• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Helen kinda sucks

her buttons are trash, her midrange is very poor, her walk is weak, her zoning kinda sucks, she lacks antiairs... however, her damage is quite excellent

she reminds me of Juri in this game; she has cool mechanics which individualize her but no real way to utilize them properly. she's also similar to Rashid and Ibuki in the sense that she's an oki char with projectiles but that style isn't that ideal for sfv, especially when the top tiers (looking at you, Guile and Urien) have absurd neutral game and higher damage output with lesser effort (Boxer and Laura, Cammy fits both of these criteria)

Star VS The Forces Of Evil is getting a fourth season next year. I'm very curious as to what'll happen. Especially my ships. My ships tend to become canon. Then again...

Nefcy best person for getting rid of the Starco trash
cue longest "yeah boy" ever

it's quite shocking that the third season is airing in a matter of months

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Helen kinda sucks

her buttons are trash, her midrange is very poor, her walk is weak, her zoning kinda sucks, she lacks antiairs... however, her damage is quite excellent

she reminds me of Juri in this game; she has cool mechanics which individualize her but no real way to utilize them properly. she's also similar to Rashid and Ibuki in the sense that she's an oki char with projectiles but that style isn't that ideal for sfv, especially when the top tiers (looking at you, Guile and Urien) have absurd neutral game and higher damage output with lesser effort (Boxer and Laura, Cammy fits both of these criteria)

I thought Season 2 ended months ago but it was the hiatus. Disney shows don't usually last 4 seasons apparently. Nefcy also has a wall of which she prints fanart and sticks it to. You know what she put on there too? Trans Marco fan art (she also wants LGBT representation hence the smooches) and the best ship Star x Janna Banana

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I thought Season 2 ended months ago but it was the hiatus. Disney shows don't usually last 4 seasons apparently. Nefcy also has a wall of which she prints fanart and sticks it to. You know what she put on there too? Trans Marco fan art (she also wants LGBT representation hence the smooches) and the best ship Star x Janna Banana
The month of episodes was the second half of Season 2. Season 3 is later this year.

Also yeah the gay future is inevitable. Dafon attending trans conferences (using terms like "cissexist") only bolsters the case for trans Marco which is basically confirmed at this point. Janstar path conclusion when

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-nintendo-switch-review

This is probably the best piece on the Switch. Eurogamer gives a real comprehensive look at the platform and came out optimistic about its future, with some caveats of course. Like any of the reviews out now, this does not account for the day one update. With that in mind, if you're looking to be an early adopter, this is a recommended read for you.

As always, today's platforms are now ever changing. The PS4 barely got external HDD support as of the last update or so, so don't expect this thing to stay static by any means. Just look at the 360 and you'll see an evolution of the ui over its life. I'm not buying a Switch at launch (many to avoid the hassles of early adaption and to save funds), but I eagerly await to see what Nintendo does with the thing and people's reception of it. If anything can be said of console launches, they're an exciting time.

D

Deleted member

So, I watched Mother's Basement's video on "Why Avatar is an anime"*(*paraphrased) and you know, fine, call Boondocks an anime, you can call Teen Titans as well and ****, just call Avatar an anime already.
But don't you ****ing dare call Steven Universe an anime or I'm gonna riot, everything has a limit and Geoff crossed that line with it
I guess it's because of the anime refferences?

But if that's the case, Robit Chicken is the best anime. 10/10

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Helen kinda sucks

Hold on a second, so you are saying that Capcom failed again to make a DLC good character despite the number of character they put out?
Really, what the hell Nintendo? Are you stupid or something?:4gaw: How can you make character that are so broken yet release character that are so weak? Really, come on Nintendo, you can do better.:4duckhunt:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hold on a second, so you are saying that Capcom failed again to make a DLC good character despite the number of character they put out?
Really, what the hell Nintendo? Are you stupid or something?:4gaw: How can you make character that are so broken yet release character that are so weak? Really, come on Nintendo, you can do better.:4duckhunt:
Nintendo has nothing to do with SFV...
The month of episodes was the second half of Season 2. Season 3 is later this year.

Also yeah the gay future is inevitable. Dafon attending trans conferences (using terms like "cissexist") only bolsters the case for trans Marco which is basically confirmed at this point. Janstar path conclusion when
Gay future?
marco diaz: shows joy in wearing a dress, being called a girl, talks about being uncomfortable shopping for herself in public
star vs: has metaphors for dysphoria and being in the closet, literally states that marco has dysphoria
the star vs crew: acknowledges the trans marco theory, states they want lgbt themes in the show
the cis: idk :/ i dont think you should call a character trans because they wore a dress one time
Then there's Nefcy's real twitter account liking this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And how Star is canonically bi. No ****ing way she didn't get aroused with the booty shake in the first episodes

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo has nothing to do with SFV...

Gay future?
marco diaz: shows joy in wearing a dress, being called a girl, talks about being uncomfortable shopping for herself in public
star vs: has metaphors for dysphoria and being in the closet, literally states that marco has dysphoria
the star vs crew: acknowledges the trans marco theory, states they want lgbt themes in the show
the cis: idk :/ i dont think you should call a character trans because they wore a dress one time
Then there's Nefcy's real twitter account liking this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And how Star is canonically bi. No ****ing way she didn't get aroused with the booty shake in the first episodes
thats_the_joke.png.
And beside that, Capcom really suck when it come to balancing with SFV, like, how balance work in the team? I'm really curious about that. Because they have ot know how some character really strong (Urien and Guile) while others are really weak. (I heard Ryu suck in Season 2 alot)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Told you:
View attachment 126684

Kotaku gave it a similar review.
The day 1 patch allegedly fixes some stuff up so is this the patched version or not?

Street Fighter's coming on Switch May 26th for 40 smackaroos. Bit pricey compared to the other rereleased versions but cheaper than most Switch games
thats_the_joke.png.
And beside that, Capcom really suck when it come to balancing with SFV, like, how balance work in the team? I'm really curious about that. Because they have ot know how some character really strong (Urien and Guile) while others are really weak. (I heard Ryu suck in Season 2 alot)
I think Capcom sucked in general with SFV

D

Deleted member

You mean a show about lesbian rocks wasn't an anime?
Also just realized after One Punch Man ripped off Kamen Rider the new season has 3, and maybe 5 licenceless Riders
No, you see, you're confusing it with Madoka
It's an easy anf common mistake, don't worry

Janstar is the only true Sar vs. ship
That and SpiderXEagle
Also, I need to watch the finale, brb
I guess it's because of the anime refferences?

But if that's the case, Robit Chicken is the best anime. 10/10
I mean, I can get where he's coming from but really, people are just complicating a word which means "cartoon" in another language.
But in situations like that, I prefer to go by TV Tropes's usage where "Anime=Eastern Animation" and "Cartoon=Western Animation" because you ain't putting Avatar under the Anime and Manga section instead of the Western Animation one

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The day 1 patch allegedly fixes some stuff up so is this the patched version or not?

Street Fighter's coming on Switch May 26th for 40 smackaroos. Bit pricey compared to the other rereleased versions but cheaper than most Switch games

Yeah, it's pretty sad, it's basically humiliation after humiliation. I feel very bad for them honestly.
But hey, atleast you don't have to rebuy the games 5 times to get everything.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So, I watched Mother's Basement's video on "Why Avatar is an anime"*(*paraphrased) and you know, fine, call Boondocks an anime, you can call Teen Titans as well and ****, just call Avatar an anime already.
But don't you ****ing dare call Steven Universe an anime or I'm gonna riot, everything has a limit and Geoff crossed that line with it
Man, nerds are still getting tight over what's being called anime or not? People are really invested in their moving pictures, I guess. :061:

In all seriousness, getting this enraged over the words people do described what are cartoons in the end is always embarrassing to see. No one need to bring out the pitchforks and torches.

That being said, I like to think anime is more defined by it's storytelling styles and art more than location of origin, especially these days with things like Avatar and Korra clearly resembling anime in both narrative styling and aesthetics. Even anime creatively directed in Japan is often outsourced to Korea. Not to mention that those classic American 80s cartoons like Transformers were animated by Japanese studios (the whole property is an adaption of a Japanese if you want to look it up), though calling them anime is a bit of a misnomer.

In the end of the day, don't get so pissy about some person calling something "anime" or not on the internet. You're going to look like a fool no matter what. Just watch your cartoons please. I know I got a few in the backburner.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No, you see, you're confusing it with Madoka
It's an easy anf common mistake, don't worry

Janstar is the only true Sar vs. ship
That and SpiderXEagle
Also, I need to watch the finale, brb

I mean, I can get where he's coming from but really, people are just complicating a word which means "cartoon" in another language.
But in situations like that, I prefer to go by TV Tropes's usage where "Anime=Eastern Animation" and "Cartoon=Western Animation" because you ain't putting Avatar under the Anime and Manga section instead of the Western Animation one
Honestly, Madoka makes me laugh and scream simultaneously. It's SO ****ing similar to Ryuki which came out 15 years ago. It's not 'oh hey that looks similar' but it's the ****ing same, only one has kickass Contract Monsters and the other has pretty magical girls

D

Deleted member

Dunno, but most reviews are bashing the lack of launch content, as well as the price, which includes additional things, like SD cards, Powerbanks, and a Pro Controler for a decent experience, all of which bumps the price up to over $500.

From Wired:
review2.png

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-nintendo-switch-review

This is probably the best piece on the Switch. Eurogamer gives a real comprehensive look at the platform and came out optimistic about its future, with some caveats of course. Like any of the reviews out now, this does not account for the day one update. With that in mind, if you're looking to be an early adopter, this is a recommended read for you.

As always, today's platforms are now ever changing. The PS4 barely got external HDD support as of the last update or so, so don't expect this thing to stay static by any means. Just look at the 360 and you'll see an evolution of the ui over its life. I'm not buying a Switch at launch (many to avoid the hassles of early adaption and to save funds), but I eagerly await to see what Nintendo does with the thing and people's reception of it. If anything can be said of console launches, they're an exciting time.
I think it's important to remember that the first year of a console's life is far, far more important than its first month.

thats_the_joke.png.
yeah Ryu is really bad in S2. Capcom basically gimped all of his useful tools- fireballs are universally even weaker than before on top of the nerfs he recieved, no meterless wakeup, normals are even worse than before- and left him to die

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think it's important to remember that the first year of a console's life is far, far more important than its first month.

yeah Ryu is really bad in S2. Capcom basically gimped all of his useful tools- fireballs are universally even weaker than before on top of the nerfs he recieved, no meterless wakeup, normals are even worse than before- and left him to die
Let met say that:
Ryu, the mascot of the series, is one of the worst character in the game. To the point where is Smash 4 incarnation is better than his SFV one.
And he is STILL the one to defeat Bison in the end of the story mode.
Like, what the ****.

D

Deleted member

Hmmm, I actually never thought of it like that. That's a good point. That's how I generall define it too anyway, it makes things simple.

Man, nerds are still getting tight over what's being called anime or not? People are really invested in their moving pictures, I guess. :061:

In all seriousness, getting this enraged over the words people do described what are cartoons in the end is always embarrassing to see. No one need to bring out the pitchforks and torches.

That being said, I like to think anime is more defined by it's storytelling styles and art more than location of origin, especially these days with things like Avatar and Korra clearly resembling anime in both narrative styling and aesthetics. Even anime creatively directed in Japan is often outsourced to Korea. Not to mention that those classic American 80s cartoons like Transformers were animated by Japanese studios (the whole property is an adaption of a Japanese if you want to look it up), though calling them anime is a bit of a misnomer.

In the end of the day, don't get so pissy about some person calling something "anime" or not on the internet. You're going to look like a fool no matter what. Just watch your cartoons please. I know I got a few in the backburner.
He's not all that upset though, he's just being dramactic for the sake of dramactic effect. I do it all the time whenever I post.

Well, except when I'm being kinky. :p

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Let met say that:
Ryu, the mascot of the series, is one of the worst character in the game. To the point where is Smash 4 incarnation is better than his SFV one.
And he is STILL the one to defeat Bison in the end of the story mode.
Like, what the ****.
yeah it's really perplexing

I think he could be a lot worse (see: FANG) but I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Just pick Guile if you want a simple character that teaches you the game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dunno, but most reviews are bashing the lack of launch content, as well as the price, which includes additional things, like SD cards, Powerbanks, and a Pro Controler for a decent experience, all of which bumps the price up to over $500.

From Wired:
View attachment 126685
The left joycon thing didn't happen to everyone and again, patch. "Can't charge on TV mode" is moot because A: 20 hours battery life and B: the Joycons charge when docked so unless you're playing constantly without breaks whatsoever, this shouldn't be a problem. And the review unit not having online is something exclusive for said unit so it shouldn't even be listed there and again, patch! XCX had no online until the day 1 patch too iirc

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
the left joycon thing is far too common not to be a major issue

even if it's patched it's something that needs to be pointed out for the sake of consumers everywhere

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So Injustice 2, USF2, GGXrd Rev 2 Update thing (at least in Japan at the moment) and Tekken 7 in the space of about 3 weeks.
Fantastic time for fighting game fans.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Hmmm, I actually never thought of it like that. That's a good point. That's how I generall define it too anyway, it makes things simple.

He's not all that upset though, he's just being dramactic for the sake of dramactic effect. I do it all the time whenever I post.

Well, except when I'm being kinky. :p
I was not trying to direct it towards him per say, so excuse me if I came off that way. That being some people get really needless angry about the "anime" and whether that label applies or does not to apply. Again I think we should go beyond the simple "cartoon from Japan" definition into something a bit more inclusive considering the whole impact it has on animation worldwide.

Now excuse me, I think I may have some Japanese cartoon that may or may not be waiting for my own two eyes.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So Injustice 2, USF2, GGXrd Rev 2 Update thing (at least in Japan at the moment) and Tekken 7 in the space of about 3 weeks.
Fantastic time for fighting game fans.

Yeah, but I still have to pay money for all of that.

Which will total to about $175-200 depending on how expensive Rev 2 is, on top of the $300 for a Switch sometime soon

I'm scared

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Yeah, but I still have to pay money for all of that.

Which will total to about $175-200 depending on how expensive Rev 2 is, on top of the $300 for a Switch sometime soon

I'm scared
Have you considered selling your kidney? After all, you only need one to live. :denzel:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
kektastic timing

Also, NiER Automata sold 200k in Japan so far. I may never play the game, but damn am I happy this is going well
'**** SQUARE ENIX'

D

Deleted member

If I may @ManlySpirit

The far majority of the reviews seem to be positive.
Depends, are we including Nintendo fansites and Youtubers in this metric? Because those definitely shouldn't count. Hard to be unbiased when you've got Mario plastered no your front page. Same goes for the Nintendo ambassador program for reviews.

That aside, Kotaku, IGN, Wired, Eurogamer, and Polygon have all been critical of it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Depends, are we including Nintendo fansites and Youtubers in this metric? Because those definitely shouldn't count. Hard to be unbiased when you've got Mario plastered no your front page. Same goes for the Nintendo ambassador program for reviews.

That aside, Kotaku, IGN, Wired, Eurogamer, and Polygon have all been critical of it.
Uh
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks it's odd you say anything like youtubers shouldn't count yet Polygon, the "I DON'T WANT TO REVIEW STAR FOX ZERO WAHHHHHH" Polygon, should?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

From Wired:
View attachment 126685
I still don't get why the concern over the day one launch line-up...Not everyone can and will get the system at launch regardless if they are interested in Zelda or not, and many more games are being released throughout the rest of the year...those that do get the system for Zelda are very much going to be very well occupied by the game and more games will be available by the time they've had their fill of it...

I think it's pretty obvious that Nintendo's setting themselves up for the holiday season as pretty much every game this year will be available by then as well as Super Mario Odyssey, and whatever they show off at e3...

Not to mention launching too many games at once means they end up competing with each other...

Also Wired listed a lack of online for a system they are reviewing PRE-launch as a major negative point? really?...
and they say it's 'Impossible' to play TV mode when the issue has been discovered to be due to outside interference...sure it's a pain to stay conscious of it while playing but it sounds like a serious personal issue if it's flat-out impossible for them...

Also keep in mind no system is perfect at launch, and some of these issues I'm hearing for the Switch could possibly be fixed with an update after launch...PS4 had some pretty big issues initially as well

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Uh
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks it's odd you say anything like youtubers shouldn't count yet Polygon, the "I DON'T WANT TO REVIEW STAR FOX ZERO WAHHHHHH" Polygon, should?
YouTubers tend to be far less critical due to hype (i.e, Etika) + they're being paid by Nintendo and were given a free console

journalists have no obligation to say nice things about Nintendo

also Polygon has multiple writers on their staff so discrediting them due to one bad seed is really dumb

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh
I don't follow Polygon, hell, I don't follow Kotaku after the gamergate stuff. I'm just naming mainstream reviewers, and what the public will be exposed to.

Outside of the Nintendofan echo chamber, this is what people are hearing about the Switch.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I don't follow Polygon, hell, I don't follow Kotaku after the gamergate stuff. I'm just naming mainstream reviewers, and what the public will be exposed to.

Outside of the Nintendofan echo chamber, this is what people are hearing about the Switch.
yeah kotaku is bad because feminism, not because they publish rubbish like the doorknob licking article on a consistent basis

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Again, Wired had some baffling complaints, and that gamergate article wasn't even that bad. From what I remember the title was all that was the controversy with lare gamers dead?'
YouTubers tend to be far less critical due to hype (i.e, Etika) + they're being paid by Nintendo and were given a free console

journalists have no obligation to say nice things about Nintendo

also Polygon has multiple writers on their staff so discrediting them due to one bad seed is really dumb
Etika is a piece of **** regardless, and I'd say that the youtubers would still bre critical if it was bad. Case and point, Jim Sterling still gets review copies despite being more critical than others. And I'm aware Polygon has good writers like Nick Robinson or whatever his name is. Dunno who's doing the Switch review so eh

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Damn, there is little to no love for Seliph.

I can't blame mates for finding Sigurd cooler, but this is wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom