• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Effie is a more soft spoken character that wants to feel pretty while being strong in Japan. The voice and localization however makes her into a literal workout addict that you would see in Planet Fitness.
So in other words, nothing original either way. Doesn't help that she tends to be oblivious or have that "Nothing unusual here" perspective to her strength in both versions last time I checked. But either way, whether she was changed or not, complaints would've happened regardless.
Edit: Actually, now that I think about it a bit more, in the US release, she seems to mix between actually being aware of her strength(as mentioned in some of her Private Quarters lines) and being oblivious to how unusual it is(last time I checked, she had this oblivious nature in her support with Kaze).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't think you should be saying that....

But what the hell.

Solid Snake likes to grab people by the *****.
Now that's just plain foul.

Now Bomberman has to be the one that plays Hilary Clinton. :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What's sad is that this isn't a joke

They gave Soleil more of a personality than 'omg dem sexy grills' so they aren't as amateurish is the original writers at least

Ehhhhhh
It limits customization, so those are more customizable. The skimpy outfit got replaced with a different one

Time to eat bugs to stick it to them*

*Someone ACTUALLY did this
It's less of the Soleil and more of Saizo and Beruka having "..." in their WHOLE ****ING DIALOGUE like their name is :pt:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't think you should be saying that....

But what the hell.

Solid Snake likes to grab people by the *****.
The many conspiracy theories you can make about the Smash Ballot.

Professor Layton is the Sith Lord.

Isaac killed Dumbledore

Bandanna Dee was a mistake

Ridley is too big.

I know, it's too soon.
King K. Rool did the Smash Ballot.

#ShovelKnightLivesMatter

Rayman confirmed!

Did Shantae's science went wrong?
I think the real story is how Cloud got in by saving Luigi's and how Inkling missed the bus and Corrin was chosen because he was there visiting

And also Mewtwo and Roy's insane workout regime to get back into Smash

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I think the real story is how Cloud got in by saving Luigi's and how Inkling missed the bus and Corrin was chosen because he was there visiting

But what about Lucas and Bayonetta?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out that Ampharos is "God tier" in Pokemon Go

Not the best in God tier, but in it regardless

Hell yeah!

Now if I can just find a mareep

(Also Espeon is God tier to, and I HAVE an espeon with good IV's)

D

Deleted member

I'm trying to give the Soldier class access to the Knight Crest so they can promote in FE8 but the only tutorial I can find doesn't tell me properly how to do it
**** this ****, I'm done
"Why you shouldn't show the entire ballot's results" by Masahiro Sakurai, a story about a powerful man learning about his limitations
"Featuring comments from the Intelligent Systems staff"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I just discovered that pokemon in pokemon go DO spawn in specific areas

Electric pokemon spawn in
  • Universty
  • College Campus
  • Industrial Parks
  • Residential
  • School
  • Railway
  • Commercial (Shopping Districts)
There is a college campus that connects to the park right near my house.

When I go to the park, I should wander the campus looking for Mareep

Edit: I think that's why sometimes I get electric pokemon in the park

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy and his ****tiness

Yeah but the ESRB and Concerned Mothers™ don't care about any of that
You mean Roy being the Super Humongously Intelligent Talented Lord right? That's what people usually mean when they call him the **** lord.

I've been waiting forever to make this joke.

My headcanon is that Roy trained with Ryu for his return for Smash Bros. Hence them being revealed at the same time.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You mean Roy being the Super Humongously Intelligent Talented Lord right? That's what people usually mean when they call him the **** lord.

I've been waiting forever to make this joke.

My headcanon is that Roy trained with Ryu for his return for Smash Bros. Hence them being revealed at the same time.
I always used the f word because he's the biggest of ****bois

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is the most non-canon February ever.

I wonder if Spring bullied Winter to ending early or something
I always used the f word because he's the biggest of ****bois
There is no f in ****. :estatic:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Roy's our boy, and there's nothing you can say or do that will take away from that
After all Roy has TEH PHIR3!!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Roy's our boy, and there's nothing you can say or do that will take away from that
After all Roy has TEH PHIR3!!
I've been waiting for a Smash Wii U remake of that video.

Figured someone would have jumped at that right when Roy was released.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The 2006 days of Youtube were the best.

I remember how like just about every video was a Linkin Park AMV of sorts. I was so in to that **** back then.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I miss Smash Machinimas.

I mean there are Smash 4 ones but they aren't as fun as the Melee and Brawl days

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Hard to believe that itty bitty Switch cartridge carries more memory that all of those other cartridges COMBINED (Breath of the Wild will be 13.4 GB in size, FYI)

"alright Peri, I know we jsut met, but if you get hit twice you die and that's a reset. I haven't gotten this far yet so I would like to at least finish the turn at least"

>gets a hit and then pointless crit at 3%
>gets another pointless 3% crit
>she used up all of her RNG powers
>fails to dodge a 40% attack

:060:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Hard to believe that itty bitty Switch cartridge carries more memory that all of those other cartridges COMBINED (Breath of the Wild will be 13.4 GB in size, FYI)
Thinking about cart memory. . .I wonder how much more they can add to a Smash 4 port, actually. I just looked up the Smash Bros Wii U file size and it seems pretty close to what I thought I heard the standard cart size for the Switch could hold at max.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thinking about cart memory. . .I wonder how much more they can add to a Smash 4 port, actually. I just looked up the Smash Bros Wii U file size and it seems pretty close to what I thought I heard the standard cart size for the Switch could hold at max.
Well, considering Smash Wii U is 15.6 GB and that "Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2" is A WHOPPING 32 GB on Switch, adding new stuff will be an breeze (but there's no way they're going use all of that though).

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So for all the Pokemon fans here, I made a new thread that I think you'd all be interested in. It's an expansion of a previous topic I made back in December (this is also the first time a thread I make isn't a support thread). Here's the link if you want to check it out:

https://smashboards.com/threads/nam...ry-pokemon-generation-you-experienced.445753/

**** the Hoshido children
I heard Shiro, Kiragi, and Shigure are planning to have a meeting with you about that comment.

"alright Peri, I know we jsut met, but if you get hit twice you die and that's a reset. I haven't gotten this far yet so I would like to at least finish the turn at least"

So you're on Chapter 12?

Have fun with all the pots. Just remember to be really cautious once you get to the middle portion when you can break all the pots there with a single Dragon Vein, but doing so can lead you to getting swarmed by enemy units.

Looking back at it, I think I could've cleared this chapter on Hard if I went through the hallways instead of taking the risk by going through the open portion.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; I ended up getting a Red Panda (among 3 other animal choices I cannot recall) from a randomizer as part of a project that involves 3D Modeling. There are other requirements involved, but I have to create a specific animal as a base model (good thing we can use as many shapes as we want).

I have a feeling Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo had something to do with this. :p

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

sunova that's MY gif!
The 2006 days of Youtube were the best.

I remember how like just about every video was a Linkin Park AMV of sorts. I was so in to that **** back then.
Damn, you're an edgy guy then

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, considering Smash Wii U is 15.6 GB and that "Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2" is A WHOPPING 32 GB on Switch, adding new stuff will be an breeze (but there's no way they're going use all of that though.
Yeah, you're right, they can always just use the larger cart size. I wonder why that wasn't more heavily in my mind when I said that, I feel like it almost clicked for a second and then just slipped from me.

It's impressive how many Wii U games were significantly smaller, though. Splatoon was only 1.8 GB, although they added a ton on via updates with that one. Nintendo can fit a lot into a small package often, and Smash is usually one of the larger games. Pokemon has started pushing the envelope on 3DS in terms of the largest game sizes used on 3DS, but by console standards that's still pretty small since Sun and Moon is 3.2 GB.

. . .I just realized that Pokemon Sun and Moon is significantly bigger in file size than Splatoon, LOL.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
From what I read when it comes to XCX's localization people were more upset about the removal of customizable breast sizes moreso than Lin's skimpy attire...

Not that the complaints were any more justified, mind you...
And then there's games like Conan where the man ting is complely visible coupled with it's own physics and ability to customize the size and noone cares.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mareep is a 10 KM egg

I feel like Pokemon Go has more respect and appreciation than the actual pokemon game

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 would would have known that the mere image of an echidna's anatomy would terrify you.

It's nature after all. :troll:
Listen mate, there's a COMPLETE difference between human anatomy AND echidna's anatomy.

That egg laying bloke's "thing" is the stuff of nightmares and you had the gall to show it to me. I think I need a cold shower after that. :urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Listen mate, there's a COMPLETE difference between human anatomy AND echidna's anatomy.

That egg laying bloke's "thing" is the stuff of nightmares and you had the gall to show it to me. I think I need a cold shower after that. :urg:
I'm pretty sure you've seen worst things.

I doubt Knuckles' "four headed monster" can be worst than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom