• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
You know what would be a good feature to add to Heroes? One where you can battle teams on your friend list, preferably both people playing live.

Add that to the main FE games too.
Gotta love heroes with type-effective weaponry. Kagero especially, since she comes with a weapon that deals extra damage to foot soldiers, which are very common in the story missions. Also got Hana and Frederick with Armorslayer and Hammer respectively. Now I need to work on Raigh so he can get Rauðrwolf and be effective against cavalry.
You have Kagero? I'm jelly.
She's an awesome looking character I liked a lot since I saw her in the Birthright chapter. Plus she's the best character in the shuriken group, at least for now.
I found one of the FE Heroes artists on Twitter. https://twitter.com/mayo_moyo

They draw a lot of yuri/girl's love also.
Mayo drew Sully and Jeorge? Awesome. Her style looks really good.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Although gen 2 was my favorite generation, much better even in it's remake (BTW I wish Nintendo would add original gold, silver and crystal to the eshop, I'd definitely buy that)

I've found there is very few gen 2 pokemon that make a "favorite pokemon list" of mine

Although, the one that does is my second favorite pokemon so I need to find some mareep

If they make mareep some kind of regional pokemon I'm going to be PISSED
That's kind of my feelings on Gen 2 as well. Gen 2 is probably one of the generations I have the fondest memories of, but when I looked back at the Pokémon I realized that I don't have as much of an attachment to them like I do with most other generations. That's not to say I don't have favorites (ex. Lugia and Houndoom), but for the most part they didn't leave as much of an impression on me.

It also probably didn't help that Gen 2 had some weird distribution of the newer set such as with examples like Houndour being all the way in Celedon, it did make it seem like they were playing second fiddle in their own generation.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
That's settles it. Generation 1 will be the first in the Pokemon series (Inb4 Genwunners) followed by Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6, and Gen 7.

As for the humans, I might narrow it down to one poll since not that many Smash fans ask for a playable Pokémon human. I'll just have to decide things based on relevance, popularity, and abilities. Caitlin or Sabrina would work well as Psychics, Looker does have his International Police roles going for him, N is alright (but having him fight would be difficult), loads of Fighting Type Gym Leaders can work since they regularly workout or train with their Pokémon, and Lusamine depends if we have fans that are far too afraid of spoilers these days.

I'll keep these things in mind. Any other ideas or suggestions?
Koga's the only other human I can think of.

I'd do this for the Pokémon:

• Gen 1: :094::149::015::151:
  • Gen 2: :248::212::157::214:
  • Gen 3: Sceptile, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Jirachi
  • Gen 4: Garchomp, Weavile, Darkrai, Gallade
  • Gen 5: Zoroark, Genesect, Darmanitan, Victini
  • Gen 6: Hawlucha, Aegislash, Diancie, Avalugg
  • Gen 7: Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I just found out FE3 and it's remake end earlier if you don't collect 12 items, that's horse****. Akania has **** design
They're not that hard to get. Just kill every enemy and go for all the chests and you'll get em all, it's not that tough.

Most of them are found on bosses and recruitable characters, so you don't even have to go much out of your way to get them.

Maybe try actually playing the games before you **** all over them, hm?

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone watch Walking Dead 7B the other day?
This scene here and the gradually ever-tense buildup and everything was amazing. I was just sitting there holding my biscuit near my mouth not able to eat it thats how tense and epic it was.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know what would be a good feature to add to Heroes? One where you can battle teams on your friend list, preferably both people playing live.

Fire Emblem Fates has that. At the very least, you can go to your Friends/Favorites's Castles in Fates, than you can battle against teams done by those people. You can even get characters or skills for your own file from other's Castles. Fates even has online multiplayer battling, but it's a balance nightmare due to skills like Warp, Replicate, Point Blank Shot, etc.
You have Kagero? I'm jelly.
She's an awesome looking character I liked a lot since I saw her in the Birthright chapter. Plus she's the best character in the shuriken group, at least for now.
Yes I do. I believe I got her on my 4th set of summons. Also got Robin, Nino and Jeorge on my second set, Adult Tiki and Cain on my 3rd set and Tharja and Saizo on my 5th set. Saizo's another useful one, thanks to Smoke Dagger and Poison Strike.
Anyway, Kagero is indeed very useful, as not only does she have Poison Dagger against foot infantry, but also Warding Strike against mages and Daggerbreaker against other dagger users. Not to mention she has very high strength in general.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Anyone watch Walking Dead 7B the other day?
This scene here and the gradually ever-tense buildup and everything was amazing. I was just sitting there holding my biscuit near my mouth not able to eat it thats how tense and epic it was.

Looks more like the world's wildest domino line.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They're not that hard to get. Just kill every enemy and you'll get em all, it's not that tough.

Most of them are found on bosses and recruitable characters, so you don't even have to go much out of your way to get them.

Maybe try actually playing the games before you **** all over them, hm?
Still, that's incredibly stupid, and I was talking about Akania as a whole, Shadow Dragon has some horribly outdated design for maps and other irksome things in general (WHY DOESN'T THE GAME REGISTER THE RECRUITABLE ENEMIES WHO ONLY TRY TO GET TO MARTH AS ALLIES)
Gaiden had so much crap, but I'm more forgiving as it helped mold FE's future and system limitations, not to mention Echoes isn't out yet

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Fire Emblem Fates has that. At the very least, you can go to your Friends/Favorites's Castles in Fates, than you can battle against teams done by those people. You can even get characters or skills for your own file from other's Castles. Fates even has online multiplayer battling, but it's a balance nightmare due to skills like Warp, Replicate, Point Blank Shot, etc.

Yes I do. I believe I got her on my 4th set of summons. Also got Robin, Nino and Jeorge on my second set, Adult Tiki and Cain on my 3rd set and Tharja and Saizo on my 5th set. Saizo's another useful one, thanks to Smoke Dagger and Poison Strike.
Anyway, Kagero is indeed very useful, as not only does she have Poison Dagger against foot infantry, but also Warding Strike against mages and Daggerbreaker against other dagger users. Not to mention she has very high strength in general.
Now that you mention your good holy **** Tharja errr I mean great sets of summons each time, I can't remember when or how I got my Nino XD. I didn't use her for a few days after I got her, tho. She's very good. The highest attack I saw her do was 84 holy hell. It was auto battle and I only saw a thing 42 x 2 (i think it was like that, either way 84 attack hot damn) so I'm not sure what happened.

Welp, at least we also share the Cain and Adult Tiki's :D. Cain's warping ability is amazing.

I'm defo gonna try that in Fates soon enough.

Edit: Do I have you on the friend list? I don't think I do. Anyways mines in the sig.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can anyone play 3 room matches with me in Pokemon Duel? I need to win 3 in the next 40 minutes for my daily misson.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's settles it. Generation 1 will be the first in the Pokemon series (Inb4 Genwunners) followed by Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6, and Gen 7.

As for the humans, I might narrow it down to one poll since not that many Smash fans ask for a playable Pokémon human. I'll just have to decide things based on relevance, popularity, and abilities. Caitlin or Sabrina would work well as Psychics, Looker does have his International Police roles going for him, N is alright (but having him fight would be difficult), loads of Fighting Type Gym Leaders can work since they regularly workout or train with their Pokémon, and Lusamine depends if we have fans that are far too afraid of spoilers these days.

I'll keep these things in mind. Any other ideas or suggestions?
I would suggest the following four Pokémon humans.

Sabrina (First Gen Psychic), Looker (Fourth Gen International Policeman), Drayden (Fifth Gen Brawler/Wrestler), and Lusamine (Seventh gen crime boss and

Ultra Beast Tamer and Fusion

And equal balance of niches and gens covered by these four individuals. Jesse & James would be nice, but they are non-canon and so is Pokemon Yellow.

Anyone agrees or do they have objections?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Koga's the only other human I can think of.

I'd do this for the Pokémon:

• Gen 1: :094::149::015::151:
  • Gen 2: :248::212::157::214:
  • Gen 3: Sceptile, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Jirachi
  • Gen 4: Garchomp, Weavile, Darkrai, Gallade
  • Gen 5: Zoroark, Genesect, Darmanitan, Victini
  • Gen 6: Hawlucha, Aegislash, Diancie, Avalugg
  • Gen 7: Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko
Interesting Pokemon choices, I will definitely keep most of them in mind. Very unique selections too.

I forgot about Koga myself, he would be an interesting Ninja Fighter.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With my Super Bomberman R excited I decided to check out the Bomerman games between 2010's "Bomberman Live: Battlefest" and 2017's "Super Bomberman R" (just a bunch of mobile games).

There some simple Bomberman games, a crappy Bejeweled clone, and... this...

Holy ****! What was Hudson thinking here (this game was before the Konami takeover)?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Now that you mention your good holy **** Tharja errr I mean great sets of summons each time, I can't remember when or how I got my Nino XD. I didn't use her for a few days after I got her, tho. She's very good. The highest attack I saw her do was 84 holy hell. It was auto battle and I only saw a thing 42 x 2 (i think it was like that, either way 84 attack hot damn) so I'm not sure what happened.

Welp, at least we also share the Cain and Adult Tiki's :D. Cain's warping ability is amazing.
Cain's awesome thanks to Brave Sword, Wings of Mercy, his Defense special and Threaten Atk. Also you can sort characters by when you first obtained them, so that can help you remember which set of summons you got a character from or when you got a character in general. Sorting in general is useful when trying to find low levels or characters for tanking.

Tharja is the very definition of glass cannon. Not only is she the Red Magic equivalent of Nino's Green and Odin's Blue when it comes to their weapons(Tharja's weapon gives her bonus damage from all her bonuses), but she also has Vengeance which adds half of her lost HP to her damage and Darting Blow, which gives her extra Speed when she attacks. She easily doubles everything and does major damage when she attacks. She does also give extra Res to characters around her, but with her own Defense and Resistance stats, she is not going to stay on the field long.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would suggest the following four Pokémon humans.

Sabrina (First Gen Psychic), Looker (Fourth Gen International Policeman), Drayden (Fifth Gen Brawler/Wrestler), and Lusamine (Seventh gen crime boss and

Ultra Beast Tamer and Fusion

And equal balance of niches and gens covered by these four individuals. Jesse & James would be nice, but they are non-canon and so is Pokemon Yellow.

Anyone agrees or do they have objections?
While I agree with these choices, part of me wants to see Koga as well (even if Greninja exists).

Definitely agree with Sabrina, Looker, and Lusamine. Drayden is iffy, but he's a badass choice that actually fights with his bare hands.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Still, that's incredibly stupid,
I don't see how at all. You're probably going to get all the star shards by accident quite honestly, so I don't see why needing them to get the good ending is such a big deal.
and I was talking about Akania as a whole, Shadow Dragon has some horribly outdated design for maps and other irksome things in general
I disagree, but I suppose that's a matter of taste.
(WHY DOESN'T THE GAME REGISTER THE RECRUITABLE ENEMIES WHO ONLY TRY TO GET TO MARTH AS ALLIES)
I'm assuming you're asking why enemies like Minerva and Darros don't start as NPCs. It really wouldn't make sense for them to - they don't start as allies, they start as enemies and defect to your side. Maybe you could argue that Minerva should switch once you recruit Maria, but I don't see how that's such a big deal. Plus, in FE3 at least, Minerva will go out of her way to not attack your units until you rescue Maria.

Though now that i think on it, I suppose that would make sense for Palla and Catria's recruitment. Though if you've been paying attention to the story, you should be able to figure out they're recruitable.

I'm not going to pretend that the Akaneia games don't have some questionable design decisions. Knowing that you need Gordin to recruit Jeorge in FE3 is a bit of a guide dang it moment, and how you get the Silver Card in that game is pretty dumb as well. And of course there's SD's infamous gaiden chapter requirements. But most of the things you've brought up have been really trivial, to be honest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While I agree with these choices, part of me wants to see Koga as well (even if Greninja exists).

Definitely agree with Sabrina, Looker, and Lusamine. Drayden is iffy, but he's a badass choice that actually fights with his bare hands.
So does that look mean we have a deal, or you want to replace Drayden with Koga? He was always my ***** (ninja).

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Cain's awesome thanks to Brave Sword, Wings of Mercy, his Defense special and Threaten Atk. Also you can sort characters by when you first obtained them, so that can help you remember which set of summons you got a character from or when you got a character in general. Sorting in general is useful when trying to find low levels or characters for tanking.

Tharja is the very definition of glass cannon. Not only is she the Red Magic equivalent of Nino's Green and Odin's Blue when it comes to their weapons(Tharja's weapon gives her bonus damage from all her bonuses), but she also has Vengeance which adds half of her lost HP to her damage and Darting Blow, which gives her extra Speed when she attacks. She easily doubles everything and does major damage when she attacks. She does also give extra Res to characters around her, but with her own Defense and Resistance stats, she is not going to stay on the field long.
Really? *checks* Wow, I think that's my 4th summon, because my 3rd I got Tiki Nowi and Cain. Damn, she's already much higher level (29) than Cain(25) and Nowi(20) XD.

And oh so no wonder Odin keeps dying when I train a team up with my Wrys, thought it was just auto-battle being dumb XD.
I'm looking forward to using Tharja whenever get her, I like glasscannons and well, she's Tharja. I don't like 2 glasscannons at once tho, in any game, but that could change. I don't think she will fully replace my Sophia since she's almost lvl 30 already and I like using her so I'll keep swapping between them as my 2 red mages.

Also you've missed my edits so I'll copy it here:

I'm defo gonna try that in Fates soon enough.
Do I have you on the friend list? I don't think I do. Anyways mines in the sig. (aka: 784813375)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't see how at all. You're probably going to get all the star shards by accident quite honestly, so I don't see why needing them to get the good ending is such a big deal.

I'm assuming you're asking why enemies like Minerva and Darros don't start as NPCs. It really wouldn't make sense for them to - they don't start as allies, they start as enemies and defect to your side. Maybe you could argue that Minerva should switch once you recruit Maria, but I don't see how that's such a big deal. Plus, in FE3 at least, Minerva will go out of her way to not attack your units until you rescue Maria.

Though now that i think on it, I suppose that would make sense for Palla and Catria's recruitment. Though if you've been paying attention to the story, you should be able to figure out they're recruitable.

I'm not going to pretend that the Akaneia games don't have some questionable design decisions. Knowing that you need Gordin to recruit Jeorge in FE3 is a bit of a guide dang it moment, and how you get the Silver Card in that game is pretty dumb as well. And of course there's SD's infamous gaiden chapter requirements. But most of the things you've brought up have been really trivial, to be honest.

I meant Palla and Catria, yeah, but that was especially annoying as the map design of that chapter was still very dumb, all but a few units have to shimmy to the left with barely any space
>Jonathan and worst Jojo

>In the same sentence

Catch these pls.

View attachment 126153
Of you want me to catch hands, post this next time

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I brought my new Robin from 3* to 5*. M-My feathers... they're gone. T_T I seriously might have to drop some dollars next month on my birthday.

Yes I do. I believe I got her on my 4th set of summons. Also got Robin, Nino and Jeorge on my second set, Adult Tiki and Cain on my 3rd set and Tharja and Saizo on my 5th set.
You.... I don't like you.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I meant Palla and Catria, yeah, but that was especially annoying as the map design of that chapter was still very dumb, all but a few units have to shimmy to the left with barely any space
You really don't, though. You can use a thief to lower the bridge and not have to take the path to the left.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I brought my new Robin from 3* to 5*. M-My feathers... they're gone. T_T I seriously might have to drop some dollars next month on my birthday.

I don't think I ever reached lifetime 20k feathers yet, I only have around 2k since I keep making certain characters 4 stars, even if they started off with 2. How much time did you have to put in the arena?

And XD.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Will it replicate the original global hype of Pokémon GO's launch ?
That's a good question.
I think the addition of Gen 2 Pokémon will spark a lot of interest back.
But I don't think it'll come anywhere near the levels of popularity it had when it came out.

Though to be fair, I don't think we'll see anything get Pokémon Go's initial success anytime soon.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I said 'all but a few' units. Even then, thieves are pretty weak, and I want to get people like Barst, Ogma, Merric and Marth closer to the battlefield, not the guys who're only good at picking locks
....we're talking about this chapter, correct? Again, you don't have to do that. Literally the only thing on the left side of the map is a village and some shops. You really only need to send Marth, maybe someone to take out the archers, and maybe a cleric to warp Marth after he visits the village. Everyone else can go south across the bridge to where all the enemies are. Opening the bridge doesn't even put the thief in harm's way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
....we're talking about this chapter, correct? Again, you don't have to do that. Literally the only thing on the left side of the map is a village and some shops. You really only need to send Marth, maybe someone to take out the archers, and maybe a cleric to warp Marth after he visits the village. Everyone else can go south across the bridge to where all the enemies are. Opening the bridge doesn't even put the thief in harm's way.
Are you referring to the bridge with water in the middle of the tile? I tried, didn't work

D

Deleted member

Replies incoming
Speaking of, Koichi has dignity.
I get that the others are, like, opinions, but this is objectively wrong, you just can't argue against it.
Koichi has no dignity and that's canon
The only fun Jojo game that came out recently was All-Star Battle (might change my mind if I play EoH again, I dunno).
EoH looks fun, I played some matches of the demo while in my friend's house and while I had no idea of what was going on, I really like how each character's powers are portrayed
Like Josuke's healing, Kira's bombs, long-range Stands, etc.

It's actually happening this week
Wait, this still exists?
I forgot you were talking about JoJo and thought you were talking about persona there
I know this was on purpose but holy hell am I triggered
Gotta love heroes with type-effective weaponry. Kagero especially, since she comes with a weapon that deals extra damage to foot soldiers, which are very common in the story missions. Also got Hana and Frederick with Armorslayer and Hammer respectively. Now I need to work on Raigh so he can get Rauðrwolf and be effective against cavalry.
Ugh, **** Kagero and her poison dart bull****
Always ruins my Arena matches
Fates did that and it kinda fell flat on its face: terriboe balance, 5 units only, limited map selection...
I know SD did it but I don't know how it was handled
I hope they allow full army battles in the future, at least on local
I just found out FE3 and it's remake end earlier if you don't collect 12 items, that's horse****. Akania has **** design
That... doesn't sound too bad?
I mean, FE6 had the whole Legendary Weapons quest and that was actually pretty fun
Actually, I think FE6 handled Legendary Weapons the best out of the FE games I played
Still, that's incredibly stupid, and I was talking about Akania as a whole, Shadow Dragon has some horribly outdated design for maps and other irksome things in general (WHY DOESN'T THE GAME REGISTER THE RECRUITABLE ENEMIES WHO ONLY TRY TO GET TO MARTH AS ALLIES)
Gaiden had so much crap, but I'm more forgiving as it helped mold FE's future and system limitations, not to mention Echoes isn't out yet
It almost sounds like it's a NES game
The remake has no such excuses and having to use Marth to visit villages is pretty bull****
Can't wait for when I actually play it and have to rush Marth to a village through a bunch of forests that gets destroyed by Turn 6(*cough*FE6 17B*cough*)

H-how... how did you get 20.000 feathers?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
BUBUBBUT
ISN'T THIS THE ONLY TIME IN THE GAME YOU CAN DO THIS?
Nope, there's at least one other time you can do it (Chapter 20)

It's admittedly one of those curious relics from FE existing before series staples were all set in stone(like cliff terrains, not everyone promoting, etc).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Replies incoming

I get that the others are, like, opinions, but this is objectively wrong, you just can't argue against it.
Koichi has no dignity and that's canon

EoH looks fun, I played some matches of the demo while in my friend's house and while I had no idea of what was going on, I really like how each character's powers are portrayed
Like Josuke's healing, Kira's bombs, long-range Stands, etc.

Wait, this still exists?

I know this was on purpose but holy hell am I triggered

Ugh, **** Kagero and her poison dart bull****
Always ruins my Arena matches

Fates did that and it kinda fell flat on its face: terriboe balance, 5 units only, limited map selection...
I know SD did it but I don't know how it was handled
I hope they allow full army battles in the future, at least on local

That... doesn't sound too bad?
I mean, FE6 had the whole Legendary Weapons quest and that was actually pretty fun
Actually, I think FE6 handled Legendary Weapons the best out of the FE games I played

It almost sounds like it's a NES game
The remake has no such excuses and having to use Marth to visit villages is pretty bull****
Can't wait for when I actually play it and have to rush Marth to a village through a bunch of forests that gets destroyed by Turn 6(*cough*FE6 17B*cough*)

H-how... how did you get 20.000 feathers?
lmao there was an event on Nintendo's twitter, they gave away 20k feathers to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom