• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Going back to the guy making comments about gamers being reluctant to welcome newcomers and sort of acting like ******** to them.

That's just all sorts of nerdom in general. How many times do people only watch Marvel or DC movies get told their not real fans of the characters because they only watch the movies? Or how about how book nerds shun people if they've only seen the movie adaption?

It even goes into the direction of sports. Humans just can't be nice to other humans it seems.
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/no-true-scotsman/

No True Scotsman is a terrible thing to mix with our natural tendency for tribalism.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's my birthday. Not sure if I'm gonna be on here for the rest of the day though. Which sucks, but it is still the middle of the week.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't care if Im super late to the PSNow dropping Vita news; I had to do this.

psvded.jpg

It's my birthday. Not sure if I'm gonna be on here for the rest of the day though. Which sucks, but it is still the middle of the week.
Happy Birthday, hope you enjoy your day anyway. :sheep:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Elitism occurs in like every fanbase in like every discipline, and is unfortunate and embarrassing, but as long as you personally don't look down on the less experienced simply for being less experienced or encourage others to do so, you're not part of the problem. And if you can help them immerse themselves in the community, even better. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Sucky situation but not one with a particularly difficult solution.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Welp, I'm 18 now. How have you guys been?
I haven't been here in a while.
And happy birthday to you too. You're officially no longer a child. :p

---------------------

I'll take a long break from Fire Emblem after I've finished Revelations. Fatigue has set in, and why wouldn't it, given I've sunk 130 hours into it and it's been barely two months.

Will play Bravely Default or something. Awakening will have to wait.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp, I'm 18 now. How have you guys been?
I haven't been here in a while.

So, Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash?
I'd say Pinsir or Gengar.
I'm not that much of a fan of the two, I just think they'd have interesting movesets.
This may or may not be late, but happy birthday! :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Oh for sure. I've been with him through clashing peons (First Samurai Warriors, 4 and Warriors Orochi series) from teenage hood to now and that means alot imo since he dethroned Link (since childhood) as my number one favorite. He even wields my favorite weapon!

Anyways... I suppose it does make sense after all. I only have Kagero for a brief moment but I'm going to look over her skillsets and find out if she has that skill that nerf the enemy's HP like she could do in the original Fates Birthright.

The troubadour you described could possibly mean either Clarine or Elise. I actually have Clarine right now so maybe I should experiment with her later on.

Also...

Incest and twincest is life.

... ... ...

Yeah I don't know either. Could sound like something from the FE team so... XD

I didn't play the recent Zelda games to see if there was a story difference that changed their relationship but I understand that Zelda is still Link's love interest right?
Yup it's Clarine. I'm gonna use Elise or someone else as my troubadour.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I almost have my 4* Clarine at level 40.

She's a good healer, Martyr really makes things easier in the heat of battle too. My Clarine has a decent defence stat as well, so she can tank some hits from melee and ranged units.

It's the stigma of filthy casual.

They have no problem with what you do and how you do it but from their standpoint, atleast have more than just the basic knowledge and information.

That and in some twisted weird way, they're telling you to enjoy the best of the best before going into everything else.

Best example has been for anime, gaming and wrestling itself.

It's why JoJo fans most cases hate Anime-Only fanboys who just memespout. They like for them to have knowledge of other stuff.

TL;DR
Read Steel Ball Run you *******, it's good ****
Never got the Steel Ball Run hype tbh.

It was pretty good, but I didn't really enjoy it compared to other parts, even Part 6.

I mean, it was better than part 5 at least :p

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It turns out Level 5 did do something to commemorate Layton's 10th anniversary. A new Professor Layton Twitter account has opened. It features the Professor tweeting in many different languages.

Level 5 CEO Akihiro Hino also left this tweet for Layton's 10th anniversary:

Tagging Curious Villager Curious Villager , Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , FalKoopa FalKoopa , @Moydow, and @|Ersatz| since you five are Layton fans, and you'll probably want to follow that new Twitter page upon hearing the news.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Finally caught up with Smashified hints.

If "Lightning" is Phosphora muh girl....I will be overjoyed!!!
No idea who Taurus is but some said Sora and I like that idea so I'm hoping on that bandwagon.
Clumsy could be anyone not from earthbound so I'm having a wild guess and shall say.... Elma

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It turns out Level 5 did do something to commemorate Layton's 10th anniversary. A new Professor Layton Twitter account has opened. It features the Professor tweeting in many different languages.

Level 5 CEO Akihiro Nino also left this tweet for Layton's 10th anniversary:

Tagging Curious Villager Curious Villager , Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo , FalKoopa FalKoopa , @Moydow, and @|Ersatz| since you five are Layton fans, and you'll probably want to follow that new Twitter page upon hearing the news.
I wonder, should I send them some of my Layton 3D models? I wonder how Level-5 would react? :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Happy Birthday mate.

People getting their panties in a bunch over DLC is both funny and frustrating.

On the one hand, they have no understanding of how game development works (I'm not saying I'm some sort of master, but the claims some people make are baffling). On the other hand, a lot of people have no understanding of how game development works and start spreading a whole ton of misinformation, with little to no basis other than, "I say it's true!"

Also, this tweet:
It doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world right? Let's be more open and inclusive about gaming as a whole.

But some of the responses to this... Christ. Some people desperately want to cling on to the idea that video games are some highly prestigious thing that must be kept away from the ignorant masses who will do everything they can to ruin the sanctity of gaming.

Like calm down, it's video games.

In other news. Watched the sixth episode of Kobyashi Dragon Maid earlier today.

It was... lewd, not in a good way.
I like the fact that there's a gay relationship growing between the two girls, I don't like how it's being handled. The build up was cute, hell I don't even think sitting on each other's laps is that bad. But then things heated up too fast. They're still children, putting them in loving situations is one thing, but putting them in sexual ones (or at least the beginning of one before it gets broken up) is another. It's even weirder when you realize that Kobayashi and Tohru haven't even gotten close to those levels with their relationship.

There was also the section with Best Dragon Lucoa and a young Wizard. I'll admit, I do enjoy that sort of stuff, and I did enjoy that scene, but I do recognize the issues that come with it and I'd rather it done in lewd focused material than a regular anime.
I'd imagine a lot of people would be turned off from the show after what happened. Thankfully the last third wasn't lewd, it was actually really adorable, and it's the exact reason why I still love this anime.
Fafnir and Takiya bonding gives me life.
I love those two, but even that scene made me slightly uncomfortable.

They are kids, but Japan is just showing no filter as usual with their media....

Still love Dragon Maid to bits regardless.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I'm back into D3 playing the current update w/RoS and I'm an addict once more. I was playing it when I had a weird ass yet awesome crossover idea. Not a true crossover per say. More like Hyrule Warriors, where its the idea of one game and characters from another.

Pokémon x Diablo. The game style of Diablo but with Pokémon.

Depending on the classes I'd buy the hell out of that.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So I'm back into D3 playing the current update w/RoS and I'm an addict once more. I was playing it when I had a weird *** yet awesome crossover idea. Not a true crossover per say. More like Hyrule Warriors, where its the idea of one game and characters from another.

Pokémon x Diablo. The game style of Diablo but with Pokémon.

Depending on the classes I'd buy the hell out of that.
So, Pokemon Rumble but not ****?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The new Pokémon poll is up.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And yes, voting for Raichu can mean either its Kanto or Alola counterpart.

Have fun voting, this might be the last Gen 1 related thing I'll do.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now tagging PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate for the Best Starter hype.

This is tough. On one hand, I've always wanted to play as Blastoise.

On the other hand, Snorlax was my OG tank and Pulverizing Pancake would be the best Final Smash.

This is too difficult.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Of course everyone wants the watery tank turtle. Who would have guessed?

That One Piece chapter though. Why must there be a break every time something good happens?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, Ephraim.

Complaining about the rumors people spread about you and your sister is kinda stupid when you say stuff like this:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently check Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (I can't wait for this game!) artist Masatsugu Saitou's artworks, it's not a secret that besides anime characters, OC characters, he also draw other Nintendo character artworks. Official one is Fire Emblem Celica (YES that Celica from Fire Emblem Echos, I'm pretty sure some people prefer Saitou's version than the one on the upcoming 3DS game artwork)
Also Agnes and Edea from Bravely Default
Saitou's artwork of Agnes is meh, Edea though is perfect.

Saitou is notable for his Rakuten Tsuihou artworks, and will Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have character designs that sort of pays a homage for that? Or at least some reference? I think we already have not only one... but two...

I saw an artwork Saitou draw that is from Oboro Muramasa which is a hotspring scene. I am not gonna post this even though it is not NSFW (I don't wanna get warning or even banned...). You will still see one of the character Monohime's butt... this artwork reminds me of the script that we saw back in the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer which involves characters Nia, Homuram Hikari in a hot spring... so one good news is that Saito knows how to draw hot spring scene which I won't be surprised if he did draw one for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, probably won't be in the game but in the Special Artbook (Which yes I believe they will have one as one of the special edition bundle just like Xenoblade Chronicles X).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TFW Blastoise is an option but Venusaur isn't.

Out of the options present on the poll though, I'd probably say Snorlax, though I don't really want any Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash aside from Gengar (And even then, it's just a mild interest), so I won't vote this time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

"The Layton FAMILY will return" S-So We will see Laytons son again?!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
"The Layton FAMILY will return" S-So We will see Laytons son again?!
Hopefully, hopefully we will see some other characters return too. Though something tells me Hino's just referring to Hershel and Katrielle (Not sure why she would "return" though considering the upcoming game is her debut....)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So the packaging for The Last Jedi products was shown off:

Long hair for Rey and she keeps the Skywalker Lightsaber.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hopefully, hopefully we will see some other characters return too. Though something tells me Hino's just referring to Hershel and Katrielle (Not sure why she would "return" though considering the upcoming game is her debut....)
What a post to wake up too, I almost screames lol And they layton account is pretty cute

But his son was the best layton in the family. I would love to see Kat try and deal with his personalitys

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Im glad to see Professor Layton was not forgotten. And here I thought they did forget about him
Well he was mentioned a few times during the trailer so he wouldn't have. Plus he's the most popular character in the series so they couldn't really.

I just hope they won't pull an Apollo Justice and forget about the other characters though.....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I had the strangest dream. I had a dream I lived with the old Joseph Joestar
Well he was mentioned a few times during the trailer so he wouldn't have. Plus he's the most popular character in the series so they couldn't really.

I just hope they won't pull an Apollo Justice and forget about the other characters though.....
They cant just forget aboit Decole for sure, He is the main villian well him and Don

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Alm and Celica aren't in Fire Emblem Warriors from the start I feel they'll probably be the first dlc characters to be added.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Happy days ahead.

And wow, that is one seriously multilingual twitter account. Makes it even more awesome.

Now please give us more details on Lady Layton. Pretty please? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom