• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Seriously Nick Spencer has disappointed me ever so. The Cap stuff, now this.

When I met him at a convention he was super cool too, this was before his Marvel fame though, and he has just had Morning Glories praise going for him.

We ran into him at Five Guys and my friend Katie sent out a text about how she was in Five Guys with Nick Spencer. He saw it while eating his burger, stood up and shouted across the restaurant at her. ''I SAW THAT."

Now apparently he thinks it's ''kool" to make characters who fight Nazis and were tortured by Nazis, a Nazi.

Shame.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today was hot as hell. But at least I was able to work some things out.

Oboro won. This was honestly expected because of her popularity. But at least Kagero did decently compared to the others.

Next we are handling the non-retainer Hoshidian before the gloomy kingdom of Nohr is handled. These characters are Kaden, Orochi, Hayato, and Rinkah. This one is going to be a hard pick for mister @Thatkidwiththeafro.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And don't worry. I will give Awakening, Magvel, and Tellius more love to the dismay of a certain Yellow Lord. :p
Kaden. He's a lovable dude with a kind and humorous personality. I can even relate to his narcissistic attitudes and his whole "repay a debt" trait (it shows that he really does think of others). He's also a hilarious character with some memorable quotes.

And we can't forget that smug face of his:

As a smash fighter, I think he'd be a lot of fun too. He'd demonstrate the ferocious behavior and the agile speed of the Kitsune, along with those wicked flips he sometimes does in his attacks.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She's the most famous non HYDRA Jew actually
Because Magneto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kitty
Also, you're a big Xmen fan, right? How good was the 90's show?
I see what you did there.

I can't decide between Magneto and Kitty actually. I like them both equally.

And yeah, you could say that. The 90's show was good, but I haven't watched it in a long while, so that might be nostalgia talking.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Discussion about our favourite candy bars appears, and then Magneto was a Hydra. We move at quite a pace here on this forum. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This one's on Omega Force considering they're infamous for ****ty optimization.

But yeah this is a bummer, but at least we know FE Musou won't have these issues.
I am Setsuna is locked to 30 FPS for some reason....

It's not on other consoles.

Chrono.

I am Setsuna is locked to 30 FPS for some reason....

It's not on other consoles.
Pretty big difference from "locked to 30 FPS" to "literally unplayable". Which was my point.

I Am Setsuna was developed with PS4/PC in mind and then ported.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Soon we're gonna have X character is now a Hydra Agent meme.
I can feel it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y'know, other than Ike Perlmutter, this has to be the stupidest Xmen thing in a LOOOOONG time
This place not liking the best candy, gummie worms and doesn't like Blue Spheres realizes that NintenZone still has **** taste.

Except for @MF Viewtiful @Knight Dude Chrono. Chrono.

Also Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei when he isn't putting pineapples on his pizza like a monster
YO.
WHO IS TRASH TALKING GUMMY WORMS?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think anyone said they didn't like gummy worms.

If they had, we'd have killed them.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Speaking of X-Men, anyone here see Logan yet?

Fantastic movie. Second best X-Men movie

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As someone who's actually following and enjoying Spencer's work on Cap, holy **** this thread. I'm about to spoil some **** since it's clear you guys are going based on reactionary headlines alone.

Ok
So apparently the guy who made Captain America a HYDRA agent
Just made Magneto a HYDRA agent
This is wrong on SO many ****ing levels, fire this writer

inb4 that trash halfpipe AGAIN
I'm baffled still.

"Hey, you know that villain we have that was tortured by nazis at a young age?"

"Yeah."

"He hates nazis right?"

"Yes."

"WHAT IF WE MADE HIM A NAZI!?!?!?!"

I'll make this abundantly clear so no one gets the wrong idea.

He didn't make Magneto a ****ing Nazi.

For a more elaborate version...

Due to the Red Skull using Cosmic Cube ****ery, Steve's history was rewritten to be made into a Hydra agent. Note: Not a Nazi. There's an important distinction. The Hydra Steve was made a part of basically used the Nazis as a means to an end. Steve, even while evil, was still mostly moral. He was meant to kill Dr. Erksine. He couldn't do it, so Zemo did it. Steve was never antisemitic.

The Red Skull is a Nazi. The Red Skull leads Hydra. Steve is in Hydra. Steve is not a Nazi.

In fact, Steve wants to kill the Red Skull, for he thinks his plans go against "what Hydra should be." Steve is building toward the Secret Empire.

Enter Magneto. Literally all we know is that he's involved in Secret Empire, likely joining with Steve. You know, Steve. Steve, who isn't a ****ing Nazi.

Keep in mind the Red Skull currently has the brain and subsequently the powers of Charles Xavier. Keep in mind that Red Skull is a Nazi. Keep in mind Steve wants to kill the Red Skull.

The writing is on the ****ing wall. Red Skull is joining Steve's Hydra so he can kill The Red Skull. It's not like he's teaming up with The Red Skull.

Nick Spencer is a fantastic writer. The fact that he's writing an event after the absolute **** show Bendis pulled with Civil War II has me elated. And yet the reactionary outrage from people who don't even know what's going on or care to find out for themselves rears its head yet again.

You people have no clue what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
How good was the 90's show?
The 90s show is great although dated.
Also obligatory:

Speaking of X-Men, anyone here see Logan yet?

Fantastic movie. Second best X-Men movie
I'd say it's the best X-Men film overall with X2 taking a very close second.

I was utterly crushed when it ended.

I pity the next person that has to play Wolverine because they'll be compared to Jackman who was excellent in the role.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, this was unexpected. Turns out there were more people that wanted Rinkah (Not sure if I should tag ChikoLad) than the others. At least Oboro and Kaden did decently, which they are both tied.

Now we are finally exploring the land of the Nohrian scum with their big tracts of land (filled with happiness death). Your choices are Xander, Leo, Camilla, and Elise. Tomorrow will definitely cover the rest of the kingdom too, retainers and all.

Let's see if the loli will wind up being popular for some reason like her Hoshidian counterpart (Sakura). :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
As someone who's actually following and enjoying Spencer's work on Cap, holy **** this thread. I'm about to spoil some **** since it's clear you guys are going based on reactionary headlines alone.

Due to the Red Skull using Cosmic Cube ****ery, Steve's history was rewritten to be made into a Hydra agent. Note: Not a Nazi. There's an important distinction. The Hydra Steve was made a part of basically used the Nazis as a means to an end. Steve, even while evil, was still mostly moral. He was meant to kill Dr. Erksine. He couldn't do it, so Zemo did it. Steve was never antisemitic.

The Red Skull is a Nazi. The Red Skull leads Hydra. Steve is in Hydra. Steve is not a Nazi.

In fact, Steve wants to kill the Red Skull, for he thinks his plans go against "what Hydra should be." Steve is building toward the Secret Empire.

Enter Magneto. Literally all we know is that he's involved in Secret Empire, likely joining with Steve. You know, Steve. Steve, who isn't a ****ing Nazi.

Keep in mind the Red Skull currently has the brain and subsequently the powers of Charles Xavier. Keep in mind that Red Skull is a Nazi. Keep in mind Steve wants to kill the Red Skull.

The writing is on the ****ing wall. Red Skull is joining Steve's Hydra so he can kill The Red Skull. It's not like he's teaming up with The Red Skull.

Nick Spencer is a fantastic writer. The fact that he's writing an event after the absolute **** show Bendis pulled with Civil War II has me elated. And yet the reactionary outrage from people who don't even know what's going on or care to find out for themselves rears its head yet again.

That sounds bat**** insane
As in 'what the **** am I actually reading'. What's the difference between Red Skull and The Red Skull? Because even then
Magneto would flip his **** worse than Joker did when that one crossover happened

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I stopped caring about Marvel's comic division since the whole Superior Spider-Man thing and Kamala being butchered

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Okay okay...

If it helps, I read several articles to get try and understand this and they didn't help.

So... Sorry.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, this was unexpected. Turns out there were more people that wanted Rinkah (Not sure if I should tag ChikoLad) than the others. At least Oboro and Kaden did decently, which they are both tied.

Now we are finally exploring the land of the Nohrian scum with their big tracts of land (filled with happiness death). Your choices are Xander, Leo, Camilla, and Elise. Tomorrow will definitely cover the rest of the kingdom too, retainers and all.

Let's see if the loli will wind up being popular for some reason like her Hoshidian counterpart (Sakura). :p
I don't think you addressed the bigger, sexier purple haired elephant in the room.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Candy talk? Candy talk.

Fruity/chewy candy beats chocolate any day. Tier placement within a tier is arbitrary. Go by the level only. I greatly enjoy A- and above.

Tier List:

S Tier
Dots and Mike & Ike's

A+ Tier
Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, Starburst, Swedish Fish, and similar candies, and Butterfinger

A- Tier
Snickers, Milky Way, M&Ms, Reese's (and Reese's Pieces), Whatchamacallit, S'mores Bar, Take Five, Kit-Kat, Smarties, Skittles, Almond Joy, Three Musketeers, White Chocolate Hershey's, Crunch Bar

B Tier
Anything I forgot as a catch-all

C Tier
Mounds, Twizzlers, those Valentines Day heart things
I need to be in a very specific mood for these. I won't complain, but would never seek them out.

F Tier
Milk Chocolate Hershey Bars, Raisinets

Not a fan of just straight milk chocolate, and Raisinets are an affront to nature.

This list is entirely subjective.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Xander gets my vote. Not only is he my favorite Nohrian royal, but he's the only one of the four I truly liked. The others are either alright at best (Leo and Elise) or characters I'm not a fan of (Camilla). He's a relatable prince who had a lot of struggles growing up, and he had some awesome supports all around. He's also an amazing unit too. There are plenty of chapters in Conquest that I couldn't clear without Xander's help. His tankiness is just that good.

Smash-wise, he'd be represent the Cavalier class quite nicely, complete with that awesome sword of his that lets him shoot dark energy beams that can even create explosions.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't think you addressed the bigger, sexier purple haired elephant in the room.
Strangely enough. There are no Camilla fans at all.

Maybe they grew out of that phase of their life. No offense, since I happen to be a Camilla fan too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That sounds bat**** insane
As in 'what the **** am I actually reading'. What's the difference between Red Skull and The Red Skull? Because even then
Magneto would flip his **** worse than Joker did when that one crossover happened
My iPad randomly capitalized the The. They're the same. The difference is that Red Skull doesn't know Steve is planning a mutiny. He serves him solely as a front to get close and kill him, taking the reigns himself and "fixing" Hydra.

Granted yes, right now Steve is a villain due to cosmic cube shenanigans, but he isn't a Nazi. Think of it like this: there are two different Hydra sects running around.

D

Deleted member

Finished Season 3 of Korra
Holy **** this was so much better than the last two
3>>>>>>>>1>>>>>>>>>2
Seriously though, outside of the two parter Beginnings and Varrick, season 2 sucked. 1 was really cool and worked as a stand alone arc(which is what it was intended to be).

But 3 blows the two out of the water with its more interesting plot than "But everything changed when the Water Tribe attacked"(no, but seriously, S2 is so ****ing boring because Korra's uncle(who I can't even be bothered to remember the name) is so obviously evil and everything goes to **** only because Korra and the president hold an Idiot Ball for too long. And holy **** is that final battle bad).
And the 4 main villains are developed and actually have redeeming qualities. They also all have an unique bending or fighting style which makes for some great fights.
Also, JinoraXKai is the OTP of OTPs

Finished Season 3 of Korra
Holy **** this was so much better than the last two
3>>>>>>>>1>>>>>>>>>2
Seriously though, outside of the two parter Beginnings and Varrick, season 2 sucked. 1 was really cool and worked as a stand alone arc(which is what it was intended to be).

But 3 blows the two out of the water with its more interesting plot than "But everything changed when the Water Tribe attacked"(no, but seriously, S2 is so ****ing boring because Korra's uncle(who I can't even be bothered to remember the name) is so obviously evil and everything goes to **** only because Korra and the president hold an Idiot Ball for too long. And holy **** is that final battle bad).
And the 4 main villains are developed and actually have redeeming qualities. They also all have an unique bending or fighting style which makes for some great fights.
Also, JinoraXKai is the OTP of OTPs
Also one of the craziest deaths i've ever seen on a "kids show"
well not exactly seen. . .

Sparky sparky boom woman blowing her own head off from the metal around her face

brutal
:061:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My iPad randomly capitalized the The. They're the same. The difference is that Red Skull doesn't know Steve is planning a mutiny. He serves him solely as a front to get close and kill him, taking the reigns himself and "fixing" Hydra.

Granted yes, right now Steve is a villain due to cosmic cube shenanigans, but he isn't a Nazi. Think of it like this: there are two different Hydra sects running around.
But if they're both under the leadership of a nazi, then wouldn't Magneto get pissed off at that?
Candy talk? Candy talk.

Fruity/chewy candy beats chocolate any day. Tier placement within a tier is arbitrary. Go by the level only. I greatly enjoy A- and above.

Tier List:

S Tier
Dots and Mike & Ike's

A+ Tier
Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, Starburst, Swedish Fish, and similar candies, and Butterfinger

A- Tier
Snickers, Milky Way, M&Ms, Reese's (and Reese's Pieces), Whatchamacallit, S'mores Bar, Take Five, Kit-Kat, Smarties, Skittles, Almond Joy, Three Musketeers, White Chocolate Hershey's, Crunch Bar

B Tier
Anything I forgot as a catch-all

C Tier
Mounds, Twizzlers, those Valentines Day heart things
I need to be in a very specific mood for these. I won't complain, but would never seek them out.

F Tier
Milk Chocolate Hershey Bars, Raisinets

Not a fan of just straight milk chocolate, and Raisinets are an affront to nature.

This list is entirely subjective.
What ARE all these things? Damn Americans having these odd names. Mounds? Twizzlers?Watchamacallat? Take Five? Three Musketeers? Swedish Fish? I genuinely have no clue, though twizzlers sound like strawberry liquorice
EDIT: Reeses and Mike and Ikes are something I have no clue about either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom