• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The two went through some circumstances, with FE, it was do or die. Now, I'd like someone to show me how well the Wars franchise has done, what's to say Japan's lack of interest didn't kill it? It came out at a time Nintendo was all about their homeland but not so much for other places, right? /QUOTE]
I suppose so, although I thought AW did equally well in the U.S. and Japan. Seems like that's not the case?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA
Exactly.

I would be embarrassed to even hold that case with the box art like that and walk over to the cashier. Wouldn't even be able to look the cashier in the eyes.
Is this in response to me saying how Advance Wars is "one of those types of games I do not know much about", but the fact that Awakening (one of those types of games) did better was what made it not feel neglected anymore? I imagine that's the case, but I could be wrong or very wrong.
That's the thing.

Intelligent Systems gave Fire Emblem a "last chance" sort of deal where it made a huge comeback and became a mainstay Nintendo series. They never bothered giving that honor to Advance Wars because they're way too comfortable with Fire Emblem's new success.

And believe it or not there was a time where Advance Wars and Fire Emblem were neck and neck. Advance Wars would outsell Fire Emblem everywhere but Japan. Not only that but Advance Wars was more healthier than Fire Emblem before Awakening shown when Days of Ruin sold an equal amount of units as FE11. And this was without Days of Ruin being released in Japan.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think I said:
  • Life is Strange
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Dragon Quest 9
  • Bayonetta (1)
Your gameplay taste are very diverse but you love the colorful but serious setting your games bring. You like having a lot of humor and life (lol) in your games.

Also your games are very dialogue heavy while having good gameplay attached to them.

I would recommend Metal Gear Rising, Gravity Rush and the Persona series of you want to try something new.

Who's Cal again?
Falkoopa but Spell check is a *****

It was supposed to say Fal

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For B, they wouldn't give it away for the same reason you mentioned earlier in bold.... (and is that you saying that or did they actually officially say that before???)

I think it would be fair to have FE be the main thing while AW become a eShop budget series. It could be pretty successful that way, like Dillons Rolling Western or Pullblox/Pushmo. The cheap price and similar gameplay should make it very attractive to FE fans, unless they aren't a fan of guns/tanks/modern weapons like me...

Whats the differences (besides the obvious diff look ect)? I think they are the same genre but correct me if I'm wrong. They must be at least under the same umbrella so just diff sub-genres from what I've seen of AW.
AW being an eShop exclusive would kinda suck IMO. I mean it's better than nothing but I would want a new game to have a proper release like all the previous games before it. Assuming we can get anything in the first place.

Fire Emblem is story-based with emphasis on the individual units and they're interactions with other characters whereas Advance Wars is about the pure tactical-strategy experience with the primary focus being the gameplay (AW does have a story but it's relatively light compared to FE). To say which is better is a matter of personal taste but they're absolutely not in the same boat as I mentioned here.
For once in a life, Japan gets a "American Kirby is Hardcore" boxart that sucks.

Imagine the advertising next to that misinforming cover.
It's easily up there as one of the worst boxarts of all time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Somebody got a hold of the Buttercup minifigure for LEGO Dimensions.
They appear to be based off the reboot.

At least I can squint my eyes and pretend they're the originals (along with Teen Titans Go characters).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The best thing that could help AW is advertising.

There's never hatred, vitrol or even sheer incompetence.

Just that IS wants to go for the easy money than go for something that most cosumers are unsure on.

Hell I'll love a new Advance Wars on Switch but man that's a monkey's paw wish that I don't wanna touch.

Especially when the only way they have to sell that game is more than advertising but having to cater to the Fire Emblem audience which would turn away everyone.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The best thing that could help AW is advertising.

There's never hatred, vitrol or even sheer incompetence.

Just that IS wants to go for the easy money than go for something that most cosumers are unsure on.

Hell I'll love a new Advance Wars on Switch but man that's a monkey's paw wish that I don't wanna touch.

Especially when the only way they have to sell that game is more than advertising but having to cater to the Fire Emblem audience which would turn away everyone.
Hey, if they decided to go ahead and waifu-ize Advance Wars I would tolerate that.

Waifu AW > No AW

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They've got to un-nerf D.Va.

Seriously, it makes no sense how little damage a girl in a mech can take now before it blows up.

On the plus side I guess it makes her Junker and Scavenger skins make more canon sense.

But a literally character that is a mech basically should not be such a bleh tank now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They've got to un-nerf D.Va.

Seriously, it makes no sense how little damage a girl in a mech can take now before it blows up.

On the plus side I guess it makes her Junker and Scavenger skins make more canon sense.

But a literally character that is a mech basically should not be such a bleh tank now.
Are you kidding me? D.Va helped make Triple Tank viable

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She used to be much more viable. Now I find myself struggling with her post the patch that nerfed her. I'm even using defense matrix more and still find myself losing mechs more than I ever did before.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
****, they know

Also found this on Tumblr
View attachment 126131
Oh I wasn't the only one who thought this. Good lol.

I beat their paralouge on all difficulties already. Wasn't to bad. Did some summoning did and got 3 people I had already.

I did get Odin and Maria though so it wasn't to bad.
Trying to get more orbs now to do it again.
BruceXBatman is the truest of OTPs and no one can tell me otherwise
To bad you never see them with each other :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Going by Generation is the best thing you can do. There are too many good Pokémon choices out there, but only few can be picked for things like popularity or spinoff roles. It shouldn't be too bad. Everyone loves Pokémon.

As for the humans, which ones would really work? The only ones that come to mind are Caitlin, Sabrina, Bruno, Lusamine (if a certain moment counts), N, Looker (Generations proved that he has good hands), any other Fighting Type Gym Leader, maybe Anabel, the Team Rocket duo (if we include non-canon characters), and so forth.
That's settles it. Generation 1 will be the first in the Pokemon series (Inb4 Genwunners) followed by Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6, and Gen 7.

As for the humans, I might narrow it down to one poll since not that many Smash fans ask for a playable Pokémon human. I'll just have to decide things based on relevance, popularity, and abilities. Caitlin or Sabrina would work well as Psychics, Looker does have his International Police roles going for him, N is alright (but having him fight would be difficult), loads of Fighting Type Gym Leaders can work since they regularly workout or train with their Pokémon, and Lusamine depends if we have fans that are far too afraid of spoilers these days.

I'll keep these things in mind. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Remember when Intelligent Systems was making Metroid games? yeah me neither...

Intelligent Systems focusing on Fire Emblem does make a bit of sense since they basically struck gold with Awakening...And they are just pushing forward with that kind of momentum...

I'm not wholly familiar with Advance Wars or the Wars series in general...but with a new system on the way it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it back...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My soul hurts

Everyone does it to me for watching a show in which the main character murdered a guy's adopted son because he simply existed sooooo
That's just @Shishœ being his usual self of thinking his taste isn't **** like all of ours

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ah, so he's this thread's Rohan!

Wait, when did IS do Metroid?
He wishes he was Rohan. That means he's the second best JoJo boy.

He's like Kakayoin. 6th best.

As for your second question, IS has worked on Metroid from Super to I think Fusion.

D

Deleted member

Wait, the Vita is dying? How do you kill something that's already dead?
Alright, obligatory Vita joke done
In other news, my Raven decided he wanted to be a Myrmidon because he maxed Spd way before Lv20 and got 6 ****ing Def by it.
My Eliwood has more Def than him and he's Lv10
I tagged you for one message in which I tried to be real and tell you that you're a pretty cool dude outside of that
also you scrub only nine? I remember getting over 100 alerts at once in the past by accident
Remember when each like was a separate alert? Good god, there was no way to keep them on and stay sane at the same time
My soul hurts

That's just @Shishœ being his usual self of thinking his taste isn't **** like all of ours
Hey, I never said that...
Just that yours are ****tier than mine
Ah, so he's this thread's Rohan!

Wait, when did IS do Metroid?
So, by that logic, I'm also Cloud and Reigen
Reigen is best boy so that means I'm best boy

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He wishes he was Rohan. That means he's the second best JoJo boy.

He's like Kakayoin. 6th best.

As for your second question, IS has worked on Metroid from Super to I think Fusion.
What about Mista? He was probably my favorite in Part 5 at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom