• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also holy **** Zebei, how could your mum not get the racism theme in Zootopia? Only 9 minutes in but it's clear as day
I honestly wish I knew

The only explanation I have is she intentionally is making herself ignorant so that she can just enjoy a film without themes but that just sounds weird.
I'm not someone who listens to calm music that much, but Bravely Default is making me question it.

This is among the first music pieces you hear in the game, and even this sounds so good.
I've hyped Bravely Default's music for a reason.

From beginning to end it's one amazing track after another. Culminating with the Final Boss song which is just. . .spectacular.
:061:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
GameXplain uploaded a video testing the battery life of the Switch under 'worst' circumstances, meaning MAX everything wifi on with BotW running on the system to basically see how fast they can drain the battery...

It lasted just under 2 and a half hours before going automatically into sleep mode...

I suspect with more care the system will last over 3 hours while running BotW...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If this was twitch and I was a mod, Id give you a Caps warning and time you out for the whole day
Q.Q Pumpkaboo is a meanie to me
I honestly wish I knew

The only explanation I have is she intentionally is making herself ignorant so that she can just enjoy a film without themes but that just sounds weird.

I've hyped Bravely Default's music for a reason.

From beginning to end it's one amazing track after another. Culminating with the Final Boss song which is just. . .spectacular.
There are people who say there's nothing political about MGS so I guess

Chrono.

GameXplain uploaded a video testing the battery life of the Switch under 'worst' circumstances, meaning MAX everything wifi on with BotW running on the system to basically see how fast they can drain the battery...

It lasted just under 2 and a half hours before going automatically into sleep mode...

I suspect with more care the system will last over 3 hours while running BotW...
Yeah, sounds pretty good to me.

Not like I'll be using the Switch undocked for super long periods anyway.

D

Deleted member

THIS IS NOT OKAY

But the police don't know that, they could interpret it as you ****ing the pupper

I can claim you're trying to twist my comment to make me look like a furry
****ing a not!lawyer and asking him to represent you isn't against the law afaik so I can get away with thaf

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw The Nightmare Before Christmas is still relevant.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
According the to a Q&A from the McLeodGaming Twitch stream, the team has a backup plan if Super Smash Flash 2 gets C&D'd by Nintendo.

What that plan is isn't going to be told though.

D

Deleted member

Tfw The Nightmare Before Christmas is still relevant.
But it's a classic. It'sjust like any other memorable holiday special. It doesn't have to be a deep or complex movie, it's just something that a ton of people revisit every halloween/christmas. I'd know because to my parents it's practically their religion. :p

The fact that Nightmare Before Christmas has so much merchandise and so many sales has always baffled me and probably always will.

I mean hell I love it, and This is Halloween is stuck in my head 24/7 for the last 4 months of the year but still!

*song is stuck in my head again*
welp

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fixed. At least one is a timeless Halloween classic with a simple, yet enjoyable story.

Meanwhile, that mediocre borefest is still being milked to this day. At least Highschool of the Dead died peacefully.
True that. I never saw any appeal in that series at all. Even Konasuba is better than that rubbish.

Why, pray tell, wouldn't it be relevant?
For a movie that never had a sequel in years and has no live action remake planned, I am kind of surprised that its fandom is still lively. I'd blame Hot Topic and Disney for its over merchandising.

Not that it's a bad movie (I still quite like it), but it makes you wonder when things would slow down.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
****....how much money did it cost to get them?
Probably not too much (maybe a couple of dialogues per driver)
However Disney wants to push the "American Feel" in this movie by bringing them, as one of the reasons why Cars 2 flopped its because it was more European.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I still really like Dragon Maid, but boy I'm really disappointed with the lack of characterization with Quetzalcoatl/Lucoa. Always had a feeling that they wouldn't develop her character, all of the signs pointed to someone being flat and one dimensional, but I really wanted her to have some sort of development. But no, it's just a bunch of boob and shotacon jokes. It's "funny" the first time (considering how ubiquitous these "jokes" are in anime, they're not), but when the character solely revolves around that it's an issue. You could've taken her out of the latest episode and absolutely nothing would have changed. And the episode prior could've been handled so much better.

Meanwhile I'm looking at all the other characters, especially the Dragons, and they've had loads more development, especially Fafnir and Takiya who both had way less screentime.

-Fafnir hates humans and wants to kill them all
-Fafnir meets Takiya
-Fafnir learns that not everyone is horrible
-Fafnir learns to enjoy himself (even if he has trouble showing it)

Go back to Lucoa, and with three-four episodes, she's just huge boobs. Congrats!

I blame it on the fact that unlike the others, she's already really chill with humans. Which really isn't a problem, there's so many ways to can take this and make it interesting, like detailing how she grew comfortable, why she lost her Goddess title, she has what could be an interesting backstory that isn't being utilized outside of this ****ty gag where she doesn't want anyone to hear. I'm not saying they need to show flashbacks or anything, but maybe Tohur wants to talk to Lucoa about an issue she's having, or Kobayashi is curious, something. But no, we just get boob jokes.

I don't hate Lucoa, I'm just disappointed with how she's being utilized at the moment. Beginning to make me question whether I should continue running the subreddit I made too.

I'm sticking with Maki

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still really like Dragon Maid, but boy I'm really disappointed with the lack of characterization with Quetzalcoatl/Lucoa. Always had a feeling that they wouldn't develop her character, all of the signs pointed to someone being flat and one dimensional, but I really wanted her to have some sort of development. But no, it's just a bunch of boob and shotacon jokes. It's "funny" the first time (considering how ubiquitous these "jokes" are in anime, they're not), but when the character solely revolves around that it's an issue. You could've taken her out of the latest episode and absolutely nothing would have changed. And the episode prior could've been handled so much better.

Meanwhile I'm looking at all the other characters, especially the Dragons, and they've had loads more development, especially Fafnir and Takiya who both had way less screentime.

-Fafnir meets Takiya

Go back to Lucoa, and with three-four episodes, she's just huge boobs. Congrats!

I blame it on the fact that unlike the others, she's already really chill with humans. Which really isn't a problem, there's so many ways to can take this and make it interesting, like detailing how she grew comfortable, why she lost her Goddess title, she has what could be an interesting backstory that isn't being utilized outside of this ****ty gag where she doesn't want anyone to hear. I'm not saying they need to show flashbacks or anything, but maybe Tohur wants to talk to Lucoa about an issue she's having, or Kobayashi is curious, something. But no, we just get boob jokes.

I don't hate Lucoa, I'm just disappointed with how she's being utilized at the moment. Beginning to make me question whether I should continue running the subreddit I made too.

I'm sticking with Maki
Finally, enough reasons for me not to watch the show. I was curious when I heard comedy, disgusted when I heard about pedophilic **** (Japan's age of consent is 13 which is why it passed) but this clinched it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

-Fafnir meets Takiya

I'm sticking with Maki
You know here's something wrong when even the dragon loli has more character than the Shotacon Dragon.

Tohru is still the best Dragon.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

-Fafnir meets Takiya

I'm sticking with Maki
Sigh... Guess that means I should cancel my plans to watch the entire series then if this goes on for the rest of it, huh? What a shame...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Finally, enough reasons for me not to watch the show. I was curious when I heard comedy, disgusted when I heard about pedophilic **** (Japan's age of consent is 13 which is why it passed) but this clinched it
You know here's something wrong when even the dragon loli has more character than the Shotacon Dragon.

Tohru is still the best Dragon.
Sigh... Guess that means I should cancel my plans to watch the entire series then if this goes on for the rest of it, huh? What a shame...
It's still a really enjoyable show. The issue is that Lucoa has like absolutely no development. Meanwhile the others are just really comfy, especially Fafnir and Takiya

But yeah, Lucoa probably does more to hinder the enjoyment than to enhance it. Shame, I was all over her for over a week, and now it's just meh. Considering I already put in so much work, I'm probably going to keep running the subreddit, but when I feel like it could survive on it's own, I'm dipping. Maybe I'll start a joke cult for another show.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll reserve judgement on Lucoa until I see that whole anime, considering that it's ongoing.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's still a really enjoyable show. The issue is that Lucoa has like absolutely no development. Meanwhile the others are just really comfy, especially Fafnir and Takiya

But yeah, Lucoa probably does more to hinder the enjoyment than to enhance it. Shame, I was all over her for over a week, and now it's just meh. Considering I already put in so much work, I'm probably going to keep running the subreddit, but when I feel like it could survive on it's own, I'm dipping. Maybe I'll start a joke cult for another show.

I suppose you make a point if they did a great job on character development for the other dragons... but if this Lucoa person is just going to be the source of suggestive jokes for the remainder of Dragon Maid, then I am going to evade it at all costs. I mean... who knows? Maybe she'll actually get character development and this annoying fan-service is just a literal fake out by the producers? If that complete 180 were to happen, I'd stick around (and evade any element of fan-service if I can, of course). For the moment though, I feel somewhat discouraged, but I'll give it some time before officially jumping to conclusions as of now. I just heavily dislike fan-service (then again, that's been obvious for quite a long time for many who know me here), as it tends to make me immediately stop considering an anime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have I talked about how great Little Witch Academia is yet? Because it is.
It has a lot of charm thanks to Trigger's beautiful animation, has a really happy mood which is a great change of pace from the "gritty" anime I've watched and has me smiling throughout its entire episodes because it just makes me feel good.

But the best thing is the protagonist, Akko.
Akko reminds me of Deku: she's an underdog, dreams of being a witch much like her idol and gets on a magical school but since she doesn't come from a family of witches, she doesn't know how to use magic properly.
Episode 7 is the best example of this with her exams coming in and she getting Cs or lower in every class but as Ursula says at the end, while compared to the other students, she's way behind, comparing to her when she started, she's improved a lot. And in the end, her altruistic nature is what makes her pass the final exam.
Overall, Akko is a really interesting and relatable character and I want to see her development throughout the rest of the show. And having a good protagonist goes a long way for me since, most of the time, they all feel the same and/or just boring.

Also, both the OP and ED are great.
And me staying after the ep is over to watch the ED is not something I do often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom