• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Listening to the Revolutions podcast about Simón Bolívar has made me kinda want a Warriors game about the Spanish-American independence movements.

I want Warriors games of lots of things, tbh, but that was one that came to mind recently.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do you at least remember the specials you gave him?

I would like to hear it.
Errrr....If I remember correctly

UpB-Phantom Force (I think...I can't remember exactly what i used for his recovery special, but it may have been a ghostly teleport similar to Farore's Wind)
SideB-Hypnosis (A short ranged hypnotic beam puts foes to sleep if facing Gengar)
Neutral B-Sludge Bomb (I remember using this since Mewtwo already had Shadow Ball, animation is pretty much the same as it is in the Gen 6/7 games)
Down B-Dream Eater (Think Wario's Bite/Nosferatu absorbs health from Sleeping Foes, still a command grab if opponent is awake but doesn't do damage)

Final Smash-Mega Gengar Dark Pulse
(After transforming into Mega Gengar powerful dark waves will burst outward, similar to one of Tabuu's attacks...of course they could just use his Burst Attack from Pokken)

Pretty much all of his Smash attacks were a variant of Shadow Punch I remember...and his tongue for his tilts :p

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Welp, I'm 18 now. How have you guys been?
I haven't been here in a while.

So, Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash?
I'd say Pinsir or Gengar.
I'm not that much of a fan of the two, I just think they'd have interesting movesets.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

So, Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash?
I'd say Pinsir or Gengar.
I'm not that much of a fan of the two, I just think they'd have interesting movesets.
Happy Birthday mate.

Pinsir is definitely an interesting choice. Who wouldn't want to play as the original Kuwagata? :awesome:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Somebody with a Yukimura Avi? Awesome!!! I only played Samurai Chronicles on 3DS...but....I spent well over 400 hrs of my life in it so.... yh. (still pissed off leyasu won in the end, not mah boi mitsunari ishida but you can't change history I guess)

And sorry I have none of these characters but Kagero is supposedly the best Thief in the game atm.
The best troubadour (and healer in general) is some pink clohes, blond hair little girl that I managed to get but don't want to use. idc if 4 stars.
Oh for sure. I've been with him through clashing peons (First Samurai Warriors, 4 and Warriors Orochi series) from teenage hood to now and that means alot imo since he dethroned Link (since childhood) as my number one favorite. He even wields my favorite weapon!

Anyways... I suppose it does make sense after all. I only have Kagero for a brief moment but I'm going to look over her skillsets and find out if she has that skill that nerf the enemy's HP like she could do in the original Fates Birthright.

The troubadour you described could possibly mean either Clarine or Elise. I actually have Clarine right now so maybe I should experiment with her later on.

Also...

How would you guys react if it turned out Link and Zelda are siblings?
Incest and twincest is life.

... ... ...

Yeah I don't know either. Could sound like something from the FE team so... XD

I didn't play the recent Zelda games to see if there was a story difference that changed their relationship but I understand that Zelda is still Link's love interest right?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

... ... ...

I didn't play the recent Zelda games to see if there was a story difference that changed their relationship but I understand that Zelda is still Link's love interest right?
There is a theory suggesting that OoT Link and Zelda are siblings...

----

AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
I double checked and it turns out my Gengar moveset was posted to Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma 's Gengar support thread...

It's under the name Bobert77, which was my old username back then...

https://smashboards.com/threads/gengar-the-original-ghost-pokemon-thank-you-for-supporting.421527/

Chrono.

... ... ...

It depends on the game.

Stuff like Skyward Sword and Zelda II go with the love interest angle, others like OoT and TP are far more ambiguous or non-existant (hell, in TP it's heavily implied Link and Ilia are a thing instead) and WW/PH/ST goes for a partners-in-crime angle thing.

Though I asked about the whole sibling thing out of curiosity, I didn't think this many people would jump on all the incest jokes. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I had to pick another Generation I Pokémon for Smash, I'd go with Snorlax.

It's easily one of the most iconic Pokémon, incredibly popular, and could offer a nice extreme heavyweight moveset.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If I had to pick another Generation I Pokémon for Smash, I'd go with Snorlax.

It's easily one of the most iconic Pokémon, incredibly popular, and could offer a nice extreme heavyweight moveset.
Something tells me I'm going to need two extra polls for this. :laugh:

But Snorlax is a great one. Imagine Pulverizing Pancake as the Final Smash.

EDIT: The Image uploader is dead again?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
MAN, that was pretty funny. Was on a Discord I found elsewhere on the internet and some guy kept insisting that BotW DLC was preventing another game being made using some flawed logic.

That wasn't the funny part.

The funny part started with him using downvote Emoji on everyone that disagreed with him and upvote emoji on himself.

The part that really got me was when he finally said what position of expertise he was taking his position from.

"I'm a programmer."

"What kind of programmer?"

"for the government."

Yeah, I don't know anything about programming, but I. . .think those are two different skillsets. It sounds like someone who builds airplanes saying they know how car assembly lines work, or a guy who makes tables giving his two cents on home construction deadlines.

Then a mod started to break it up while I started typing this and he said "See? You guys are the real trolls."

*checks* It's apparently still going and the mod is going all caps at this point but being ignored by everyone. Kek.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well since I'm going to bed the correct answers to get a year premium were..

Favourite anime: Sailor Moon
Favourite superhero: Batman
Favourite cartoon: Adventure Time
Favourite Pokemon: Scolipede

D

Deleted member

Well since I'm going to bed the correct answers to get a year premium were..

Favourite anime: Sailor Moon
Favourite superhero: Batman
Favourite cartoon: Adventure Time
Favourite Pokemon: Scolipede
Oooooooh, I actually recall you mentioning that you liked those things. Aside from Batman. Darn it, I should've guessed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Scolipede!?!

More like ...LOLipede
I don't think you'd be laughing if an eight foot tall centaur of a centipede was staring down at you.

Also, hunting patterns:

It clasps its prey with the claws on its neck until it stops moving. Then it finishes it off with deadly poison.
With quick movements, it chases down its foes, attacking relentlessly with its horns until it prevails.
Keep in mind it doesn't have a Gen 7 entry yet and thus this is BEFORE the fresh wave of extremely dark Pokedex entries, and what something eight feet tall would logically hunt. Have fun out there!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
People getting their panties in a bunch over DLC is both funny and frustrating.

On the one hand, they have no understanding of how game development works (I'm not saying I'm some sort of master, but the claims some people make are baffling). On the other hand, a lot of people have no understanding of how game development works and start spreading a whole ton of misinformation, with little to no basis other than, "I say it's true!"

Also, this tweet:
It doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world right? Let's be more open and inclusive about gaming as a whole.

But some of the responses to this... Christ. Some people desperately want to cling on to the idea that video games are some highly prestigious thing that must be kept away from the ignorant masses who will do everything they can to ruin the sanctity of gaming.

Like calm down, it's video games.

In other news. Watched the sixth episode of Kobyashi Dragon Maid earlier today.

It was... lewd, not in a good way.
I like the fact that there's a gay relationship growing between the two girls, I don't like how it's being handled. The build up was cute, hell I don't even think sitting on each other's laps is that bad. But then things heated up too fast. They're still children, putting them in loving situations is one thing, but putting them in sexual ones (or at least the beginning of one before it gets broken up) is another. It's even weirder when you realize that Kobayashi and Tohru haven't even gotten close to those levels with their relationship.

There was also the section with Best Dragon Lucoa and a young Wizard. I'll admit, I do enjoy that sort of stuff, and I did enjoy that scene, but I do recognize the issues that come with it and I'd rather it done in lewd focused material than a regular anime.
I'd imagine a lot of people would be turned off from the show after what happened. Thankfully the last third wasn't lewd, it was actually really adorable, and it's the exact reason why I still love this anime.
Fafnir and Takiya bonding gives me life.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Isn't it just one gal?

Saying the same thing over and over and over and over.....
Well, apparently the guy had a ton of people in his mentions pissed off about it too.
The point is, people feel entitled to things they shouldn't feel entitled to.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

I like the fact that there's a gay relationship growing between the two girls, I don't like how it's being handled. The build up was cute, hell I don't even think sitting on each other's laps is that bad. But then things heated up too fast. They're still children, putting them in loving situations is one thing, but putting them in sexual ones (or at least the beginning of one before it gets broken up) is another. It's even weirder when you realize that Kobayashi and Tohru haven't even gotten close to those levels with their relationship.

There was also the section with Best Dragon Lucoa and a young Wizard. I'll admit, I do enjoy that sort of stuff, and I did enjoy that scene, but I do recognize the issues that come with it and I'd rather it done in lewd focused material than a regular anime.
I'd imagine a lot of people would be turned off from the show after what happened. Thankfully the last third wasn't lewd, it was actually really adorable, and it's the exact reason why I still love this anime.

Uh... I was actually considering watching all the episodes of Dragon Maid (I'd guess there are 12 coming overall and I've completed the 1st episode), but I am not sure I'd enjoy watching the moments you just described that show up in future episodes due to my dislike of fan-service or other similar elements. While I can tolerate a bit of fan-service as long as it's not over the top, I do question if this would be considered too much.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, apparently the guy had a ton of people in his mentions pissed off about it too.
I don't see the other ones.

Most seem to agree.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't see the other ones.

Most seem to agree.
What you're looking at are replies.

What he's talking about are mentions. Replies are mentions, but mentions are not replies. Basically a mention is just tagging someone, doesn't need to be a direct reply to the post. For example, if I were to tag you in the Melee forum, you would see it, but everyone else here would just carry on.

Uh... I was actually considering watching all the episodes of Dragon Maid (I'd guess there are 12 coming overall and I've completed the 1st episode), but I am not sure I'd enjoy watching the moments you just described that show up in future episodes due to my dislike of fan-service or other similar elements. While I can tolerate a bit of fan-service as long as it's not over the top, I do question if this would be considered too much.
It's... not over the top. But at the same time, for that episode specifically, it definitely can make people uncomfortable. Thankfully, they're not super long scenes, but boy that one between the two girls, for as short as it was, it got really serious.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's... not over the top. But at the same time, for that episode specifically, it definitely can make people uncomfortable. Thankfully, they're not super long scenes, but boy that one between the two girls, for as short as it was, it got really serious.

Well, that's good to know; I might end up skipping that part then since I doubt it would matter if I did. It makes me wonder how the remaining 6 episodes will be handled...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
People getting their panties in a bunch over DLC is both funny and frustrating.

On the one hand, they have no understanding of how game development works (I'm not saying I'm some sort of master, but the claims some people make are baffling). On the other hand, a lot of people have no understanding of how game development works and start spreading a whole ton of misinformation, with little to no basis other than, "I say it's true!"

Also, this tweet:
It doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world right? Let's be more open and inclusive about gaming as a whole.

But some of the responses to this... Christ. Some people desperately want to cling on to the idea that video games are some highly prestigious thing that must be kept away from the ignorant masses who will do everything they can to ruin the sanctity of gaming.

Like calm down, it's video games.

I agree with both your point about the DLC and your comment about gaming, although I only really have anything to add to the latter.

The video game industry won't be able to last forever if it's insulated. Without more people coming in, the existing people will just drift away and eventually die off. There's no real sanctity to any of it, people are just as much if not outright more irrationally angry as it is than they would be if a newcomer wave came in, there'd just be all new complaints in the latter case whereas right now everything is just beating a dead horse no matter the topic anymore. If people are ignorant, how does keeping them away educate them and make them less ignorant?

That said, bile fascination dictates that I'm going to see just how bad the comments on that Tweet got.

*reads a couple*

Wow, this one girl that keeps responding to him is incredibly introverted. Like, to the point that she seems to resent human contact.

Kinda reminds me of the time during the Pokemon Go explosion where someone got really offended that a random person actually tried to strike up a conversation with them about the app.

*EDIT* Wasn't paying enough attention, got a detail wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've noticed that people tend to take obviously dumb/agressive people way too seriously. Granted, I had to learn this the hard way, as I learned that taking things too personally from random people was ruining me from the inside out. It's not even like arguing with (random people changes anything about them most of the time. For people to change it either has to be personally or group related from what I've experienced.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I've noticed that people tend to take obviously dumb/agressive people way too seriously. Granted, I had to learn this the hard way, as I learned that taking things too personally from random people was ruining me from the inside out. It's not even like arguing with (random people changes anything about them most of the time. For people to change it either has to be personally or group related from what I've experienced.

From my own personal experiences, trying to debate/argue with people on public spaces like a forum or Twitter is a fruitless venture. At some point, it becomes a public circus that just gets messy and loses the original point of the conversation.

The most enlightening stuff I learned was done from more personal one-on-one conversation where both parties on level. That and some introspection has done more me for than ever trying argue with random folks.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
From my own personal experiences, trying to debate/argue with people on public spaces like a forum or Twitter is a fruitless venture. At some point, it becomes a public circus that just gets messy and loses the original point of the conversation.

The most enlightening stuff I learned was done from more personal one-on-one conversation where both parties on level. That and some introspection has done more me for than ever trying argue with random folks.
I'd honestly argue that it doesn't depend on whether it's done online or offline, but that the people involved are actually willing to discuss things in a healthy, meaningful manner.

I've had a number of arguments/debates with people offline that have gone nowhere, and others online that actually helped improve things.

I'll admit though, it probably is easier offline though. Online you could always just scurry back to your echo chamber and spew memes about the hip new thing to rage about. Not as easy offline, but also not impossible. All it takes is just a group after all.

D

Deleted member

Yes, for me it depends on how much the other person matters to me. Obviously I discuss and debate things here because I'm here very often. The same goes for school, I see people on a day to day basis, so who we are to each other actually matters. However, a random guy in the youtube comments section or twitter isn't worth debating at all. There's still many cases of random people getting into heated arguments in real life too. You all have probably seen examples of this.

However, the internet does allow for more extreme emotions on both ends, whether it be love or hate. Though hate is always a lot more common, it's way easier to display hate for someone than it is to display love. I myself can easily tell someone just how much I hate them, but to tell them how much I like or appreciate them is another story.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, for me it depends on how much the other person matters to me. Obviously I discuss and debate things here because I'm here very often. The same goes for school, I see people on a day to day basis, so who we are to each other actually matters. However, a random guy in the youtube comments section or twitter isn't worth debating at all. There's still many cases of random people getting into heated arguments in real life too. You all have probably seen examples of this.

However, the internet does allow for more extreme emotions on both ends, whether it be love or hate. Though hate is always a lot more common, it's way easier to display hate for someone than it is to display love. I myself can easily tell someone just how much I hate them, but to tell them how much I like or appreciate them is another story.
Isn't it something like the human brain actually feels negative emotions 3 times more strongly than positive or something like that. Maybe that's why

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this earlier, but I did a summoning a few days ago, and this was what I got:

Another Nino! Yeah, I already have that 4-star Nino, so I sent this one away. Olivia was sent away as well since I already have one that I haven't been using a lot lately, not to mention I wanted to receive more feathers. This left me with Cain, Shanna, and Stahl. I thought about using Cain, but I think Frederick and Stahl take care of the Cavalier department pretty well (the later of which has proved to be useful with that Ruby Sword of his, which is the sword equivalent to the Sapphire Lance). I've been grinding up Shanna just because, but I don't think she'll be a permanent team member.

And it's nice we have that Paralogue, because it gave me enough orbs to do another summoning today. The result:

Why don't you look at that. I got Julia! She's my fourth 5-star overall, so I decided to start training her. Her speed may not be the best, but geez louiz her attack stat is absolutely killer! She's basically a magic nuke. Robin was previously the only Mage I've been using recently mostly because of his useful as a Takumi counter, though I'm debating whether or not to replace him with Julia. I feel like Julia could take care of Takumi easily as long as she goes first (I mean, with her really high magic stat against Takumi's low Resistance, seems like it could go well for her).

I also really like her Heroes artwork. She looks serene and calm, and purple and white robe really suits her. Great voice too... minus some of those critical quotes (the delivery for about two-three of them sounded awkward IMO).

And two 4-star Fredericks! Just when I recently upgraded my one Frederick to 4-stars, I now get two more Fredericks. This is interesting.

I definitely won't be needing Sully or Nino at this point though, so I sent them away for more feathers.

D

Deleted member

Isn't it something like the human brain actually feels negative emotions 3 times more strongly than positive or something like that. Maybe that's why
Well yes, but I mean just the ability to express love or hate when you do have those feelings. An example would be my feelings toward my dad. Most of the time I love him, I think he's awesome, but it's so hard to get good words out of my mouth for some reason, perhaps because I fear rejection. Perhaps I'd rather just not know what the other person thinks and just imagine that if I were to tell, it would be positive regard, rather than having to face reality. Meanwhile, when I have negative things to say, they just slip out of my mouth like nothing. Perhaps because when that's the case, I don't fear rejection at all, I even embrace it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got a five star Camilla.

Definately gonna raise that to deal with blue units.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
From what it's understood, negative emotions are more noticeable and differentiated from postive ones.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ive-emotions-more-important-positive-emotions

Negative emotions are more noticeable. Although for every negative emotion we may find a corresponding positive emotion, negative emotions are more differentiated than positive emotions. Thus, there are considerably more ways to describe negative emotional experiences than there are for positive ones. Interestingly, even though English contains more words with positive than negative connotations, the reverse is true of words describing the emotions. Indeed, we do not have satisfactory terms for all our positive emotions. In fact, people ruminate about events that induce strong negative emotions five times as long as they do about events that induce strong positive ones. Hence, it is no wonder that people tend to recall negative experiences more readily than positive ones. The love-hate pair seems to be an exception: love is more common and noticeable than hate, and there are indeed more types of love than of hate. There is little doubt then that love is both more noticeable and powerful in our everyday life.

A major reason for the more noticeable role of negative emotions is that they possess greater functional value. The risks of responding inappropriately to negative events are greater than the risks of responding inappropriately to positive events, since negative events can kill us while positive events will merely enhance our well-being.

Moreover, a greater variety of response options is needed to cope with potential harm than is needed to "cope" with potential good. In a sense, one does not need to "cope" with good fortune. Moreover, there are more ways in which a situation can be unpleasant than pleasant, and there are more ways to ruin something than to build it. Further, an individual who is governed by the seeking of pleasure more than by the avoidance of pain would not survive. Another relevant consideration in this regard is that negative emotions are often experienced when a goal is blocked; this requires the construction of new plans to attain the blocked goal or the formation of a new goal to compensate for the blocked one. In contrast, positive emotions are usually experienced when a goal is achieved. Accordingly, negative emotions require more cognitive resources to be allocated for dealing with the given situation.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today ended up being a much busier day than I expected. That said, I have decided I'll be pushing back the favorite playable Nohrian poll to the same day as the favorite playable Hoshidan poll, which will be tomorrow. I think it should fit well since it will give both polls an equal amount of votes by the end of it.

Also, here are the results from the favorite Fates royal poll from yesterday (we had a total of 23 votes, a pretty nice turnout):

5th place: Elise (1 vote)

Poor Elise. Even with her cute and playful personality, she still couldn't win most hearts here in Nintenzone.

4th place: Ryoma, Hinoka, and Sakura (2 votes)

All the Hoshidan royals minus Takumi managed to snag 2 votes each. I'm surprised yet happy to see Hinoka didn't end up in last place, and it was nice to see Sakura scoring some votes too.

3rd place: Leo and Xander (3 votes)

The Nohrian brothers managed to snag the middle ground. Not surprised they'd do this well.

2nd place: Takumi (4 votes)

Takumi was the clear silver medal winner here. If the poll is anything to go by, it's nice to see he's generally well-liked here.

And the gold medal winner is...

1st place: Camilla (6 votes)

The Nohrian older sister was the ultimate fan favorite Fates royal here in Nintenzone. Personally, as someone who dislikes Camilla, I'm disappointed she won, but hey, she clearly has her reasons why she's liked (and I can understand why), so congrats to all the Camilla fans here!

In the end, it's also worth noting the Nohrian older brother and sister were more popular than their Hoshidan counterparts, while the Hoshidan little brother and sister were more popular than their Nohrian counterparts.

------

Tomorrow, we are going to see which character will be the most popular 1st generation playable Nohrian and the most popular 1st generation playable Hoshidan respectively. For both polls, the royals will not be included in either of them since they had their time to shine with this poll, and they'd probably win those other polls as well. I want to give the non-royals a chance with these polls.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I FOUND HER!!!
After slogging through each planet trying to find any left over power-ups I may have missed...I was ready to head on over the the Leviathan Seed so that we can make our assault on Phaaze!

Phaaze is one heck of an interesting final area...Truly an alien world, and quite literally everything here wants to kill me...Only downside is perpetual Hypermode, which makes it too damn easy...B it's still a pretty fun area to traverse, although it is rather simple, however it's a bit longer than the previous final areas with the Impact Crater and the Sky Temple...

And of course at the end of it all was none other than Dark Samus! The Dark Samus battle was not much different than her previous battles in Prime 2, except for the fact she can frikkin clone herself!
After defeating her, that's when things do go downhill...If I'm being honest, the AU-313, was an ok boss, but this is the conclusion to the Trilogy, the final showdown, and yet it feels very lackluster...Maybe if the third phase wasn't just a floating head (which was leagues easier than the first phase) but rather more of a call-back to the original Prime, Dark Samus re-emerges from the damaged AU and her suit breaks apart revealing an inner abomination akin to the Core Essence from Prime 1 but with added the added powers from both Samus's suit and the AU...I do get that AU-313 was pretty much supposed to be the Mother Brain of Metroid Prime but that's just my idea...

Either way, I have COMPLETED THE TRILOGY!!! So refreshing being able to play these games again...And re-experiencing each and every world, reading the lore and getting a sense of the history and tragedy of the many races within this series...

And of course, one of my favourite things about the Primes is the Unlockable Artwork! Some of you may or may not know but I am sort of an amateur concept artist (haven't done any official jobs yet, more of a hobby for now) and the Prime trilogy was a HUGE influence for my work for years...which is quite possibly a big reason why I have such an attachment to the Primes because of this influence...

Let me share some of the artwork from the Trilogy...because it really is awesome

Fun Fact: Andrew Jones, a primary concept artist for the trilogy, is known for doing daily self-portraits which can get pretty creative and weird at times, and he actually implemented one of these portraits into the concept for Metroid Prime, hence the face

Early concepts for Dark Samus, she started off initially being quite unsettling, not that her final concept wasn't any less (especially at the end of Prime 2)

Where have I seen this before?

Now to wait for the new game whenever Nintendo decides to make it...

Also I have an idea for my next playthrough on the Wii U...

Since I've been running games by Retro Studios, I might as well have a go at other stuff they've been working on...
A buddy of mine was willing to let me borrow his copy.......
of course this fully depends on whether or not I'm actually gonna get the Switch at launch or not, but then again I heard DKC:TF isn't a really long game so...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
isn't a really long game so...
That depends on a couple of things.

1. Your skill. Game is hard. Real hard. So if you're not good at platformers, it may take you a while.
  2. Whether you go for 100% or not. Some of those items are brutal.

Happy birthday!

Might as well rename yourself Murasaki's Biggest Fan at this point.

Anyways, the appropriate first Pokemon Smash poll is up.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Let's see how many will vote for the Scratch Cat or Cat Ghost. :3
Hopefully mah boi Gengar does well.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Going back to the guy making comments about gamers being reluctant to welcome newcomers and sort of acting like assholes to them.

That's just all sorts of nerdom in general. How many times do people only watch Marvel or DC movies get told their not real fans of the characters because they only watch the movies? Or how about how book nerds shun people if they've only seen the movie adaption?

It even goes into the direction of sports. Humans just can't be nice to other humans it seems.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Going back to the guy making comments about gamers being reluctant to welcome newcomers and sort of acting like ******** to them.

That's just all sorts of nerdom in general. How many times do people only watch Marvel or DC movies get told their not real fans of the characters because they only watch the movies? Or how about how book nerds shun people if they've only seen the movie adaption?

It even goes into the direction of sports. Humans just can't be nice to other humans it seems.
It's the stigma of filthy casual.

They have no problem with what you do and how you do it but from their standpoint, atleast have more than just the basic knowledge and information.

That and in some twisted weird way, they're telling you to enjoy the best of the best before going into everything else.

Best example has been for anime, gaming and wrestling itself.

It's why JoJo fans most cases hate Anime-Only fanboys who just memespout. They like for them to have knowledge of other stuff.

TL;DR
Read Steel Ball Run you asshole, it's good ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom