• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
FE heroes data mining stuff:
https://imgur.com/a/zWp6V

Looks like we're getting another new focus soon with Fir, Hawkeye, Adult Tiki, and Maria. Also, F!Robin is getting a stage of some kind.
I already have adult Tiki nooooo. I do like that guy tho,

And I guess I gotta grind my current team to have a chance at Fem Robin darn it.
I just wanna level up my low levels up first :@

Guess my grand plans are on hold -.-

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I liked the first LEGO movie but the ending bits kinda ruined it for me.

Hopefully LEGO Batman is more straightforward.
The ending bits in the first LEGO Movie are somewhat acknowledged (it's not a spoiler, its mentioned pretty early in the movie) but it's not a huge focus.

I personally really liked the ending bits of the first LEGO Movie, but to each their own.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm hearing that this Tank Troopers game has no online.

If true, is Nintendo wanting it to fail?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kid that ain't nothing.

Remember when I did those personality test based off of someone's 4 favorite video games

I got 31 notifications.

31 FLIPPING NOTIFICATIONS

I should do that again someday but with Smash mains though
Only 9?
When Smash speculation was at its peak I used to get 20+ notifications every single day.
But are all of those notifications are from people you (un)intentionally triggered ?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gotta be honest; I think many people including Ura Ura wishes this game was replaced by a new Advance Wars. While I doubt this game intended to replace the series at all, it would please fans if they got a new game in the series.

And yes, I question Nintendo's logic for waiting the day before release to advertise a relatively obscure 3DS game that was last talked about in September. Not a good marketing strategy if you ask me.
Tank Troopers is basically Nintendo sticking it to all the AW fans in the world. Because we have to be reminded that our series is dead and is never coming back.

And yeah, I agree. Maybe not as a fully fledged AW game but they could have easily made a Battalion Wars-esque game starring the Wars World characters from the first 3 AW games. That would have been really cool in lieu of a main series game.
Only 9?
When Smash speculation was at its peak I used to get 20+ notifications every single day.
I remember back in the 2015 days when the character boards were active i'd get like 5-10 notifications and sometimes even close to 20.

Also lol 2015 days. As if 2015 suddenly became very nostalgic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But are all of those notifications are from people you (un)intentionally triggered ?
When you use such banal insults as "Herpes Warriors," I don't buy that it was unintentional...

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Tank Troopers is basically Nintendo sticking it to all the AW fans in the world. Because we have to be reminded that our series is dead and is never coming back.

And yeah, I agree. Maybe not as a fully fledged AW game but they could have easily made a Battalion Wars-esque game starring the Wars World characters from the first 3 AW games. That would have been really cool in lieu of a main series game.
Nintendo should really grant you guys a new Advance Wars game either way. Now that I further think about it, this makes me realize that they'd rather make a completely new tactial warfare game then go back to AW and make a fully fledged new game. While I may not know much about these types of games from the past, I do hate to see them go neglected after not having had a game in years.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, you can't really walk away from that one.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nintendo should really grant you guys a new Advance Wars game either way. Now that I further think about it, this makes me realize that they'd rather make a completely new tactial warfare game then go back to AW and make a fully fledged new game. While I may not know much about these types of games from the past, I do hate to see them go neglected after having not had a game in years.
Well, join the club lol. We've been loathing for the better part of a decade without a new game.

I doubt they would make a new tactical warfare game after Codename STEAM bombed. You have to remember this is not so much Nintendo than it is Intelligent Systems call.

The main reason why Advance Wars hasn't had a game is because Intelligent Systems has this stupid mentality that Advance Wars and Fire Emblem can't co-exist. As if one series will lead the others downfall or something.

It's completely stupid as well because A) The two series have little to nothing in common and B) If this was such a huge problem for IS why can't they just give away the series to someone that will actually do something with the franchise? No matter how you look at it it's an infuriating situation the series is in. And these people keep talking as if they care about the series whenever they get asked about it. Hilarious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, join the club lol. We've been loathing for the better part of a decade without a new game.

I doubt they would make a new tactical warfare game after Codename STEAM bombed. You have to remember this is not so much Nintendo than it is Intelligent Systems call.

The main reason why Advance Wars hasn't had a game is because Intelligent Systems has this stupid mentality that Advance Wars and Fire Emblem can't co-exist. As if one series will lead the others downfall or something.

It's completely stupid as well because A) The two series have little to nothing in common and B) If this was such a huge problem for IS why can't they just give away the series to someone that will actually do something with the franchise? No matter how you look at it it's an infuriating situation the series is in. And these people keep talking as if they care about the series whenever they get asked about it. Hilarious.
I still wish they put more into Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.'s advertising. :(

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nintendo should really grant you guys a new Advance Wars game either way. Now that I further think about it, this makes me realize that they'd rather make a completely new tactial warfare game then go back to AW and make a fully fledged new game. While I may not know much about these types of games from the past, I do hate to see them go neglected after not having had a game in years.
Eeeeeeh I don't think that's the case Yelly. Both AW and FE had lackluster sales for a while (the DS games especially for both), it's just that Awakening managed to bring in more fans in a way even the devs were surprised
Are you really or are you being lazy again?
He's only watching when you're on the toilet

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still wish they put more into Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.'s advertising. :(
It was a victim of ****ty NoA/Nintendo marketing my friend. It joins the likes of many other Nintendo games in that aspect.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike bombed in Japan because of how god awful the marketing was in that region. The box art was just atrocious and there wasn't enough done to market the game properly. Just goes to show how bad marketing can ruin a game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It was a victim of ****ty NoA/Nintendo marketing my friend. It joins the likes of many other Nintendo games in that aspect.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike bombed in Japan because of how god awful the marketing was in that region. The box art was just atrocious and there wasn't enough done to market the game properly. Just goes to show how bad marketing can ruin a game.
How bad was the box art? Because I wonder if Mega Man was better or worse

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly it was more NoJ's fault.

The game merely underperformed in America, but straight up bombed in Japan. At least NoA gave it a catchy theme song. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Before it's back to doing more comic work, have a Smash poll.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And please read my recent replies if you think Pichu and Young Link returning means little to no changes.

By the way, I'm stepping into Pokémon territory soon. Due to the MASSIVE pools of characters to choose from, I'm thinking about covering Pokémon by generations. Maybe having a separate poll for humans since few have the potential to be playable.

What do you all think?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Eeeeeeh I don't think that's the case Yelly. Both AW and FE had lackluster sales for a while (the DS games especially for both), it's just that Awakening managed to bring in more fans in a way even the devs were surprised
Is this in response to me saying how Advance Wars is "one of those types of games I do not know much about", but the fact that Awakening (one of those types of games) did better was what made it not feel neglected anymore? I imagine that's the case, but I could be wrong or very wrong.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How bad was the box art? Because I wonder if Mega Man was better or worse

I can honestly just envision people passing by and laughing at how stupid the box art looks. Not to mention it has nothing to do with Dual Strike at all as it's characters aren't on it unlike the North American box art and it looks flat out ridiculous.

Then Intelligent Systems didn't even bother releasing Days of Ruin in Japan because Dual Strike didn't do well there when they only have themselves to blame for how the game performed there.
Honestly it was more NoJ's fault.

The game merely underperformed in America, but straight up bombed in Japan. At least NoA gave it a catchy theme song. :p
Yeah, NCL can almost be as much trouble as NoA sometimes as I mentioned in the above.

Localization for the most part sucks in general. Especially when the decisions are flat out stupid and nonsensical.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Before it's back to doing more comic work, have a Smash poll.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And please read my recent replies if you think Pichu and Young Link returning means little to no changes.

By the way, I'm stepping into Pokémon territory soon. Due to the MASSIVE pools of characters to choose from, I'm thinking about covering Pokémon by generations. Maybe having a separate poll for humans since few have the potential to be playable.

What do you all think?
Going by Generation is the best thing you can do. There are too many good Pokémon choices out there, but only few can be picked for things like popularity or spinoff roles. It shouldn't be too bad. Everyone loves Pokémon.

As for the humans, which ones would really work? The only ones that come to mind are Caitlin, Sabrina, Bruno, Lusamine (if a certain moment counts), N, Looker (Generations proved that he has good hands), any other Fighting Type Gym Leader, maybe Anabel, the Team Rocket duo (if we include non-canon characters), and so forth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, thanks to him, now I know what Herpies is. :p
lel
Hey Fal, have you heard of Clymadia? It's good **** :p
Also, pretty sure it's Herpes
Is this in response to me saying how Advance Wars is "one of those types of games I do not know much about", but the fact that Awakening (one of those types of games) did better was what made it not feel neglected anymore? I imagine that's the case, but I could be wrong or very wrong.
The two went through some circumstances, with FE, it was do or die. Now, I'd like someone to show me how well the Wars franchise has done, what's to say Japan's lack of interest didn't kill it? It came out at a time Nintendo was all about their homeland but not so much for other places, right?
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

For B, they wouldn't give it away for the same reason you mentioned earlier in bold.... (and is that you saying that or did they actually officially say that before???)

I think it would be fair to have FE be the main thing while AW become a eShop budget series. It could be pretty successful that way, like Dillons Rolling Western or Pullblox/Pushmo. The cheap price and similar gameplay should make it very attractive to FE fans, unless they aren't a fan of guns/tanks/modern weapons like me...

Whats the differences (besides the obvious diff look ect)? I think they are the same genre but correct me if I'm wrong. They must be at least under the same umbrella so just diff sub-genres from what I've seen of AW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom