• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, I'm not familiar with the Fire Emblem Heroes Meta.

What does the "Unlock Potential" thing do? Cause I have a Roy over Lvl 20 and it won't do anything for him.
Unlock Potential adds an additional star, but resets the characters back to level 1 with stats that they would have for the new Star Number. 5 Star is Max. So if your Roy is 5 Star, he can't unlock potential as he's at max stars. But anyway, adding an additional star allows that character to have higher max stats as well as get new skills. But you need Hero Feathers and the required number of colored promotion things that you get from Training Tower.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unlock Potential adds an additional star, but resets the characters back to level 1 with stats that they would have for the new Star Number. 5 Star is Max. So if your Roy is 5 Star, he can't unlock potential as he's at max stars. But anyway, adding an additional star allows that character to have higher max stats as well as get new skills. But you need Hero Feathers and the required number of colored promotion things that you get from Training Tower.
So, my Tiki, Draug and Ceada who are almost level 20 will be set back to level one but can get more and more boosts due to them being a star higher?

Interesting.

What about their skills? Do they reset?

D

Deleted member

If I can't have love I can at least have a large pizza for $6 from Dominos... and it'll be all just for me.

Hap balentine day.
I prefer Pizza the Hutt TBH. Because Pizza is gonna send out for YOU.

So Digital Devil Saga? Right?
Damn it, it does done already in a game? I actually wanted to include that idea in one of my ideas for a game. Don't worr, it's a game that's suppose to have disturbing stuff in it anyway

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
He's back!!
Admittedly...this Ridley battle was somewhat underwhelming, compared to the last battle which was this Gandalf vs. Balrog levels of epicness, falling down what seems to be a never ending maintenance shaft fighting to the death...though it's still a decently fun boss fight, even reminds me a bit of the Aerolfos battle in Twilight Princess...

Leading up to the Leviathan Seed and Ridley was an... escourt mission? In a Metroid game? Though it's not quite as cumbersome as other escourt missions as you just need to make sure enough bomb troopers out of twelve survive as opposed to babysitting all of them...this was admittedly pretty fun, as you were quite literally working together with the Galactic Federation while battling Space Pirates...You hear that Other M? Working together with the Galactic Federation!!
Was also another opportunity to show off how awesome the X-ray visor and Nova Beam combo is as a Berserker Knight shows up...you take aim, and it's dead...So satisfying...

After destroying the Leviathan Seed and Omega Ridley...I made my way to the Valhalla...such an unsettling atmosphere, surrounded by things that are dead, or things that are trying to make you dead...and some moments that make you shiver such as thisPhazon Metroid that is just casually dragging a GFed Trooper along the ground, or all the empty husks scattered throughout the ship...
Also, whatever you do don't look outside the ship...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, my Tiki, Draug and Ceada who are almost level 20 will be set back to level one but can get more and more boosts due to them being a star higher?

Interesting.

What about their skills? Do they reset?
As far as I've seen, skills don't reset and SP remains unaffected. I believe they keep any skills they have when they unlock potential. Meaning if you got a skill that required a lot of SP, you shouldn't need to worry about having to unlock that skill again.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, I heard that new FE Heroes characters were coming soon.

When?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yah, its a character named Argilla whos monster form is like that
Oooooh, okay, I see. I thought you meant actual boobs. :p Because that's what I was referring to.(With lips, tongue, and everything.) But when it's a monster/robot it's way easier to get away with. Like the boob missiles in Mazinger Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Elise also had this.

I wasn't ready for this. ;_; Goddammit IntSys.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The way he straight up kills himself. I cry everiteim. :(
Honestly that's part of why I like Ryoma best.
He followed the traditional Bushido code right down to the whole "death before dishonor" thing. :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'm going to be using Ryoma for a while in FEH at least

He seems like a whole other level than other people that have been on my team before

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I actually married Takumi and Camilla in my Revelations run.

Camilla's supports with Kiragi are... odd. Camilla was the last person in the game who I expected to be an education mama. Huh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Camilla's supports with Kiragi are... odd. Camilla was the last person in the game who I expected to be an education mama. Huh.
I married Niles to Camilla because... I mean... Just put them together and look hard. The look perfect together

Ivander

Smash Legend

Big thing about mother/sibling supports or Father/Shigure supports, don't expect much of a difference. You might get a bit of dialogue differences, but the main focus will always be the same. That being said, while still being the same focus, some Male Kanna/Sibling supports will have some very notable changes, the most notable being Male Kana/Sibling Ophelia.

That being said, while you will never see it due to the Children Festival DLC not being available in English, I'll just tell you right now that you actually made Kiragi a Yandere.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Big thing about mother/sibling supports or Father/Shigure supports, don't expect much of a difference. You might get a bit of dialogue differences, but the main focus will always be the same. That being said, while still being the same focus, some Male Kanna/Sibling supports will have some very notable changes, the most notable being Male Kana/Sibling Ophelia.

That being said, while you will never see it due to the Children Festival DLC not being available in English, I'll just tell you right now that you actually made Kiragi a Yandere.
I know they're mostly the same, that's why it's so unfitting. :p (I realised it from Kana's supports. I married my avatar to Kaze, Jakob and Subaki in Birthright, Conquest and Revelations and yeah, it was rather apparent)

And rip.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I heard yandere and suddenly im interested
Have fun.......:demon:
Kiragi: Haah...

Camilla: My...Kiragi. Why such a distant look? Is something the matter?

Kiragi: Oh, mom! It's just...I already miss the forest. In one of the shops, they were selling this beautiful painting of a mountain. When I saw it, all I could think about was how much I wanted to go to there...

Camilla: You poor child...you'll only have to persevere a little longer. Once this battle is over, let's take a trip to the mountains. Then you can enjoy the forest to your little heart's content. We can even bring Takumi, too.

Kiragi: Really!? You AND Father will go with me!?

Camilla: Of course. Today is all about celebrating for the children. I'd do anything to make you happy.

Kiragi: Yaaaay!! I looove you, Mother! [he switches from 母さん to 母上]

Camilla: My, my, such a cute little boy. There, there.

Kiragi: Hey, mother. You'll really do ANYTHING for me today?

Camilla: Yes, of course. For my beloved son...it would be no trouble for me to defeat every last one of our enemies...

Kiragi: Wow, so reliable! Then I have one favor to ask.

Camilla: What is it?

Kiragi: Well, uh...when you were going "there, there..." - I want to try that, too!

Camilla: Hmm?

Kiragi: I want to say "there, there" to you, too! I want to pat you on the head for hours! Why, is that bad?

Camilla: W-well, it's not "bad," but...

Kiragi: So you're saying it's fine! Alright, this is great!! ...Phew. "There, there," Mother. I really love how soft your hair is. Do you think I could dote on you today...?

Camilla: My...so sweet.

Kiragi: Oh, there's a scratch here. Where are the bad guys that did this to you? I can kill all of the bandits, just for you, alright...?

Camilla: ...Wh-what is this feeling...could my own child be copying my maternal instinct...? This is rather strange, though, even for you...Kiragi.

Kiragi: Yeees?

Camilla: Thank you...that's enough head-patting. Your mother's had enough doting. If your father saw us getting along so well, he might get jealous.

Kiragi: O-oh yeah. You're right...okay! Then once this fight's over, before we go to the forest, let's pat Father's head, too!

Camilla: That sounds lovely. The two of us will spoil him rotten with it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have fun.......:demon:
Kiragi: Haah...

Camilla: My...Kiragi. Why such a distant look? Is something the matter?

Kiragi: Oh, mom! It's just...I already miss the forest. In one of the shops, they were selling this beautiful painting of a mountain. When I saw it, all I could think about was how much I wanted to go to there...

Camilla: You poor child...you'll only have to persevere a little longer. Once this battle is over, let's take a trip to the mountains. Then you can enjoy the forest to your little heart's content. We can even bring Takumi, too.

Kiragi: Really!? You AND Father will go with me!?

Camilla: Of course. Today is all about celebrating for the children. I'd do anything to make you happy.

Kiragi: Yaaaay!! I looove you, Mother! [he switches from 母さん to 母上]

Camilla: My, my, such a cute little boy. There, there.

Kiragi: Hey, mother. You'll really do ANYTHING for me today?

Camilla: Yes, of course. For my beloved son...it would be no trouble for me to defeat every last one of our enemies...

Kiragi: Wow, so reliable! Then I have one favor to ask.

Camilla: What is it?

Kiragi: Well, uh...when you were going "there, there..." - I want to try that, too!

Camilla: Hmm?

Kiragi: I want to say "there, there" to you, too! I want to pat you on the head for hours! Why, is that bad?

Camilla: W-well, it's not "bad," but...

Kiragi: So you're saying it's fine! Alright, this is great!! ...Phew. "There, there," Mother. I really love how soft your hair is. Do you think I could dote on you today...?

Camilla: My...so sweet.

Kiragi: Oh, there's a scratch here. Where are the bad guys that did this to you? I can kill all of the bandits, just for you, alright...?

Camilla: ...Wh-what is this feeling...could my own child be copying my maternal instinct...? This is rather strange, though, even for you...Kiragi.

Kiragi: Yeees?

Camilla: Thank you...that's enough head-patting. Your mother's had enough doting. If your father saw us getting along so well, he might get jealous.

Kiragi: O-oh yeah. You're right...okay! Then once this fight's over, before we go to the forest, let's pat Father's head, too!

Camilla: That sounds lovely. The two of us will spoil him rotten with it.
Camilla, take your husband and run!

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've mentioned the Children Scramble DLC a number of times, so I'll actually post the link to the conversations between the parents and children here for anyone interested in the DLC Conversations.
https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/62128-child-scramble-convo-topic/
Like I said, compared to the actual supports between the parent and children, these ones showcase personality and uniqueness for each parent and child combination. I don't know if they have done every single one yet, but it's a huge list. Also includes the great Peri/Soleil conversation if anyone needed any reason to marry Peri to Laslow and how much he changes her.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imma counter closely your votes by selecting Takumi.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well uh... I am back once again.

Looks like all I missed was simple Fire Emblem talk. I question if that's a good or bad thing, honestly. :p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
SOMEBODY HALP!!!!!

I started a cult subreddit for my latest waifu obsession. I've never gone this deep before.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Since Fire Emblem Fates' first year anniversary in America is coming this Sunday, and the Fire Emblem hype seems to be continuing thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes, I'm going to be hosting a series of polls for Fire Emblem Fates these next few days.

Today's topic: Who is your favorite royal from Fire Emblem Fates? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12341677

For this poll, Corrin and Azura won't count. I'm only focusing on the Nohrian and Hoshidan royals.

I think everyone probably knew what I picked, but I'll say it anyway. I chose Takumi, and here are my reasons why:
  • Amazing unit thanks to his awesome wind bow and great Skill stat.
  • Was one of the few characters in Fates that had the most realistic reactions to the events of the stories.
  • Really well-written character who shows huge layers of depth to his personality. His supports show variety, and he felt like one of the more realistic characters in the game.
  • He's an incredibly relatable character to me. I can relate to many of the insecurities he faces.
  • Has the best retainers (Team Takumi for the win!), as well as the best royal-retainer dynamic because the trio largely treat each other as friends rather than master-servant. Also helps that Oboro and Hinata are my 2nd and 11th favorite Fates characters respectively.
Some honorable mentions for my favorite royals: Sakura (pretty good unit and I can relate to her shyness, not to mention she has a strong-will), Hinoka (she's cool and I can relate to her struggles in training), and Xander (awesome unit, cool design, and awesome supports).

I'm curious to see what royals do everyone here in Nintenzone like, though I already have an idea who's going to win it (probably a Nohrian).

Also, here's the schedule for the Fates polls I'll be doing these next few days:

February 14: Favorite royal
February 15: Favorite playable Nohrian (1st generation)
February 16: Favorite playable Hoshidan (1st generation)
February 17: Favorite playable Nohrian (2nd generation)
February 18: Favorite playable Hoshidan (2nd generation)

A fitting schedule to celebrate Fates' one year American anniversary

Oh, and before I forget, Happy Valentines Day everyone!
As someone who confesses to having not played Fates in a while, I'll probably default with Lobster Lord Ryoma for now. He seems to be a likeable chap, and has a compassionate care for his siblings. I guess also being voiced by Matthew Mercer (Aka, Chrom or McCree) also makes me a bit more familiar with him, but then again, I'm only up to the Jinya Temple chapter where Hana and Subaki join, so I'm not entirely sure how he'll develop as a character later on, but for safety, I've voted Ryoma.

Huh... I just noticed that I've now made over 2000 posts on the 'Boards since I first started. Pretty impressive for me to be attached to an online forum for so long; almost 2-3 years at this rate.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well the new characters just hit FE Heroes.

Time to suffer in gacha hell for Super Marth Bros. and Seliph.

D

Deleted member

So, the new FEH update only adds those 4 characters?
Since Fire Emblem Fates' first year anniversary in America is coming this Sunday, and the Fire Emblem hype seems to be continuing thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes, I'm going to be hosting a series of polls for Fire Emblem Fates these next few days.

Today's topic: Who is your favorite royal from Fire Emblem Fates? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12341677

For this poll, Corrin and Azura won't count. I'm only focusing on the Nohrian and Hoshidan royals.

I think everyone probably knew what I picked, but I'll say it anyway. I chose Takumi, and here are my reasons why:
  • Amazing unit thanks to his awesome wind bow and great Skill stat.
  • Was one of the few characters in Fates that had the most realistic reactions to the events of the stories.
  • Really well-written character who shows huge layers of depth to his personality. His supports show variety, and he felt like one of the more realistic characters in the game.
  • He's an incredibly relatable character to me. I can relate to many of the insecurities he faces.
  • Has the best retainers (Team Takumi for the win!), as well as the best royal-retainer dynamic because the trio largely treat each other as friends rather than master-servant. Also helps that Oboro and Hinata are my 2nd and 11th favorite Fates characters respectively.
Some honorable mentions for my favorite royals: Sakura (pretty good unit and I can relate to her shyness, not to mention she has a strong-will), Hinoka (she's cool and I can relate to her struggles in training), and Xander (awesome unit, cool design, and awesome supports).

I'm curious to see what royals do everyone here in Nintenzone like, though I already have an idea who's going to win it (probably a Nohrian).

Also, here's the schedule for the Fates polls I'll be doing these next few days:

February 14: Favorite royal
February 15: Favorite playable Nohrian (1st generation)
February 16: Favorite playable Hoshidan (1st generation)
February 17: Favorite playable Nohrian (2nd generation)
February 18: Favorite playable Hoshidan (2nd generation)

A fitting schedule to celebrate Fates' one year American anniversary

Oh, and before I forget, Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Went with Xander, because while he's a goddamn moron in the story most of the time(Heroes even plays with that), he still has my favorite design, personality, usability and legendary weapon.
I mean, all of the siblings(except Hinoka) are extremely great units but Xander has a +4 Def 1-2 Rng Sword, I never even had to give any other weapon for hum to carry, not even a lance. And yeah, Ryoma breaks Birthright, but you really don't need him, in Conquest, Xander makes your life a whole lot easier.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Got a 5 * Ephraim, Lilina and a 4 * Lon'qu on my first summoning session in the new update.

Not bad.

I've mentioned the Children Scramble DLC a number of times, so I'll actually post the link to the conversations between the parents and children here for anyone interested in the DLC Conversations.
https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/62128-child-scramble-convo-topic/
Like I said, compared to the actual supports between the parent and children, these ones showcase personality and uniqueness for each parent and child combination. I don't know if they have done every single one yet, but it's a huge list. Also includes the great Peri/Soleil conversation if anyone needed any reason to marry Peri to Laslow and how much he changes her.
>Ophelia Kimono Event

M A X I M U M W A I F U

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Those last 5 are my latest summons
Screenshot_2017-02-15-09-38-45-1.png

I already have 3 of them and I couldn't care less about Cherche and Gunter
I JUST WANT GODDAMN HECTOR JESUS ****ING CHRIST **** THIS GAME

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Ryoma has awesome stat growth, for the last 3 levels he raised all stats, except once where he raised all but 1

Meanwhile my Lissa has horrible stat growth. But that's also because she is a low star level. I need to get her to level 20 so I can up that

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Everybody here playing Fire Emblem Heroes while I'm here playing Nioh.
Great game btw.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Darn, I hadn't even considered that there'd just be one banner replacing the two. Was really looking forward to what units we already had available that were going to get focused next... Ah well, I'm not waiting till the end of this month to spend my orbs. Spent 59 and this is what I kept:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So I just missed my chance at getting 1 more try on the first 2 Focus events in FEH....

;.;

Welp, this summoning session better be worth it. It's my 6th afterall...

EDIT
3* Gordin - cute
MY FIRST 5 STAR ISSSS.... Catria. =.=. OK, fine... well not gonna use you anytime soon...
Another 3* Laslow...
4* Raven, nice, except I don't like the look of him either so meh.
3* Donny boi the 3rd.

I think I hate this game now.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I just missed my chance at getting 1 more try on the first 2 Focus events in FEH....

;.;

Welp, this summoning session better be worth it. It's my 6th afterall...

EDIT
3* Gordin - cute
MY FIRST 5 STAR ISSSS.... Catria. =.=. OK, fine... well not gonna use you anytime soon...
Another 3* Laslow...
4* Raven, nice, except I don't like the look of him either so meh.
3* Donny boi the 3rd.

I think I hate this game now.
I've got five Donnels by now. :laugh: Don't lose heart. There are people with worse luck than you. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So, the new FEH update only adds those 4 characters?
It adds:
* Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, Julia (who are only available as 5* units)
* A new paralogue chapter with three maps to play, so 9 more Orbs to earn
* A bunch of quests relating to those maps, for more orbs/level-up crystals/etc.
* On the day when the Arena is closed, the Training Tower now gives out coloured badges like it does every other day
* App release bonus orbs extended to 14 March (they were originally supposed to end today)
* The training tower's reduced stamina requirements (they're currently half the original), and 0 stamina used to change skills, become permanent

If the game had a trading option, I'd take her off you. Would save me needing to build up those 20,000 feathers to promote my 4* Catria. She's not a bad unit, I think - Killer Lance lets her get Luna (which is a fantastic skill) off quickly, Armoured Blow for up to +6 Def on player phase, and Seal Attack to boost her damage even further. She just has an all-around great skillset. It's just a shame her art is not so great, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Splatoon 2 is getting a manga.

Chrono.

I have a 5* Catria, she's surprisingly pretty good.

Crits for days and can take a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom