• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow, you mates sure love your Pokémon, this will be an interesting two weeks to cover all seven generations.

At least since he's Ash's dad and all. :troll:
I thought that joke died already.

I don't see Delia as the type that dates her own Pokemon helper.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
"The Layton FAMILY will return" S-So We will see Laytons son again?!
Hopefully, hopefully we will see some other characters return too. Though something tells me Hino's just referring to Hershel and Katrielle (Not sure why she would "return" though considering the upcoming game is her debut....)
When I read that tweet, it gave me hope that we would see...

...Descole again because he is Layton's brother, and the Azran Legacy ending implies he has the potential to appear again in the series.

There's also the theory that Katrielle could be Descole's supposedly deceased daughter (the theory is related to the idea that Katrielle might not actually be Layton's daughter), and if it turns out to be the case, that would be pretty cool. I can see Descole appearing as his Desmond self in the Lady Layton series and appearing as a mentor to Katrielle.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When I read that tweet, it gave me hope that we would see...

...Descole again because he is Layton's brother, and the Azran Legacy ending implies he has the potential to appear again in the series.

There's also the theory that Katrielle could be Descole's supposedly deceased daughter (the theory is related to the idea that Katrielle might not actually be Layton's daughter), and if it turns out to be the case, that would be pretty cool. I can see Descole appearing as his Desmond self in the Lady Layton series and appearing as a mentor to Katrielle.
The Layton family is quite complex so I suppose this is possible.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When did you start liking professor layton?
I always did. :p I see him as a role model.

Just don't show it much as I have only played Curious Village and Pandora's Box, so I don't know most of the story. I don't want to be spoiled though, so I keep out of discussions too. Yeah...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm loving Felicia. Strong enough with her timer ability, plus she can heal adjacent units after each move. Awesome.
So you could heal all 3 other units if placed right. I think she's perfect for a defensive formation, better than most healers I assume.
Just 2 more levels and you and Anna will be 4*s.....except I also need feathers ;.;

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought that joke died already.

I don't see Delia as the type that dates her own Pokemon helper.
Look at the way he comfortably sits next to her in the Sun & Moon anime.

That literally screams "This is my PokeHusband that I trust". Who else would be his father? :p

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Isn't it the second game to be planned to be released on the SNES 13 years after its discontinuation ?
There are lots of pirates and homebrew games so it's kind of hard to say. Still the game looks pretty impressive and is pretty much completed. I've never donated to a Kickstarter (not even Mighty #9), but I may actually put out some money towards this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There are lots of pirates and homebrew games so it's kind of hard to say. Still the game looks pretty impressive and is pretty much completed. I've never donated to a Kickstarter (not even Mighty #9), but I may actually put out some money towards this.
The mods are double posting and it isn't Fal. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT
EDIT: Crash confirmed to release July 30th

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic Mania's getting a physical release on the Switch according to an online store. It had it for pre order and customer service confirmed it's physical
EDIT: Argos was the store
Assuming the physical release for Mania is true, I hope the collector's edition is updated to have a physical copy.

Still, since I plan on double dipping with the Switch version, I suppose I could get a physical copy then.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
The new Pokémon poll is up.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And yes, voting for Raichu can mean either its Kanto or Alola counterpart.

Have fun voting, this might be the last Gen 1 related thing I'll do.
I feel like Meowth, Gengar, and Dragonite should've been included in the poll, but these are all Mons I've seen requested.

Even with these four, it's super tough.

A giant, slower Squirtle with more (anti)firepower that allows people to live out their Vs. Charizard fantasies on the big screen.

A super slow contender for heaviest or 2nd heaviest fighter in the game with some interesting possible gimmicks involving sleep.

The potential original mascot with the greatest random move since Judgment, along with other intriguing, unique Fairy moves.

A heavier, potentially more vicious and potent counterpart to Pikachu. A cannon without the glass?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I feel like Meowth, Gengar, and Dragonite should've been included in the poll, but these are all Mons I've seen requested.

Even with these four, it's super tough.

A giant, slower Squirtle with more (anti)firepower that allows people to live out their Vs. Charizard fantasies on the big screen.

A super slow contender for heaviest or 2nd heaviest fighter in the game with some interesting possible gimmicks involving sleep.

The potential original mascot with the greatest random move since Judgment, along with other intriguing, unique Fairy moves.

A heavier, potentially more vicious and potent counterpart to Pikachu. A cannon without the glass?
She made a separate poll that included those and Machamp...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The mods are double posting and it isn't Fal. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT
EDIT: Crash confirmed to release July 30th
June 30th, actually. Not July.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I blame Warchamp. You will only need to panic if I start posting like I do in the BRoom. :088:

Also Fal's setting a bad example methinks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Actually, here are all of the Splatoon 1 manga: https://squidboards.com/threads/splatoon-corocoro-manga-issues-2-4-translated.25539/

Speaking of Nintendo franchises getting manga adaptions, why the hell does "The Legend of Zelda: Oath of Lilto" manga (a manga where neither :4zelda: or even :4link: are main characters) STILL doesn't have an English translation?

The ENTIRE manga has already been scanned so there's no excuse for this. :glare:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Horizon Zero Dawn...

has some interesting cutscenes.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Horizon Zero Dawn...

has some interesting cutscenes.
I'm see the developers are very influenced by the production value of Dynasty Warriors III.

In all seriousness, the lack of production of value on what appears to be a big AAA exclusive experience published by Sony leaves a lot to be desired.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Grrrr... I bought a booster juice cause I hadn't had one in a while. So I was walking home and this one side walk is icy and I slip and death grip my drink. Smoothie everywhere. I didn't even take a sip.

****ing assholes. I wish people graveled their sidewalks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Grrrr... I bought a booster juice cause I hadn't had one in a while. So I was walking home and this one side walk is icy and I slip and death grip my drink. Smoothie everywhere. I didn't even take a sip.

****ing ********. I wish people graveled their sidewalks.
I would go back and ask for another saying " I had a misfortunate accident and it spilt all over the ground"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm see the developers are very influenced by the production value of Dynasty Warriors III.

In all seriousness, the lack of production of value on what appears to be a big AAA exclusive experience published by Sony leaves a lot to be desired.
Do you think this is indicative of the whole game?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Do you think this is indicative of the whole game?
To be fair to the game, the actual part where you play the thing seems fairly sound. However, if the game wants to have its narrative chops to be taken seriously, such shoddiness in its production damages the whole product.

Horizon will probably be a fine game, good even. But when you have the backing of the console maker, I think it's fair assume a level of polish that this scene does not show. The scene can be just a one-off misstep, I'll give it that much. Maybe I just expected a little better from a Sony published game in 2017, especially considering how high the production value is in something like an Uncharted 4.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh I forgot that I had a dream that a Zelda game made by From Softward. When I woke up I was kinda sad it wasn't real.

D

Deleted member

Happy birthday @Knight Dude.
By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this, but until June (In which I will start my second Pokemarathon) I'm on somewhat of a break from Pokemon. Of course, I'm still a fan of the series and I'm still gonna join Pokemon related discussions, but I plan to get into different franchises
However, I'm not sure I will post reports with my progress for these games or not so... Is it worthy of a straw poll?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It totally would.

Also... what is your avatar from?
From an anime called Aggressive Retsuko. its about a working Red Panda in accounting named Retsuko who keeps getting more and more work piled on her by co workers and just all around getting irritated at them but instead of talking back to them she goes to karaoke and sings death metal

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
From an anime called Aggressive Retsuko. its about a working Red Panda in accounting named Retsuko who keeps getting more and more work piled on her by co workers and just all around getting irritated at them but instead of talking back to them she goes to karaoke and sings death metal
That's interesting. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom