• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I'd kill for new ARMS info. Doesn't help that GameXpalin just released a video of gameplay footage today from an event BACK IN JANUARY.

I know it's a "Spring 2017" release date but will it hurt to release SOMETHING new?

"nothing else is on i'll check league of legends pro play"

>gragas top
well at least he isnt jungling
>nautilus is top
weird but ok
>Graves is jungling
Man I know RIOT hates junglers and loves marksmen but this is ridiculous
>Malzahar support
WHAT

Man LoL got weird after I left. . .
:061:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"nothing else is on i'll check league of legends pro play"

>gragas top
well at least he isnt jungling
>nautilus is top
weird but ok
>Graves is jungling
Man I know RIOT hates junglers and loves marksmen but this is ridiculous
>Malzahar support
WHAT

Man LoL got weird after I left. . .
:061:
I wonder what would happen if something similar happened to Overwatch, presumably due to being sick of Triple Tank meta.

"HOLY **** THEY REMOVED THE DPS CHARACTERS FROM THE GAME"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Jesus, Blood Moon sounds terrifying. Hope it gets a horror-esque theme

I may have only seen Zyuohger though I want to watch more Sentai, I know for a fact that in the older stuff, a ranger fell in love with his motorcycle (Rider fan methinks) and one Motw made the green ranger get pregnant. The first female green came out THIS year so...
Dairanger and Timeranger are my favorite,so you check those out

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I woke up this morning with no power, seems half the city was without power for a good while...If only I had a device that allowed me to play home console games without plugging it in...OH WAIT A SEC!!

Anyways, Power's back on but I was still messing about in BotW...there's so damn much in this game, there's quite literally always something to do, I never find myself getting bored...Also I'd been playing in handheld mode for about 3 hours before docking it at about 7%, so it does last a fair bit during regular use...

One thing I appreciate in this game is how every NPC I encounter has their own identity and personality...sometimes I find myself watching some of them to see what they do...A few times I even bump into them randomly in the field after meeting them previously in a town and I'm like, 'Hey, I remember you!'

But man this game's brutal...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dairanger and Timeranger are my favorite,so you check those out
Timeranger isn't complete when it comes to subs yet and Dairanger was used for MMPR's second season right? I'm eyeing the DVD as Shout officially subbed it so Toei gets money from it and will see there's a market. Maybe they'd sub Rider afterwards. Speaking of Rider I need to finish AgitO
curse you gamepad for not having the omega symbol

Ivander

Smash Legend
Found my first memory flashback.
Considering the nature of the scene as well as the fact that you can easily find that one with the help of the artist guy when you go back to Kakariko Village and talk to Impa after you have the Camera feature, I'm pretty sure that this flashback was meant to be the first one you find.
That aside, so far the voice acting is pretty dang good. It really shows like Nintendo really wanted to make sure that for it's true first official fully voice-acted Zelda title, they wanted to make sure the voices were good. That being said, is the red Zora supposed to be Mipha like everybody is talking about? I've been hearing mixed reception with her voice, but so far, in that specific memory I unlocked, she sounded pretty decent. But this memory was meant to be a serious scene, so I assume she sounds decent or good in the serious scenes while otherwise in non-serious scenes?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bravely Default update.

I've got the Swordmaster, Pirate and Performer asterisks. That should give a good idea how far I am.

At this point, I really feel sorry for poor Edea. That kind of emotional trauma would tear anyone apart and the game doesn't pull any punches to show how tragic it is, either.
Tiz's overprotectiveness of Egil came across as rather odd, and while it makes sense, it felt rather out of character. They didn't really emphasise his nightmares enough, so it comes off as rather jarring.

My team is at level 48. Yeah, I'm rather over-levelled at this point and bosses don't really pose that much of a threat, expecting trick bosses like Chaugmar. It gave me my first party wipe-out in a rather long time. >_>

Overall, my experience with the game has been really positive. I was caught off-guard with how dark and tragic the plot is, but it is really well written. You really do feel sad for the Eternian bosses you slay, as you see them die in front of you. Edea's relation with them make it all the more tragic.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Joy-Con Dog Mouth Sticker Kickstater is almost ending (less than 30 minutes). Soon my Switch will be the dawg it was born to be

...if I had a Switch... :c

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Good grief... I just went through a 45 minute muscle workout routine at a nearby exercise center. That felt brutal, but I blame the fact I haven't exercised in quite a while now (besides, that always seem to be the case when you do something like this for the first time). Either way, it actually did feel pretty good outside of the fact I grew tired relatively quickly. :p

Something tells me I should aim to do an upper abs class next time since my main focus is on getting my arms to not look like marshmellows. >_<

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So um Tharja literally blew my expectations. Not only there was a total of 50 votes between everyone, but she got the most of them. I guess no one should underestimate her massive popularity (@WhiteEaglePL).

Anyways, this this poll will be all about the children from the future. But mostly the popular ones plus the canon child of Robin. They are Morgan, Owain, Inigo, and Severa.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Choose wisely and have fun. There should be about two more polls left until we move on to the latest saga Fates. I'm quite excited myself.
Inigo. I was moved by the reasons he started flirting with girls, and while he can be rather foolish in Awakening, he gets good character development of the Awakening trio in Fates. He felt like the one who matured the most when he gave his perspective on conflict in his supports with Mozu and Peri, and even the Conquest Drama CDs show this "survivor" side of him. I also love the character dynamic he has with Xander.

Laslow is my favorite Nohrian after all.

D

Deleted member

So, while all of you are playing with your fancy Zeldas and Switchs, I finally started watched The Legend of Korra. Finished season 1 today and I'm on episode 6 of season 2 now.
I have to say, I'm loving it, it really feels like a sequel to the original Avatar and I'm glad that the only returning character(so far) is Katara(and Aang and the previous avatars if spirits count) because a lot of sequel shows/movies don't like to move on to newer ones(*cough*Heroes*cough cough*Star Wars VII*cough*).
I just hate the whole Love Triangle that happens in season 1 because it seems none of the characters know how to deal with their feelings and are all a bunch of jealous *******. The romance of Mako and Asami also felt pointless in the end because they just kept teasing MakoXKorra while they were supposedly dating and this is wrong.
Bolin is a cinnamon roll though and he didn't deserve that, BolinXKorra was cute and I wanted it to be canon but nope, I have to deal with "cheating is fine if you're the Avatar" because no one ever calls them on it and oh god I can't believe I just went tangential into a rant on how a Not!Anime handles romance.
Lin's (non-permanent) loss of her bending was actually the saddest scene of the whole season because she was best character and I thought it'd stick
Though she's now only second best because of a season 2 character
Now onto S2 and the true best character

Varrick is the true hero of Avatar and I wantneed more of him, 6 episodes haven't been enough

Context will not be provided for Varrick pics or quotes
Bolin: Can this boat outrun my crazy waterbending ex-girlfriend?
Varrick: Why do you think I built this thing?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
We can move on to Virion and the others whenever this tie is broken.

I hate when that happens.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ I've only seen bita and pieces of LoK a few years ago, I basically just watched whatever episode was on, but it didn't help that they stopped airing it on TV at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Shishœ I've only seen bita and pieces of LoK a few years ago, I basically just watched whatever episode was on, but it didn't help that they stopped airing it on TV at the time.
It was the same with me, I started watching it when it was airing on here(back when I still watched TV) but it was also around that time I got tired of having to know channel schedules and watching at specific times so I ended up missing some episodes and the season finale.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is pretty good, its a remix of the theme from the final Zelda trailer.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Ready for the huge battle with like 80 fighters? That should be pretty dope. I hope that there's some training episodes before then though.
I'm so pumped for it, but I feel like after the next episode we'll get a few training episodes, like you said.

Dude's gonna wreck Goku, Im calling it.

I love the fact that the battle that will define the fate of the multiverse is basically a Smash Bros./Royal Rumble match with 120 fighters, 1 stock each, 48min. long and items off at Final Destination.
It's going to be so good.

On another note, I do find it interesting that if you look at the silhouettes in the background during the Grand Priest's explanation of the tournament rules, the female Broly (or Brolina as some call her) is with the Universe 11 fighter silhouettes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Good thing "Eeenie meanie minie mo" exists (Thank you Bill Cipher). So I did that to pick Severa as the true winner despite the current tie. It's better than waiting for it to be broken.

Anyways, more Awakening heroes are now available. You choices are simple: Lissa, Kellam (Inb4 Who?), Donnel, or Virion. The villains will be done last tonight.

Now I've got chores to do (typical). Later.

D

Deleted member

Legend of Korra? Pfft, all I really know of that franchise is the ending being gay as ****. Didn't watch Aang either
And then you want me to believe your taste isn't ****
Stop whatever you're doing and go watch Avatar: The Legend of Aang because considering your ****taste it's impossible that you're doing anything better than it right now

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I knew I should have pre-ordered Super Bomberman R.

I can't find it anywhere. I love my Zelda and Snipperclips, but I need something else for this masterpiece system now.

Don't anyone dare recommend 1, 2, Switch. I'll 1, 2, Punch You In The Face.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And then you want me to believe your taste isn't ****
Stop whatever you're doing and go watch Avatar: The Legend of Aang because considering your ****taste it's impossible that you're doing anything better than it right now
That's a good argument but **** you I want to see battle suits in the police force
Bracely default and Legend of Korra on the same page.

Good time to get a brrak from work.

jeez spoilers!

you're dead to me
:062:
I mean it's never said and Gumball acts Ho Yay as hell too

Good thing my avi is a zombie then

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
D

Deleted member

That's a good argument but **** you I want to see battle suits in the police force

I mean it's never said and Gumball acts Ho Yay as hell too

Good thing my avi is a zombie then
I have no idea what "battle suits in the police force" is but I put it on Google and it gave me the Metalbending Police division from Korra as the first result which is clearly the Internet Gods telling you to watch Avatar
Bracely default and Legend of Korra on the same page.

Good time to get a brrak from work.

jeez spoilers!

you're dead to me
:062:
I mean, you have to be living under a rock to not know about the ending of Korra because I still remember the internet exploding feat. "they're just friends" 4chan dwellers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have no idea what "battle suits in the police force" is but I put it on Google and it gave me the Metalbending Police division from Korra as the first result which is clearly the Internet Gods telling you to watch Avatar

I mean, you have to be living under a rock to not know about the ending of Korra because I still remember the internet exploding feat. "they're just friends" 4chan dwellers
G3-X BEST ROBOCOP GODDAMMIT

They later returned and multiplied with Overwatch

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good thing "Eeenie meanie minie mo" exists (Thank you Bill Cipher). So I did that to pick Severa as the true winner despite the current tie. It's better than waiting for it to be broken.

Anyways, more Awakening heroes are now available. You choices are simple: Lissa, Kellam (Inb4 Who?), Donnel, or Virion. The villains will be done last tonight.

Now I've got chores to do (typical). Later.
I only see three options here. Nice try.

Where is the fourth character? :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
D

Deleted member

G3-X BEST ROBOCOP GODDAMMIT

They later returned and multiplied with Overwatch
G3-X? Is that how you kids call metalbending these days?

They were back before that with "Garnet, the living personification of gayness, isn't gay" and in the Gravity Falls finale.
Now they're attacking Star vs. by saying "Marco isn't trans" while the writers wave a giant flag over their heads

Last edited by a moderator:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm not surprised that the Switch is having a good launch. Unlike the Wii U, the general public has a pretty good awareness of the console (that Jimmy Falon appearance is a nice feather on the cap for that). With games like Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey, the holiday season after looks pretty good for Nintendo as well.

I'd be more concerned for year two and beyond. 3rd party support is still not a guarantee after the first year and the console already lags behind the PS4 and the Xbox One, let alone the Pro and the Scropio. Only time will tell how far the success can go. Good news for Nintendo still.

Maybe a dockless model in the future would a nice addition to the family. Having a cheaper option to play all the Nintendo games would be appealing to a lot of people. Ideally a "Switch Pro" would be a thing too, if only keep up with Sony and Microsoft in the power department.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
G3-X? Is that how you kids call metalbending these days?

They were back before that with "Garnet, the living personification of gayness, isn't gay" and in the Gravity Falls finale.
Now they're attacking Star vs. by saying "Marco isn't trans" while the writers wave a giant flag over their heads
G3-X is ****ing savage, that's what

Yeah, saw the Reddit about it and it was all "They REALLY need to stop overthinking this" amd meanwhile Nefcy is all "I LOVE this trans Marco and JanStar stuff!"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
BotW progress

Freed Falco Rivali and Winter Urbosa as well bringing the total to three DBs saved. The Eagle Divine Beast is easily my favourite but Windblight Ganon is so easy. The Camel Divine Beast is nothing special and Thunderblight is alright.
Also done all memories (aside from the one associated with the Goron Champion) and gotten the Master Sword. It fires Sword Beams at full health

Got the Hylian Shield too.

Just need to do the shrines I've yet to do, Death Mountain and all sorts of other little things before a proper assault on Hyrule Castle

Legend of Korra? Pfft, all I really know of that franchise is the ending being gay as ****. Didn't watch Aang either

Ivander

Smash Legend
So a bit of a repeat of my question for Breath of the Wild: Is Mipha the one who people are having a mixed opinion on their voice? I'm just asking cause so far, she sounds pretty decent. But like I said, the scene I saw her in was a serious-tone scene, so maybe she's good during serious-tone moments and otherwise on non-serious moments?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm in love

These new chips by lays are absolutely delicious!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Avatar was one of my favorite series, but I wasn't a fan of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom