• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...You know, when you're that high profile of a content creator, you really do need to look past the goddamn surface. He has so much influence over people's opinions that I'd argue this kind of thing is outright irresponsible.
What makes it worse is although he does have other complaints "weapons break every 2 seconds" and what not, he ended the series of tweets by saying he's just gonna play OoT again. He got angry at Arin when they played LTTP because Arin criticized OoT iirc, and Jon's terrible 'overrated games' list from YEARS ago had LOTS of people point out that his favourite game was OoT, a game notorious for being overrated as the years went on
Ooooooh THAT gif. And I do kind of miss having it around here.

And I get what you mean. Touching is the best thing I do with these fingers and not tiring them out.
I hope for Azure's sake he isn't a chubby guy or otherwise Aussie will turn into a classic Zelda boss. Who exactly?
Manhandla

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Jontron is an idiot
"No iconic music so far, just ambient forest and light piano, just not what I would've wanted from a Zelda game tbh" His criticism on BotW. As in, "I didn't get past the tutorial yet so I'm disappointed the game didn't throw everything in my face immediately"
This explains a lot on Game Grumps tbh
What makes it worse is although he does have other complaints "weapons break every 2 seconds" and what not, he ended the series of tweets by saying he's just gonna play OoT again. He got angry at Arin when they played LTTP because Arin criticized OoT iirc, and Jon's terrible 'overrated games' list from YEARS ago had LOTS of people point out that his favourite game was OoT, a game notorious for being overrated as the years went on

I hope for Azure's sake he isn't a chubby guy or otherwise Aussie will turn into a classic Zelda boss. Who exactly?
Manhandla
Really....?
You know, I was expecting a little more from the guy who make the most funny memes of the internet. Hell, the most funny videos of the internet I would say! He sound like a arrogant child who say that everything was better before and instead of giving the game a fair chance. He is just gonna play for the 100 times a game he like because, hey, this game is atleast the game he want! Right?
Gosh, I hate those peoples, and I hate seeing Jontron being one of them. Tough, he kinda is becoming a shadow of his former self as time is passing on. 'guess that's the game grumps curse.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Jontron is an idiot
"No iconic music so far, just ambient forest and light piano, just not what I would've wanted from a Zelda game tbh" His criticism on BotW. As in, "I didn't get past the tutorial yet so I'm disappointed the game didn't throw everything in my face immediately"
This explains a lot on Game Grumps tbh
All I read in it that the music (and the game probably) is not his cup of tea.
Which is fair enough imo.

BoTW is a different kind of Zelda, so instead of going for an action-packed soundtrack like they usually do, they went for a more ambient one. A action-y soundtrack would wear down the player really quickly given how much time is spent exploring.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Manhandla
Too late. He's big as it gets. So you know what that means.

It's Manhandla Time! :evil:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Really....?
You know, I was expecting a little more from the guy who make the most funny memes of the internet. Hell, the most funny videos of the internet I would say! He sound like a arrogant child who say that everything was better before and instead of giving the game a fair chance. He is just gonna play for the 100 times a game he like because, hey, this game is atleast the game he want! Right?
Gosh, I hate those peoples, and I hate seeing Jontron being one of them. Tough, he kinda is becoming a shadow of his former self as time is passing on. 'guess that's the game grumps curse.
I remember a tweet I saw a while ago, it's funny when you compare Jon and Arin's career post Danny. Arin? Met quite a few celebrities and got them on his videos alongside being happily married. Jon? He 'stood up against teh eevul esjaydoubleyuus' by spouting nonsense

BoTW is a different kind of Zelda, so instead of going for an action-packed soundtrack like they usually do, they went for a more ambient one. A action-y soundtrack would wear down the player really quickly given how much time is spent exploring.
You'd be right if he didn't blatantly admit he can't be arsed to beat the goddamn tutorial before playing OoT again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Computers are being taught to play Melee and are beating real people:

Let's teach Watson to play.

D

Deleted member

Ooooooh THAT gif. And I do kind of miss having it around here.

And I get what you mean. Touching is the best thing I do with these fingers and not tiring them out.
At least someone like me is safe from Katsuragi's fingers. :troll:

....which is kind of bittersweet.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You'd be right if he didn't blatantly admit he can't be arsed to beat the goddamn tutorial before playing OoT again
Then, what does this mean?

"I'm past the first part"

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's a shame because you do get those later in the game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I remember a tweet I saw a while ago, it's funny when you compare Jon and Arin's career post Danny. Arin? Met quite a few celebrities and got them on his videos alongside being happily married. Jon? He 'stood up against teh eevul esjaydoubleyuus' by spouting nonsense

What I meant to say is that, both Arin and Jon started after somewhile to become what they would hate. Arin was seen before as a great guy who could understand game design and was just in general pretty funny. Now? He is a jerk who is ruining Game Grumps due to this **** poopy "joke" he made every time and remember that bit of game design I said earlier? Well, I don't know if he knowed that much before or not, but now, he can't play a damn game without complaining and saying that the game is bad because he lose to a easy enemy due to the fact he didn't bother to learn the control. (Just watch his let's play of OOT and Mario 64 if you haven't. It show EVERYTHING that I said and more).
Now, I fear that Jon also become the opposite of what he was and become another asshole who is going to talk high because he can and put his opinion into peoples face so that they understand what a bad or a good game is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then, what does this mean?

"I'm past the first part"
It contradicts the rest of his posts
What I meant to say is that, both Arin and Jon started after somewhile to become what they would hate. Arin was seen before as a great guy who could understand game design and was just in general pretty funny. Now? He is a jerk who is ruining Game Grumps due to this **** poopy "joke" he made every time and remember that bit of game design I said earlier? Well, I don't know if he knowed that much before or not, but now, he can't play a damn game without complaining and saying that the game is bad because he lose to a easy enemy due to the fact he didn't bother to learn the control. (Just watch his let's play of OOT and Mario 64 if you haven't. It show EVERYTHING that I said and more).
Now, I fear that Jon also become the opposite of what he was and become another ******* who is going to talk high because he can and put his opinion into peoples face so that they understand what a bad or a good game is.
It's funny how they became the opposites of each other
Arin Hanson: Swell guy
Egoraptor: Yells at the game for his mistakes
Jontron: Entertainer who's made great stuff
Jon Jafari: ****

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It contradicts the rest of his posts

It's funny how they became the opposites of each other
Arin Hanson: Swell guy
Egoraptor: Yells at the game for his mistakes
Jontron: Entertainer who's made great stuff
Jon Jafari: ****
I tell you, the Game Grumps Curse. It's worse than a bad Naruto/One Piece AMV.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My computer glitched and did a weird thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Computers are being taught to play Melee and are beating real people:

Let's teach Watson to play.
Dem dislikes though.
IMG_2509.PNG

My computer glitched and did a weird thing.
What kind of weird thing? For instance, like the time I shared those screenshots and smashboards looked glitched out, it was amazing.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Jon Jafari is just JonTron's evil persona. :gova:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I physically got cancer and gonorrhea at the same time
With a side order of Tuberculosis.

I would say it's a waste of money. But if someone is stupid enough to spend thousands of dollars on an intentionally broken system, I guess there's money to be had in it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I somehow got my bow stuck to where it's always in first person in Breath of the Wild. Anyone know how to fix this? It zooms in WAY too far and it's harder to control.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I'll be. I didn't think it would be that ambient.

The songs are beautiful, but the battle music pieces are too calm.
Like, Bravely Default's city music themes are more intense than the boss music here. They kinda went overboard.
To be fair.

I picked the most ambient one cause I like it the most.

Here's are some more upbeat ones.

EDIT: Added three more songs.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be fair.

I picked the most ambient one.

Here's are some more upbeat ones.

I said that after listening to all the BoTW songs in the channel, not just your post.

Compare it to

It feels lacking in adrenaline imho.

EDIT: ....My apologies for killing the activity.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I was sniffing distance to Hyrule Castle. Literally every monster is a lizalfos or arnoured one. Also found a Hinox.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh lord I just discovered a wall that you can clip right through in Breath of the Wild. Aunuma San, I thought you promised we could climb anywhere we liked!

A shame I didn't have my network on or else I would have taken a screenshot of it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

After hours of on and off playing I finally won a match against the AI in PPT.

On a side note I am total garbage at Puyo Puyo mode. #Tetris4Lyf

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The talk is on Breath of the Wild now, but I got Pokemon Moon today. My Popplio is hasty.
Yun Yang (Level 7)
Get Pecked (Level 5)
OU (Level 7)
Super String (Level 3)
Baby Seal (Level 9)
Flyingbug (Level 2)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ranulf won for two big reasons. He's a cat and I such at Laguz selections. But this time will be different and I can learn from my mistakes.

As previously stated, Awakening is big enough for old fans and new fans, so five polls for this one game can suffice. I'll kick things off with Chrom, Frederick, Sumia, and Cordelia. Sounds basic, but more unique selections will happen soon.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Vote well fellow Fire Emblem fans
@Lord-Zero FalKoopa FalKoopa @Shishœ Erureido Erureido Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen @Chromvoy @Chromfirmed @Arcanir @Ivander Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @Moydow @Coricus Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo @Xeno VII @AmericanDJ @EnGarde Opossum Opossum NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Strider_Bond00J @zeldasmash @Prince Alucard @Bandana Dee3 Champ Gold Champ Gold @♫ ~Autumn (Your name is far too hard to tag these days).

Few, that was a lot of work. Time to continue with my Pacifist Run.
Chrom gets my pick any day. Time to give the man the respect he deserves!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a pretty cool Easter Egg to see:

I wonder if there's any others hiding in the switch or products related to it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
No need to say who won because anything can change. In other words, those Chrom fans don't know when to give up and for good reasons.

On to the second poll with more fan favorite characters. We are dealing with Lon'qu, Olivia, Tharja, and Gaius (Who I know @Ivander) is excited for. That makes enough unique units from a dancer to a thief.

This is very good. Keep up the good work mates.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No need to say who won because anything can change. In other words, those Chrom fans don't know when to give up and for good reasons.

On to the second poll with more fan favorite characters. We are dealing with Lon'qu, Olivia, Tharja, and Gaius (Who I know @Ivander) is excited for. That makes enough unique units from a dancer to a thief.

This is very good. Keep up the good work mates.
Remember when Tharja's trophy was possibly removed for censorship reasons?

Her outfit will have to be toned down and a lot of her fans won't like that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember when Tharja's trophy was possibly removed for censorship reasons?

Her outfit will have to be toned down and a lot of her fans won't like that.
Bayonetta says hi!

And honestly, the best thing they can do is make "short like" leggings appear where her thighs are. Then she won't be too much for the A/Pegi +12/E+10 Rating.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Man I was sniffing distance to Hyrule Castle. Literally every monster is a lizalfos or arnoured one. Also found a Hinox.
I found lizalfos but not one Hinox

I did kill a few Guardians and let me tell you, its so satifying
I said that after listening to all the BoTW songs in the channel, not just your post.

Compare it to

It feels lacking in adrenaline imho.

EDIT: ....My apologies for killing the activity.
I think the main difference is one is an open world rpg and one is not

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bayonetta says hi!

And honestly, the best thing they can do is make "short like" leggings appear where her thighs are. Then she won't be too much for the A/Pegi +12/E+10 Rating.
Yeah, I'm well aware that the possibilities are there. The Japanese CERO had being getting far stricter lately, hence the sudden move from T to E+10 with Smash 4 compared to Brawl and Melee.

Imagine the rage if they dare gave Tharja any short-like leggings for her black leotard. But then again, Bayonetta fans can deal with a "nerfed" Bayonetta as long as she's playable in Smash (Few partial nudity, Don't **** with a witch, etc).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since I posted that murdered Switch eBay thing, bidding went up $3,600 (now $14,700).

I feel dead inside. And I wish I had that much money floating around (but not to buy something this stupid).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom