• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't remember Bioshock being so hard.

I'm at the part where you dress up as a Big Daddy and have no ammo at all.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
deviantArt's weird sometimes...

I've barely been active on there for ages, and for some reason I just got a huge blow out of favourites for just one specific piece of art I've done several years ago...

Not that I'm complaining but, it's just puzzling...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Loved that clip, the commentators seemed so excited when it happened.

You know, it's funny. Lucario's playstyle is probably one of the most controversial in the game, yet I think that entire GF was the most hyped I've seen everyone in a long time. It probably helped that Tsu~ and Zero felt even throughout most of the Finals, which made watching it so much fun since you honestly didn't know who'd take it all (well, that and the DBZ connections).

Anyway, props to Tsu~ for an incredible tournament run, he was just short of taking it all (and I do mean just short, it was last stock, last hit) and he shows how to use his character to the best of their abilities. It may not be first, but it was a great showing for both of them.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Tsu came so close, only to be the next victim of Diddy's patented Down Tilt Until it Works.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The last poll was interesting. Everyone literally fell in love with the Ice Hockey Trio, either because their concept is interesting or they find their designs appealing.

This next poll is more retros with Mike Jones, Prince Sable, Hakkun (from the game Sutte Hakkun), and Muddy Mole ( Opossum Opossum ). This one will be interesting.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Enjoy this one until the morning mates. I will be needing some shut eye.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's kind of unreal how popular Mike Jones is.

Inb4 the casuals think he's the rapper of the same name. :troll:

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think I'm ready to play Smash for Wii U again, after about 6 months away from it. I have a sudden craving.

I used to always return to Smash Brawl because the Subspace would call me. Dem cutscenes.

Now it's just Classic Mode that has me returning. Might mess around with some new characters. Or I'll just end up playing 3DS and Smash Running with everyone.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm still torn over whether I should call Pilotwings a retro franchise or have people choose which Pilotwings characters that they want.

Though I doubt it's worth it since the SNES and 64 games have a large enough cast to work with.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp. LTTP 100% beaten.
That's... every non-CDi Zelda down before BotW (excluding original four swords cuz ick).
Including, the clear best title.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm still torn over whether I should call Pilotwings a retro franchise or have people choose which Pilotwings characters that they want.

Though I doubt it's worth it since the SNES and 64 games have a large enough cast to work with.
Pilotwings technically not retro anymore since it had a new game on the 3DS (albeit with those overrated Miis instead of an original cast).

Nothing wrong to see if people prefer 64's Lark and SNES's Golden Pilot (since the other characters are just instructors).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After doing enough research, Nintendo doesn't have enough arcade characters that would work as characters other than Sheriff, Sky Skipper (aka Popeye if here were an aviator that hates gorillas), and maybe the Wild Gunmen (Though they would be redundant when Sheriff got that gunman them covered). They were either nameless paddles (Color Game) or giant space ships (Space Firebird).

Maybe I can group Mini Kangaroo with them, at least because it's the mascot of Nintendo's more popular toys in the 70's. Just with a more anthropomorphized redesign (Which I think @Brickbuild101 made).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

Cutscenes for BotW are out.

BE WARNED! SPOILERS AHEAD!

They're pretty nifty though.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ooooooooohhhhhhhh boy!

The first major story spoiler for Breath of the Wild has popped up on the Internet and has even found its way into Youtube, and it is a HUGE one: a major cutscene.

For y'all who have been following spoilers and want to know what I'm talking about, I'm going to triple spoiler tag just to be safe:

Here's the cutscene I'm talking about:

First major reveal: The hooded bearded man's true identity is confirmed to be King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. Yep, the theories about the hooded man being the King of Hyrule were true all along!

He presents himself to Link in his true, royal form:

Wondering what's with those blue flames surrounding King Rhoam? It's a sign that he's only a spirit. He was dead all along, killed during the Great Calamity. Yep, he's been communicating with Link as a spirit the whole time! He only appeared as his hooded self and didn't talk about the major events of the past because he didn't want to overwhelm Link upon awaking from his 100 year slumber. He then tells Link, "I think you are now ready. Ready to hear what happened 100 years ago." (remember that moment in the Switch Presentation trailer? It was King Rhoam speaking it all along)

Ganon was already born into Hyrule, but he has transformed into Malice, which in turn has tranformed into the Calamity Canon he is now.

And now we get some major backstory.

Rhoam explains that stories about Ganon have been passed down for ages, but the prophecies have foretold there will come a day when Calamity Ganon will rise, but the power to oppose it lies underground. The Hyrulians decided to accept the prophecy, and they began excavating to find this "power." Eventually, they found several ancient relics that were crafted by their ancient ancestors. These unearthed relics were the Divine Beasts and the Guardians. The Divine Beasts were giant machines piloted by warriors, while the Guardians are the smaller robotic machines we've become familiar with by now that can also fight autonomously.

Yep, the Guardians (and the Divine Beasts) were the "power to oppose" the Calamity Ganon spoken in the prophecy. Yet, when we've been playing through the game, they seem to be enemies. What happened? Oh, we'll come back to it.

The prophecy mentions a princess and her chosen knight would be the ones to utilize those ancient relics to defeat Ganon. When the time eventually came once the princess (Zelda) and the chosen knight (Link) presented themselves, the Hyrulians chose 4 skilled fighters from Hyrule to appoint them as pilots of the Divine Beast. These 4 fighters would be called "Champions," and Zelda would serve as their commander.

Want to take a guess who those "Champions" are?

Yep, Daruk the Goron, Mipha the Zora girl, the unnamed Gerudo girl, and Revali the Rito are the four Champions that were supposed to pilot the Divine Beasts! Now we know why they are significant to the plot!

And remember what I mentioned about the Guardians? Well, now we get to the shocking details: what happened that led to Hyrule's apocalypse.

Calamity Ganon is a really cunning fella'. He saw right through the Hylians plan. Specifically, he took control of the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, turning them against the Hyrulians and destroying them! Oh man, the irony of it all! They were supposed to stop Ganon, and instead, they did the opposite thanks to Ganon's intervention.

What made matters even worse was that the four Champions were killed during the disaster! And you want to know which moment from the trailers hinted that a while back?

^You see the blue flames surrounding Daruk? Those are the same blue flames that appeared around King Rhoam. We've been communicating with Daruk's spirit this whole time!

It saddens me to hear this, because that means Revali is dead too. Aw man, I really liked that guy from the trailers.:(

And then we learn Link was the appointed knight from that time, and he was killed while protecting the princess! That means Link was resurrected at the beginning of the game!

And Zelda went on to fight Calamity Ganon alone. You can guess how that turned out...

My reaction after I watched the cutscene:

They weren't joking when they said this game's plot was going to be really dark.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ooooooooohhhhhhhh boy!

The first major story spoiler for Breath of the Wild has popped up on the Internet and has even found its way into Youtube, and it is a HUGE one: a major cutscene.

For y'all who have been following spoilers and want to know what I'm talking about, I'm going to triple spoiler tag just to be safe:

Here's the cutscene I'm talking about:

First major reveal: The hooded bearded man's true identity is confirmed to be King Rhoam Bosphoramus Hyrule. Yep, the theories about the hooded man being the King of Hyrule were true all along!

He presents himself to Link in his true, royal form:

Wondering what's with those blue flames surrounding King Rhoam? It's a sign that he's only a spirit. He was dead all along, killed during the Great Calamity. Yep, he's been communicating with Link as a spirit the whole time! He only appeared as his hooded self and didn't talk about the major events of the past because he didn't want to overwhelm Link upon awaking from his 100 year slumber. He then tells Link, "I think you are now ready. Ready to hear what happened 100 years ago." (remember that moment in the Switch Presentation trailer? It was King Rhoam speaking it all along)

Ganon was already born into Hyrule, but he has transformed into Malice, which in turn has tranformed into the Calamity Canon he is now.

And now we get some major backstory.

Rhoam explains that stories about Ganon have been passed down for ages, but the prophecies have foretold there will come a day when Calamity Ganon will rise, but the power to oppose it lies underground. The Hyrulians decided to accept the prophecy, and they began excavating to find this "power." Eventually, they found several ancient relics that were crafted by their ancient ancestors. These unearthed relics were the Divine Beasts and the Guardians. The Divine Beasts were giant machines piloted by warriors, while the Guardians are the smaller robotic machines we've become familiar with by now that can also fight autonomously.

Yep, the Guardians (and the Divine Beasts) were the "power to oppose" the Calamity Ganon spoken in the prophecy. Yet, when we've been playing through the game, they seem to be enemies. What happened? Oh, we'll come back to it.

The prophecy mentions a princess and her chosen knight would be the ones to utilize those ancient relics to defeat Ganon. When the time eventually came once the princess (Zelda) and the chosen knight (Link) presented themselves, the Hyrulians chose 4 skilled fighters from Hyrule to appoint them as pilots of the Divine Beast. These 4 fighters would be called "Champions," and Zelda would serve as their commander.

Want to take a guess who those "Champions" are?

Yep, Daruk the Goron, Mipha the Zora girl, the unnamed Gerudo girl, and Revali the Rito are the four Champions that were supposed to pilot the Divine Beasts! Now we know why they are significant to the plot!

And remember what I mentioned about the Guardians? Well, now we get to the shocking details: what happened that led to Hyrule's apocalypse.

Calamity Ganon is a really cunning fella'. He saw right through the Hylians plan. Specifically, he took control of the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, turning them against the Hyrulians and destroying them! Oh man, the irony of it all! They were supposed to stop Ganon, and instead, they did the opposite thanks to Ganon's intervention.

What made matters even worse was that the four Champions were killed during the disaster! And you want to know which moment from the trailers hinted that a while back?

^You see the blue flames surrounding Daruk? Those are the same blue flames that appeared around King Rhoam. We've been communicating with Daruk's spirit this whole time!

It saddens me to hear this, because that means Revali is dead too. Aw man, I really liked that guy from the trailers.:(

And then we learn Link was the appointed knight from that time, and he was killed while protecting the princess! That means Link was resurrected at the beginning of the game!

And Zelda went on to fight Calamity Ganon alone. You can guess how that turned out...

My reaction after I watched the cutscene:

They weren't joking when they said this game's plot was going to be really dark.

The Legend Of Zelda: Everyone Is ****ing Dead.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Hooo boyyyyy, SPOILERS. I love me some spoilers, but yall better keep those in check please. Right now I am actively avoiding said spoilers, unlike before where I just passively ignored them.

Went to a Gamestop today and I got to see some of the Switch merchandise on the shelves. The boxes for the games are pretty small, which is neat, although theres a whole lot of box for just the game cartridge. They have some other nifty stuff (Headphones, Travel Cases, etc.)

Also, it seems that theres going to be midnight launches for the Switch. Guess Ill get on that and not skip school. :026:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Uh Oh...Spoilers on the rise...Time to avoid the internet til Friday....
Don't want to make the same mistake I did with Sun & Moon with Youtube thumbnails spoiling the end-game for me...

Been keeping myself occupied with XCX (despite what my signature says)...I'm well over 200 hours now into the game...
I'll play ALttP while I'm at work since the Wii U isn't the Switch....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How hard is it to get the right piece of paper to a person?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I legit didn't even know the Oscars were on today...

Though I really couldn't care less tbh...I stopped caring about award shows a long time ago...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How hard is it to get the right piece of paper to a person?
People just get stupider by the day.

Plus they wanna make memes, jokes and image macros for 5 minutes of fame.

TL;DR
It's just a prank, bro

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
New 9/10 at best

Get rid of the stupid "reading the same message every time you pick up a treasure after turning off the game" and you have yourself a deal.
actually delete the imprisoned too
Delete everything but Lanayru Desert

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sometimes I feel people try to hide from politics too much. I get that it's stressful to think about, but it's still a important subject in life, and in regards to the Oscars, art is one of the best, most influential ways to express ideas on politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom