• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Since Fire Emblem Fates' first year anniversary in America is coming this Sunday, and the Fire Emblem hype seems to be continuing thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes, I'm going to be hosting a series of polls for Fire Emblem Fates these next few days.

Today's topic: Who is your favorite royal from Fire Emblem Fates? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/12341677

For this poll, Corrin and Azura won't count. I'm only focusing on the Nohrian and Hoshidan royals.

I think everyone probably knew what I picked, but I'll say it anyway. I chose Takumi, and here are my reasons why:
  • Amazing unit thanks to his awesome wind bow and great Skill stat.
  • Was one of the few characters in Fates that had the most realistic reactions to the events of the stories.
  • Really well-written character who shows huge layers of depth to his personality. His supports show variety, and he felt like one of the more realistic characters in the game.
  • He's an incredibly relatable character to me. I can relate to many of the insecurities he faces.
  • Has the best retainers (Team Takumi for the win!), as well as the best royal-retainer dynamic because the trio largely treat each other as friends rather than master-servant. Also helps that Oboro and Hinata are my 2nd and 11th favorite Fates characters respectively.
Some honorable mentions for my favorite royals: Sakura (pretty good unit and I can relate to her shyness, not to mention she has a strong-will), Hinoka (she's cool and I can relate to her struggles in training), and Xander (awesome unit, cool design, and awesome supports).

I'm curious to see what royals do everyone here in Nintenzone like, though I already have an idea who's going to win it (probably a Nohrian).

Also, here's the schedule for the Fates polls I'll be doing these next few days:

February 14: Favorite royal
February 15: Favorite playable Nohrian (1st generation)
February 16: Favorite playable Hoshidan (1st generation)
February 17: Favorite playable Nohrian (2nd generation)
February 18: Favorite playable Hoshidan (2nd generation)

A fitting schedule to celebrate Fates' one year American anniversary

Oh, and before I forget, Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Tracer was like Scout she'd probably be one of my most played heroes in that game. Never played it though because I can't

But I find scout really fun to play

Scout and heavy all the way

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The Penguins of Madagascar used to be my favorite show. Either I liked it because penguins were my favorite animal, or penguins became my favorite animal because of the show. I don't remember which one.
Before she gave it t you, did she say life is like a box of chocolates? :p
I don't remember what she said, but it wasn't anywhere close to Tom Hanks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually got a response from that girl I mentioned. We have a set time to hang out.

I'm not really sure what to think her waiting 2 days to respond

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I bought both seasons of Sailor Moon Crystal on bluray.

It'll be weird to hear it in English.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Since Fire Emblem Fates' first year anniversary in America is coming this Sunday, and the Fire Emblem hype seems to be continuing thanks to Fire Emblem Heroes, I'm going to be hosting a series of polls for Fire Emblem Fates these next few days.

Today's topic: Who is your favorite royal from Fire Emblem Fates? Answer in the Strawpoll via the link below!

For this poll, Corrin and Azura won't count. I'm only focusing on the Nohrian and Hoshidan royals.

I think everyone probably knew what I picked, but I'll say it anyway. I chose Takumi, and here are my reasons why:
  • Amazing unit thanks to his awesome wind bow and great Skill stat.
  • Was one of the few characters in Fates that had the most realistic reactions to the events of the stories.
  • Really well-written character who shows huge layers of depth to his personality. His supports show variety, and he felt like one of the more realistic characters in the game.
  • He's an incredibly relatable character to me. I can relate to many of the insecurities he faces.
  • Has the best retainers (Team Takumi for the win!), as well as the best royal-retainer dynamic because the trio largely treat each other as friends rather than master-servant. Also helps that Oboro and Hinata are my 2nd and 11th favorite Fates characters respectively.
Some honorable mentions for my favorite royals: Sakura (pretty good unit and I can relate to her shyness, not to mention she has a strong-will), Hinoka (she's cool and I can relate to her struggles in training), and Xander (awesome unit, cool design, and awesome supports).

I'm curious to see what royals do everyone here in Nintenzone like, though I already have an idea who's going to win it (probably a Nohrian).

Also, here's the schedule for the Fates polls I'll be doing these next few days:

February 14: Favorite royal
February 15: Favorite playable Nohrian (1st generation)
February 16: Favorite playable Hoshidan (1st generation)
February 17: Favorite playable Nohrian (2nd generation)
February 18: Favorite playable Hoshidan (2nd generation)

A fitting schedule to celebrate Fates' one year American anniversary

Oh, and before I forget, Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Voted for Camilla, just love her to bits. Even more than Takumi and Leo.

My reasons include her cute interactions with Corrin, just how sweet she is with her siblings, being a great Wyvern Rider unit with great attack, she saved my hide alot in some of the harder levels, and I just find her design so lovely despite the flak that it gets. Just wished she got more screentime like her other siblings.

Had no regrets marrying my male Corrin to him. If only Female Corrin had that option, but alas. Tharja 2.0 is the only option you'll ever get.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Voted for Camilla because something about seeing her in the trainer just reached me

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone on the Source Gaming Discord knows how long i've been playing Chapter 10 of conquest

I've lost the last 10 runs to bad RNG. Once or twice it has been Camilla

But Corrin really just does not undersatnd how RNG works. You don't need to get hit every single time. You see that 50% down there? That means you can dodge half the time. and the % means you can dodge more!

So corrin. Please. Let me play the rest of the game. Instead of literally not getting a single dodge
:062:
God ****ing dammit hell piss **** ass ****
I made it to the last turn. . .again. Everyone did their duty but Camilla and arthur got surrounded. Camilla can just fly away without giving a care but Arthur is ****ed. Like 7 HP, forgot to equip his Def+ axe, and surrounded by 4 axe users and 4 archers. Most of them paired up.

The guy whose gimmick is i'm unlucky needs to dodge every attack for me to win after days of RNG deaths. ok

the hyype song

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HE IS AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN
HE PROMOTES TO HERO FOR A GODDAMN REASON
AFTER WEEKS THIS CHAPTER IS DONE
:186:
:061:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I'll go with Xander, he seems to me like the best older brother figure, has some decent support conversations, is a little relatable to me personally, and he basically carried my entire army through Conquest.

If I were to rate them in order, it would go something like:
Xander > Sakura > Leo > Hinoka > Takumi > Ryoma > Elise >>>>>>>>>>>>> Camilla (Guess what? I don't like Camilla. Her nigh-obsessive attachment to Corrin just seems weird to me, and her design is way too sexualised for my liking. I honestly don't see why she's so popular, outside of... "those" reasons, which do nothing for me. Getting to shoot her down in her chapter in Birthright was an unusually satisfying end to that annoying map. She's a decent enough unit though, I'll let her have that.)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Went with Lobster Lord Ryoma.

Electric samurai that's voiced by Matt Mercer. What's not to like?

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I voted for Sakura cause she's cute and the only sibling that didn't bore me.
Savage.

You dont need another persona to watch something new
And while I'm at it, yeah, watch Grease, its pretty good
Well that's the best lesson I got today.
Happy defeating loneliness and rainbow sheep one step at a time day.
:happysheep:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was watching Midnight's Edge newest video and they brought up his Jimmy Kimmel skit from last year about Batman v. Superman. They specifically mention the bit at 6:20.
The irony is real.

God ****ing dammit hell piss **** *** ****
I made it to the last turn. . .again. Everyone did their duty but Camilla and arthur got surrounded. Camilla can just fly away without giving a care but Arthur is ****ed. Like 7 HP, forgot to equip his Def+ axe, and surrounded by 4 axe users and 4 archers. Most of them paired up.

The guy whose gimmick is i'm unlucky needs to dodge every attack for me to win after days of RNG deaths. ok

the hyype song

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HE IS AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN
HE PROMOTES TO HERO FOR A GODDAMN REASON
AFTER WEEKS THIS CHAPTER IS DONE
:061:
For anyone who doesn't understand FE just imagine that a single hit is game over. With a guy with Insane bad luck

and then this happens

Except Matrix dodging axes and arrows instead of bullets

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For anyone who doesn't understand FE just imagine that a single hit is game over. With a guy with Insane bad luck

and then this happens

Except Matrix dodging axes and arrows instead of bullets
He did sort of get hit twice in that scene. At least taking off some outer skin

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
With no votes for Pokemon Trainer, I'm not really surprised. The Stamina mechanic was kind of reviled and fans cared more for his own Pokemon than the trainer that controls them.

The next veteran poll will be different since Squirtle and Ivysaur will be up against Pichu and Young Link. Too easy. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I voted Elise.

I like the cheery and energetic types. She was really useful in my Conquest run too.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Yes. Because I've seen things like boobs with razor sharp teeth that eat people.
Oh my. What a subject to have stumbled upon. I'll just leave this lovely heart shaped pizza for all the late night crew here and take my leave.

Also on the poll I voted for Xander. I liked his supports and his arc a decent amount. As an unit, he's both incredibly study and packs a powerful punch. With the proper pair-up, his offense is top of the line with that 1-2 range and mounted mobility.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, I'm not familiar with the Fire Emblem Heroes Meta.

What does the "Unlock Potential" thing do? Cause I have a Roy over Lvl 20 and it won't do anything for him.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If I can't have love I can at least have a large 2 topping pizza for $6 from Dominos... and it'll be all just for me.

Hap balentine day.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, I'm not familiar with the Fire Emblem Heroes Meta.

What does the "Unlock Potential" thing do? Cause I have a Roy over Lvl 20 and it won't do anything for him.
Gives him access to new skills, such as better weapons. They make the game easier and are necessary for the last stages of Hard and Lunatic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh my. What a subject to have stumbled upon. I'll just leave this lovely heart shaped pizza for all the late night crew here and take my leave.

Also on the poll I voted for Xander. I liked his supports and his arc a decent amount. As an unit, he's both incredibly study and packs a powerful punch. With the proper pair-up, his offense is top of the line with that 1-2 range and mounted mobility.
I ordered from Pizza Hut and they have the heart shaped pizza. I was going to get it but I wanted a stuffed crust pepperoni and mushroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom