• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why do you think the government doesn't want us going there?
Exactly, that's where all of the bigfeet(bigfoots?) live.

(Why have I beenntalking about Bigfoot so much anyway?)

oh, so /v/ and neogaf
Well I can't deny that by any means, but if they're that, Nintenzone is practically the antithesis of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why do you think the government doesn't want us going there?
Antarctica was a really disputed territory back then.

The British, the Australians, the New Zealanders, the Americans, the Soviets, the Argentinians, The Chileans, all wanted a piece of that pie.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm honestly not enjoying much Jim Sterling video right on Nintendo, Zelda and the Switch. It feel like there is not that kind of humor that I like about Jim and he seem to not enjoy the game very much. And if yes, then he is cleary not showing it.
You mean Nintendo switch painful launch? I've shown that here and no one seemed to mind. Most of the comments are just "this is why you don't buy a console at launch". Still though, there are some people going "phew, good thing I didn't buy this junk."

And then there's people laughing at Nintendo, so I suppose that it's at least giving non nintendo fans reason to not buy the switch. You'd be surprised on how many people wanted it to fail from the start anyway.
I feel like everyone want to **** on Nintendo right now because there need to **** on a company on until another replace it. And what better moment then the Switch release?

Really, the internet is becoming a joke to me. It's funny how the same circle repeat over and over and over again. I'm taking some opinion too much seriously for my liking and peoples are so vocal now that I can't sometime seeing the difference between sarcasm or if peoples are actually serious. So I rather seeing them as joke now to not get too mad about it.

Peoples ****ting on Konami is funny because they are asshole. But Nintendo? Well, they made alot of bad decision, don't get me wrong. What they did to AM2R is beyond stupid. But it's just....not fun to me.

Anyway, the last good game they made was Super Mario Bros 2, obviously.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm honestly not enjoying much Jim Sterling video right on Nintendo, Zelda and the Switch. It feel like there is not that kind of humor that I like about Jim and he seem to not enjoy the game very much. And if yes, then he is cleary not showing it.

I feel like everyone want to **** on Nintendo right now because there need to **** on a company on until another replace it. And what better moment then the Switch release?

Really, the internet is becoming a joke to me. It's funny how the same circle repeat over and over and over again. I'm taking some opinion too much seriously for my liking and peoples are so vocal now that I can't sometime seeing the difference between sarcasm or if peoples are actually serious. So I rather seeing them as joke now to not get too mad about it.

Peoples ****ting on Konami is funny because they are *******. But Nintendo? Well, they made alot of bad decision, don't get me wrong. What they did to AM2R is beyond stupid. But it's just....not fun to me.

Anyway, the last good game they made was Super Mario Bros 2, obviously.
You mean Jim's last video? That's from a series of videos meant for nothing BUT absolute satire. His last of said series was top 10 JRPGs iirc and Vinyl Fantasy was very high on that

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I tell you, I just saw a fraudulent YouTube video saying the Switch has problems that Nintendo might go bankrupt about it.

(Double facepalm) Haters are going way too far nowadays.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You mean Jim's last video? That's from a series of videos meant for nothing BUT absolute satire. His last of said series was top 10 JRPGs iirc and Vinyl Fantasy was very high on that
Yeah and no, yes, I have seen a little of the video. And I don't like it, satire in general is a hit or miss for me.
And no, because every time he talk about the Switch or Zelda or just Nintendo. He like to **** on it, but contrary to the other company he **** on. Those moment are to fun to me, for whatever reason.

Brief, I prefer when he talk about Steam than when he talk about Nintendo. Because while I like him, not everything he say is great or the truth. (Seriously, did he finish MGSV? Did he didn't remark the countless cut content and the ****ty story and ****ty character? Like, wat. I don't care if the gameplay is 10/10. If the rest of the game is 2/10. Then the note should reflect that. Especially coming from a MGS game. Seriously, I am reading his review right now. And despise the fact that, yes, there is problem. He still give it a 9/10! WTF)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah and no, yes, I have seen a little of the video. And I don't like it, satire in general is a hit or miss for me.
And no, because every time he talk about the Switch or Zelda or just Nintendo. He like to **** on it, but contrary to the other company he **** on. Those moment are to fun to me, for whatever reason.

Brief, I prefer when he talk about Steam than when he talk about Nintendo. Because while I like him, not everything he say is great or the truth. (Seriously, did he finish MGSV? Did he didn't remark the countless cut content and the ****ty story and ****ty character? Like, wat. I don't care if the gameplay is 10/10. If the rest of the game is 2/10. Then the note should reflect that. Especially coming from a MGS game. Seriously, I am reading his review right now. And despise the fact that, yes, there is problem. He still give it a 9/10! WTF)
That last part I especially can't agree with any more. I hate numbered scores for that reason. Not only do those numbers mean different things for different reviewers, for instance, some reviews give great games 7s or 8s because they reserve 9s and 10s for phenomenal games while others give 10s on the fly. Because of this, some think that 7s and 8s are medicore. But on top of this, people are just looking for numbers rather than any actual depth of the reviews and the games. It makes the games a competetion of numbers rather than actually looking at games for what they are.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh god
I haven't even seen Logan yet I am already screaming internally
"Gamer style killing spree"

What the **** does that even mean?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
You should have seen what happened when Get Out got it's first (and only) rotten review on a movie forum I'm on. People were pissed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That last part I especially can't agree with any more. I hate numbered scores for that reason. Not only do those numbers mean different things for different reviewers, for instance, some reviews give great games 7s or 8s because they reserve 9s and 10s for phenomenal games while others give 10s on the fly. Because of this, some think that 7s and 8s are medicore. But on top of this, people are just looking for numbers rather than any actual depth of the reviews and the games. It makes the games a competetion of numbers rather than actually looking at games for what they are.
Totally with you on this one. Really, number review are just memes now. You can't take a review seriously anymore with this system. And it suckkkkkkkk.
For exemple, MGSV and BOTW have gotten perfect review by critic. Of course, no games are perfect, and those two game sure don't deserve a 10. BOTW deserve maybe like a 7-8-9/10 depending of your enjoyment of the game. But MGSV case is a mess, because the whole game is a mess, so what kind of number should it get? Not a 10 but not a 5, I would give it like a 6. But again, that's just my way of giving a score based on numbers. But it still don't describe the good or bad points of the games. And peoples don't care about review, they only care about the number.

Really, like I said before, the video game industry is a big zombie in itself. And this zombie is going to get bigger and bigger. And thus, worse than before.

Where is Ash when you need to kill some mutant zombie anyway?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Oh. OOOOH! I know that movie. I saw several idiots saying "WAH WAH IT'S DISCRIMINATORY TO US POOR WHITE PEOPLE"
I haven't seen the movie, but I HIGHLY ****ing doubt that
I saw it, very good movie, definitely not discriminatory.

And did you hear about the outrage over Beauty and the Beast? God I hate people some times

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Think of the children who shouldn't even watch an R rated movie yet.
But superheros are for babbies who need to be potty trained right?
Logan literally has this in its commercials.

Why do people forget about this one important thing.
That didn't load for me, but it reminds me of Deadpool. A parent asked for a PG-13 version to which she was promptly denied and for good reason. Then there's how there were ACTUAL posters and stuff IN THE CINEMAS saying "Hey, it's not for kids, don't be THAT **** who ******* about the movie not being for kids"
I saw it, very good movie, definitely not discriminatory.

And did you hear about the outrage over Beauty and the Beast? God I hate people some times
What's with that one? Wasn't it that a guy is absolute homo for Gaston? Because my issue is that if Star VS can have LGBT characters (Star was visibly aroused and has a fangirl who has a crush on her, and the show tackled transgender themes) then Disney shouldn't try to make the gay guy a selling point. All my info on this is secondhand so it might just be like the lesbians in Finding Dory, just onscreen and homophobes piss their nappies

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You should have seen what happened when Get Out got it's first (and only) rotten review on a movie forum I'm on. People were pissed
Coincidentally that review was from a guy that gave The Dark Knight a Rotten review and Bayformers 2 a Fresh review.

D

Deleted member

Oh god
I haven't even seen Logan yet I am already screaming internally
And sadly, this is one of the reasons why the movie industries doesn't like to make rated R movies. Ugh, I want to see Logan so badly, and not just because it's named after me.
Totally with you on this one. Really, number review are just memes now. You can't take a review seriously anymore with this system. And it suckkkkkkkk.
For exemple, MGSV and BOTW have gotten perfect review by critic. Of course, no games are perfect, and those two game sure don't deserve a 10. BOTW deserve maybe like a 7-8-9/10 depending of your enjoyment of the game. But MGSV case is a mess, because the whole game is a mess, so what kind of number should it get? Not a 10 but not a 5, I would give it like a 6. But again, that's just my way of giving a score based on numbers. But it still don't describe the good or bad points of the games. And peoples don't care about review, they only care about the number.

Really, like I said before, the video game industry is a big zombie in itself. And this zombie is going to get bigger and bigger. And thus, worse than before.

Where is Ash when you need to kill some mutant zombie anyway?
Yeah, exactly. For me I only give games a 10/10 if there's nothing to improve upon.(In the realm of possibility, of course.) So for me games rarely get 10/10s anyways.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
But superheros are for babbies who need to be potty trained right?

That didn't load for me, but it reminds me of Deadpool. A parent asked for a PG-13 version to which she was promptly denied and for good reason. Then there's how there were ACTUAL posters and stuff IN THE CINEMAS saying "Hey, it's not for kids, don't be THAT **** who ******* about the movie not being for kids"

What's with that one? Wasn't it that a guy is absolute homo for Gaston? Because my issue is that if Star VS can have LGBT characters (Star was visibly aroused and has a fangirl who has a crush on her, and the show tackled transgender themes) then Disney shouldn't try to make the gay guy a selling point. All my info on this is secondhand so it might just be like the lesbians in Finding Dory, just onscreen and homophobes piss their nappies
They're not making it a selling point. The director mentioned briefly in an interview or something.
Coincidentally that review was from a guy that gave The Dark Knight a Rotten review and Bayformers 2 a Fresh review.

Yep. Also gave Jack and Jill a positive review and caused Toy Story 3 to it's 100% rating.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
And sadly, this is one of the reasons why the movie industries doesn't like to make rated R movies. Ugh, I want to see Logan so badly, and not just because it's named after me.

Yeah, exactly. For me I only give games a 10/10 if there's nothing to improve upon.(In the realm of possibility, of course.) So for me games rarely get 10/10s anyways.
They're probably going to make a bit more larger r rated movies thanks to Logan and Deadpool. Hopefully Alien Covenant is good too

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I always feel like a 10/10 is really something you give to a game you really enjoy and you are ready to not pay attention to the problem of the game. But the problem, is that, when you're a game critic, your job is to say if the game is good or not. You can say you enjoy it but you have to recognize what is good and what is bad. And not let your opinion take the better of you.

This is why IGN score are mocked, because the person who give those notes don't care if the game is good or not. If they don't like it, then the game must be bad! If they like it? Then it's a 11/10, GOTY, 5 Star, perfection I tell you. Even if the game as problem, they won't care and just call it peoples who disagree as fanboy or troll.

D

Deleted member

Then homophobes are over reacting

Toy Story 3 is considered a masterpiece and beloved by many though
Eeeeh, honestly, Toy Story 3 definitely has flaws and weak points. I just think it just gets emotional near the end(both when they're about to seemingly die and the actual ending), and since the end is the best part, people remember the whole thing as such as a result.

Edit: Not that the first two don't have their problems either, but I find them better the whole way through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well then, we can't have that. Which one of you ****s stole my metal pipe? I've got a visit to doooo~
The worst part is, Toy Story 3 is the only Toy Story film without a perfect 100% solely because of that guy.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Going to make this quick because of Space Design, Leo won. I don't know why, he just happens to be that good of a mage in the Nohrian family. Xander wasn't that bad, but just not as desired as the more handsomer Ryoma

Next are the male retainers, which should be very simple. Laslow, Odin, Arthur, and Niles.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Later mates. Have fun with this one.

D

Deleted member

Going to make this quick because of Space Design, Leo won. I don't know why, he just happens to be that good of a mage in the Nohrian family. Xander wasn't that bad, but just not as desired as the more handsomer Ryoma

Next are the male retainers, which should be very simple. Laslow, Odin, Arthur, and Niles.

IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE
If you're bot voting for All Might then you're doing it wrong

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen right now.

Boy, that guy who give that bad score at Toy Story 3 better run right now.

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but kinks>>>>>>justice anyday. I win this time. :p
Is that blood thine or the enemy's? Not matter, it seems you have been corrupted by evil forces, citizen, but fear not! I will scatter them about and free you from them with my own brand of justice and put an end to these raging waves!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Laslow. I've already explained why when he previously showed up as Inigo in that one Awakening poll.

Though for second place, it's a tough call between Niles and Arthur. Niles has a sympathetic backstory, a memorable personality, and is a decent anti-mage unit, while Arthur has one of the most lovable personalities and some great supports, though he is rather lackluster as a unit. I'd go with Arthur because more axe users are always a plus, and he'd have some pretty neat quotes out in the battlefield.

------

So I've been exploring Zora's Domain last night...

Apparently, every elderly Zora in the village hates Link because they blame him for Mipha's death, or rather dragging her nto the Great Calamity conflict that eventually led to her death. Only one elderly Zora doesn't hate Link though, and it's the priest. I like how he explains why: "I blame the deed, not the person."

Zora's Domain does have an interesting environment not just in its overall setting, but among its townsfolk. The elderly despise Link, while the younger Zora like him. It's a great contrast that shows how one age group really remembers the events of the Great Calamity while the other age group does not bear such contempt because they weren't alive to remember those events.

And it turns out Mipha had feelings for Link a while back, going as far as making the Zora Suit for him. Even the description states that Zora Suits are made by Zora princesses for their love interests.

My memory is blanking out on me, but is this the first time a Zora had feelings for Link? If so, I think that's pretty interesting.

Oh yeah, and Prince Sidon is already shaping up to be one of my favorite characters. The dude has quite the lovable personality and grin. I was surprised to learn he is Mipha's younger brother. I thought he'd be an older brother due to his appearance, but once I realized 100 years have passed, it makes sense he looks that way. If Mipha was still alive, I think she'd definitely be as tall as him.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Logan literally has this in its commercials.

Why do people forget about this one important thing.
because to them superhero automatically = family-friendly, even though a ton of marvel/dc films are pg-13

same thing happened with deadpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom