• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

FB_IMG_14887188859940864.jpg

I've seen these people in this thread
You know who you are
If you lose in an RPG, its because you're underleveled.
Tell that to my Lv99 retired party who keeps getting their ass kicked by Ur-Child because **** THIS BULL**** COUNTER AND ETERNAL EXODUS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE THIS **** YOU ATLUS

D

Deleted member

Remember when Robin Williams died in 2014 people made requests to Nintendo for making a tribute to him in this BotW game?

Well...
As far as I read the latest spoilers, it seems there isn't any form of tribute to him in any form whatsoever.

Some people would still say the fact there's still a character named after his daughter counts as one...

And I haven't noticed any form of tribute to Iwata either, unless he is still quoted as executive producer along with Kimishima, like for Star Fox Zero. EDIT: There's one actually, right.

EDIT²:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 126780
I've seen these people in this thread
You know who you are

Tell that to my Lv99 retired party who keeps getting their *** kicked by Ur-Child because **** THIS BULL**** COUNTER AND ETERNAL EXODUS HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE THIS **** YOU ATLUS
That's an Atlus game and if you're 99, it's probably a super boss that's optional or the final boss. Jon ragequit because of a MIDboss

D

Deleted member

That's an Atlus game and if you're 99, it's probably a super boss that's optional or the final boss. Jon ragequit because of a MIDboss
I know that, but saying it means you're underleveled isn't right
And yes, Ur-Child is the super boss and god this isn't even the hardest of Atlus's bosses
And then there's Ur-Devip and let ne tell you, ha ha, that guy is a whole other can full of 'nope'

D

Deleted member

Holy **** this is 2 years old
This is the best SU-related video and no one can convince me otherwise
But Swamp was
Not the part to which I replied
Like, goddamnit, why are we even having this argument? This is why we got divorced, Gwen, it's all your fault!

D

Deleted member

10/10 is the highest recommendation.

Not perfection.
People have literally used the word "flawless" when referring to BotW in their reviews.

It's certainly not flawless. I'll make a proper review in due time. But yeah, the combat leaves much to be desired, and the inability to repair and upgrade your weapons is downright dumb.

On the plus side, the level design is great, I love the actual design of the world, and how intricate it all is. And the aesthetic is 10/10. Kakariko Village in particular has stood out to me. I just feel a lot of it goes to waste with many of the design choices made by the dev team though, most notably getting rid of the heart containers, and using those towers to gain a map. It should have been more like Xenoblade Chronicles, where you map out the region by walking around, and discover landmarks. Ubisoft Towers are one of the WORST aspects of modern OW games.

D

Deleted member

Christ, Logan is getting praise left and right. Can't believe so many people like Power Rangers
Red Ranger 4 laif.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the very first show I really got into when I was like 4 years old, I still remember watching it, and getting the toys, and all the commercials, etc... And tbh, that's probably THE coolest **** you could ever show a little kid. It's like a combination of everything young boys think is cool. Dinosaurs, Giant Robots and monsters, superheroes fighting with martial arts, and bear in mind, back in the 90s NOTHING like this really existed. For a kids show, I have to admit, Power Rangers is really ****ing rad.

After MMPR I watched the Power Rangers on an off until Lightspeed Rescue, which I think had the best Red Ranger ever. I remember him being a badass who just charged headfirst into danger. I also remember watching the 2nd half of Dino Thunder, cause my younger brother got into it then.

It's also funny, as, thanks to MMPR, I've been pretty much watching Japanese shows since as far as I can remember. As after PR, I got into Dragonball, and the Dragonball Z, and then Pokemon, and then Digimon, etc... etc... I've never NOT watched a Japanese show.

Chrono.

Shots to the head are no joke even in BOTW.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Red Ranger 4 laif.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the very first show I really got into when I was like 4 years old, I still remember watching it, and getting the toys, and all the commercials, etc... And tbh, that's probably THE coolest **** you could ever show a little kid. It's like a combination of everything young boys think is cool. Dinosaurs, Giant Robots and monsters, superheroes fighting with martial arts, and bear in mind, back in the 90s NOTHING like this really existed. For a kids show, I have to admit, Power Rangers is really ****ing rad.

After MMPR I watched the Power Rangers on an off until Lightspeed Rescue, which I think had the best Red Ranger ever. I remember him being a badass who just charged headfirst into danger. I also remember watching the 2nd half of Dino Thunder, cause my younger brother got into it then.

It's also funny, as, thanks to MMPR, I've been pretty much watching Japanese shows since as far as I can remember. As after PR, I got into Dragonball, and the Dragonball Z, and then Pokemon, and then Digimon, etc... etc... I've never NOT watched a Japanese show.
Man, if I can get such a detailed gushy post from you when ****posting about Wolverine's MVC3 theme, I wonder what would have happened had I posted a trailer of the actual Power Rangers movie that's out in a few weeks

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
JonTron on Breath of the Wild

"Breath of the wild is pretty fun at first, but I'm past the first part and I can't really find the motivation to play it"

"LOOK ILL PLAY MORE OF THE GAME YOU HEATHENS -- will report back with more old man screams"

"You would swear that Nintendo has replaced Christianity in our modern society LOL"

As someone that doesn't have the game, how accurate?

"It's no doubt beautiful, and the nature effects are really cool...but weapons breaking every 2 seconds, constantly running against cliffs.."
He gave up too soon. I don't think the game is his cup of eggnog, tbh.

Ivander

Smash Legend

"It's no doubt beautiful, and the nature effects are really cool...but weapons breaking every 2 seconds, constantly running against cliffs.."
Some weapons do break fast, like the Bokoblin skeleton arms, but I honestly don't see it as a problem when I find myself having not enough room for weapons plenty of times. The game gives you plenty of weapons. I don't think running out of weapons is the worrying part. I think it's more of the part where you find a good weapon, but you don't have enough room and you have to choose to discard something if you want to have that weapon.

I don't know what he means about the cliffs part, since I haven't found myself having trouble with cliffs so far. Unless he's talking about walls(like the ones in the shrines) and how sometimes Link won't always grab the edge to climb up despite it looking like Link should be able to grab the edge.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
JonTron on Breath of the Wild

"Breath of the wild is pretty fun at first, but I'm past the first part and I can't really find the motivation to play it"

"LOOK ILL PLAY MORE OF THE GAME YOU HEATHENS -- will report back with more old man screams"

"You would swear that Nintendo has replaced Christianity in our modern society LOL"

I've had the same hammer for atleast an hour.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So um Tharja literally blew my expectations. Not only there was a total of 50 votes between everyone, but she got the most of them. I guess no one should underestimate her massive popularity (@WhiteEaglePL).

Anyways, this this poll will be all about the children from the future. But mostly the popular ones plus the canon child of Robin. They are Morgan, Owain, Inigo, and Severa.

Choose wisely and have fun. There should be about two more polls left until we move on to the latest saga Fates. I'm quite excited myself.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So um Tharja literally blew my expectations. Not only there was a total of 50 votes between everyone, but she got the most of them. I guess no one should underestimate her massive popularity (@WhiteEaglePL).

Anyways, this this poll will be all about the children from the future. But mostly the popular ones plus the canon child of Robin. They are Morgan, Owain, Inigo, and Severa.

Choose wisely and have fun. There should be about two more polls left until we move on to the latest saga Fates. I'm quite excited myself.
Inb4 the Sword Hand Twitches to victory.

Meh, I went with Inigo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And another thing, these votes apply to their Fates counterparts (Laslow, Odin, and Selena) too.

They could win up being composite characters using abilities from both games.

Just to let you all know.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm really starting to get frustrated. Every time I get anywhere near a tower it starts raining, then thundering then rapidly firing thunderbolts in my area.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Weapons breaking never seem to be a problem in BotW. I have way too many weapons anyways, so I find a need to discard them. The only weapon I keep on me is the axe, just in case I need to cut down a tree. Also, Ive been raising my stamina while keeping my hearts at the minimum of 3, which makes combat more challenging and fun. I love that you can throw your weapons, its always fun when I have a spear in hand and I get to toss it towards my enemies. Also, the remote bombs make combat easier thanks to the physics in this game.

It's just the season pass. The stuff doesn't come until August and December.
I forgot I wanted to buy this. Also, you can change the color of any clothing, so I want that Switch shirt to be blue.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh god Blood Moon
So far, that is easily one of my favorite moments. Just hearing about it at first didn't do much since I pictured a normal blood-colored moon. But when I actually saw it for the first time while climbing a mountain, it actually gave me tingles and shivers. Just seeing the moon erupting with blood and such and the entire sky changed into a dark-blood hue. And the cutscene showing the monsters was neat too.
Actually, can I have context for this? Is it like the night in Simon's Quest or something because the only Blood Moon I know of is the shipping moon in Star
Basically, when a Blood Moon happens, all the monsters you slayed are revived. I don't know if that's the only thing it does, but when it first happened to me, it did show a cutscene. Nothing really spoiler-ish.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Red Ranger 4 laif.

You would really love Super Sentai then which is what Power Rangers is but less cheese and more awesome stuff.

I grew up it as well. Kinda stopped watching around Mystic Force and it was intro the Japanese stuff as well like anime.

However the biggest thing that it was my gateway into mecha stuff and man when I found out about Gundam, Mazinger Z and Macross

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Actually, can I have context for this? Is it like the night in Simon's Quest or something because the only Blood Moon I know of is the shipping moon in Star
Basically, its when the moon turns red and a whole bunch of enemies that you have killed are resurrected. Thats all I know, because thats how the game explained it to me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's a giant red moon that comes up, then the sky goes blood red and every enemy you killed and ones that died prior come alive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jesus, Blood Moon sounds terrifying. Hope it gets a horror-esque theme
You would really love Super Sentai then which is what Power Rangers is but less cheese
I may have only seen Zyuohger though I want to watch more Sentai, I know for a fact that in the older stuff, a ranger fell in love with his motorcycle (Rider fan methinks) and one Motw made the green ranger get pregnant. The first female green came out THIS year so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom