limits to his behavior and is genuinely enjoyable.

With Peri, the character isn't integrated into the cast and story well at all. As mentioned before, unlike Henry, she murders indiscriminately, will attack even allies (poor Felicia), and has no moral regard to others around her, yet we're supposed to believe she is hanging around characters that would otherwise shun those like her. She acts childishly and whines, which while it does fit into her backstory also makes her less enjoyable since bratty behavior is something that is not nearly as tolerated as Henry's oddities. Finally, she also has a nasty habit of making some characters bend over backwards to accommodate her behavior as you have things like Corrin saying "don't worry, I'll get you some sturdy guys to beat up when you get crazy" in their S support, Leo pretty much conceding to her after failing to explain why pointless murder is different from war when he's otherwise well spoken enough to explain things like that (which is strange as Laslow does it fine, but beside the point), and makes Xander look even more hypocritical then he already is in the story by employing a murderous womanchild despite also denouncing Hans for similar behavior. She does have a backstory, but off the top of the my head it only pops up once and it's not utilized enough to completely justify her behavior, so it ends up being an underdeveloped trait that doesn't fully salvage the character's worst behavior in her other supports. So that makes her hard to buy even when we understand how she grew up that way since they don't do enough with the backstory to make her more understandable nor make the other characters better understand her and try to help her, which makes her unlikeable on top of being unbelieveable.

In short, Henry worked because the character was written in a way that allowed him to be within enough moral bounds to work with the rest of the cast and had traits that made him likeable. Peri isn't done all that well in that regard as the cast doesn't react in a way that's believeable, doesn't work well with the story, and her childish behavior makes her even less likable. If they delved into the deep roots of her behavior more and wrote her supports with other characters more carefully, I think she would've been received at least a bit better, but her current state makes her hard to swallow and it's not hard to see why she's such a contested character among Serenes Forest and other FE fansites.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hoo boy Opossum Opossum @Drunkle Qrow and anyone else who loves MCU
The first batch of Iron Fist reviews are in. Warning, spoilers in the link
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...ly-iron-fist-reviews-indicate-a-rough-a149477
They are NOT positive
Iron Fist isn't a terrible show by any means; if it aired on the CW, it might have even felt like a revelation. But Netflix has earned high expectations for its superhero shows, ones that have been able to effectively tackle heavy topics like sexual assault. When it comes to The Defenders, Iron Fist just doesn't pack enough of a punch.
That's just one, other reviews have said stuff like how it's really hard to watch more than 2 episodes. Marvel seems to have their first outright bad product. Shame, because I was actually looking forward to Iron Fist

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Quick question, does anybody have advice for making a Smashboards group or general guidelines to go off of?

Specifically, stuff like making rules (some groups don't have any?), who else can mod it, etc.

Asking since i'm preparing to make one soon :starman:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hoo boy Opossum Opossum @Drunkle Qrow and anyone else who loves MCU
The first batch of Iron Fist reviews are in. Warning, spoilers in the link
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...ly-iron-fist-reviews-indicate-a-rough-a149477
They are NOT positive

That's just one, other reviews have said stuff like how it's really hard to watch more than 2 episodes. Marvel seems to have their first outright bad product. Shame, because I was actually looking forward to Iron Fist
I've been looking into this, and man is it disheartening.

Granted, reviewers are only given the first six of the thirteen episodes to review. That being said, most Netflix Marvel shows end up dragging more in the latter half, as people often mention with Luke Cage and even more so with the second season of Daredevil...so I don't have high hopes of Iron Fist being a reverse of that.

And I'm only now finding out that the show runner also did the last three seasons of Dexter which, from what I've heard, are universally despised by the show's fan base...and it's the same guy doing the Inhumans series, which doesn't inspire confidence.

Apparently the show didn't embrace the mysticism enough for most people, which is an absolute shame. I get that Netflix Marvel has a more gritty and realistic aura to it (things like Kilgrave's powers or all the Hand stuff aside), and that works really well for Daredevil, and Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage, and the Punisher...but it doesn't work well for Iron Fist. Iron Fist is a property that should be FULLY embracing mysticism, and after the MCU released Doctor Strange, there's no excuse for Iron Fist to be this...bland.

All in all, disappointing reviews. I just hope this doesn't affect the Inhumans, and hey, Punisher and The Defenders seem to be coming along nicely. Pretty sad that this is virtually the first guaranteed MCU property to get a Rotten score on RT. Even Thor: The Dark World, the lowest rated MCU film, was given a Fresh Rating. Most people are just calling Iron Fist "Daredevil but objectively worse."

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Zebei

https://twitter.com/indivisiblerpg/status/839509579306131456

Lab Zero is gauging interest in a Switch port of Indivisible.
I would be thrilled if they port Skullgirls to Switch as well.

This kills the Nintendo Switch:

5 million views son, and rising quickly.
So PS4 and Xbox One never have similar kind of issues at launch huh? Just asking really.
Blue screen of death... is really a rare problem and it considers as a defect.
I do agree the Joy Con strap kinds sucks, they better have a refine design soon, but with that I don't see myself use those Joy Con strap anyway.
And the screen is indeed made out of plastic, which can be easily scratch according to Jerryrig's Switch test video, I highly recommend you to check it out. This is why Switch is easily scratched, however, this also means that the screen won't shatter so easily. Yes, even Gorilla 4 glass will crack if you drop it sometimes.
He advise is: just put on screen protector, and also dock your Switch carefully.
And seems that the video didn't include Max's video, oh... I really hope his issue isn't common as well. A Switch that has problems of reading cartridge is really a pain.

Now this news here my friend could be the Switch killer if this kind of scenario persists. Rime being delayed and charge more than Xbox One and PS4 version could drive the third party companies away...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is Rime more expensive?

What possible reason is there?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why is Rime more expensive?

What possible reason is there?
Not sure why, I hope either the developer or Nintendo can respond it soon. I really hope it is just a special case.

BTW, I am really curious what will @Zebei 's alert box look like, I'm sure it will be flood with "Tag you in a post"...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New magazine scan about Dragon Ball Super.
Here we can see some GoD + some relevant fighters.
It seems FemBroly will have a more standard Super Saiyan form too, she still gains some muscle tho.
The Fat Buu look-alike fighter and the Ayy Lmao alien from the opening also appear; I see the latter eliminating Goku from the Royal Rumble with Gohan being the hero.

Apparently the next 3-4 episodes will be somewhat of a filler, with Goku assembling the team in 40 hours, convincing Krillin and 18 to join, finding 17, Vegeta becoming a family man (Guile_Theme.mp3), etc. So, no tournament until mid-April at least.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm hoping that the last 7(?) Episodes of the show will turn it's critics around. However, like Opossum Opossum pointed out, Netflix Marvel shows are usually the opposite.

It's gonna be sad if this really is Marvel's first bad product considering how beloved Iron Fist is. Although, I feel like these reviews are giving it more of a 'mediocre' scoring which usual falls into the 55-65% rankings on Rotten Tomatoes. But if it took nearly an entire decade for Marvel to finally have a hiccup that's still damn impressive. Especially since Fox and WB are cranking out mediocre to awful superhero movies on a near yearly basis.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Has any read this week's chapter of One Piece?

It was really good - lots of 'Strawhat moments' and plenty of hype for upcoming chatpers - but one bit had me in absolute stitches:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just leaned there is a children's toy called "Popples" that act kind of like the Tanuki's in the anime "Pom Poko"

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Quick question, does anybody have advice for making a Smashboards group or general guidelines to go off of?

Specifically, stuff like making rules (some groups don't have any?), who else can mod it, etc.

Asking since i'm preparing to make one soon :starman:
It's fairly self explanatory once a group is created. There is a "Social Forum Tool" icon near the top of the page for every group where you can edit the name, description, permissions (who can post/view), avatar, etc.

If you click on "Social Forum Members" a list of members and invitees will be displayed. There you edit member status, mod status, or creator status. There's also an invite member search bar, just type the user's name in and they'll be sent an invite.

Rules are a tad lax compared to the rest of SWF, as it's assumed some self policing is being done by each group owner. You can only create up to three groups at any given time. If you need further help feel free to tag, PM, or invite me or an admin into the group.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't you just hate it when people try to make a goofy and light hearted character into a purely tragic one?

Like, not give them more depth, but make them purely tragic.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I undusted my old backup laptop for some experimenting, then I realized that the last update was in Nov. 2015.

I put Windows Update to work, the program attempted to download all the **** at the same time, resulting in a clogged toilet situation with the updates stuck at 0% indefinitely.

I ran services.msc to restart Windows Update, but now the program got stuck by attempting to unstuck WU.

lolwindows.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Depends on the character and how bad
Things like making Papyrus from Undertale an edgey revenge filled guy or taking Po from Kung Fu Panda and turning him from a carefree and goofy guy to a wholly serious guy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Things like making Papyrus from Undertale an edgey revenge filled guy or taking Po from Kung Fu Panda and turning him from a carefree and goofy guy to a wholly serious guy.
You can't really stay jolly and friendly when someone murders all your friends and family.

Besides, Papyrus shows signs he can be more serious. He has a text dialogue if you end a genocide run on him that implies he has access to gaster blasters and he would have had to use them on you

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm... even though Dbrand said that putting their custom skin on Nintendo Switch will damage the console if you try to remove it.
That doesn't stop other companies like Skinfactstore though, a Japan based company that sells custom Nintendo Switch skins. Not sure if they aware that taking it off will hurt the console or not.
http://skinfactstore.com/items/58b90f51d3b2a0f758001a9f
ba7daaa4ebe00779ff55_460x460.jpeg
61aef69547b80fe6d202_460x460.jpeg

Wait, does it said that it won't leave glue residue? So did Skinfact solve the problem that Dbrand couldn't solve?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hm... even though Dbrand said that putting their custom skin on Nintendo Switch will damage the console if you try to remove it.
That doesn't stop other companies like Skinfactstore though, a Japan based company that sells custom Nintendo Switch skins. Not sure if they aware that taking it off will hurt the console or not.
http://skinfactstore.com/items/58b90f51d3b2a0f758001a9f
View attachment 126892 View attachment 126893
Wait, does it said that it won't leave glue residue? So did Skinfact solve the problem that Dbrand couldn't solve?
What the hell kind of weak ass console is harmed by removing a skin off it?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What the hell kind of weak *** console is harmed by removing a skin off it?
The plastic they use is weak, especially for the Joy Cons, but hey they are replaceable, so I don't see a reason why to remove those skins off from Joy Con if I don't like it. I can just switch it to another Joy Con.
At least for Dbrand's skin, not sure if this Skinfact's will hurt the console.

Downside for Skinfact's Switch custom skins is that the choice is very limited, they only have wooden texture so far. They also don't have skins for the dock, but they do have one for Jor Con grip though.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I just bought Space Jam on Blu-Ray.

$10 well spent!
I bought Space Jam a long time ago, but I still haven't watched it (I've seen the movie, just not the DVD).
Holy **** Gumball has had another week of new episodes and they've been fantastic minus one of them. This song might be one of the best parts of the show imo:

The episode this is from is also about Gumball trying to meet Mario and yes they use his name.

And then they had one joke that had me laughing so hard in another episode:

Gumball sees hector's mom make him disappear as he is trying to think of his special skill (gumball) and he says thats it!

Darwin's response is "I don't think making school kids disappear is a skill you want to have it." I ******* lost it at lol.

Now for a bonus scene thats also hilarious:

Seriously if you haven't watched this show yet, you really should, its always amazing.
To be honest, I don't find most of the jokes in Gumball funny.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Because 7 votes is too small of a vote count to warrant closing. I am going to give this one an extension of three more hours. We are so close to Fates' ending anyway.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Remember to choose between Nyx, Benny, Charlotte, and Keaton. Buy gold, bye!

Chrono.

And I'm only now finding out that the show runner also did the last three seasons of Dexter which, from what I've heard, are universally despised by the show's fan base...and it's the same guy doing the Inhumans series, which doesn't inspire confidence.
Yeah, Dexter fell off the rails by the end and the ending was horrid.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Iron Fist is getting bad reviews? Ouch.

Speaking of Marvel, I honestly would have preferred a Marvel-only fighting game in the gameplay style of MvC at this point instead of another Marvel vs Capcom crossover game. But hey, I can't be mad.

That said, the existence of another MvC game pretty much came in a very good time given just how currently hot the MCU is at the moment.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Iron Fist is getting bad reviews? Ouch.

Speaking of Marvel, I honestly would have preferred a Marvel-only fighting game in the gameplay style of MvC at this point instead of another Marvel vs Capcom crossover game. But hey, I can't be mad.

That said, the existence of another MvC game pretty much came in a very good time given just how currently hot the MCU is at the moment.
I want a Marvel vs DC game. I don't care if it's from Nether-realm or Capcom I just want one.
Something in between would be nice though. NetherRealm makes some really good fighting games

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bill Trinen is still amazing. :laugh:

I like how he is self aware of the many fake Nintendo leaks around.
This means in about maybe 7 years at the very least, we'll have to believe "My uncle works at Nintendo"
I want a Marvel vs DC game. I don't care if it's from Nether-realm or Capcom I just want one.
Something in between would be nice though. NetherRealm makes some really good fighting games
Heh, that's a funny suggestion, both parties wouldn't do it. Funny enough Street Fighter VS MK is out of the question too

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
This means in about maybe 7 years at the very least, we'll have to believe "My uncle works at Nintendo"

Heh, that's a funny suggestion, both parties wouldn't do it. Funny enough Street Fighter VS MK is out of the question too
I know. WB Games has put out a few games based on Disney stuff, so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom