• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Anyways, we begin rating the royal Hoshidian family. These warriors are Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, and Takumi. Fire some strange reason, Sakura is pretty popular. Not sure why though.
I voted for Sakura. The idea of seeing her kick butt would be very fun to see.

"Kevin Owens aid the longer the match lasts the higher chance he has"
*looks at the amount of time left in the PPV*
*3 minutes*
:061:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Azura won, no big surprise. She did have a pretty notable Smash following before. But at least there were some Jakob fans.

Anyways, we begin rating the royal Hoshidian family. These warriors are Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, and Takumi. Fire some strange reason, Sakura is pretty popular. Not sure why though.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Might want to tag Lord-Zero Lord-Zero and @Erureido on this. Those two might like two certain characters.
Voted Sakura.

The only Hoshidan royal I used extensively in my playthrough.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
"Kevin Owens aid the longer the match lasts the higher chance he has"
*looks at the amount of time left in the PPV*
*3 minutes*
:061:
What's this "Fastlane" you're talking about?

Pretty sure they just showed an episode of Sunday Night Heat.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...mble_can_expand_the_Switchs_accessibility.php

With the Switch in mind for just around everyone here, I thought I'd bring this article to light. For all the you can say about the joycons, some of the features like the HD rumble can help bring accessible games to those who are blind. The story described in the article tells how a woman was able to play 1 2 Switch with her blind husband. It's a wonderful thing and it would be cool to see how developers can make experiences that are accessible to the blind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...mble_can_expand_the_Switchs_accessibility.php

With the Switch in mind for just around everyone here, I thought I'd bring this article to light. For all the you can say about the joycons, some of the features like the HD rumble can help bring accessible games to those who are blind. The story described in the article tells how a woman was able to play 1 2 Switch with her blind husband. It's a wonderful thing and it would be cool to see how developers can make experiences that are accessible to the blind.
I posted this a while ago smfh

D

Deleted member

The switch is really confusing me. On one hand, people are saying it's the best thing ever. While on the other hand hand, people are saying it's the worst thing ever. Meanwhile, I'm just somewhere inbetween.

For me it all depends on whether or not they get any exclusives that really appeal to me. But I'll probably get it eventually anyway because Fire Emblem, but still. That and it has a good selection of indie games that'd like to play. Oh, and bloodstained as confirmed today.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Ivander

Smash Legend
With Bloodstained confirmed for Switch, I will definitely get it for Switch when it comes out. Gotta keep tradition with portable Iga Castlevania(and because I want to support portability in general).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Got Ringo ready because I want to pop Puyos in a month.

Shame her voice needs to be more snobbier.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
At this point I think it's safe to say that Twitter has consumed all of my time on the Internet lately... except for YouTube because I need music.
Either way, long time no see I guess, except for a few certain blokes. You know who you are.

:094:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
With Bloodstained confirmed for Switch, I will definitely get it for Switch when it comes out. Gotta keep tradition with portable Iga Castlevania(and because I want to support portability in general).
Same here

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
tfw Aussie retweets a post which fuels my A Cup Angst even more than usual
But...Symphony of the Night was PS1 so if you want tradition wouldn't PS4 be the best option?

D

Deleted member

Same here
Add a bit more to you post. I'm just letting you know before you get an infraction for it.

But...Symphony of the Night was PS1 so if you want tradition wouldn't PS4 be the best option?
SotN is the exception in this case, most Iga games were portable.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I played Symphony of the Night on the PSP(on Dracula X Chronicles). :cool: And all the Castlevania/Metrovania games on the GBA and DS were awesome(and each one had 3). :shades: In all honesty, Castlevania's home is portability and on the go.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
D

Deleted member

I played Symphony of the Night on the PSP(on Dracula X Chronicles). :cool: And all the Castlevania/Metrovania games on the GBA and DS were awesome(and each one had 3). :shades: In all honesty, Castlevania's home is portability and on the go.
Yes, the only main series Iga castlevania games that weren't portabable were LoI and CoD but both of those weren't metroidvania games. Surprisingly those games were still positevely recieved so I'm going to have to play those too.

Though currently I'm playing PoR and I love it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last night we have a terrible wind storm

And now... It's friggin' snowing.

Edit: Snow's gone. It's hailing now

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yes, the only main series Iga castlevania games that weren't portabable were LoI and CoD but both of those weren't metroidvania games. Surprisingly those games were still positevely recieved so I'm going to have to play those too.

Though currently I'm playing PoR and I love it.
I'm pretty sure the reason they are more positively received is because they aren't the Lords of Darkness console games( they aren't horrible games, but I'm not a fan to the God of War/Action-Sequence approach). If there were any console 3D games that I feel would be the perfect basis for a 3D Castlevania, it would be the Dark Souls games, especially the first Dark Souls. Just the amount of areas and how much exploring you do in those games, the amazing detail of the areas and the gothic nature of the game just warrant a Castlevania Stamp of Approval.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure the reason they are more positively received is because they aren't the Lords of Darkness console games( they aren't horrible games, but I'm not a fan to the God of War/Action-Sequence approach). If there were any console 3D games that I feel would be the perfect basis for a 3D Castlevania, it would be the Dark Souls games, especially the first Dark Souls. Just the amount of areas and how much exploring you do in those games, the amazing detail of the areas and the gothic nature of the game just warrant a Castlevania Stamp of Approval.
Yeah, true, I get that. I'm just saying even for the time they seem to be positevely recieved.

Though that reminds me I'm still trying out the LoS games so I can at least have my own opinion. Luckily my friend is just lending me them. But even then, the LoS games weren't as badly recieved as the N64 games, especially the first one.

Also, I haven't played Dark Souls. :p Yet another great franchise I haven't even played yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

JinoraXKai is the best Avatar ship and everyone else can go die in a ****ing pit because I don't care about anyone else anymore they're just way too cute

God, I can't believe I've watched +26 episodes in less than a week when I take forever to watch most other shows

D

Deleted member

JinoraXKai is the best Avatar ship and everyone else can go die in a ****ing pit because I don't care about anyone else anymore they're just way too cute

God, I can't believe I've watched +26 episodes in less than a week when I take forever to watch most other shows
It's because you're a weeb, and weebs love not anime animes from America. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, true, I get that. I'm just saying even for the time they seem to be positevely recieved.

Though that reminds me I'm still trying out the LoS games so I can at least have my own opinion. Luckily my friend is just lending me them. But even then, the LoS games weren't as badly recieved as the N64 games, especially the first one.
I didn't have a problem with the N64 games. They weren't the best control style(back when you had the awkward N64 stick) and there were points where you had to have some ridiculous platforming skills, but I thought they were still good games. Heck, they play much better when you are using a controller with a good control stick compared to the clunky N64 controller. And Cornell is still an awesome character.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
****, that reminds me.

Shone Jump should have the first chapter of Mr. Stone available now. I've bene waiting weeks to read this. Can't wait to bother everyone's feed with screenshots of hotblooded action.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't have a problem with the N64 games. They weren't the best control style(back when you had the awkward N64 stick) and there were points where you had to have some ridiculous platforming skills, but I thought they were still good games. Heck, they play much better when you are using a controller with a good control stick compared to the clunky N64 controller. And Cornell is still an awesome character.
Well, see, I guess that goes to show that I need to try everything out regardless of what people say.(Though now that I look at it, they aren't that badly recieved, I just heard they were bad.)

And yeah, that's a good point. If I do play them I won't be using an N64 controller.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Some of these trials are ****ing frustrating.
By any chance, are you talking about the one where you have to motion control the frickin' hammer? Cause good lord, I was legitimately trying to figure out how to handle the hammer and what directions it went when moving the motion controls and it was only by pure luck did I manage to actually get it to do what I wanted it to do. That was legitimately a frustrating moment for me.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
By any chance, are you talking about the one where you have to motion control the frickin' hammer? Cause good lord, I was legitimately trying to figure out how to handle the hammer and what directions it went when moving the motion controls and it was only by pure luck did I manage to actually get it to do what I wanted it to do. That was legitimately a frustrating moment for me.
That's what happened to me with that one! Hate that trial soooooo much

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
motion controls
Please tell me you're not talking about BotW.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Nah that one took me one try.

I'm talking about the Thundra Plateau trial. It's rainy af and you gotta get these 4 coloured balls onto the plateau and in their correct spot. 3 are up on towers which you gotta throw **** at to knock them off and when you get them off there's no real place to get them onto the plateau except one hill is situated in a way that you might be able to get them up by stopping them then smacking the hell out of them.

****, getting to the garudo garb is gonna be a hassle
It's not that hard. There's ladders up to him.
Please tell me you're not talking about BotW.
A couple trials have motion control and using the scope and bow you can use motion. Otherwise there's none.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay but its not mandatory right?

Nintendo isn't pulling that **** again are they?
If it isn't mandatory, I haven't figured out how to turn them off. First trial I did with them(involving rotating/moving a maze with a ball in it), it wasn't hard at all and pretty decent. That one involving the hammer however......ooo boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom