• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it wrong that I want Camilla to be playable?

Yeah right, you want it there just to remind us of how hard it is to kill in a Pokemon match.

I went with Meloetta just because. Those poor Serperior fans though. The salt will be real.
Yeah yeah, Greninja was added because of Protean.

Believe whatever you want.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well I'm gonna try and figure out what the full on disk roster would be.

HyruleWarriors had 13 so.. hmm..

1. Chrom
2. Corrin
3. Xander
4. Ryoma
5. Marth
6. Ike
7. Lyndis
8. Tharja
9. Hector
10. Azura
11. Roy
12. Lucina
13. Ephraim
Hyrule Warriors at least had a couple villains playable in the starting roster, not including Cia, Volga and Wizzro who were released for free. While the villains aren't exactly the most prominent in Fire Emblem, at the very least I can see Medeus happening for the beginning roster and maybe one of the Awakening Spotpass characters.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hyrule Warriors at least had a couple villains playable in the starting roster, not including Cia, Volga and Wizzro who were released for free. While the villains aren't exactly the most prominent in Fire Emblem, at the very least I can see Medeus happening for the beginning roster and maybe one of the Awakening Spotpass characters.
I was just making a list. I know villains were playable.

Medues and Black Knight are probably the most likely.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OK....so do I seriously need to outright leave the internet to avoid BotW spoilers, or does Nintendo seriously not want us to enjoy the game as much as they say they want us?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So the new Digimon game has a mechanic that lets you fuse your own mons in the middle of battle on the fly (I think Digimon World 3 had something similar).

And it completely breaks the game.
not only that if you have a high enough bond and a pair that can exe fuse if you get wiped your party can EXE fuse to avoid a loss
and it is the most amazingly anime thing ive ever seen

OK....so do I seriously need to outright leave the internet to avoid BotW spoilers, or does Nintendo seriously not want us to enjoy the game as much as they say they want us?
funfact japan showed a post credits next movie preview scene in the trailer for the live action attack on titan movie....so get used to japan spoiling the ever loving **** out of their media, like straight up never watch the opening to any videogame if you want to go in blind

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
One little monster isnt gonna ruin a game you cant even finish in a week

There is a lot more then that monster to see

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Unfortunately, this is the internet we're talking about.

And considering the size and nature of it, it just wouldn't be feasible for Nintendo to out right purge all spoilers off the internet. You're just going to have to tread lightly, or disappear off the internet entirely until you can get around to playing it.

Though I'm sure people on both here and Zelda Universe will have the decency to put any and all spoilers in spoiler tags.

Chrono.

not only that if you have a high enough bond and a pair that can exe fuse if you get wiped your party can EXE fuse to avoid a loss
and it is the most amazingly anime thing ive ever seen
Yeah that happened to me in my first Machinedramon fight. I thought it was scripted but nope it's just how the mechanic works.

The OP song playing is just the icing on the cake.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Give me a FE7 character for FE Warriors, that's all I ask
preferably Nino or Hector

Boomerang Bigot is a thing, you know
tbh it doesn't matter if you are of that race or not...if you show any sort of discrimination against a particular race, it's still racist...
Neither of you mentioned Uncle Ruckus. I'm disappointed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
arthropod.jpg

Um, I think I came upon some kind of politically motivated Wikipedia edit...?

Maybe, I dunno who this is

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Unfortunately, this is the internet we're talking about.

And considering the size and nature of it, it just wouldn't be feasible for Nintendo to out right purge all spoilers off the internet. You're just going to have to tread lightly, or disappear off the internet entirely until you can get around to playing it.

Though I'm sure people on both here and Zelda Universe will have the decency to put any and all spoilers in spoiler tags.
I mean it's going to be hard for Nintendo to purge spoilers if they are the ones that keep posting it...Youtubers are actually being reasonable by not showing specifics in their thumbnails...

The game's coming out in a week and a half and they keep throwing stuff out in the open...

One little monster isnt gonna ruin a game you cant even finish in a week

There is a lot more then that monster to see
I already know a heck of a lot more about the game than I want to know and with a week and a half away Nintendo's not exactly being subtle anymore anyways...and since the Switch event I am trying to make an effort to avoid trailers because I don't want to know anymore...

Especially considering the boss that they have shown looks a hell of a lot like Volvagia from OoT, which is really something I didn't want to know about before playing the game if it is...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who is he?

Never watched Boondocks in all my life. Maybe because it never appealed to me.
Shame on you for not knowing of Uncle Ruckus's name (No relations).

You missed out on one of the best Adult Swim shows since Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken.

But I can understand if you will never understand our culture. :pimp:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I've intentionally been avoiding footage of Breath of the Wild from the Treehouse and other sources for months because it's clearly the kind of game that offers the most when you enter it without a clue of what's out there and what you can do and how you do it. So I've barely seen more than the trailers. Well, I did see this gem:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've been spoiling myself on everything I can get my grubby paws on and I still feel like there's a ton I don't know about BotW, and half the things I do just leave me wondering even more about their context.

The game is less than two weeks away, I've spoiled myself as much as physically possible and I'm utterly impressed just how much they HAVE kept under wraps.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm basically going into Breath of the Wild super blind. I haven't looked much into the game outside of game trailers and article headlines.

Chrono.

So both Amazon and Gamestop closed BOTW pre orders for the Switch.

Hope you pre ordered.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So both Amazon and Gamestop closed BOTW pre orders for the Switch.

Hope you pre ordered.
Locked in a basic one on Target's site the day they were up.

Now I just have to hope they're bluffing about delivering it a day late.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Malcolm Turnbull is the Australian prime minister.

Also known as Mr. Trumble to Trump's secretary.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And now for something completely different.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And please don't hurt me Serperior fans. I went with Eelektross because it's a very appealing Pokemon, being a giant walking electric eel.

And not because it has no weaknesses.
Aw man, I have to decide between two of my favorite Alola Pokemon!

Looks like I'll have to go with Meloetta for this one because she's my favorite Unova Pokemon. I adore her design and how references song and dance, it has an interesting gimmick where a damaging attack lets it change forms, and it was one of the few good things about the BW anime for me. She could also have a pretty neat moveset referencing the singing and dancing capabilities she's known for.

Chandelure is a close second. Much like Empoleon, Pokken is proof Chandelure can be quite a capable fighter, and it could pull off the ghostly flame aspect pretty well amidst the battlefield.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
And now for something completely different.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And please don't hurt me Serperior fans. I went with Eelektross because it's a very appealing Pokemon, being a giant walking electric eel.

And not because it has no weaknesses.
**** missed out on voting for haxorus.....
krookodile. The shades say it all.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
**** missed out on voting for haxorus.....
krookodile. The shades say it all.
Not to worry mate, Haxorus fared well enough to be one point behind Genesect. So at least he did good.

Meanwhile, that same troll just won't stop crying over what happened to his beloved Fire Emblem (and recently Bomberman). lol

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Yeah, I can attest that Malcolm Turnbull is probably just as bad as Tony Abbott at this rate. Then again, I'm pretty anti-Liberal, politically speaking. Sometimes Australia's politics are just as dangerous as it's wildlife.

On the topic of going into BotW, I'll just be going in from the trailers, so as to truly step into a world with only one thing in mind, explore to my heart's content.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would post clips to shows how great Boondocks is but it'll be censor and it has swearing.

I recommend The Boondocks, however you HAVE to get over the hump of them saying the 'N'-word a lot and there's a massive amount of it that's larger than anything else. Also there's a lot of anime homage like Samurai Chaploon and even some Lupin the Third

tbh it doesn't matter if you are of that race or not...if you show any sort of discrimination against a particular race, it's still racist...
You say that and then I ask the damming question of why blacks hate their own race and each other more than other races?

There's an answer but I'm gonna leave it here
Not liking Ema Skye means you hate science!
Maybe I like Trucy more than Emma

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Not to worry mate, Haxorus fared well enough to be one point behind Genesect. So at least he did good.

Meanwhile, that same troll just won't stop crying over what happened to his beloved Fire Emblem (and recently Bomberman). lol
>by one point
coulda tied it.....ah well. At least it means the Kalos polls will be here sooner (fingers crossed Delphox and Yveltal are i them).
Tfw you still can't remember the name of the region after Unova and have to look it up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've been spoiling myself on everything I can get my grubby paws on and I still feel like there's a ton I don't know about BotW, and half the things I do just leave me wondering even more about their context.

The game is less than two weeks away, I've spoiled myself as much as physically possible and I'm utterly impressed just how much they HAVE kept under wraps.
So you are like me, Spoil the game for yourself and still are like " **** yeah"

I did that Dangan Rompa lol, I searched for all the spoilers I could get

Ivander

Smash Legend
After playing Overwatch for some time, I would like to ask people: What kind of alternate costumes/skins do you like or prefer?
This isn't so much a question about Overwatch. It's more a question of overall experience. You know, like with other Mobas, MMOs, fighting games or just games in general, like say Xenoblade or Bayonetta 2.
Basically:
What kind of alternate costumes or skins do you like or prefer? Do you like your costumes being clever? Simple? Over the top? Flashy? Referential? Maybe there's an elemental theme you prefer? Like fire-themed costumes? Or Ice-themed? Water? Earth? Lightning? Dark? Light?
Or besides elemental-themes, maybe you like themes of different styles or eras? Medieval? Retro? Futuristic? Sci-fi? Goth? Victorian? Themes of different countries? Greek-themed? Egyptian? Nordic? Irish? British? Asian?
What about themes based after myth and folklore? Phoenixes? Oni? Leprechauns? Dragons? Costumes after different gods or goddesses? Or maybe just simple things like cats or dogs? Birds like eagles and crows?

Okay, many different kinds aside...What kind of alternate costumes or skins do you like or prefer?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So you are like me, Spoil the game for yourself and still are like " **** yeah"

I did that Dangan Rompa lol, I searched for all the spoilers I could get
It's been a long time since I've dived into a game completely unspoiled. On one hand I might have a slightly more exciting experience gaming blind, but on the other hand the wait would absolutely drive me nuts and I'd probably end up doing something colossally stupid that could have been easily avoided by researching the game or following it during prerelease, LOL.

If a game is a good enough fit for you, it'll probably still be awesome even if you know what you're getting into. A good enough plot can still move you even if you know every twist, a good enough bit of gameplay can still make you crave trying it for yourself even if you've already seen someone else do it.

And aside from that, we still most likely haven't even hit the big wave of spoilers for BotW yet anyway. Judging by stuff like what game guide descriptions and the ESRB have let slip, we aren't even CLOSE to seeing everything that's in there yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom