• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Welp... Fastlane had to be worst PPV WWE had put out in a really long time.

Save us Mania.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Might as well get this out of the way with a class starting soon.

Anyways, Gangrel won due to the General census that he is the most welll developed villain in Awakening. Not to mention him being a sole Leven Sword user would be cool (without tomes unlike Robin).

Finally, we are doing Fire Emblem Fates. This one is a real doozy because it's split by kingdom, Nohr or Hoshido. For now, I will handle characters that can be found in both games or are main characters. These options are Azura, Jakob, Felicia, or Kaze. That's a nice range of characters even though some had to be ignored (Most notably Silas and Mozu). I will start with the Birthright cast first knowing it's the "Awakening" of the two games. Nohr shall be handled last.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.
> Sees Azura in the lead.

Good. At least they can forgive her stats.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Save us Mania.
That PPV is literally the equivalent of Over the Limit, no good PPVs at all in its existence.

All this proves that Smack Down is the A Show and Raw is the B Show.

Just like the first brand split

Save us Mania.
Could have been worse

Enzo and Cass could be your tag team champions
Jindre could have beat Cesaro
I still need to see the last hour though so maybe it can become the worst
:061:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I preordered Yooka Laylee on my xbox one a while back cause I didn't think I'd get a Switch before it came out but I did. So I guess I might buy the game twice?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Might as well get this out of the way with a class starting soon.

Anyways, Gangrel won due to the General census that he is the most welll developed villain in Awakening. Not to mention him being a sole Leven Sword user would be cool (without tomes unlike Robin).

Finally, we are doing Fire Emblem Fates. This one is a real doozy because it's split by kingdom, Nohr or Hoshido. For now, I will handle characters that can be found in both games or are main characters. These options are Azura, Jakob, Felicia, or Kaze. That's a nice range of characters even though some had to be ignored (Most notably Silas and Mozu). I will start with the Birthright cast first knowing it's the "Awakening" of the two games. Nohr shall be handled last.

Good luck.
Easily Azura. There's so much that can be done about her moveset, from singing to dancing to water-bending and lance-wielding.

I don't really care about the other characters in this poll. Felicia and Jakob are meh to me, while Kaze is pretty bland.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Just a little while longer. I personally can't wait to get started with this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
All 4 guardians are really creepy.
Can't say I feel the same. Just seeing them gives me huge vibes from Shadow of the Colossus. Of both awe and wonder rather than fear.
The dragon one in particular reminds me so much of Phalanx, the 13th Colossi and he was easily one of my favorite Colossi in the game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Can't say I feel the same. Just seeing them gives me huge vibes from Shadow of the Colossus. Of both awe and wonder rather than fear.
The dragon one in particular reminds me so much of Phalanx, the 13th Colossi and he was easily one of my favorite Colossi in the game.
There's no dragon one. There's a camel, elephant, bird and chameleon.

That dragon is its own living thing.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Question: How many consoles do some of you folks own?

I've got so many right now I wouldn't even know where to put the Switch if I had it....
Consoles only? PS1, PS2 (that's my brother's, though), Xbox, Gamecube, Wii and Wii U. Used to own a NES too.
Including handhelds Game Boy (including the Color and Pocket incarnations), GBA, DS (and Lite), 3DS (and N3DS XL). And the Supervision by Watara.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I did a new summon session in Heroes and got a 5 star Lachesis!

She looks like a really solid healer so I'll probably train her up.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As stated before, the Switch sold 80,000 on launch weekend in the UK (who is a Sony dominant country, always as been).

Compared to the Wii U, Nintendo has doubled sales. (They were 40,000)

Compared to other things....

PS4 (250,000)
Xbox One (150,000)
3DS (113,000)
Wii (105,000)

How good did it really do?

EDIT:

Seems these numbers are just launch week.

Switch could get close to Wii/3DS sales. Xbox One if its lucky.

PS4 if its a miracle.

EDIT 2:

This was a March launch and not a holiday launch like most.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As stated before, the Switch sold 80,000 on launch weekend in the UK (who is a Sony dominant country, always as been).

Compared to the Wii U, Nintendo has doubled sales. (They were 40,000)

Compared to other things....

PS4 (250,000)
Xbox One (150,000)
3DS (113,000)
Wii (105,000)

How good did it really do?

EDIT:

Seems these numbers are just launch week.

Switch could get close to Wii/3DS sales. Xbox One if its lucky.

PS4 if its a miracle.

EDIT 2:

This was a March launch and not a holiday launch like most.
What's also positive is that the Switch version of BotW was the second best selling game on the UK week charts, second only to Horizon Zero Dawn

Ivander

Smash Legend
And for my 11th set of heroes in Fire Emblem Heroes, I get my first 5-star character. My first 5-star is Reinhardt!
Oh wait, wrong Reinhardt...
Either way, he's got a Brave weapon, which is nice, an AoE Special Atk and Vantage. So nice.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Could have been worse

Enzo and Cass could be your tag team champions
Jindre could have beat Cesaro
I still need to see the last hour though so maybe it can become the worst
They turned Jinder face instead of Rusev.

That already is a crime itself.

I don't remember if the last hour had the cruiserweight match, but that was easily match of the night.
That PPV is literally the equivalent of Over the Limit, no good PPVs at all in its existence.

All this proves that Smack Down is the A Show and Raw is the B Show.

Just like the first brand split
I was hoping it'd redeemed itself like Battleground did last year.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Azura won, no big surprise. She did have a pretty notable Smash following before. But at least there were some Jakob fans.

Anyways, we begin rating the royal Hoshidian family. These warriors are Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, and Takumi. Fire some strange reason, Sakura is pretty popular. Not sure why though.

Might want to tag @Lord-Zero and Erureido Erureido on this. Those two might like two certain characters.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
First Lissa, then Sakura?

I'm convinced that these people have a serious healer fetish...

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Azura won, no big surprise. She did have a pretty notable Smash following before. But at least there were some Jakob fans.

Anyways, we begin rating the royal Hoshidian family. These warriors are Ryoma, Sakura, Hinoka, and Takumi. Fire some strange reason, Sakura is pretty popular. Not sure why though.

Might want to tag @Lord-Zero and Erureido Erureido on this. Those two might like two certain characters.
One character easily gets my pick here:

I think everyone here already knows why I love Takumi, so I'll just jump straight into the Smash-potential part:

We don't have a true archer in Smash (that is, a character who fights only with the bow), and I think Takumi has the potential to fill that kind of role. I even created a moveset for Takumi a while back that primarily focuses on his archer qualities:

Entrance: Typical entrance like the other FE characters, or he is dropped off by a Kinshi Knight bird, a class Takumi can promote to in the games that also use bows.

Jab: His jabs would simply quick and light arrows that can be fired in succession similar to Megaman's jabs. Unlike Megaman, Takumi can only stand still.

Dash Attack: Takumi lunges and slashes with an arrow. The attack looks similar to Archer Kirby's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Takumi punches his enemy, knocking the foe back so that Takumi can create distance between him and the foe.

Up Tilt: Takumi uses his bow and pushes it above him. Looks similar to one of his animations before he attacks in the games.

Down Tilt: Takumi fires an arrow from while crouching low, similar to one of his attack animations for a Sniper.

Neutral Air: Takumi punches from the front, then the back. A weak attack.

Forward Air: Takumi fires a single arrow in front of him while in the air. This attack works similar to Villager's Forward Air, except it's sightly stronger.

Back Air: Takumi fires a single arrow behind him while in the air. This attack looks similar to Villager's Back Air, except it's slightly stronger.

Up Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly above him. When used in the air, Takumi falls further when firing it, and it can lead to ending lag if hits the ground after using it. It's pretty strong for an Up Air attack.

Down Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly beneath him. If the arrow hits someone directly beneath Takumi, the attack can meteor spike. Takumi will also move a bit higher into the air when he fires an arrow.

Grab and Pummel: Both the grab and the pummel are pretty generic for the average fighter.

Forward Throw: Takumi throws his opponent over him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile game.

Back Throw: Takumi throws his opponent behind him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile. Both the forward and back throws reference Takumi's skills in Martial Arts, which his home game acknowledges here and there.

Up Throw: Throws the opponent into the air and fires an arrow at them.

Down Throw: Throws the opponent onto the ground and traps them with his foot. He then fires an arrow at them.

Forward Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow toward the ground. The arrow bounces in a V-fashion, potentially hitting the foe for powerful damage two times. The arrow will travel a certain disappearance before disappearing eventually. It would lose strength the father it travels.

Up Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow directly above him. A few smaller arrows are released from it. This attack looks exactly like one of Archer Kirby's attacks, with the main difference being the initial arrow being quite strong and reducing in strength the farther it travels.

Down Smash: Takumi fires an arrow directly to the ground, triggering a light explosion that attacks foes from both sides.

Normal Special: Charge Shot - Takumi charges up an arrow and fires it. The longer you charge, the stronger it becomes, and you can tell by how much it glows. Works very similar to Archer Kirby's Charge shot attack. During your charge, you can also tilt which direction you want to shoot (yes, it can be shot diagonally as well), but unlike Pit and Dark Pit's normal special, you can't move the arrow around once it fires.

Side Special: Aerial Arrow - Takumi jumps into the air and fires several arrows diagonally downward. This attack looks similar to Archery Kirby's Leaping Quiver attack. If you input the side special but then do a Shokunetsu Hadouken input following it, Takumi will jump backward and twirl instead. At the end of the twirl, he fires a single powerful arrow that triggers a strong light explosion when it hits the ground. This version of the attack looks similar to one of the generic attack animations for the Sniper class when they finish off an army. This attack is also good for horizontal recovery for both the normal and special versions.

Up Special: Fujin Recovery - Takumi fires up to two arrows toward the ground, allowing him to propel through the air (sounds similar to his Down Air, but the difference is that the arrow propels Takumi higher into the air, and it is a bit weaker than the Down Air). This attack works very much like Robin's Elwind. The only difference is that the arrows can spike if they are fired directly beneath an opponent.

Down Special: Ballista - A miniature version of the ballista pops up that looks similar to the ones that appear in Fates. As long as he isn't attacked during this phase, Takumi can fire several arrows at once. When using the ballista, a cursor that allows you to target which foe you want to attack. Once you found your target, release the B button. Takumi then fires an arrow from the ballista that quickly reaches the targeted enemy. Much like in the games, Takumi can fire multiple arrows at once depending on how many foes are caught within the cursor. The cursor can fit up two enemies, so one arrow is fired for each enemy caught. It is pretty hard to shield the arrows since they come very fast, but they won't do two much damage. In addition, if Takumi is attacked while aiming at a foe, the cursor disappears, and Takumi will have to wait before he can use it again, but the ballista will still be present for a few seconds and act as a barrier/wall that can't be damaged.

The Final Smash idea contains spoilers from Conquest's endgame.

Final Smash idea #1:

Possessed Takumi: This Final Smash references what happens to Takumi throughout the Conquest route, specifically focusing on how it culminates in the endgame. The camera zooms in as Takumi covers his head with his hands as Anankos's spirit possesses him. Takumi screams in pain, and when the camera moves out, a dark aura completely hides him temporarily. The dark aura then fades away so that Takumi can be seen, but you can still the shadowy aura surround him. Takumi's pupil are now red in color and his hair is completely white. A second Takumi has also manifested from him, and his Fujin Yumi now changes color to become the Skadi, his Endgame weapon. The two Takumi's will then start jumping one at a time. With each jump, they fire an arrow. As they move higher and higher, the arrows will be shot diagonally downward. After six jumps, the two Takumis will then one finally arrow at the same time, which can be devastating attack if it lands on someone. Once the attack finishes, Takumi then covers his head again as Anankos leaves his body.

I have another Final Smash idea for Takumi. This one doesn't involve spoilers.

Final Smash idea #2: Retainer Pair-Up: Takumi readies his bow similar to his critical animation, calling for his retainers, Oboro and Hinata. Anyone standing next to him will be caught and thrown into a cinematic Final Smash where they find themselves inside Castle Shirasagi from the games. Takumi then tells his retainers, "Let's go!" Takumi begins to charge for an attack as Hinata and Oboro proceed to beat up the affected foes. After a few seconds, the two jump back and stand next to Takumi. All three say in unison, "Oh, that's it!" Hinata lunges and attacks with a powerful slash with his sword, followed by Oboro lunging and attacking with a strong downward slash with her lance, and then finally ending with Takumi firing a very powerful arrow at the foes, ending the attack and delivering very high damage and knockback like other cinematic Final Smashes. This Final Smash references the whole retainer-royalty relationship particularly emphasized in Fates. The three saying "Oh, that's it" also references the shared critical quote that happens with all of the royal siblings and there retainers in the games.

Taunts:
- Up Taunt: Takumi raises his bow above him and says, "I won't stand idle!"
- Side Taunt: Takumi raises his hand to his side and says, "No mercy!"
- Down Taunt: Takumi checks his bow, then gives a firm nod.

Victory Animations:
-Animation #1: Takumi steps forward similar to his victory animation from the games and says, "Not my fault you're weak."
-Animation #2: Takumi readies his bow. The way how this animation plays out looks similar to his cutscene in Conquest. For the duration of it, he says, "Ha! I'm stronger than I look."
-Animation #3: Oboro and Hinata, Takumi's retainers, appear on both of his sides, and the three strike a pose similar to Robin's victory animation with Chrom. Takumi says, "That was easy." Sometimes, one of his retainers can speak instead of him. Hinata will say, "I knew you could it, Milord!" Oboro will say, "That's the Takumi I know and love."

He could also utilize a moveset similar to Hawkeye from UMvC3. In those games, Hawkeye sometimes uses his bow as a melee weapon, so Takumi could do the same here. Perhaps if Takumi was really desperate, he could use the the bow similar to a shinai (since the game acknowledges he trains in martial arts).

As for the other royals, Hinoka and Sakura are my 2nd and 3rd favorite royals overall (I like both of their characters and I can relate to them a well). I think they're capable of quite a lot too. Hinoka can standout as with a moveset that revolves around her Pegasus Knight traits, complete with a pegasus of her own. Sakura could have moves that revolve around healing, and she could even be good with a bow (Priestess Sakura + Shining Bow = Deadly).

I may not like Ryoma as much as the other royals, but he's cool too, and the novelty of a samurai fighting with an electric sword makes him an interesting Smash candidate too.

-----

Also, as for poll suggestions how you should do the Fates polls, I would put all the male retainers together for one poll and all the female retainers for the other. As for the non-retainer, non-Corrin-sexual characters, they can be grouped together. Here's a visual what I mean all this:

Poll #1: Saizo vs Azama vs Hinata vs Subaki (all the Hoshidan male retainers)

Poll #2: Kagero vs Setsuna vs Oboro vs Hana (all the Hoshidan female retainers)

Poll #3: Hayato vs Orochi vs Kaden vs Rinkah (all the non-retainer, non-Corrin-sexual characters)

And when you do the Nohrian characters, similar idea:

Poll #1: Laslow vs Odin vs Niles vs Arthur (all the Nohrian male retainers)

Poll #2: Peri vs Beruka vs Selena vs Effie (all the Nohrian female retainers)

Poll #3: Benny vs Charlotte vs Keaton vs Nyx (all the non-retainer, non-Corrin-sexual characters)

If you don't want to repeat Laslow, Selena, and Odin b/c of their Awakening counterparts already had poll spotlight, you could replace Laslow, Odin, and Selena with Flora and Gunter. Only problem is I don't know who could fill that last replacement slot.

The Fates villains can be their own poll. My suggestion would be Garon vs Iago vs Hans vs human Anankos.

------

On a different note, I've been playing BotW so far, and the game is addicting and fun! I'm really enjoying it.

I stumbled upon this in Kakariko Village, and I had a good laugh out of it:

Cucoos best waifu confirmed!:laugh:

I don't remember if the last hour had the cruiserweight match, but that was easily match of the night.
for the spoiler neither was really face IMO. both fought faces and were total jerks the whole way through

last match i saw was Roman/Braun. and i realized they are both the same match
both go all out, even doing things totally out of their nature. (high flying for jack and braun)

Both his multiple bug moves and are unable to keep the opponent down.

Jack and Neville were way better at selling confusion and desperation though. Plus neither of them have Roman booking

Last edited:

Chrono.

Holy **** this actually looks like something I'd wanna watch at the movies unironically.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy **** this actually looks like something I'd wanna watch at the movies unironically.
I wanna see the Stands. The Stand is of utmost importance

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
One character easily gets my pick here:

I think everyone here already knows why I love Takumi, so I'll just jump straight into the Smash-potential part:

We don't have a true archer in Smash (that is, a character who fights only with the bow), and I think Takumi has the potential to fill that kind of role. I even created a moveset for Takumi a while back that primarily focuses on his archer qualities:

Entrance: Typical entrance like the other FE characters, or he is dropped off by a Kinshi Knight bird, a class Takumi can promote to in the games that also use bows.

Jab: His jabs would simply quick and light arrows that can be fired in succession similar to Megaman's jabs. Unlike Megaman, Takumi can only stand still.

Dash Attack: Takumi lunges and slashes with an arrow. The attack looks similar to Archer Kirby's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Takumi punches his enemy, knocking the foe back so that Takumi can create distance between him and the foe.

Up Tilt: Takumi uses his bow and pushes it above him. Looks similar to one of his animations before he attacks in the games.

Down Tilt: Takumi fires an arrow from while crouching low, similar to one of his attack animations for a Sniper.

Neutral Air: Takumi punches from the front, then the back. A weak attack.

Forward Air: Takumi fires a single arrow in front of him while in the air. This attack works similar to Villager's Forward Air, except it's sightly stronger.

Back Air: Takumi fires a single arrow behind him while in the air. This attack looks similar to Villager's Back Air, except it's slightly stronger.

Up Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly above him. When used in the air, Takumi falls further when firing it, and it can lead to ending lag if hits the ground after using it. It's pretty strong for an Up Air attack.

Down Air: Takumi fires a strong arrow directly beneath him. If the arrow hits someone directly beneath Takumi, the attack can meteor spike. Takumi will also move a bit higher into the air when he fires an arrow.

Grab and Pummel: Both the grab and the pummel are pretty generic for the average fighter.

Forward Throw: Takumi throws his opponent over him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile game.

Back Throw: Takumi throws his opponent behind him, creating distance so that he can maintain his projectile. Both the forward and back throws reference Takumi's skills in Martial Arts, which his home game acknowledges here and there.

Up Throw: Throws the opponent into the air and fires an arrow at them.

Down Throw: Throws the opponent onto the ground and traps them with his foot. He then fires an arrow at them.

Forward Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow toward the ground. The arrow bounces in a V-fashion, potentially hitting the foe for powerful damage two times. The arrow will travel a certain disappearance before disappearing eventually. It would lose strength the father it travels.

Up Smash: Takumi fires a powerful arrow directly above him. A few smaller arrows are released from it. This attack looks exactly like one of Archer Kirby's attacks, with the main difference being the initial arrow being quite strong and reducing in strength the farther it travels.

Down Smash: Takumi fires an arrow directly to the ground, triggering a light explosion that attacks foes from both sides.

Normal Special: Charge Shot - Takumi charges up an arrow and fires it. The longer you charge, the stronger it becomes, and you can tell by how much it glows. Works very similar to Archer Kirby's Charge shot attack. During your charge, you can also tilt which direction you want to shoot (yes, it can be shot diagonally as well), but unlike Pit and Dark Pit's normal special, you can't move the arrow around once it fires.

Side Special: Aerial Arrow - Takumi jumps into the air and fires several arrows diagonally downward. This attack looks similar to Archery Kirby's Leaping Quiver attack. If you input the side special but then do a Shokunetsu Hadouken input following it, Takumi will jump backward and twirl instead. At the end of the twirl, he fires a single powerful arrow that triggers a strong light explosion when it hits the ground. This version of the attack looks similar to one of the generic attack animations for the Sniper class when they finish off an army. This attack is also good for horizontal recovery for both the normal and special versions.

Up Special: Fujin Recovery - Takumi fires up to two arrows toward the ground, allowing him to propel through the air (sounds similar to his Down Air, but the difference is that the arrow propels Takumi higher into the air, and it is a bit weaker than the Down Air). This attack works very much like Robin's Elwind. The only difference is that the arrows can spike if they are fired directly beneath an opponent.

Down Special: Ballista - A miniature version of the ballista pops up that looks similar to the ones that appear in Fates. As long as he isn't attacked during this phase, Takumi can fire several arrows at once. When using the ballista, a cursor that allows you to target which foe you want to attack. Once you found your target, release the B button. Takumi then fires an arrow from the ballista that quickly reaches the targeted enemy. Much like in the games, Takumi can fire multiple arrows at once depending on how many foes are caught within the cursor. The cursor can fit up two enemies, so one arrow is fired for each enemy caught. It is pretty hard to shield the arrows since they come very fast, but they won't do two much damage. In addition, if Takumi is attacked while aiming at a foe, the cursor disappears, and Takumi will have to wait before he can use it again, but the ballista will still be present for a few seconds and act as a barrier/wall that can't be damaged.

The Final Smash idea contains spoilers from Conquest's endgame.

Final Smash idea #1:

Possessed Takumi: This Final Smash references what happens to Takumi throughout the Conquest route, specifically focusing on how it culminates in the endgame. The camera zooms in as Takumi covers his head with his hands as Anankos's spirit possesses him. Takumi screams in pain, and when the camera moves out, a dark aura completely hides him temporarily. The dark aura then fades away so that Takumi can be seen, but you can still the shadowy aura surround him. Takumi's pupil are now red in color and his hair is completely white. A second Takumi has also manifested from him, and his Fujin Yumi now changes color to become the Skadi, his Endgame weapon. The two Takumi's will then start jumping one at a time. With each jump, they fire an arrow. As they move higher and higher, the arrows will be shot diagonally downward. After six jumps, the two Takumis will then one finally arrow at the same time, which can be devastating attack if it lands on someone. Once the attack finishes, Takumi then covers his head again as Anankos leaves his body.

I have another Final Smash idea for Takumi. This one doesn't involve spoilers.

Final Smash idea #2: Retainer Pair-Up: Takumi readies his bow similar to his critical animation, calling for his retainers, Oboro and Hinata. Anyone standing next to him will be caught and thrown into a cinematic Final Smash where they find themselves inside Castle Shirasagi from the games. Takumi then tells his retainers, "Let's go!" Takumi begins to charge for an attack as Hinata and Oboro proceed to beat up the affected foes. After a few seconds, the two jump back and stand next to Takumi. All three say in unison, "Oh, that's it!" Hinata lunges and attacks with a powerful slash with his sword, followed by Oboro lunging and attacking with a strong downward slash with her lance, and then finally ending with Takumi firing a very powerful arrow at the foes, ending the attack and delivering very high damage and knockback like other cinematic Final Smashes. This Final Smash references the whole retainer-royalty relationship particularly emphasized in Fates. The three saying "Oh, that's it" also references the shared critical quote that happens with all of the royal siblings and there retainers in the games.

Taunts:
- Up Taunt: Takumi raises his bow above him and says, "I won't stand idle!"
- Side Taunt: Takumi raises his hand to his side and says, "No mercy!"
- Down Taunt: Takumi checks his bow, then gives a firm nod.

Victory Animations:
-Animation #1: Takumi steps forward similar to his victory animation from the games and says, "Not my fault you're weak."
-Animation #2: Takumi readies his bow. The way how this animation plays out looks similar to his cutscene in Conquest. For the duration of it, he says, "Ha! I'm stronger than I look."
-Animation #3: Oboro and Hinata, Takumi's retainers, appear on both of his sides, and the three strike a pose similar to Robin's victory animation with Chrom. Takumi says, "That was easy." Sometimes, one of his retainers can speak instead of him. Hinata will say, "I knew you could it, Milord!" Oboro will say, "That's the Takumi I know and love."

He could also utilize a moveset similar to Hawkeye from UMvC3. In those games, Hawkeye sometimes uses his bow as a melee weapon, so Takumi could do the same here. Perhaps if Takumi was really desperate, he could use the the bow similar to a shinai (since the game acknowledges he trains in martial arts).

As for the other royals, Hinoka and Sakura are my 2nd and 3rd favorite royals overall (I like both of their characters and I can relate to them a well). I think they're capable of quite a lot too. Hinoka can standout as with a moveset that revolves around her Pegasus Knight traits, complete with a pegasus of her own. Sakura could have moves that revolve around healing, and she could even be good with a bow (Priestess Sakura + Shining Bow = Deadly).

I may not like Ryoma as much as the other royals, but he's cool too, and the novelty of a samurai fighting with an electric sword makes him an interesting Smash candidate too.

-----

Also, as for poll suggestions how you should do the Fates polls, I would put all the male retainers together for one poll and all the female retainers for the other. As for the non-retainer, non-Corrin-sexual characters, they can be grouped together. Here's a visual what I mean all this:

Poll #1: Saizo vs Azama vs Hinata vs Subaki (all the Hoshidan male retainers)

Poll #2: Kagero vs Setsuna vs Oboro vs Hana (all the Hoshidan female retainers)

Poll #3: Hayato vs Orochi vs Kaden vs Rinkah (all the non-retainer, non-Corrin-sexual characters)

And when you do the Nohrian characters, similar idea:

Poll #1: Laslow vs Odin vs Niles vs Arthur (all the Nohrian male retainers)

Poll #2: Peri vs Beruka vs Selena vs Effie (all the Nohrian female retainers)

Poll #3: Benny vs Charlotte vs Keaton vs Nyx (all the non-retainer, non-Corrin-sexual characters)

If you don't want to repeat Laslow, Selena, and Odin b/c of their Awakening counterparts already had poll spotlight, you could replace Laslow, Odin, and Selena with Flora and Gunter. Only problem is I don't know who could fill that last replacement slot.

The Fates villains can be their own poll. My suggestion would be Garon vs Iago vs Hans vs human Anankos.

------

On a different note, I've been playing BotW so far, and the game is addicting and fun! I'm really enjoying it.

I stumbled upon this in Kakariko Village, and I had a good laugh out of it:

Cucoos best waifu confirmed!:laugh:
Crickey, that's quite the mouth full mate. But I can't really blame you since you are passionate about Takumi (even I wouldn't mind the pretty bloke in Smash). Sorry, that was the fangirl in me speaking. Love the moveset by the way.

But those match-ups, you definitely have Mr covered and I agree with alll of them. That only make these next few days less difficult on deciding characters. I know who do next thanks to you mate.

Nice. Not to mention Ryona is doing good now. So you can stop with the healer hate Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan . :p

D

Deleted member

Well that's no surpise. A lot of you guys here would marry the JoJo franchise if you could. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean
Have you SEEN Joeseph Joestar? Best husbando
The franchise as I whole is what I mean.

As for the characters(such as the Joestars), I haven't even watched JoJo but ummm, @Shishœ knows how I feel about the characters. :p

(At least I'm honest.)

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dio and Kars are the best husbandos.

There, I said it.

D

Deleted member

Dio and Kars are the best husbandos.

There, I said it.
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean though. :p If I recall correctly, what I mentioned to him that Kars has some pretty hot fan art TBH. Dio does too, though I didn't mention that.

And I'm not saying this with any irony BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom