• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
That was much easier than Narcian's battle. Or maybe just that I have better units now - 5* Eirika, Lucina, and Catria, and 4* Cecilia. Eirika aggro'd Robin and the mages with her huge Res, and the axe fighter with weapon triangle advantage, and Lucina and Catria mopped up the stragglers once Eirika's HP was too low to continue. Straightforward enough, I thought.

The new Focus is kind of lame, though. I'm just going to keep saving up my orbs until they add more new characters.

Also, I think attachment/avatar uploading might be dead again (couldn't upload the image as an attachment). Anyone want to potentially sacrifice their avatar to find out?
Edit: never mind, it seems to work now.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh great Nintendo just shown an ad for the Switch on ESPN

That's actually great since you don't see their ads on channels like those.

There's just one problem:

It's 1-2 Switch they are advertising

:224:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
>Mom gets pet snake
>doesnt take of of it
>wont let anyone take it out of the cage for cuddles
>"you leave snakes in their cages"

*****, a snake is an animal just like us, it has feelings too and her neglecting her own pet makes me want to take ownership of all her pets she has in this house
Oh great Nintendo just shown an ad for the Switch on ESPN

That's actually great since you don't see their ads on channels like those.

There's just one problem:

It's 1-2 Switch they are advertising

:224:
ey you dont know, 1-2 switch might be good. Its a good party game

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
At least they don't use hacked Pokemon.
Depends on your definition of hacking.

For example, I hack for the perfect IVs of a particular Hidden Power, because HPower breeding is bull****.

I'm by no means a hardcore Pokémon player anymore, but back then I did the same thing, and back then, getting the perfect Pokémon was not fun and was way too tine-consuming to bother worth. So hacking allows for quicker preparation for tournies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why did another tie have to happen? There can only be one winner. Just have N or Sabrina win please so I can move on.

Uncharted movie confirmed trash
Yay, another mediocre video game adaption. Just what the film industry needed. /s

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Depends on your definition of hacking.

For example, I hack for the perfect IVs of a particular Hidden Power, because HPower breeding is bull****.

I'm by no means a hardcore Pokémon player anymore, but back then I did the same thing, and back then, getting the perfect Pokémon was not fun and was way too tine-consuming to bother worth. So hacking allows for quicker preparation for tournies.
I hack in pokemon I just want and cant get, like pumkaboo or bunnery

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Two of them actually (you can see two girls kissing in the first pic).

But yeah that's pretty cool, I was skeptical at first because Disney are weird and I've seen people fake this kind of thing before.
The whole point of the movie is to show that people are all murderers in the inside and will do anything just because they can and a critic to the clasd system
It's exactly a dystopia

I find it funny how I still find people trying to deny that saying they're "just friends"

Wait, it actually happened???
I think Disney just gave up at this point
Did you actually watch the episode though? I want 100% confirmation it isn't photoshopped

>April
>Specter of Torment release
>Boku no Hero Season 2
ARE WE THERE YET?
To be fair, this isn't that surprising. Disney's been more open about the LGBT community. For example, one of the last episodes of Good luck Charlie was about the parents having over a gay couple and trying to connect with them. With the father not knowing which one would be into sports (they were both females) and essentially be like the guy when the wife had friends over. It was about awareness and focused on showing what scenarios like that are and was a good idea for an episode imo.

So 3 animated couples like that in SVTFE isn't to big of a shock.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I just made someone ragequit in 13 seconds on Smash 4.

I know For Glory is notorious for having some pretty salty people, but what the ****.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair, this isn't that surprising. Disney's been more open about the LGBT community. For example, one of the last episodes of Good luck Charlie was about the parents having over a gay couple and trying to connect with them. With the father not knowing which one would be into sports (they were both females) and essentially be like the guy when the wife had friends over. It was about awareness and focused on showing what scenarios like that are and was a good idea for an episode imo.

It IS considering Alex Hirsch wanted an openly gay character on Gravity Falls but wasn't allowed to but a gay character in at first, not to mention we're in a society in which people are still threatening the safety of the LGBT just because "I don't want to share a toilet with one of those filthy people"

I know For Glory is notorious for having some pretty salty people, but what the ****.
You main Cloud. That'd make me ragequit with friends
Oddly enough not when 4 Roys ganged up on me

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Uncharted movie confirmed trash
Even though the Ratchet and Clank movie supposedly wasn't any good, it at least had involvement from Insomniac, which gave some faith in the project.

Hearing that nobody at Naughty Dog has read the script gives me very little confidence.

One day we'll get that great video game movie, one day.

D

Deleted member

That was much easier than Narcian's battle. Or maybe just that I have better units now - 5* Eirika, Lucina, and Catria, and 4* Cecilia. Eirika aggro'd Robin and the mages with her huge Res, and the axe fighter with weapon triangle advantage, and Lucina and Catria mopped up the stragglers once Eirika's HP was too low to continue. Straightforward enough, I thought.

The new Focus is kind of lame, though. I'm just going to keep saving up my orbs until they add more new characters.

Also, I think attachment/avatar uploading might be dead again (couldn't upload the image as an attachment). Anyone want to potentially sacrifice their avatar to find out?
Edit: never mind, it seems to work now.
I tried it, my Nino needs literally one point of Res to be able to survive the first batch of enemies(she literally died to the last Mage who dealt 1 point of damage)
Gonna grind a bit so she can level up and then give the map another try

It's surprising because of all the censorship Disney did to GF
Then again, Disney treated GF like **** so maybe they just wanted to say no to Alex as much as possible

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really am worried about that Left Joy Con issue.

What's odd is that they didn't have this problem at the demos....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I made a Cloud quit on FG as Sonic

It was similar to this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I really am worried about that Left Joy Con issue.

What's odd is that they didn't have this problem at the demos....
Actually, some people on GAF have said 2 things
There was a case in which that happened, meaning it might be specific copies, like that one guy's grotesquely ****ed up Sm4sh copy
It could have been a bug that was made after future development as the Switch was allegedly not finished yet and prototypes were used

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Actually, some people on GAF have said 2 things
There was a case in which that happened, meaning it might be specific copies, like that one guy's grotesquely ****ed up Sm4sh copy
It could have been a bug that was made after future development as the Switch was allegedly not finished yet and prototypes were used
and the fact these switches that are messed up dont have the day 1 patch yet

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Still nothing compared to the countless bans Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin receives just because she happens to be good with Dedede.

Yes, go ahead and laugh that people are salty because they lose to a "low tier character" and report her for no reason.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I just got best FE girl :4robinf:. <3 Haha...

I completed the Normal difficulty so she's a 2 star but I'm fine with that. I'm interested in investing how she'd would line up when I upgrade her to a five star. Just by looking from her four and five star skillset, she seems like she'd be pretty strong based on first impressions.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Regarding the joy-cons, it does seem to be the minority of people affected, but it's still prevalent enough to be problematic, especially should this be a hardware issue instead of a patchable OS one. Nintendo needs to release a statement asap.

Also what's the deal with no VC at launch. That's pretty disappointing. Makes Nintendo seem not on the ball.

But hey... Miis can have blue hair...
you gotta have blue hair...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One time, I made a guy ragequit on Showdown just because I had a Scarf Lando lead and he didn't predict the scarf and got one turn one shorted.

Which isn't saying much because Showdown is notorious for flees. Like, just throw ToxaThorn on your team and rake in the ragequits.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Regarding the joy-cons, it does seem to be the minority of people affected, but it's still prevalent enough to be problematic, especially should this be a hardware issue instead of a patchable OS one. Nintendo needs to release a statement asap.

Also what's the deal with no VC at launch. That's pretty disappointing. Makes Nintendo seem not on the ball.

But hey... Miis can have blue hair...
you gotta have blue hair...
Dunno about the Wii, but 3DS and Wii U didn't launch with VC either. Though let's be honest
Nintendo was never on the ball with VC anyway

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Still nothing compared to the countless bans Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin receives just because she happens to be good with Dedede.

Yes, go ahead and laugh that people are salty because they lose to a "low tier character" and report her for no reason.
Er, hello everyone in a thread that I don't usually frequent. Apparently I got tagged, here. ;)

Just to add to what Aussie says here, I recently escaped from my eighth trip to For Glory Hell, but am now already well on the way to my ninth. It's happened enough times that I know just about every detail of how the automated false-reporting and banning system works, now. :laugh:

I've been tolerant of the unjust Smash-bans thus far, because I know that it's not feasible to have human moderation on a freebie online service, and understand that it needs to be automated in this case. If this quasi-brained feature returns in the Switch installment, however, that tolerance will not persist, since I'll be paying for the online service by then.

:laugh:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dunno about the Wii, but 3DS and Wii U didn't launch with VC either. Though let's be honest
Nintendo was never on the ball with VC anyway
I remember the Wii had VC at launch and the promise of all those future titles and systems was a big deal.

And the 3ds people I guess gave a pass to because it was the first time we were getting a portable VC so it's not like there was precedent.

But did the Wii U really not have VC at launch? Wow that system was messy.

And yeh, it's true. At this point I really think Nintendo should just opt to have a subscription service model for the VC, but that's far too forward thinking for them. Shame. :/

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Pumpkaboo plz; don't let For Glory salt prevent you from thinking Smash Switch can't happen. Then again, I doubt For Glory would be cut anytime soon, so... :p
I mean I still dont think smash on the switch will happen anytime soon but still, for glory is just salt central

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just watched SVTFoE S2 Ep20A
I don't think Opossum would like this. Though holy **** it was great
And I love how they lampshaded the fact Ferguson and Alfonzo were cut off the main cast. Which, speaking of, I'm glad they did it, because one, they are pieces of **** and I hated them since they first showed up and two, because Janna and Jackie are great characters who needed to escape background hell.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If the Switch's battery dies, it autosaves quickly
That's ****ing amazing
Er, hello everyone in a thread that I don't usually frequent. Apparently I got tagged, here. ;)

Just to add to what Aussie says here, I recently escaped from my eighth trip to For Glory Hell, but am now already well on the way to my ninth. It's happened enough times that I know just about every detail of how the automated false-reporting and banning system works, now. :laugh:

I've been tolerant of the unjust Smash-bans thus far, because I know that it's not feasible to have human moderation on a freebie online service, and understand that it needs to be automated in this case. If this quasi-brained feature returns in the Switch installment, however, that tolerance will not persist, since I'll be paying for the online service by then.

:laugh:
tbh you should file a complaint regardless

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just watched SVTFoE S2 Ep20A
I don't think Opossum would like this. Though holy **** it was great
And I love how they lampshaded the fact Ferguson and Alfonzo were cut off the main cast. Which, speaking of, I'm glad they did it, because one, they are pieces of **** and I hated them since they first showed up and two, because Janna and Jackie are great characters who needed to escape background hell.
Opopo wouldn't like it? Does that mean he's a filthy Starco shipper!
I SIDE WITH TEAM SWAMP NOW
TOMCO FOR LIFE

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
tbh you should file a complaint regardless
Don't worry, I have, several times. ;) Both with Nintendo UK, and Nintendo of America.

Though neither had any access to anything that could help me, outside of putting my complaints on-file to be fed back to HQ, both were very helpful and informative (with Nintendo UK even going so far as to explain the decentralised nature of the then-current online service - something I hope carries through to the Switch, as I would hate for false-reports in one game to affect my entire account on a paid service), and I cannot fault them at all. I had the privilege of dealing with some very nice people!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom