• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
H-how... how did you get 20.000 feathers?
The twitter event, scoring the highest on offense and defense with the arena seasons (didn't rank though), tossing out the vast majority of my units (from every orb available in-game thus far plus 48 from cash money), and quests.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well it wasnt on purpose but this outcome is great
...I hate you for that
The twitter event, scoring the highest on offense and defense with the arena seasons (didn't rank though), tossing out the vast majority of my units (from every orb available in-game thus far plus 48 from cash money), and quests.
**** man, I'm still on 14k(though I used 2k of those on Oboro) because I don't want to send home my units, even the ones I don't use
And I'm not the best on the Arena tbh
I think with two more Arena seasons I might finally be able to promote Nino to 5*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>Sees NeoGAF thread about "disgusting things in video games"
>Half the thread immediately uses it to bash characters they don't like despite that clearly not being the intention
>My favorite video game character is one of the ones being bashed.

Oooooof course.

No, of course I feel flattered to have reaffirmed for the infinite time that what I value and cherished as a child is actively offensive to other people.

:/

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Half the thread immediately uses it to bash characters they don't like despite that clearly not being the intention

Oooooof course.

No, of course I feel flattered to have reaffirmed for the infinite time that what I value and cherished as a child is actively offensive to other people.

Corry, see it like this
Those simpletons can't handle your exquisite taste

D

Deleted member

Oooooof course.

Which character is it?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Corry, see it like this
Those simpletons can't handle your exquisite taste
The line between the character's backstory and the way they're treated on the internet is almost hilariously blurred.

They've been subjected to a bit of a mess fanart wise, but TBH depending on what it is I get a bit ruffled by that, too.

There's a lot of cute characters I'll cart around and get a little disappointed if someone hates them, but this one is dipped in enough nostalgia that it cuts DEEP. I feel like I've ended up distancing myself from them and thinking on it it's probably partially because of the way they're treated.

Which character is it?
None other than video gaming's greatest punching bag, more reviled as a choice for Smash Bros than Shrek and Spongebob and basically used as a scapegoat for every possible thing that isn't even remotely his fault.

And also who I went out of my way to select to play as on an ancient hand-me-down gaming system long before discovering the depths of the internet.

Tails

D

Deleted member

Oooooof course.

Don't worry too much about what they have to say. Many characters I love are hated on Neogaf and elsewhere. Especially because, well, you know some reasons, knowing me. :p

Edit: In fact, it's not like I get much sympathy.

Edit 2: Man, I screwed up that first edit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They hating on my boy Tails?

Well **** them too. They are probably the same people that blame him or Knux for giving Sonic "more stupid friends" in the franchise.

It's the Sonic fandom after all.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

Oooooof course.

It's just one guy posting the pic of Tails.
The rest of the thread really isn't too bad.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Well **** them too. They are probably the same people that blame him or Knux for giving Sonic "more stupid friends" in the franchise.

"Sonic's ****ty friends" is one of my least favorite things people complain about the series.

It's part of the reason why we never see anyone but Sonic be playable (Sonic Mania and the Boom games notwithstanding).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So it's one guy with that **** taste and everything else is fine.

Cori, you get to triggered over the simplest stuff.

Just learn to roll your eyes over it.

Besides, people need a reason to bash on characters from our resident puching bags of :4corrin::4corrinf:, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen obsession with hating :4feroy:, Adam in Other M and other ones from all over the web like Starchild from Mass Effect 3, Marie in Persona 4 Golden, Lightning, Zinnia from ORAS, Raiden from MGS2 and Shadow the Hedgehog

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. The Layton series is still going strong, so here's to 10 more years of puzzles, mystery, puzzles, tango music, puzzles, humor, puzzle, good stories, and more Don Paolo.

D

Deleted member

Eliwood is just ****ing with the RNG
He's dodging ~65% hits and triggering 6% crits, like, what?
>Misses a 91% hit
Oh for the lo--
>Crits again at 6%
That's my boy!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's just one guy posting the pic of Tails.
The rest of the thread really isn't too bad.

TBH even though I was annoyed at the Tatsu and Lin banter myself it's a bit of a dead horse.

Just the sheer volume of derail felt off somehow even if the ways it derailed didn't hit hard until I got triggered.

I feel like Mania's a weird paradox where the people praising it are the general type that shut out having multiple playable characters "because that's the way it used to be" and yet Mania has Tails and Knuckles because aside from Sonic 1 it's never been like that.

And playable Tails is the main reason why I'm curious about Mania.

Less relevant, but I started the series with Sonic 2 yet the reasons people give for liking Mania just feel awkward. You can feel the judgement out of some of them, like "finally you make a REAL Sonic game again after 23 years!" I mean yeeeeeesh.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
So I watched the newest trailer for Heroes, and I gotta say I'm pretty excited for Ephraim! Though his voice could be better; that tone doesn't really suit his personality. I'm going to still get him though.

I've recently dropped Corrin for Kagero. Corrin's strength isn't really doing it for me. I might just keep Sharena for the strength buff. Still looking for a good troubador to replace Wrys.

I also just got Chrom. For anyone who has him, how good is he? I've got that guy at a four star ranking.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
TBH even though I was annoyed at the Tatsu and Lin banter myself it's a bit of a dead horse.

Just the sheer volume of derail felt off somehow even if the ways it derailed didn't hit hard until I got triggered.

I feel like Mania's a weird paradox where the people praising it are the general type that shut out having multiple playable characters "because that's the way it used to be" and yet Mania has Tails and Knuckles because aside from Sonic 1 it's never been like that.

And playable Tails is the main reason why I'm curious about Mania.

I started the series with Sonic 2 yet the reasons people give for liking Mania just feel awkward. You can feel the judgement out of some of them, like "finally you make a REAL Sonic game again after 23 years!" I mean yeeeeeesh.
It's not even thread derailment though. Others are still posting Headcrabs, creatures from Soulsborne titles, Brood Mothers from Dragon Age and the Great Mighty Poo.

I only hate ****lord and Adam, and there's no way in hell Adam is redeemable
Also I LIKE Raiden
Champ clearly mentions that the other stuff is from all over the internet though.

and other ones from all over the web

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not even thread derailment though. Others are still posting Headcrabs, creatures from Soulsborne titles, Brood Mothers from Dragon Age and the Great Mighty Poo.

Champ clearly mentions that the other stuff is from all over the internet though.

I know, but because of how he put my name before listing em all, I decided to joke about it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
"Sonic's ****ty friends" is one of my least favorite things people complain about the series.

It's part of the reason why we never see anyone but Sonic be playable (Sonic Mania and the Boom games notwithstanding).
It's more that people don't separate the characters from the ****ty gameplay they bring.

From Big's fishing, Gamma's shooting, Rouge's treasure hunting stages in SA2, Chaotix gimmicky levels in Heores, Silver being so Damn terrible in 06 and Amy as well who from after SA2/Heroes had an incredible gameplay style of being like Sonic but want back to her SA1 format but with none of her athletic abilities.

People look for scapegoats and blame the characters until Unleashed came out and people realized after the Werehog was that it's Sega adding in gimmicky gameplay because the devs feel like Sonic's levels are too short

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I guess the best way to put it is that it's a thread equivalent of Hel from Norse mythology.

Simultaneously half on topic and half derailed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's more that people don't separate the characters from the ****ty gameplay they bring.

From Big's fishing, Gamma's shooting, Rouge's treasure hunting stages in SA2, Chaotix gimmicky levels in Heores, Silver being so Damn terrible in 06 and Amy as well who from after SA2/Heroes had an incredible gameplay style of being like Sonic but want back to her SA1 format but with none of her athletic abilities.

People look for scapegoats and blame the characters until Unleashed came out and people realized after the Werehog was that it's Sega adding in gimmicky gameplay because the devs feel like Sonic's levels are too short
Then it's a good thing people like Blaze or I'd knock em the **** out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom