• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some Switch figures.

Europe has over 325,000 sales. We get that number cause that's the Wii launch figures and Switch is beating that according to NoE.

According to Famitsu, Switch has sold 331,000 in Japan.

At this point in time, the Switch has sold AT LEAST 655,000 units.

If we use confirmed numbers from these sources we get...

France: 105,000
UK: 80,000
Japan: 331,000

515,000 from just three countries, two which are from Sony dominated countries (UK and France). Switch set Nintendo records in both of those.

That is not including the juggernaut that is the US, or other places like Canada and Mexico, South America, Non Japan Asia and the Middle East.

That said, we do have some iffy US numbers. Take the next part with a grain of salt as I'm comparing a launch weekend to an 8 day launch week.

The Wii sold 600,000 US sales in 8 days. The Switch had been deemed a better launch than the Wii. So, that would put our minimum at 1.2 million units by Day 4.

Full disclosure. I'm iffy on the last part. If I made a mistake anywhere, please tell me.

What does Swamp think about this?

Swamp confirmed himself pessimist. This is a really nice launch.

Let's hope it stays.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
As someone who's actually following and enjoying Spencer's work on Cap, holy **** this thread. I'm about to spoil some **** since it's clear you guys are going based on reactionary headlines alone.

I'll make this abundantly clear so no one gets the wrong idea.

He didn't make Magneto a ****ing Nazi.

For a more elaborate version...

Due to the Red Skull using Cosmic Cube ****ery, Steve's history was rewritten to be made into a Hydra agent. Note: Not a Nazi. There's an important distinction. The Hydra Steve was made a part of basically used the Nazis as a means to an end. Steve, even while evil, was still mostly moral. He was meant to kill Dr. Erksine. He couldn't do it, so Zemo did it. Steve was never antisemitic.

The Red Skull is a Nazi. The Red Skull leads Hydra. Steve is in Hydra. Steve is not a Nazi.

In fact, Steve wants to kill the Red Skull, for he thinks his plans go against "what Hydra should be." Steve is building toward the Secret Empire.

Enter Magneto. Literally all we know is that he's involved in Secret Empire, likely joining with Steve. You know, Steve. Steve, who isn't a ****ing Nazi.

Keep in mind the Red Skull currently has the brain and subsequently the powers of Charles Xavier. Keep in mind that Red Skull is a Nazi. Keep in mind Steve wants to kill the Red Skull.

The writing is on the ****ing wall. Red Skull is joining Steve's Hydra so he can kill The Red Skull. It's not like he's teaming up with The Red Skull.

Nick Spencer is a fantastic writer. The fact that he's writing an event after the absolute **** show Bendis pulled with Civil War II has me elated. And yet the reactionary outrage from people who don't even know what's going on or care to find out for themselves rears its head yet again.

You people have no clue what you're talking about.
Context is king, people.

People freaking out about this are probably the same people who needlessly freaked out about the whole Captain Hydra thing last year.

And Magneto joining Hydra is entirely plausible too. Hydra Cap is a great manipulator, he could literally say to Magneto "Hey by the way, if you don't help me, all these mutants? They're going to die by the hand of the Red Skull, so if you don't want that, help me out a little."

Then Steve would backstab him later, pretty obvious if you've read Civil War II: The Oath.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Here's the issue with the halfpipe
It's been in FAR too many games
2, Rush, Colours DS, 4II and probably more that I'm forgetting
It's not interesting anymore and if they COULD make more engaging stages, they should have been able to by now. Blue Spheres was actually fun, hell, CD's UFO hunts are also pretty fun once you get the hang of it
Aight, this is a late reply, but like, what if, they did the half-pipe but expanded on it? I don't think it's a bad idea, I just think it's not fleshed out as much as it could.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's a comic that has only two segments yet it can make you feel like absolute ****.
Welp I hope I ruined someone's day. Farewell.
Well, he did ask Papyrus if he wanted to go

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Saw Logan last night.

The movie is stunning in telling the story it wanted to tell. Logan is broken in this movie and it doesn't stop. The plot in the movie breaks him more and more until he's become a shadow of his former self. The movie is great.

HOWEVER I have some BIG problems with it. There is a scene in this movie that I feel didn't pay off. There are a whole lot of plot holes leading up to this scene that could easily make this scene pointless. Sadly, this plot whole occurs in a rather weak second act with a ton of problems thrown out the window without them ever being touched on. The ending pays off... Sorta. It's a good ending but doesn't really outline the character as he should have been.

All in all the movie is incredibly brave in the story it tries to tell. In my opinion, though, it falls just short of X-Men: Days of Future Past's excellence but just above X2. Definitely a high note for Jackman to go out on but not without having a few problems along the way.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Some Switch figures.

Europe has over 325,000 sales. We get that number cause that's the Wii launch figures and Switch is beating that according to NoE.

According to Famitsu, Switch has sold 331,000 in Japan.

At this point in time, the Switch has sold AT LEAST 655,000 units.

If we use confirmed numbers from these sources we get...

France: 105,000
UK: 80,000
Japan: 331,000

515,000 from just three countries, two which are from Sony dominated countries (UK and France). Switch set Nintendo records in both of those.

That is not including the juggernaut that is the US, or other places like Canada and Mexico, South America, Non Japan Asia and the Middle East.

That said, we do have some iffy US numbers. Take the next part with a grain of salt as I'm comparing a launch weekend to an 8 day launch week.

The Wii sold 600,000 US sales in 8 days. The Switch had been deemed a better launch than the Wii. So, that would put our minimum at 1.2 million units by Day 4.

Full disclosure. I'm iffy on the last part. If I made a mistake anywhere, please tell me.

What does Swamp think about this?

Swamp confirmed himself pessimist. This is a really nice launch.

Let's hope it stays.
So in other words the Switch is doing pretty damn good so far...

Also remember these numbers are for a March release as opposed to practically every other console getting a holiday release...

Still remains to be seen if this momentum will keep up, but we still need to see how well it'll perform during the holidays as there's a bunch of people who haven't gotten it yet because they want to wait until the holidays...And then there's Average Joe, who is more likely to buy Little Timmy his Switch around the holiday season because that's usually when people like to spend their money...

Let's remain cautiously optimistic for the time being but good to see these numbers...

----

In other news did a bunch of mountain climbing, knocked out some shrines, did this rather frustrating but still pretty neat wind puzzle and...

*4:23AM*

uhh....crap, good thing I don't work tomorrow...I'm guessing this is a good sign that I'm enjoying the game...:p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*THE SWITCH IS DEAD GUYS*
*HORIZON IS BETTER THAN **** OF THE WILD*
*NINTENDO IS DEAD, **** YOU NINTENDO*
***** OF THE WILD SUCK, ZELDA WAS BETTER BEFORE*
*MEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES*

What I watching most of the time.
The Internet is a mistake, it's nothing but trash.:011:

D

Deleted member

*THE SWITCH IS DEAD GUYS*
*HORIZON IS BETTER THAN **** OF THE WILD*
*NINTENDO IS DEAD, **** YOU NINTENDO*
***** OF THE WILD SUCK, ZELDA WAS BETTER BEFORE*
*MEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES*

What I watching most of the time.
The Internet is a mistake, it's nothing but trash.:011:
Nintendo, dead since 1996.

...It should be called an undead company at this point.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

If Nintendo is a zombie. Then it's the most powerful zombie I ever seen.
Anyway, the video game industry is a big zombie in itself. Only a few peoples are still human at this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
tfw when you find out matpat tried 'defending' the 'Pewdiepie is a nazi' thing by taking the guy out of context and putting the blame on Felix constantly
Granted, I now know why people said that but my opinion's still the same, that it was just him being really stupid

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There's a video on Youtube called Nintendo Switch Rough Launch.

It's got over 5 million views and people are either raving or ranting.

Will that hurt sales?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Will that hurt sales?
No, it will just create more unnecessary drama because the internet love making unnecessary drama.
Gosh, MGS2 ending become more right the more time pass on. Seriously, are we going to need AI to control the internet in the futur? Will Donald Trump will launch a bomb nuclear on Russia for the heck of it? Will the Harambe memes die one day?
So many question, so little time...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh jesus I remember matpat made a Zootopia film theory and my god is it AWFUL
Crack=Harmless in it's state of origin as a Coca Leaf
Nighthowlers=Not harmless
Theory debunked within seconds
Then there's him being ambiguous with details to trick people who didn't see the movie
Can we ban matpat from youtube?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh jesus I remember matpat made a Zootopia film theory and my god is it AWFUL
Crack=Harmless in it's state of origin as a Coca Leaf
Nighthowlers=Not harmless
Theory debunked within seconds
Then there's him being ambiguous with details to trick people who didn't see the movie
Can we ban matpat from youtube?
Isn't there a option to block peoples on Youtube? Because if not, then sadly no.
The only thing you can do is stop watching his video. Even if it's really hard to not do because you just want to see what stupid theory he is going to talk. Me, I stopped taking him seriously since the Overwatch Vs TF2 video. God, the cringe level was high this day.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Now I wanna play ODST again. Don't think I have the disc anymore :(

I didn't play it as much as I should have (because Mythic Map Pack and Reach Beta), but I remember enjoying what I did.
It's DLC for the Master Chief Collection if you have that.

More like 1989

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm just going to have to post this here one more time due to lack of participation and an extension being in effect (my first one). These are the Nohrian royals, you know who they are.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just going to tag some important fans about this PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Lord-Zero Lord-Zero @Arcanir @Ivander @Chromvoy @Moydow @Shishœ

Back to ****posting for now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

LOL, I Just "learned" there are continents beyond the ice walls of antarctica

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to have to post this here one more time due to lack of participation and an extension being in effect (my first one). These are the Nohrian royals, you know who they are.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Just going to tag some important fans about this PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Lord-Zero Lord-Zero @Arcanir @Ivander @Chromvoy @Moydow @Shishœ

Back to ****posting for now.
I am important
Voted for Xander for... reasons
WVW69jRFSAwN95-6Lm.jpg

Those reasons being that Lodestar!Xander shouldn't be allowed to exist and he doesn't even need any sword other than Siegfried

LOL, I Just "learned" there are continents beyond the ice walls of antarctica
Why do you think the government doesn't want us going there?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am important
Voted for Xander for... reasons
View attachment 126854
Those reasons being that Lodestar!Xander shouldn't be allowed to exist and he doesn't even need any sword other than Siegfried

Why do you think the government doesn't want us going there?
LOL, hell if I know

The funny thing is, the only "Proof" of other continents beyond and "Ice Wall" is an ancient map found in Japan and a US admiral who lead antarctic expeditions in the 50's. He said he wanted to explore the large continent he found beyond antarctic

Also strangely, traveling to antarctica was banned in the 50's

Oooh, spooky.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not really sure what to make of it.
I just kind of want to make a story around people exploring beyond the ice wall. Although I'm not sure I can write a story without making it a little too surreal

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just kind of want to make a story around people exploring beyond the ice wall. Although I'm not sure I can write a story without making it a little too surreal
Well, you can have people exploring the archipelago that actually exists beneath the Antractic permafrost.

That's more grounded in reality.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I think I developed "my type" of girl from the Flintstones movie

Thinking about it

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Note to self, never look at the most recent post Aussie makes.

That mousepad had the rear its ugly head again.... :urg:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So the 6 billion threshold in FE Heroes was passed so quickly that they had to add to additional Grand Rewards for 8 and 10 billion votes.

So uh, thank you rabid Lucina fans, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Will that hurt sales?
You mean Nintendo switch painful launch? I've shown that here and no one seemed to mind. Most of the comments are just "this is why you don't buy a console at launch". Still though, there are some people going "phew, good thing I didn't buy this junk."

And then there's people laughing at Nintendo, so I suppose that it's at least giving non nintendo fans reason to not buy the switch. You'd be surprised on how many people wanted it to fail from the start anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom