• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Where does the game imply that? I know he ran away, but I don't remember brute force being applied before he ran away.

I just realized something though.

Why didn't Hala or even Koko step in when:
Guzma's father physically beat him?

I can't imagine Hala not knowing, and if he did, I could see him step up as he's suppose to protect the island. So why didn't he?

Koko is more of a stretch, but again it's suppose to protect the people. Then again it doesn't seem to care to much.
The old man said "I tried to set that boy of mine straight, but when I did, I was the one who got beat". Just talked with him just now.

This could imply that he himself was the one that beat him in the end or his own Pokemon did. The implications most likely point to the former than the latter.

Honetsly, Hala should have stepped in to stop this abuse. Busy or not, he is a damn kahuna that shouldn't allow this behavior. As for Tapu Koko, it probably didn't care or needs to stalk people's houses to be aware. Or maybe it just didn't want to talk to a human that had little potential like Guzma.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The old man said "I tried to set that boy of mine straight, but when I did, I was the one who got beat". Just talked with him just now.

This could imply that he himself was the one that beat him in the end or his own Pokemon did. The implications most likely point to the former than the latter.

Honetsly, Hala should have stepped in to stop this abuse. Busy or not, he is a damn kahuna that shouldn't allow this behavior. As for Tapu Koko, it probably didn't care or needs to stalk people's houses to be aware. Or maybe it just didn't want to talk to a human that had little potential like Guzma.
Maybe Hala didn't know.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe Hala didn't know.
Perhaps you are right. The least he would have did is at least check out any suspicious behavior exhibited by the citizens (even Guzma's father).

Though given the fact that Guzma possibly ran away and took a boat to Ula Ula Island for PO Town, there was no way the islanders would have known except for Kukui. So the question remains, why didn't he (Kukui) do a thing?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guzma would be OP in Smash; he would beat you down and beat you down and never give up before dropping his sick mixtape to destroy all his opponents and reduce the field to ashes.
Next thing you now, your game download is corrupted and the game CD is ****ed up
Spoiler Where does the game imply that? I know he ran away, but I don't remember brute force being applied before he ran away.
The golf clubs were all broken and also his father said some weird ****

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I really hate how you can type a common phrase into google and instead of getting what you're looking for you get some kind of random company, film, etc. that happens to use that common word as it's name.

Of all the programs I have, Photoshop is one of the worst in my opinion, working with sprites.

I mostly actually use MS Paint, but GIMP is actually better. Photoshop just does some weird things and doesn't like working with objects that small
I'm more comfortable using Photoshop cuz it's what I've been using for years...

Though I know paint is better for Sprite work, but I haven't even touched Paint since my days of spraybrush doodles and simple ( yet sloppy) photo edits...and seeing the current interface, makes me not want to relearn it for the time being, though I'm sure it won't take me long...

I can manage if I keep it small but zoomed in...I don't need to make anything fancy or complicated if I'm just generating simple shapes and thumbnails...more like sketching at this point...

I'm curious if you've heard of a program called Alchemy...It's not for sprite work but it's sort of a sketching program...a way of generating ideas using shapes and lines...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a less horrific interpretation of why the golf clubs are broken

Because Guzma has a bad temper and broke them

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ah I see, I didn't notice that part to it. Then yeah its quite possible he beat his father.

Maybe Hala didn't know.
How could he not have known though?

Hala tells us the first time he is met that he makes it a point to know all that's happening on the island and he has to save the day if need be.

We know he also mentored Guzma for quite some time. Hala would likely have to know something about Guzma's parents before choosing to mentor him. This would likely be an offer given to his parents first, whom Hala would need to know. Being wise and knowledgeable, he should definitely see signs of abuse, such as behavior changes in Guzma ( his acting out over rejection and more, or even physical signs. He was beat with ****** golf clubs, that would leave a pretty visible mark. For Hala to mentor and train Guzma and not see these, seems pretty unlikely imo.

To take it a step further, let's assume that part of the abuse stems from Guzma being weak and losing battles. We know Guzma's stick is to always win and refuses to accept losing. This type of attitude usually steps from fathers in these scenarios in real life. Abusive fathers who discipline their child for losing in sports ( Such as the pokemon tournaments Guzma entered) or not doing good enough in their eyes, is a common theme with them.

It's possible that Guzma's attitude to always win developed cause of his abuse. Thus he feels he needs to always prove himself, even if he overpowered his father and escaped the abuse. Hell maybe that's another reason he teams up with Lusamine. She's a powerful female that unlike his mother, would not tolerate the abuse and admires his strength, something he lacked at home.

Wow that was a lot to write up out of nowhere....

I think its good to think about, and now I want to see them explore these aspects more in future. The story could get pretty deep depending on what they do with these themes in future.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Somehow, I knew that the mere mention of Guzma and Smash would spark the "bad childhood" discussion.

Guzma would be OP in Smash; he would beat you down and beat you down and never give up before dropping his sick mixtape to destroy all his opponents and reduce the field to ashes.
How did I not see this? Literally made my night.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** The Amazing world of Gumball did a Final Fantasy episode and its amazing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's Kalos time! Vote for either Delphox, Chestnaught, Yveltal, or Mucha Hawlucha.

This one's going to be good.
I won't vote in this one, but my choice is Hawlucha by elimination.
Yveltal would make no sense, I don't care too much for Chesnaught and some people here already know how I feel about Furry Potter.
I don't particularly care for Hawlucha either, but it's the best of these 4.
I'm baaaaaaaack. And this leaves us with this last Gen 6 poll that will run until the morning. Your last chocies include Sylveon, Goodra, Tyrantrum (I'm the mother****ing T-Rex), and Cthulu Malamar.

Tomorrow we shall cover Generation 7 (Alola) and that will be all for the Pokemon themselves. Thursday will be playable humans. But these won't be trainers, but humans that may have combat experience, psychokinesis, and other abilities to fight.
Tyrantrum is the only one I can get behind. It's also one of the few Gen 6 Pokemon I care for.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just watched the new Star Vs. The Forces of evil that was being discussed here.

Ignoring the possible transgender hints, Mrs. Heinous has some dark as hell lines.

"How about you let me rip out Princess Margo's spine and wear it as a scarf"

Seriously, how da **** did they get away with lines like this.

What is your most anticipated game of 2017 and why?
1. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Snake Pass

I'm baaaaaaaack. And this leaves us with this last Gen 6 poll that will run until the morning. Your last chocies include Sylveon, Goodra, Tyrantrum (I'm the mother****ing T-Rex), and Cthulu Malamar.

Tomorrow we shall cover Generation 7 (Alola) and that will be all for the Pokemon themselves. Thursday will be playable humans. But these won't be trainers, but humans that may have combat experience, psychokinesis, and other abilities to fight.
My pick is Tyrantrum. Although I like Malamar as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tyrantrum is one of my favorite pokemon, so that was an easy pick.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Top 10 Anime Crossovers
nickc.png

As expected, this sparked a petition to revive Danny Phantom and even TUFF

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top 10 Anime Crossovers
View attachment 126400
As expected, this sparked a petition to revive Danny Phantom and even TUFF
I'm surprised Tuff was that popular.
I thought it was ok, never got into it.

And A fairy oddparents X Danny Phantom crossover would be pretty interesting.

Edit:

And Oh my god these amazing world of gumballs have been hitting it on the head in both hilarity and creativeness. This prison episode was perfect, one of the ones I laughed the most at.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm surprised Tuff was that popular.
I thought it was ok, never got into it.

And A fairy oddparents X Danny Phantom crossover would be pretty interesting.

Edit:

And Oh my god these amazing world of gumballs have been hitting it on the head in both hilarity and creativeness. This prison episode was perfect, one of the ones I laughed the most at.

TUFF actually got some nice following, maybe it's because when it came out Fairly Odd Parents already reached trash levels, making TUFF the quality cartoon of Hartman at the time. While not as good as Danny Phantom, TUFF felt fresh and creative, yeah, Dudley is a complete ***, but the rest of the cast was funny, specially the villains.

Regarding Gumball, Im sure that in 5 years we'll look back and see this cartoon as a classic, sitting in the same pedestal where people put Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd & Eddy, pre-reboot PPG, etc.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TUFF actually got some nice following, maybe it's because when it came out Fairly Odd Parents already reached trash levels, making TUFF the quality cartoon of Hartman at the time. While not as good as Danny Phantom, TUFF felt fresh and creative, yeah, Dudley is a complete ***, but the rest of the cast was funny, specially the villains.

Regarding Gumball, Im sure that in 5 years we'll look back and see this cartoon as a classic, sitting in the same pedestal where people put Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd & Eddy, pre-reboot PPG, etc.
I'd say that's likely.

I watched the whole week of new episodes, and its the most I laughed at anything in awhile. The plots were all pretty good, and the progression and humor was just fantastic. Really surprised by how good they were, but it's why I love this show so much.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i just pulled seliph in fe heroes, so thats fun OH and tomorrow is when female robin comes out as a "GRAND HERO BATTLE" so please be ready for a meatgrinder

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah Efi. I'm a little annoyed that Doomfist isn't next.
I'm curious on her backstory, does she have any relation to Overwatch, and even Doomfist?
Maybe next one is Doomfist, fingers crossed.
Oh yeah, love your D.Va avatar by the way.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy **** The Amazing world of Gumball did a Final Fantasy episode and its amazing.
Wait, really?
I need to see this right now. Thanks for the infor my friend.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm curious on her backstory, does she have any relation to Overwatch, and even Doomfist?
Maybe next one is Doomfist, fingers crossed.
Oh yeah, love your D.Va avatar by the way.
From what we know of Efi, she's a child genius and has a love of robotics, even using robots to do chores for her, much to her parents dismay. She's recently been rewarded a grant from the Adawe Foundation, and she claims that she'll be flying on a trip somewhere in sort of celebration of the grant. Efi doesn't seem at all related to Overwatch in any form, though given that Doomfist is so far connected to Numbani, where Efi hails from, there is a bit of speculation if she might become the next Doomfist, but I highly doubt that. Some have gone rampant on the speculating, such as 'what if the plane she's on crashes and needs a new robotic body to survive?' or other such theories. That's kinda plausible, or she could become an android/cyborg like Genji if such a scene happens. Either way, even though she's a fictional character, I kinda hope that nothing bad happens to her on this trip she's going on, but knowing how a lot of OW's cast has a tragic backstory or two, I think Efi's story is in the making, and will probably be disclosed over the next few days.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Good lord, I don't post for one day and there's an ass ton of new posts. I'm just going to skip a majority of them.

Got bored and worked on this

Kurri ★ Kurri ★ did you see about the next Overwatch hero?
I did. Even read what people are deeming leaks, claming the next hero is a tank that's meant to be an alternative to Reinhardt.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I found a youtuber named WeeGee Plays.

He's kind of terrible.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cutanimals2.jpg

I've got some more. And this is probably weird without the context with what's listed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I found a youtuber named WeeGee Plays.

He's kind of terrible.
Yeah, I heard he made a pretty ****ty video on SAO, just for the sake of saying "it suck" and getting views.
People hating on SAO in general are pretty terrible now. It's clear that everything have been said and peoples are just beating a dead horse as usual.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, I heard he made a pretty ****ty video on SAO, just for the sake of saying "it suck" and getting views.
People hating on SAO in general are pretty terrible now. It's clear that everything have been said and peoples are just beating a dead horse as usual.
He made two videos saying that Paladins was Overwatch for poor people and that Team Fortress 2 is Overwatch for stupid people.

He's terrible at both of them. Like almost comically terrible.

At one point, he said Spy is the only class to counter Engineer.

Any Team Fortress 2 player will tell you Medic, Soldier and Demoman are much better choices.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
He made two videos saying that Paladins was Overwatch for poor people and that Team Fortress 2 is Overwatch for stupid people.

He's terrible at both of them. Like almost comically terrible.

At one point, he said Spy is the only class to counter Engineer.

Any Team Fortress 2 player will tell you Medic, Soldier and Demoman are much better choices.
Yep, another Youtuber that is doing stupid negatif content to get views and attention.
There is sure alot of peoples like this on Youtube now...*COUGH*Arin*COUGH*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All I know about TF2 is that Pyro counters Scout like crazy, one hit from a pyro and you will probably die.

But as heavy I mostly just have to worry about Spy and Sniper

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Filthy ningens and their awful Youtubers.
GodTube is way better and approved by Gowasu; a GodTuber in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom